Re: Immolation (519) 03/14/2016 09:09 AM CDT
I just wanna know how 415's damage is calculated, because I see numbers like this all the time:

You gesture at a spectral triton defender.
CS: +530 - TD: +396 + CvA: +20 + d100: +72 == +226
Warding failed!
You blast a spectral triton defender for 26 points of damage.
... 50 points of damage!
Strong attack separates head from shoulders.
Head disappears in the breeze as a new one forms on the triton defender's shoulders!
The triton defender is knocked over by the blast!

A vortex of elemental energy suddenly strikes a spectral triton defender!
CS: +530 - TD: +396 + CvA: +20 + d100: +38 == +192
Warding failed!
You blast a spectral triton defender for 74 points of damage.
... 60 points of damage!
Strike to the abdomen goes right through, leaving misty trails in its wake.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

~ Methais
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 11:24 AM CDT
So seriously Estild, what's the scoop here? A full 15 seconds went by after I set the defender on fire and it just completely ignored the spell (this is the disabler version that I am casting in case there is any confusion). Is this working as intended or is there a bug that is hard to nail down? If the spell just isn't going to work (and it is intended) then there should at least be some messaging to this effect.

>You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +535 - TD: +400 + CvA: +20 + d100: +21 == +176
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a spectral triton defender and he bursts into flame causing 33 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Brutal assault cuts a swath through the torso!
Fortunately for the triton defender, it doesn't need lungs.
... 10 points of damage!
Direct assault cleaves straight through the breastbone.
Alas, it mends before you can make a wish.
... 3 points of damage!
Glancing blow to the left arm leaves a trail of vapor in its wake.

The flames around a spectral triton defender continue to burn!
>
Initial spell cast. 3 seconds of RT passed.
Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>look
[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
The ruined hall continues north and south, the environment oddly undisturbed, save for the occasional drop of water that falls from the ceiling. A pair of clay pots rests at the base of the wall, each filled to the brim with water. You also see a spectral triton defender and some muck.
Obvious exits: north, south
>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>.cc 906

[Press the ESCape key to abort script.]
stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
You are now in an offensive stance.
>Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Fire...
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of fire at a spectral triton defender!
AS: +510 vs DS: +388 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +15 = +163
... and hit for 26 points of damage!
Left ankle stung!
The triton defender stamps in silent annoyance.
>
>
Follow up spell cast. At least 6 seconds of RT has passed.

.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
Your spell is ready.
[Spell Hindrance for some pale layered leather hunts ridged with colorful braid lacing is 4% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 2]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
>
>
2nd follow up spell has been cast. At least 9 seconds of RT has passed.

Defender thinks to himself "Oh, it's one of those wizards, this should be easy..."

A spectral triton defender thrusts with a tarnished dark silver harpoon at you!
AS: +414 vs DS: +629 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +99 = -90
A clean miss.
>

.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
Your spell is ready.
AS: +514 vs DS: +281 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +37 = +296
... and hit for 94 points of damage!
Attack whistles right through the lower back encountering little resistance!
>
>
3rd follow up spell has been cast. At least 12 seconds of RT has passed.
.cc callwind

stance offensive
incant callwind
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
>Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Call Wind...
Your spell is ready.
A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
The wind then subsides.
>
>
4th follow up spell has been cast. At least 15 seconds of RT has passed.

The Defender thinks to himself "This bozo is toying with me! First he casts his feeble fire and now he's just fanning a breeze!"

In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a spectral triton defender engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
You barely manage to fend off the attack with your runestaff!

AS: +404 vs DS: +629 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +72 = -127
A clean miss.

AS: +404 vs DS: +629 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +31 = -168
A clean miss.

AS: +404 vs DS: +629 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +10 = -189
A clean miss.

>
.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
>Wait 1 sec.
>
>
.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
Your spell is ready.
AS: +518 vs DS: +286 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +80 = +338
... and hit for 128 points of damage!
Body swirls violently from a strong hit to the back.
Neat effect!
The spectral form of the triton defender tenses in agony as he begins to dissolve from the bottom up!
>
5th follow up spell has been cast and the defender is finally dead. Where's the fire?!?

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 11:32 AM CDT
I also submitted a bug on this as well since it's been some time since I initially posted the issue here and there hasn't been any fix / indication that it is being looked into:

Immolation (518) EVOKE version just doesn't have any follow up effect sometimes
Submitted bug "Immolation (518) EVOKE version just doesn't have any follow up effect sometimes" to play.net's bug tracking database under category "Magic" with these details:
"I posted a log under Gemstone IV->Wizards->Majore Elemental Circle->Post 1663 showing that a Defender was set on fire and no follow up effect after at least 15 seconds had gone by. Also additional logs in earlier posts of the same thread."

