Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 8
Re: Fire sale at Vegas' once-iconic Sahara draws crowd 06/18/2011 01:20 AM CDT
Sad to read about, but the Sahara before it closed was becoming a real mess. :)
Re: Fire sale at Vegas' once-iconic Sahara draws crowd 06/18/2011 09:54 PM CDT
>>Oh the memories...

>>- Illcram

Indeed.

::clinks his beer glass with Illcram's::

~player of Gulphphunger
Vegas 11/11/2002 02:47 PM CST
Well I have just signed up for Vegascon, and I will probably end up going there a bit early. I know some people have posted about rock climbing/sky diving etc... My question is this:

Anyone have any interest in playing paintball?

Motley, player of Starkad
Re: Vegas 11/11/2002 03:07 PM CST
If you play paintball at one of the indoor places it sucks since the pellets don't move as fast so it doesn't leave big ole welts, now if you wanted to play outdoors, toss on the camo, freeze the pellets then I might come to vegas just to do that. <snickers>

Arctuniol
Re: Vegas 11/11/2002 11:04 PM CST
>Anyone have any interest in playing paintball?

>Motley, player of Starkad

I just told Krin about this post. He snickered and said " I'll light him up."

~Taff, trouble maker and general stirrer upper
Re: Vegas 11/11/2002 11:06 PM CST
Doh!

Note to self: never think out loud when the wife is listening and you may be saying something you can be blackmailed with later ...

~~~Krin
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 07:59 AM CST
<<I just told Krin about this post. He snickered and said " I'll light him up."~Taff, trouble maker and general stirrer upper >>

See, I am going to swell the ranks of vegascon goers with the temptation of being able to shoot me.

I know Bubba does something similiar to paintball(like paintball 2.0) so there should be some interest in a possible paintball tournament.

Motley
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 08:11 AM CST
I played with an ancient Spider for ages, then it completely fell apart one day at the fields. I got an autococker to replace it and promptly had it get backed over at the field by an anonymous opponent. I haven't played since. I'm just glad I didn't spring for the Angel LCD as I had been considering.

-Gheist
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 08:17 AM CST
<<I played with an ancient Spider for ages, then it completely fell apart one day at the fields. I got an autococker to replace it and promptly had it get backed over at the field by an anonymous opponent. I haven't played since. I'm just glad I didn't spring for the Angel LCD as I had been considering.-Gheist >>

In the past 4 years, I have played once and that was almost two years ago. I played a lot while in Dallas and Kansas City. I have a spider and an autococker, but I will not even bother trying to ship them/fly them to Vegas, as they will need an overhaul after being in storage for 2 years.

Anyway I thought paintball can be a group activity that is both fun and competitive.

Motley
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 11:43 AM CST
Only gun I actually owned myself was a PMI Pirhana. Nice little paint gun, manually pump-loaded pistol that ran on the 12g cylinders you buy for air rifles at Wal mart. Friend said he saw a conversion kit for it to switch it to CA so I could just strap on a 20-oz tank with butt plate and make a rifle out of it, but never got it.

The coolest thing about it was if the timing was right you could double-pump it without breaking and shoot (dual-load! huzzah!). Was totally cool to watch the balls fly tandem for about 30 feet then split at about a 15 degree angle. Wasn't predictable or controllable but when it hit it was awesome to watch.

But God help you if it breaks one of the paintballs, because the Pirhana can be a PAIN to field-strip. once you get the assembly apart, it's easy, just a straight tube you can dunk and run through with a squeegee. But that end assembly is a mother to get off. So I usually just went with whatever the field was renting, usually worked well enough. Especially since most fields I played at seemed to have a thing for Tippman Pro/Am's, heh.

Anyone else notice that about a year or two ago they started selling Stingrays at Wal Mart? Comes in a complete package with mask and loader. Seems like they tried to go mainstream once Daisy bought em out.

~~~Krin
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 01:18 PM CST
Paintball? Hmm. I may have to consider that. I think Fyriestorme's player would probably be up for it, too.

Worst Paintball Experience Ever: I thought I was being all tricky setting up an ambush against the other team. I had myself half-buried under the leaves. There was a guy 10 yards back "covering me." Well, Mr. Cover decided to go on a stroll, unbeknownst to me. The next thing I know, a twig snapped behind me and it was all over. My back was covered with welts for over a week.

That was so fun. I don't try to be tricky anymore. :P

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 04:16 PM CST
i might be interested in some paintball, let me know if you get it together starkad, anyway, we gotta do some more drinking and hit another one of those clubs this year, more than one maybe hehehhe

Realmswalker
Re: Vegas 11/12/2002 11:08 PM CST
<< I know Bubba does something similiar to paintball(like paintball 2.0) so there should be some interest in a possible paintball tournament.

