Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 8
Immolation (519) 01/15/2016 01:55 PM CST
The overall lethality of the spell for immolation-specced wizards is being reduced, but the usefulness and power of the spell for non-specialized wizards is being increased. The chance to incinerate (instant kill) a target is now calculated as a seed 1 summation of ((lore ranks - 10) / 2), but with a reduced chance for any warding result that is less than 150. The penalty is calculated at 2% per 1 WM. So if the wizard had a base 10% chance to incinerate the target, but the warding result was 125, the chance would be reduced to 5%. With 192 lore ranks, the base chance is 13%.

When not EVOKEd, the base damage of the spell has been increased. Training in Elemental Lore, Fire will now provide a % chance for one additional crit cycle, determined by (lore ranks / 1.5), so at 100 ranks, there is a 66% chance, and at 150 ranks, there is a 100% chance. The spell may also now be CHANNELed for increased damage, when one or more of the wizard's hands are empty and they are in an offensive stance. Lastly, when the spell is not EVOKEd, it will no longer cause RoundTime to the target, with the exception of players who manually choose to roll around on the ground in an attempt to extinguish the immolate effect. However, the spell can be EVOKEd to still cause RoundTime (in exchange for the decreased damage potential). This allows a wizard to optionally use the spell to disable or as an effective warding attack spell.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 01/15/2016 09:23 PM CST
Single target disablers shouldn't cost 19 mana. Without a CS booster, post-cap creatures such as greater water elementals also cannot be reliably disabled this way.

The incant setting is not saving:
>inc set cast 519
INCANT will now use CAST for the Immolation spell.

>inc set
INCANT CHANNEL Spells:
- 502: Chromatic Circle

INCANT EVOKE Spells:
- 903: Minor Water
- 909: Tremors

INCANT OPEN Spells:
- 518: Cone of Elements
Re: Immolation (519) 01/18/2016 03:54 AM CST
519 really doesn't disable anything.

The flames surrounding a frozen corpse flare up violently...
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to right hand. Ouch.

The flames around a frozen corpse continue to burn!
A frozen corpse rolls around on the ground, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
The flames surrounding a frozen corpse continue to burn.
A frozen corpse's eyes glow with a dull blue light!
A frozen corpse swings a large ice pick at you!
You gracefully avoid the attack!

A frozen corpse grimaces as she fumbles helplessly with her ice pick.
The flames surrounding a frozen corpse flare up violently...
... 10 points of damage!
Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.

A frozen corpse drags herself northeast, wailing in exquisite ecstasy.

It's on fire... and it can attack.. stand up, get a weapon, and walk away. Disable what? Plenty of critters exhibit this behavior. They completely ignore the fact they're on fire. The disabling aspect of this spell is very unreliable.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/18/2016 06:09 AM CST
The toggle settings for INCANT SET and the help menu from INCANT are actually a bit unintuitive.

It's not that it isn't saving. If you INCANT SET CAST, that just means set to casting [closed casting by default]. Closed casting is default therefore it doesn't show up on INCANT SET.

Only reason to set to CAST is to either
A) remove it from the INCANT SET list by making it effectively closed casting
OR
B) change from EVOKE/CHANNEL to OPEN cast mode. (like you have for 518)

By the way... to remove from the INCANT OPEN list, you have to INCANT SET OPEN 518 again to toggle it back to closed cast. Funny how there's no CLOSED setting. Similarly you could just SET INCANT CHANNEL 502 to toggle it back to CAST mode, which effectively makes the CAST option redundant, useless, and confusing.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/21/2016 01:49 AM CST

A shan warrior rolls around on the ground, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
A shan warrior struggles to rise but fails in the attempt.
>l
[Vornavian Coast, Forest Road]
Bushes close in around the path here, and appear to persist on the path in spite of being regularly cut back. Brambles and thorn bushes sport vibrant flowers, but bite and tear at anyone or anything coming too close. You also see the yellow Drafix disk, a gleaming silver flamberge and a shan warrior that is lying down.
Obvious paths: north, south
The flames surrounding a shan warrior flare up violently...
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.