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 11:35 AM CDT
Not that I think it matters in terms of the bug submission, but I'm curious.

Did the defender do something just before you hit it with Immolate? Perhaps an MStrike? Anything that would account for it standing around 9 to 12 seconds idle after being hit by the spell?

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 12:02 PM CDT
Maybe he was working on filing his taxes when I walked in... Here is the clip right before what I previously posted. Basically I had just entered the room.

>peer sYou peer south and see ...

The ruined hall continues north and south, the environment oddly undisturbed, save for the occasional drop of water that falls from the ceiling. A pair of clay pots rests at the base of the wall, each filled to the brim with water. You also see a spectral triton defender and some muck.
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>s[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
>.cc immolation stance offensiveincant immolationstance defensiveYou are now in an offensive stance.
>You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 12:05 PM CDT
Also the Defender wasn't standing around idle. It took a couple attacks on me pretty much ignoring that fact that I had cast Immolate on it.

So clearly it wasn't in RT preventing Immolate from working if that's the thought.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 12:12 PM CDT
Immolate is such trash now.

I'd like to try and convince myself that this bug still hasn't been addressed because the spell as a whole is getting "fixed" but I've pretty much run out of hope for this shell of a once great spell.

Do yourself a favor and switch to 415, you'll hate things slightly less.

~ Methais
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 12:13 PM CDT
>>So clearly it wasn't in RT preventing Immolate from working if that's the thought.

Yep, after 9 seconds in your log? Or so? Still - damned annoying, and it was only a passing curiosity. Thanks for sharing.

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 12:21 PM CDT
Yeah. It's swing was somewhere between 6-9 seconds so maybe it suffered 7 seconds of RT if that is how immolation works now.

I'm still unclear if RT is incurred as part of the initial cast, dropping to the ground and rolling, or what. I'm pretty sure I asked for some clarification on that earlier in this thread.

Also, I hate posting long logs but not sure how else to show the issue / help get it resolved at this point.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 01:36 PM CDT

Working as intended! Phear the power of the firemage!!!
Re: Immolation (519) 04/10/2016 11:29 PM CDT
>So seriously Estild, what's the scoop here? A full 15 seconds went by after I set the defender on fire and it just completely ignored the spell (this is the disabler version that I am casting in case there is any confusion). Is this working as intended or is there a bug that is hard to nail down? If the spell just isn't going to work (and it is intended) then there should at least be some messaging to this effect.

Don't feel bad. I've seen similar issue against several minotuar warriors when I was playing around with immolate a month or more back. Magi it worked just fine, the warriors don't stun so maybe that's part of the issue??? I don't really use the spell at all, just wanted to see if it was viable for my wizard (who has zero fire lore). I'd say 99% of the time the spell worked as intended for the evoke version. Almost all the evoke casts I made caused the warrior to drop and roll and burn over 2-3 more casts before I killed them. The odd couple that I successfully hit with evoke immolate they continued to attack like nothing had happened.....

So, I guess the spell is working as intended?

It doesn't matter to my wizard how the spell works (before the nerf or now), but it does seem to be a little broken still. Hopefully they can figure it out.

-Drumpel
Re: Immolation (519) 04/14/2016 11:41 PM CDT
Robert
So seriously Estild, what's the scoop here? A full 15 seconds went by after I set the defender on fire and it just completely ignored the spell (this is the disabler version that I am casting in case there is any confusion). Is this working as intended or is there a bug that is hard to nail down? If the spell just isn't going to work (and it is intended) then there should at least be some messaging to this effect.

You were experiencing a bug which wasn't outputting the messaging when the flames were put out from the triton defender due to being in a watery room. It has always been the case that Immolation (519) will end early in such circumstances, and for the most part, the disabling effect of the spell has not changed (or should not have) at all since its original implementation. However, we also did discover another bug with how the roundtime was being applied and fixed that as well. Let me know if you notice any other issues with it.

To provide some additional details on how the disabling aspect works, when the spell is cast, the target creature is immediately subject to 10 seconds of roundtime. 5 seconds after the cast, they have a 25% chance to just ignore the fire (and thus take no additional roundtime that round) or they can attempt to extinguish the flames (10-50% chance of success) and take another 10 seconds of roundtime. This process repeats every 10 seconds. The roundtime does not stack with itself or any other roundtime on the target, but will reset to the 10 second mark accordingly. The disabling aspect has always worked this way.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 04/15/2016 08:23 AM CDT
Thank you for the response and the additional insight into how the spell should work.

I'll run it thought its paces this weekend and see if there are still any weird circumstances (no messaging or unexpected behaviors).

>> the disabling effect of the spell has not changed (or should not have) at all since its original implementation.

The bug has probably just became more noticeable (for me) with the reduction in instant kills.

>> However, we also did discover another bug with how the roundtime was being applied and fixed that as well.

I'll be curious to see how this plays out. Hopefully the bug fix was in favor of more RT, not less! :p

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/15/2016 09:17 AM CDT
Robert
I'll be curious to see how this plays out. Hopefully the bug fix was in favor of more RT, not less! :p

It was definitely a bug that was not in your favor (since it was failing to apply the roundtime correctly), so fixing it is a good thing. :)

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 04/17/2016 12:12 PM CDT
I've had to put off my testing until sometime in the coming week due to unexpected company from out of state dropping in for a visit.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/17/2016 09:13 PM CDT
I had a little time left over this evening so made a quick run to the temple. It seems like we've taken another step forward and then two backwards with this spell yet again but maybe the RNG was working against me some this hunt. So my limited data observations so far...

1) In the past, when I would cast this spell the critters would frequently drop to the ground and roll giving you the benefit of them now being prone and in round time.

Log example from a hunt last week:

>look
Drops of water fall from the ceiling with a barely audible splash, joining the tiny streams that flow through the intricately carved grooves in the floor. A single arched window, its edges worn from time and the elements, rests along the southern wall. You also see a triton radical, a bundle of brackish green arrows, a small puddle and the brown Faulkil disk.
Obvious exits: north, east, west

A triton combatant strides in, a wary look on her face.

A triton radical falls to the floor and rolls, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
The flames surrounding a triton radical continue to burn.

Now it appears that 100% of the time the critter is instead remaining standing and flailing:

A siren flails wildly, trying to extinguish the flames that surround her.

2) Additionally, it now seems that 100% of the time if there is water present then immolation will end immediately after it was cast.

You gesture at a triton radical.
The dull golden nimbus surrounding a triton radical suddenly begins to glow brightly.
CS: +535 - TD: +440 + CvA: +20 + d100: +13 == +128
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a triton radical and she bursts into flame causing 8 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Flames engulf head searing hair and scalp. Sickening!
... 20 points of damage!
Nasty burns to left arm. Gonna need lots of butter.
... 15 points of damage!
Burst of flames chars neck a crispy black.
... 3 points of damage!
Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.
The flames around a triton radical continue to burn!

The flames surrounding a triton radical quickly die down as steam rises around her.

I'll have to dig through my logs but I am fairly certain that critters used to drop and roll at least some of the time in these rooms previously (and sometime there would be the bug where they mysteriously weren't on fire any more). Is it intended to be 100% chance of extinguishing the fire in wet rooms going forward? I can see why this might occur some of the time but given we are not totally submerged in water I don't agree that this should be a 100% of the time occurrence. Maybe give them an increased chance of putting the fire out in a watery room when they drop and roll or something like that.

3) Finally, the messaging seems to be forgetting which room it is in now... I've highlighted several flares that occurred on a radical that wasn't in the room with us. Notice how the radical is conveniently ignoring that is is on fire and choosing to cast in this example as well...

>look
[Ruined Temple, Third Floor]
From the submerged floor below, water laps gently, echoing through this roofless chamber. An armless statue of a woman gazes upon a collapsed section of wall, soot marring her otherwise flawless ivory visage. Bleached bones lay in the shadow of the statue. You also see an eerie crimson mist, a water elemental that is lying down, the earth brown Faulkil disk, a triton combatant that appears dead, a triton radical and a spiral staircase.
Also here: the body of Yactaevia who is lying down
Obvious paths: northeast, northwest

A triton radical steeples her clawed fingers together, murmuring a quick incantation.

The flames surrounding a triton radical flare up violently...
... 10 points of damage!
Burst of flames to head catches ears on fire! Yeeoww!
The flames around a triton radical continue to burn!

>
Flames from the very bowels of the world's core erupt to consume you!
CS: +409 - TD: +448 + CvA: +12 + d100: +2 - -5 == -20
Warded off!