The flames around a shan warrior continue to burn!
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to right leg. That hurts a bit.

The flames around a shan warrior continue to burn!
... 10 points of damage!
Minor burns to back. Looks uncomfortable.
The shan warrior howls out one last time and dies.

Still moving when on fire. Are you sure it's applying RT. Doesn't seem like anything works... except the nerfs...
Re: Immolation (519) 01/21/2016 01:50 AM CST
If there were any doubt, that was the evoked version.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/21/2016 03:11 AM CST
Drafix
Still moving when on fire.

Please post a complete log, from cast until the spell wears off.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 01/21/2016 08:25 AM CST
I realize it's an ice creature and the "on fire" effect doesn't apply, as shown in the messaging. But shouldn't the initial RT still be applying? This is evoke btw.

You gesture at a huge ice elemental.
CS: +530 - TD: +366 + CvA: +25 + d100: +84 == +273
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a huge ice elemental and it bursts into flame causing 59 points of damage!
... 70 points of damage!
... 80 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!

The flame surrounding a huge ice elemental quickly die down.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

look
[Elemental Confluence - ]
The terrain is a thick quagmire of mud and crushed rock. Bubbles rise to the surface with wet gurgles, sending malodorous vapor into the air. Fiery jets shoot up from the depths of the muck, occasionally igniting the vapor with sickly virescent sparks. You also see a huge ice elemental and a pink tourmaline.
Obvious paths: east, south, southwest, west
>Your ora claidhmore warms up some.
>
A huge ice elemental releases a wave of cold blue energy at you!
An airy mist quickly gathers around you, carrying a harsh chill with it.
CS: +350 - TD: +487 + CvA: +14 + d100: +40 - -5 == -78
Warded off!
The mist leaves a thin layer of ice on the entire lower half of your body, but you easily shake it off.

~ Methais
Re: Immolation (519) 01/21/2016 09:09 AM CST
Methais
I realize it's an ice creature and the "on fire" effect doesn't apply, as shown in the messaging. But shouldn't the initial RT still be applying? This is evoke btw.

No, as the disabling effect is due to the creature rolling around trying to extinguish the flame.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 01:05 PM CST
I had an opportunity to use the current incarnation of immolation (disabler version) yesterday and this morning and it seems to be working reasonably well with the current implementation. The mana cost reduction down to 15 is an added bonus.

Thanks for listening and making adjustments!

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 01:38 PM CST
Doug,

I've lost track of the thread where I said I would give 912-Call Wind a try in place of 519-Immolation (disabler) vs. the temple sentries. 912 is effective in knocking them over and making my bolts more effective but the sentries still like to cast their spells, even when laying down. As a result, I don't see this as an effective replacement for 519 (assuming you are able to effectively ward the sentries to begin with). However, I have started using 912 in place of 519 for the sirens since all I was really looking for with 519 was to make them easier bolt targets anyway.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 01:50 PM CST

How many 900/500 spell ranks do you have?
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 02:12 PM CST
Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 100

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 75

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 101

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 02:25 PM CST
>>sentries still like to cast their spells

Oh, yeah. Only too true, Robert. One interesting thing about sentries, though, is that they rarely (if ever?) spawn with spells prepped as I recall. This isn't true in the Scatter, for example. So I would use call wind only when a sentry genned in the same room as the Elf. If they wandered in, you just never know, and different tactics would apply. Hopefully, this didn't change overly much - the ability to be selective in tactics is something I always enjoy about the lands. It used to be 7, but now it's only 3 mana difference, so not quite as relevant as in the past, perhaps. . .

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 03:27 PM CST

What kind of effectiveness are you getting with 912?

I tried switching from 410 to 912 in Stone trolls/giants and it ended up with me getting messed up a few times. My 410 works about 85% of the time (I'm uphunting the giants a bit) but 912 is closer to 70%. That's with 30 ranks in 900's and 55 ranks of air lore.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 03:30 PM CST
It seems like > 90% but let me pull the log for all the times I've cast it in the past 2 days and see how many times I got a knockdown.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 04:06 PM CST
Sirens are quite susceptible to sleep (501) and I only have 75 ranks in that circle. Sentries were something I avoided before and continue to avoid.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 04:31 PM CST
So out of 26 casts of 912 I had 3 where I failed to knock down my intended target. I'm still using Immolation most of the time and just throwing in 912 as I think of it (old habits and all that) so I'll need a lot more casts before I can see what my true success/fail rate is.