>drag yac stair
You grab Yactaevia and drag her body with you...

A spiral staircase climbs up to third floor of the temple, and is flanked on either side by a large stone statue carved to resemble a large water droplet. The flooded water reaches to the statues' middles, where wavy patterns have been formed by years of erosion. A single tapestry, soaked with moisture, hangs from the northwestern wall, and a rusted iron bar rests opposite it. You also see some muck.
Obvious exits: southeast, southwest

Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
>'Let's get you to town
You say, "Let's get you to town."
>
A triton executioner leaps from hiding to attack!
A triton executioner swings a coral-hilted sharply tapered longsword at you!
You barely dodge the attack!
>
.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a triton executioner.
You hurl a stream of fire at a triton executioner!
AS: +510 vs DS: +326 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +52 = +270
... and hit for 121 points of damage!
Left arm incinerated. Unfortunate.
The executioner's black steel buckler falls to the ground.
The triton executioner is stunned!
>
>
>look
A spiral staircase climbs up to third floor of the temple, and is flanked on either side by a large stone statue carved to resemble a large water droplet. The flooded water reaches to the statues' middles, where wavy patterns have been formed by years of erosion. A single tapestry, soaked with moisture, hangs from the northwestern wall, and a rusted iron bar rests opposite it. You also see a silver-rimmed black steel buckler, the earth brown Faulkil disk, a triton executioner that appears stunned and some muck.
>
>
>
A triton executioner leaps from hiding to attack!
AS: +433 vs DS: +683 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +19 = -192
A clean miss.
>
.cc 906

stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive

[Script finished!]
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of fire at a triton executioner!
AS: +514 vs DS: +271 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +57 = +334
... and hit for 162 points of damage!
Permanently debilitating burns across stomach.
Some of the flames from the stream of fire linger around a triton executioner.
>
>stare exe
You stare at a triton executioner.
>look
A spiral staircase climbs up to third floor of the temple, and is flanked on either side by a large stone statue carved to resemble a large water droplet. The flooded water reaches to the statues' middles, where wavy patterns have been formed by years of erosion. A single tapestry, soaked with moisture, hangs from the northwestern wall, and a rusted iron bar rests opposite it. You also see a triton executioner, a silver-rimmed black steel buckler, the earth brown Faulkil disk, a triton executioner that appears stunned and some muck.
>
AS: +433 vs DS: +683 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +36 = -175
A clean miss.
>prep sleep
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Sleep...
Your spell is ready.
>
The flames around a triton executioner continue to burn!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
The triton executioner collapses to the floor with a splash, gurgling once with a wrathful look on her face before expiring.
>cast exe
CS: +535 - TD: +402 + CvA: +20 + d100: +9 == +162
Warding failed!
A triton executioner's eyes roll up into her head as she slumps to the ground.
>look
A spiral staircase climbs up to third floor of the temple, and is flanked on either side by a large stone statue carved to resemble a large water droplet. The flooded water reaches to the statues' middles, where wavy patterns have been formed by years of erosion. A single tapestry, soaked with moisture, hangs from the northwestern wall, and a rusted iron bar rests opposite it. You also see a triton executioner that is sleeping, a silver-rimmed black steel buckler, the earth brown Faulkil disk, a triton executioner that appears dead and some muck.
>
>
Yactaevia gives a ghostly chuckle.
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>incant 930
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Familiar Gate...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Pale, swirling mist begins to billow out from nothingness before you, and quickly coalesces into a small orb of shifting essence. Suddenly, the orb expands and forms an elliptical portal of swirling blues and blacks, its edges shrouded in dancing blue-white mist.
>
A triton executioner breathes quietly in her sleep, sending small disturbances through the surface of the water.
>drag yac mist
[Assuming you mean a shifting portal.]
You drag Yactaevia through the shifting portal.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/17/2016 09:41 PM CDT
Regarding Item 2) in my prior post. I am actually positive that immolation used to work in the 'muck areas' nearly all of the time as this is my opener on sentries to keep them from casting. If the new behavior is intended that immolation always fizzle out in a muck area immediately after casting then the spell is now pretty much useless for hunting the third floor of nelemar any more. We already have a high warding margin to overcome (see the whole 80% of the time discussion earlier on) so I seriously hope this new 100% fizzle behavior is not intended (and it definitely is a new behavior introduced with the most recent round of changes.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/18/2016 07:19 AM CDT
Wait a sec. I got this!

See, we fixed the bug that was previously causing immolate to work where it wasn't intended to work. But don't worry. You can use immolate in places other than Nelemar. It's just one hunting ground. On an unrelated note, if you wanted to use water spells for a watery area like Nelemar...too bad! We haven't figured that part out yet. Wait around a few years until we do.

Am I doin' it right?

~Taverkin
Re: Immolation (519) 04/18/2016 08:07 AM CDT
I'd like to see Immolate get changed to work like 518 in regards to which element is used.

Most of our spells should work that way actually. Hopefully if/when they do this they'll make Immolate not be garbage too.

Move it to 525/530 and un-nerf it. Problem solved. Now it's on par with 1030 and nobody can say it's OP because bards are fine.

~ Methais

Reading the wizard nerfs:
http://i.imgur.com/hNaDm98.gif
Re: Immolation (519) 04/18/2016 10:50 AM CDT
>>Am I doin' it right?

I don't think so. I think you're better than this.

Doug
Re: Immolation (519) 04/18/2016 01:04 PM CDT

>Unfortunately just because it might be the same 4 or 5 individuals that are loudly discouraged with the changes wizards are going through, doesn't mean there aren't a great many of us who are waiting fairly silently in the background for a more balanced outcome.

Don't take MY silence to mean i'm accepting what's being done to wizards. Methais just expresses my fury more eloquently and intelligently.
I'm waiting, somewhat patiently. A little less desirous to retire Hapenlok since i performed a fixstats, and corrected a lot of stat placement screwups i made back in 2006 when i started my wizard.(Thanks Tsoran....wherever you are...)
To date, the only changes that's benefitted me even a little bit was the fire lore change to 513, but even that isn't as good as it should be due to my fire lore not being where it should be. And possibly the double strike with 415....a spell which i rarely use due to still only being 1x harness power(my fault in training). Stackable Haste kind of works for me but...(see below)

I don't like the fact that water lore is being(seemingly) shoved down everyone's throats....I'll take a lot of flak for this, but you know, when i started my character, my character's back-story and RP involves the use of fire. I picked up my 24 ranks of air lore for the tonis bolt and the extra disk space.
I don't like the fact that elemental strike is our professions' better alternative now that immolation is a joke. my minor elemental CS is almost a full 25 points lower than my Major/wizard. and there's no way i'm correcting that now.
I don't like that we STILL can't triple in lores.
I don't like rapid fire. period.
I now have to air lore more if i want my reduced RT to be even close to what it was.
I don't like the fact that i'm still having to use bolts, even though my plan was to migrate to a CS spell based wizard. right now? i'm training in weapons and cmans. because ...why bother?
I still hate alchemy.(had to bring that up)
I hate how our enchant times are still so long. is there even a purpose to this anymore? considering we can't even do anything higher than 7x

Basically, i feel like i'm eating an offal sandwich here. You know, i started playing a wizard, because being a warrior got stale. I really enjoyed playing a wizard. I feel like i'm being punished for doing something i really enjoy. It really doesn't make me so enthused about paying for a premium account. I'm not exaggerating when i say that if it hadn't been for the Continuing Saga in the landing i probably would have just retired.

Before some smart guy brings up the 58/300 players a night being wizards again? Check the whereabouts of said wizards, i'll bet you $5 that 60 percent of them are at tables.

Anyway, i'm going to stop beating on this dead horse. I'll be watching. and waiting. Maybe i'll see an upside.
But until then, a fire mage, i started and a fire mage i'll try to be.....even though the powers that be don't like that, apparently.
And i'm going to continue weapons training post-cap.
since i have no idea what to do right now. since the lore review.

~Andrew
Hapenlok's Player
Re: Immolation (519) 04/18/2016 03:30 PM CDT
<I don't think so. I think you're better than this.

You've been posting more or less the same complaint regarding a lack of planning/direction. Congratulations on managing to moderate your tone.

~Taverkin
Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 08:29 AM CDT
I went ahead and bugged the new issues this morning:

Submitted bug "Immolation - new bugs introduced with last bug fix" to play.net's bug tracking database under category "Magic" with these details:
"Three issues - critters not dropping to the ground when putting out flames, spell fizzles 100% of the time in damp rooms immediately after casting (before it was maybe 5%?), messaging showing up in other rooms. Details in Wizards->Major Elemental Circle posts 1871 and 1872"

-- Robert

A siren flails wildly, trying to extinguish the flames that surround her.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 03:38 PM CDT
Robert
1) In the past, when I would cast this spell the critters would frequently drop to the ground and roll giving you the benefit of them now being prone and in round time.