Here's the breakdown by creature (successful 912 knockdown casts / total casts)
- Executioner (1/1)
- Combatant (2/2)
- Greater Water Elemental (1/2)
- Radical(2/2)
- Sentry (7/9) *Similar success rate to immolation casts for me with the downside that the sentry will continue to cast spells while on the ground when I use Call Wind.
- Siren (6/6)
- Water Elemental (4/4)

In some of these cases I also had knockdowns on additional targets but the above just reflects success/fail with my intended target.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 04:48 PM CST
>> Sirens are quite susceptible to sleep (501) and I only have 75 ranks in that circle. Sentries were something I avoided before and continue to avoid.

The thing I like about immolate is you get stun plus on the ground and/or shield droppage . Call wind puts them on the ground and stances them. Sleep is just on the ground but no stance or other effect (is there an extra penalty because they are asleep???). I think its about 13 mana to cast sleep on a siren so it's really comparable to the other options on the mana side of things, especially with the drop in mana cost for immolation. I think my sleep success rate on sirens is like 100% though (I tend to sleep them and leave them when I know others are looking for them for bounties).

I used to avoid sentries and GWEs for the most part. Since I've managed to beef up my TD over the past year or two to the point where sentries now have trouble warding me I don't worry about it as much. Basically for sentries I'll throw 1-2 casts of immolation which will disable them most of the time (80% ish chance to ward on each cast) and if I fail both immolation casts or more than 1 things is in the room with it then I'll just move on (plenty more where that one came from).

I still generally avoid GWEs because they have the ability to insta-kill me with one their abilities, especially if I am encumbered. If I'm not encumbered I'll usually move on if there is nothing else in the room of interest (e.g. bounty critter) or take them down with fire ball if there is (the flare damage is often better than the initial ball cast). I need to do more experimenting with Call Wind on them since once the GWE is on the ground it's next action is almost always just to stand back up. Quite frequently I can knock them down with the fire ball or fire ball splash but not often enough that I would rely on it while encumbered.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 06:26 PM CST
>Basically for sentries I'll throw 1-2 casts of immolation which will disable them most of the time (80% ish chance to ward on each cast) and if I fail both immolation casts or more than 1 things is in the room with it then I'll just move on (plenty more where that one came from).

The problem with this strategy is if everyone employs it, it greatly increases the danger for those left hunting the area with pre-spawned and now angry creatures ready to implode on sight.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 06:34 PM CST
>> The problem with this strategy is if everyone employs it, it greatly increases the danger for those left hunting the area with pre-spawned and now angry creatures ready to implode on sight.

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm leaving before they have a chance to prep if I am leaving the room.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 06:38 PM CST
>I guess I wasn't clear. I'm leaving before they have a chance to prep if I am leaving the room.

How does that align with "and if I fail both immolation casts"? Not picking on you specifically, but this strategy just doesn't seem to be beneficial to anyone or address the issue of insufficiently reliable disablers.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 08:51 PM CST
>> How does that align with "and if I fail both immolation casts"?

I'm not feeling picked on specifically. I'll try and clarify my hunting strategy a bit more.

I do a lot of PEERing before I enter any room, especially in the area where sentrys/GWEs frequent vs. the popular approach which is running around at supersonic speed with ;wander turned on (which is far more likely to setup an angry sentry with a prepared spell by the way).

If I see a sentry in the next room I will very often let it come to me unless it is alone.

If a sentry wanders into your room you can easily get off two casts of immolation prior to it preparing/casting a spell. If it is immolated then I can simply finish it off. If after two casts it is not immolated then I can move away prior to it casting or preparing a spell. No angry/prepped sentry in this scenario.