Fixed.

Robert
2) Additionally, it now seems that 100% of the time if there is water present then immolation will end immediately after it was cast.
I'll have to dig through my logs but I am fairly certain that critters used to drop and roll at least some of the time in these rooms previously (and sometime there would be the bug where they mysteriously weren't on fire any more). Is it intended to be 100% chance of extinguishing the fire in wet rooms going forward? I can see why this might occur some of the time but given we are not totally submerged in water I don't agree that this should be a 100% of the time occurrence. Maybe give them an increased chance of putting the fire out in a watery room when they drop and roll or something like that.

Being in a watery room would always extinguish the flames early and always after rolling exactly 1 time (for creatures). I took a copy of the spell from 2012 (as it stayed exactly the same until 2016) to verify:

>
An ethereal triton sentry chants in an incomprehensible language, causing streams of dim grey energy to lash about its hands.
>incant 519
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an ethereal triton sentry.
CS: +545 - TD: +437 + CvA: +25 + d100: +26 == +159
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around an ethereal triton sentry and it bursts into flame!
... 35 points of damage!
Painful attack flays the leg from thigh to calf.
New skin lies, snakelike, beneath the old.
It is knocked to the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
A fine strike immobilizes the left leg for an instant.
The triton sentry looks miffed.
... 25 points of damage!
Massive blow strikes the triton sentry and drives it back!
Good thing those ribs aren't made of bone.
The flames around an ethereal triton sentry continue to burn!
>
An ethereal triton sentry rolls around on the floor, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
The flames surrounding an ethereal triton sentry continue to burn.
>
The flames surrounding an ethereal triton sentry quickly die down as steam rises around it.
>
An ethereal triton sentry points an ethereal, clawed finger toward you!
CS: +426 - TD: +436 + CvA: +15 + d100: +54 == +59
Warded off!
>
An ethereal triton sentry stands up with a grunt.

I've updated it to match the old functionality of getting at least one attempted roll before the flames are extinguished.

Robert
3) Finally, the messaging seems to be forgetting which room it is in now... I've highlighted several flares that occurred on a radical that wasn't in the room with us. Notice how the radical is conveniently ignoring that is is on fire and choosing to cast in this example as well...

Fixed.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 06:05 PM CDT
Excellent. Thank you and agree on the updated version of 2) (not that you needed my agreement :p).

I'll do some more testing over the next few days!

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 07:17 PM CDT
>> 1) In the past, when I would cast this spell the critters would frequently drop to the ground and roll giving you the benefit of them now being prone and in round time.

>> Fixed.

I'll spare you the logs this time around but I don't see this working yet. At one point I had 5 critters (defenders, radicals, and combatants) all flailing about wildly but none of them were dropping to the ground and rolling. This was in a non-damp room.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 07:33 PM CDT
Perhaps it was just an overly humid day? did you SENSE ROOM with a properly attuned hygrometer in your right hand?
Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 07:44 PM CDT
Robert
I'll spare you the logs this time around but I don't see this working yet. At one point I had 5 critters (defenders, radicals, and combatants) all flailing about wildly but none of them were dropping to the ground and rolling. This was in a non-damp room.

If they're flailing about, it's the same as trying to roll around (and unrelated to water), but that messaging should have only applied to creatures that cannot be knocked down. It's fixed now.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Immolation (519) 04/19/2016 08:22 PM CDT
Thank you Estild.

Things seemed to be working as expected for the last half of my hunt this evening! :-) I'll see if I can't break it in some other ways this coming weekend but I didn't see anything obvious left out this round.

I really do appreciate your time and patience in working through all of the issues so that the spell is working as intended.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/20/2016 11:34 PM CDT
It just really seems wrong that 415 is still significantly more effective than 519, even with sub-optimal MnE CS and if 519 is CHANNELed in offensive with one open hand.

Also, it seems strange that 415 can utilize the attunement synergies provided by 425 and 502, while 512 and 519 specifically tie you into one element and allow no opportunity to benefit from 502, 425, or follow-up bolts of your character's attunement for all that attunement has been pushed upon us.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 09:36 AM CDT
And... we're back to the logs again...

As of today, it seems like either some additional work was done since I tested on 4/19 or the spell was completely reverted to before the couple of rounds of bug fixes.