If the sentry is alone then I'll move in and cast immolate. Yup, there's a chance it might cast or prepare something. If immolate doesn't work and it hasn't cast prepped I may move on or I may just stick it out and see what happens. Depends on my mood/time of day/what I'm hunting/etc. It it does prep something I can dispel it and then move on or simply try and finish it off. Again, depends on my mood at the time.

>> Not picking on you specifically, but this strategy just doesn't seem to be beneficial to anyone or address the issue of insufficiently reliable disablers.

Sentrys are arguably the hardest thing there is in the temple (or a close 2nd to GWEs depending on your class). They are extremely hard to ward. The current disabler version of immolation works pretty much without fail on everything in the temple with the exception of sentrys (and possibly GWEs which I hardly ever cast immolation on so don't recall what they ward at). I think it is reasonable to say that a disabler spell that works very well on sirens, combatants, executioners, radicals, dissemblers, magus, and defenders nearly all of the time and works on sentrys ~80% of the time fits in the reliable disabler spell category.

If I chose to, I could improve my chances by another 10% or more by utilizing heavy quartz orbs, training my Major Elt above 100, or invest in enhancives to increase my CS. It's something I've considered but my current strategy works 'well enough' for me at present (80% x 2 means I'm not walking away most of the time anyway and I've trained such that throwing out an extra 15-30 mana here and there isn't a concern).

Alternatively, I could choose to use call wind and make judicious use of dispel against sentrys (which requires no warding to remove their prepared spell) but I don't like letting them cast their non-prepped spells at me even with my improved TD.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 09:10 PM CST

>especially in the area where sentrys/GWEs frequent vs. the popular approach which is running around at supersonic speed with ;wander turned on (which is far more likely to setup an angry sentry with a prepared spell by the way

are people who are leaving/loudly complaining usually dependent on wander or even bigshot for hunting? sincere question
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 10:40 PM CST
<<are people who are leaving/loudly complaining usually dependent on wander or even bigshot for hunting? sincere question

While we probably can't ever say for sure, I'm betting no. Most of our speedsters actually move faster than (or as fast as) a script can. Bigshot's a bit too persnickity for use in capped areas anyway. Wander, I suppose, can be tuned to be much more efficient.

OTF is the outlier perhaps, since it has a much larger area in general, and specific subzones.

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 01/24/2016 10:44 PM CST
>> I think it is reasonable to say that a disabler spell that works very well on sirens, combatants, executioners, radicals, dissemblers, magus, and defenders nearly all of the time and works on sentrys ~80% of the time fits in the reliable disabler spell category.

I was wondering if we would get to this point in the discussion. I'm curious what percentage threshold = reliability here, in general. Given that a capped wizard should probably be able to take out anything other than sentries (103) and elementals (105) without much difficulty, is that 80% to 90% threshold reasonable?

I suspect some would put reliable only at 100% - and I can understand that. But I won't agree with it, risk is a necessary evil.

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 01:15 AM CST
>I suspect some would put reliable only at 100% - and I can understand that. But I won't agree with it, risk is a necessary evil.

And I won't agree with that, when 100% reliable is achievable for post-cap pures of every other class.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 11:24 AM CST
>>And I won't agree with that, when 100% reliable is achievable for post-cap pures of every other class.

I truly regret that it is taking me so long to get my head around this - it feels more complicated than 'everyone but us can do it alla time'. So I'm struggling.

I am pretty sure Robert (in this case) could too. 'Achievable' doesn't equal 'accomplished'. Still not sure if it will hold true everywhere, but pretty sure here it does.

Are we to start comparing training plans, and training points spent next in our bid for push-button simplicity (Doug's term for 100% reliable)? Then perhaps debate when those points would be spent post-cap, I might add, to accomplish this achievement?

I hope not. Leads to nothing but bad feelings in my experience.

Just to go back to the top, we're talking about:

1) The rapid killing power of the wizard (one shot one kill) as a viable means of crowd control?
2) The rapid killing power of other professions (one shot one kill) as a viable means of crowd control?
3) Not really tied to crowd control at all, but otherwise, yes - (one shot one kill)?
4) Taquito? (For when you're not up to the whole enchilada.)

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 12:20 PM CST
Which 100% reliable disabler do you think Empaths have? 1108 doesn't work on undead, and sometimes it just shoots the creature to the next room. 214 costs too much mana to use at cap.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 12:48 PM CST
>Which 100% reliable disabler do you think Empaths have? 1108 doesn't work on undead, and sometimes it just shoots the creature to the next room. 214 costs too much mana to use at cap.

I'm assuming they're talking about 135.

~ Methais
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 12:50 PM CST
I haven't played with it much, but I think people have stated that Searing Light (135) has a 100% disable rate if you can ward the target. With proper training, outside spells, and enhancives, the argument is that you can attain that 100% success rate.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Searing_Light_(135)

It would be nice to know the exact formula used for disablers like Elemental Wave, Call Wind, Tremors, etc. I don't think that being able to see all the factors involved in casting a CS spell should be an inherent advantage over a maneuver based spell. Obfuscation should not be used as a balancing tactic. If wizards could efficiently maximize their training in order to achieve 100% success rates with these spells, assuming it is already possible with maneuver-based disablers, it shouldn't be seen as any more unbalancing than it is to do so with CS-based disablers.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 03:45 PM CST
>It would be nice to know the exact formula used for disablers like Elemental Wave, Call Wind, Tremors, etc. I don't think that being able to see all the factors involved in casting a CS spell should be an inherent advantage over a maneuver based spell. Obfuscation should not be used as a balancing tactic. If wizards could efficiently maximize their training in order to achieve 100% success rates with these spells, assuming it is already possible with maneuver-based disablers, it shouldn't be seen as any more unbalancing than it is to do so with CS-based disablers.

Call Wind, ewave and such - they're pretty much level based and also take into account your spell ranks in that circle.

Call Wind:
This spell is strongly influenced by level and the number of Wizard Base spell ranks known. The change in

Ewave:
The primary success factor of this spell is a level comparison of the caster versus its targets. Minor Elemental ranks are also factored in

Tremors:
I see no mention on the gswiki about spell strength, but I'd venture to guess it falls in line with the others above - level and spell ranks.

That's about all we're given and I don't think they'll give out the exact formula. We can keep asking....

-Drumpel
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 04:00 PM CST
>I haven't played with it much, but I think people have stated that Searing Light (135) has a 100% disable rate if you can ward the target. With proper training, outside spells, and enhancives, the argument is that you can attain that 100% success rate. - Observer

I like 135, but it being in our minor circle means that I'm not going to fully train to maximize its CS until way post-cap. So warding targets isn't a given. Outside spells are going to vary based on hunting ground (i.e. not going to work in the Rift).

But this is crazy...in terms of mass disablers, you guys are comparing a 35th level spell to 10th and 12th level spells. I would expect a 35th level spell to do better. My question is, how does 435 work as a mass disabler? Does it frequently fail to knock down targets?

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 04:24 PM CST

It does also do damage, typically not a lot but some as compared none for most other disabling spells. And while it doesn't work against creatures with no eyes (this is a very, very small subset), it does work on a lot of creatures typically immune to disabling effects. The second point being far more important in explaining the level difference.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 04:32 PM CST
>>But this is crazy...in terms of mass disablers, you guys are comparing a 35th level spell to 10th and 12th level spells. I would expect a 35th level spell to do better. My question is, how does 435 work as a mass disabler? Does it frequently fail to knock down targets?

Crazy? Crazy, you say?!

Well, yeah, kinda. In fact, I'm really struggling with this 'revelation'. I don't profess to be the end-all, be-all empath player, but I don't know of very many capped hunting empaths that would purposefully maximize the CS potential of the minor sphere over the empathic sphere. Maybe I am crazy, but I don't see that happening. Ever. Enhanced or not.

To answer your question directly, though, Rishi - 435 and 135 is an apt comparison, with the only difference seeming to be the elemental SMR against the more classic spiritual CS. So it can be hard to do an accurate comparison. In my experience, 435 is one of the last spells I would pull out of the Elf's hat. Way too much potential for 3F (friendly fire fatality), in my view.