Two things to notice:
1) Initial RT is not being applied.
2) Even though the critter is ignoring the spell, it is still sputtering out after 1 round in the damp area (100% of the time as near as I can tell). I don't think the critter should get this benefit if they aren't going to roll.

>n
Sections of the eastern wall have been carved out around an arched window, forming permanent shelves. None are currently used, and each is covered with a thin layer of moisture and mold. You also see a triton combatant and some muck.
Obvious exits: north, south, west

.cc immolation
stance offensive
incant immolation
stance defensive
>Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.

Fresh combatant, initial cast of the spell, expecting 10s RT to be applied.

Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a triton combatant.
CS: +535 - TD: +390 + CvA: +25 + d100: +57 == +227
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a triton combatant and she bursts into flame causing 53 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
A large patch of flesh is seared off a triton combatant's back.
... 20 points of damage!
Flames incinerate muscle tissue in neck exposing the trachea. More than you ever wanted to see.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.
The flames around a triton combatant continue to burn!

It is now on fire.

>Cast Round Time in effect: Setting stance to guarded.
>look
Sections of the eastern wall have been carved out around an arched window, forming permanent shelves. None are currently used, and each is covered with a thin layer of moisture and mold. You also see the earth brown Faulkil disk, a triton combatant and some muck.
Obvious exits: north, south, west
>.cc manaleech
stance offensive

Observation: Seems like this cam up rather early.
The flames surrounding a triton combatant flare up violently...
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to abdomen. Looks painful.
The flames around a triton combatant continue to burn!

Less than 5s have gone by since I cast the spell and he's swinging at me already!
Per your earlier post there should be 10s of RT applied at the initial cast.

>A triton combatant thrusts with a razor-tined pale green trident at you!
AS: +414 vs DS: +650 with AvD: +27 + 60 + d40 roll: +29 = -120
A clean miss.

>incant manaleech
stance defensive
>You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Mana Leech...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +535 - TD: +390 + CvA: +25 + d100: +95 == +265
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam momentarily materializes between you and a triton combatant.
She shakes violently!
You feel a sudden rush of power as you absorb 86 mana!
>.def
stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.

I am seeing the spell ignored fairly frequently (which is an option) but it seems like every time the spell sputters out after 1 round in damp areas even when they don't roll! Honestly I think they need to roll to get the 100% sputter out after 1 round.

>The flames surrounding a triton combatant quickly die down as steam rises around her.

>A triton combatant thrusts with a razor-tined pale green trident at you!
AS: +414 vs DS: +688 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +8 = -239
A clean miss.

>.cc 906
stance offensive
incant 906
stance defensive
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of fire at a triton combatant!
AS: +510 vs DS: +268 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +13 = +281
... and hit for 89 points of damage!
Flames cook a triton combatant's chest. Looks about medium well.

.cc 906
stance offensive
incant 906stance defensive
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of fire at a triton combatant!
AS: +514 vs DS: +254 with AvD: +26 + d100 roll: +46 = +332
... and hit for 96 points of damage!
Nasty burns to chest make you wish you never heard of heartburn.
The triton combatant collapses to the floor with a splash, gurgling once with a wrathful look on her face before expiring.
>sea comYou search the triton combatant.
You discard the combatant's useless equipment.
She didn't carry any silver.
She had nothing of interest.
A triton combatant's body sinks into the water, quickly scattering and dissolving out of sight.

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 09:37 AM CDT
Bug submitted:

Immolation seems to have been reverted or new bugs introduced since 4/19
Submitted bug "Immolation seems to have been reverted or new bugs introduced since 4/19" to play.net's bug tracking database under category "Magic" with these details:
"Initial 10s RT not being applied. Flaring seems at a 'different' time than before. See detailed log/post in Wizards->Major Elt->Post 1907."

-- Robert

Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 10:21 AM CDT
Been trying all the wizard spells lately. Immolation seems more like a good opening damage disabler than a killer. I'm finding Major Fire much more more potent, Major Shock pretty nasty (air lore mage), with Hurl Boulder and Minor Acid effective for the mana.

Then again, I stopped at 430, 540, and am barreling towards 950.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 11:11 AM CDT
Just revert the spell to pre-nerf and move it to 525/530 already until real wizard fixes can be implemented.

This whole thing has gotten beyond ridiculous.

~ Methais

Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 01:54 PM CDT
121 mana for a 5 cast kill for a single champion in Duskruin and you wonder why wizards are so weak with no effective instant kill next to all the other pures. This is paying the 5 mana penalty too using 515 on cooldown and having lightning strike 3 times for soft CT channeled, one open handed offensive 519.