If there were a 'design flaw' worthy of the name and ensuing discussion, I'd have to say it's the potential for up to +45 (although more realistically probably +25 to +30) CS added by Spirit Slayer. Wizards don't have a corresponding SMR-based increase spell that could affect their Stomp (909) or Waves (410 / 435 / 912?). I'm not sure that's a significant gap, mind you. Most of the wizard's 'improvement spell' types tend to deal with AS, crit or temporal factors. It's a trade-off.

The bigger complication as pointed out by Observer is the net effect of not seeing, being able to gauge improvement to, and plotting to successfully influence (maximize) the end result. While I'm not necessarily in support of exposing all game information, the knock-on effect is when the wizard tries, fails, and has no feedback on which to base further decisions the spell likely will not be attempted again and is automatically no where's near as effective as any other spell the tabulated results of which can be seen.

That part makes sense - if I can't see how to manipulate it, the spell isn't as reliable - that's where I'm thinking the 135 reliability argument is going to land, ultimately.

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 04:43 PM CST
>That's about all we're given and I don't think they'll give out the exact formula. We can keep asking. -Drumpel

That's the plan. They've slowly gotten better about letting us know how to properly train our characters. Here's hoping that trend continues.
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 04:49 PM CST
It really boils down to enhancements as well. You cannot enhance your skill with maneuver-based spells. At least not Wizard ones, once you hit cap. It seems like Call Wind would be better served to lose the %chance at cyclones and instead have increased effectiveness the more air lore you possess.

"Training in Elemental Lore, Water will cause targets to have a reduced maneuver defense based on a linear formula involving skill bonus. The specifics are unknown, but 90 skill (20 ranks) is enough to overcome the defensive bonus provided by the spell Empathic Focus (1109) and continued skill increases further improve this bonus without diminishing returns."

That's for E-wave.

Why not set something similar up for Call Wind, but instead of reducing maneuver defense, it begins to negate the level difference between you and the caster?
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 09:46 PM CST
>Doug's post

I have to admit, the idea of 240 + 135 never crossed my mind until just now. Of course, to try it, I'd blow 17.5% of my mana in one shot, so it'd have to be a pretty bad swarm to make it worth the effort. (and in those cases, it'd just be safer to run most of the time)

135 isn't player friendly either though (only group friendly, just like 435), so the same risks apply that you noted, Doug.

But if this whole thing about reliability is really about information provided, then I don't know what to say. I do think comparisons to other pure professions aren't serving anyone's cause here without data backing them up, because the assumptions being made aren't grounded in reality, and thus the GMs aren't being persuaded. (the 1115/519/317 comparison worked because of data)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 09:53 PM CST
Rishi, Player of Kembal
I have to admit, the idea of 240 + 135 never crossed my mind until just now.

Spirit Slayer (240) doesn't work with mass effect spells.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 01/25/2016 09:54 PM CST
>> >>And I won't agree with that, when 100% reliable is achievable for post-cap pures of every other class.

>> I truly regret that it is taking me so long to get my head around this - it feels more complicated than 'everyone but us can do it alla time'. So I'm struggling.

>> I am pretty sure Robert (in this case) could too. 'Achievable' doesn't equal 'accomplished'. Still not sure if it will hold true everywhere, but pretty sure here it does.

I already laid out how I could achieve ~100% success on sentrys. No doubt if I presently had a 100% success rate we'd be talking about how it didn't really count due to my post cap training, enhancives, etc.

I don't use enhancives (I do use outside spells but none of them boost my warding), I don't have a mutant training plan, I can still train another 27 or so ranks in my spell lists, and I don't bother to use heavy quartz orbs but I still have an 80% warding margin on the hardest thing in there. I do have the +10 benefit to my CS due to being a dark elf which using a heavy quartz orb would offset for non-dark elves.

If you don't think 80% is 'reasonable' for disabling the toughest thing in there (for my hunting area) then train differently than I have, use enhancives, or use a different strategy (one of which I laid out in an earlier post).

There are plenty of things to complain about with the ELR and all of the wizard changes but I think the disabler version of Immolation is in a good place now.

-- Robert

Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 8