I wonder how the average character is supposed to kill the other 24 creatures in the run.

>inc 415
You trace a simple rune while intoning the mystical phrase for Elemental Strike...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a muscular tattooed champion.
CS: +520 - TD: +431 + CvA: -13 + d100: +67 == +143
Warding failed!
You blast a muscular tattooed champion for 27 points of damage.
The elemental energy surrounding you amplifies the attack!
... 25 points of damage!
Nice blow to right hand!
The tattooed champion is knocked over by the blast!

A vortex of elemental energy suddenly strikes a muscular tattooed champion!
CS: +520 - TD: +431 + CvA: -13 + d100: +4 == +80
Warded off!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.

>inc 519
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
Seeing an opportunity, you accelerate time and empower your spell!
You channel at a muscular tattooed champion.
CS: +559 - TD: +435 + CvA: -13 + d100: +85 == +196
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a muscular tattooed champion and she bursts into flame causing 100 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a muscular tattooed champion's left leg to expand and snap. That must hurt!
... 40 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a muscular tattooed champion's right arm to expand and snap. That must hurt!
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to left arm. That hurts a bit.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to left leg. That hurts a bit.
The flames around a muscular tattooed champion continue to burn!
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 0 sec.

>inc 519
Your spell is ready.
Seeing an opportunity, you accelerate time and empower your spell!
CS: +559 - TD: +435 + CvA: -13 + d100: +92 == +203
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a muscular tattooed champion and she bursts into flame causing 115 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Skin and some muscle burnt off chest.
... 50 points of damage!
A large patch of flesh is seared off a muscular tattooed champion's back.
... 20 points of damage!
Burst of flames to chest toasts skin nicely.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to left hand. Ouch.
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 0 sec.

>inc 519
Your spell is ready.
CS: +559 - TD: +435 + CvA: -13 + d100: +87 == +198
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a muscular tattooed champion and she bursts into flame causing 115 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a muscular tattooed champion's left arm to expand and snap. That must hurt!
... 40 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes a muscular tattooed champion's right arm to expand and snap. That must hurt!
The champion's military pick falls to the ground.
... 20 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left arm burns skin bright red.
... 5 points of damage!
Minor burns to left leg. That hurts a bit.
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

R>inc 519
Your spell is ready.
CS: +559 - TD: +435 + CvA: -13 + d100: +17 == +128
Warding failed!
Small flames of yellow and orange hues begin to lick at a muscular tattooed champion. Before long, the flames grow more violent, reaching hungrily up her body. She falls to the floor and the flames engulf her. Black smoke rises in tendrils from the large blaze around a muscular tattooed champion as she burns.
With an ear-piercing cry of agony, the tattooed champion dies.
Earthen elemental energy energizes you.
Cast Roundtime 1 Second.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 05:02 PM CDT

Come on now, aren't you having fun? :P Obviously they want all wizard builds to be war mages for duskruin.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 05:11 PM CDT
>Come on now, aren't you having fun? :P Obviously they want all wizard builds to be war mages for duskruin.

Nope, it's the opposite of fun, and certainly isn't inspiring me to keep my account open after this month finishes. Why would I, when the wizard is useless?

Meanwhile, 1115 completely decimates everything usually in a single shot even without 240.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/23/2016 06:36 PM CDT

Close your account (or all) then. It's what a number of us did as its the only recourse we have to demonstrate to management that their development strategy as currently implemented for capped wizards (or in this case, special events) is not ideal. The only reason why Simu has been able to continue to develop in this manner is because people are addicted to their product and the idea of going without results in a visceral response. The consumer really is to blame because they, like the crack addict, will do anything to get their fix.
Re: Immolation (519) 04/24/2016 02:51 AM CDT
It's not my wish to see this game fail, but at this point I think what's likely to make it fail in the long run is development like this. So, if you're feeling fed up enough, I wouldn't dissuade you from making that choice. You're clearly someone who pumps thousands of dollars into Simutronics' coffers between subscription fees and events like Duskruin. Even that by itself might not be enough to register with them, but perhaps there's a chance that they'll begin to recognize that we have legitimate concerns that need to be addressed.

~Taverkin
Re: Immolation (519) 04/24/2016 08:53 AM CDT
>but perhaps there's a chance that they'll begin to recognize that we have legitimate concerns that need to be addressed.

Sometimes I feel like getting the government to realize they have a spending problem would be an easier task.

~ Methais