Last posts I saw on that said he and some of the other Simu-types were in an Airsoft league.

Glenlivet
Re: Vegas 11/13/2002 08:26 AM CST
I know I"m not up for being the target in a paintball frenzy with league players.

I am up for drinking some vodka.

Someone bring the hypnotist tape so I can laugh again.

Gypsy T
Reminder about VegasCon registrations 12/02/2002 04:17 PM CST
Yes just a friendly reminder to those of you who are thinking about signing up to head out to the VegasCon 2003 (but haven't signed up yet) that the first deadline will be coming up soon...December 15th. Which is $31 registration cost before that date. Between December 16th and January 15th, it is $41.

More information is available on website. If you have flash disabled or is flash-challenged, then it is http://home.webkorner.com/cerri/vegascon/index.html. Or go to Vegascon.com, where it directs you to the same link or url mentioned already.

I know that "Yutopar" has alot going on already but contact him if you have questions not covered by the website or if you need to make payment arrangements to him other than by credit card (Simu billing). Email Yutopar -> DocWMB@aol.com

(I figured since he already posted his email here once already, he won't mind that I do it too...::::duck:::)

'Lint
VegasCon reminder #2 12/09/2002 01:25 AM CST
In addition to the above note, regarding the cut-off for "early" Pre-registration, (wait and it'll cost you $10) make sure you've got your room reserved at the Sahara for only $49/$69/$69. Call the Toll-free Reservations line at (888) 696-2121 to make your reservations. Let them know that you're with the "DragonRealms Group" to receive the block-rate pricing.

And yeah, anyone with questions can email me.

Yutopar (DocWMB@aol.com)
Re: Vegas 12/20/2002 05:19 PM CST
Hello all,

I just wanted to say that the same RL stuff that has kept me from DR for the past few months will also be keeping me from Vegas this year. So don't plan on watching my copy of The Two Towers. Hee.

Hope you all have fun. I'm really sorry I'm going to miss it.

Have Soim drink something blue for me, okay?

Regards,
Blacklark
Re: Vegas 12/28/2002 04:32 PM CST
Unless you can ship the "Two Towers" tape to me, Blacklark, we'll just have to make do with last year's tape of Dr. Naughty!

Yutopar
Re: Vegas 12/31/2002 07:36 PM CST
Boooo, You have to come Blacklark, you are one of the few WM's I can stand. (runs)
Vegascon welcome dinner 01/01/2003 05:26 PM CST
Hey everyone,
Sorry I have been silent of late, too much going on I guess over the holidays. I have been in contact with the Nascar cafe regarding the welcome dinner on Thursday night. They have givin us some menu choices and a few look really good,

they have also offered us a pass for unlimited Nascar attractions for 15.95.
Dinner with tax and tip will run us around 15.00 so for dinner and unlimited pass would be $30.00. Now for my questions. Who would be interested in the unlimited pass for the Nascar attractions? Do we even have interest? I for one
had a blast in their virtual Nascar race. (and yes it WAS me going the WRONG way!). This is a great venue for us, it is right downstairs in our own hotel. They are putting us in the bar and we even have a microphone and stage for announcements or whatever evil things I can come up with....Just asking for a little feed back. I will get back to you all with menu options after I iron out the details.
Hugs
Joni/Trul
Re: Vegascon welcome dinner 01/01/2003 05:59 PM CST
I'd go for the unlimited pass, especially if it included a ride on that roller coaster they got. But the virtual race machine sounds cool enough.

~~~Krin
Vegascon 02/09/2003 08:56 PM CST
Just got back... sooooo tired! I just had to pop in here and say what a wonderful time I had meeting so many people and just listening to all the new things, stories, etc..

Thank you for a wonderful time.. wish I had gotten a chance to say "bye" to a few more people before that red-eye flight today..

:hugs:

Wavie

P.S.
Getting shot by my crossbow does not mean you have consent.. blame Krinahd.. he raffled it off ;)
Re: Vegascon 02/10/2003 03:37 PM CST
Another awesome Vegascon. Miss you all already. Can't wait to see you again at Simu in June. Vegas just isn't the same without several hundred totally cool people invading it. ;)

Sulrin

ps. Thanks to all that helped put it together and keep it running, especially Yutopar (and family) and Trul!!!! You guys are awesome!!!
Re: Vegascon 02/10/2003 03:58 PM CST
>>ps. Thanks to all that helped put it together and keep it running, especially Yutopar (and family) and Trul!!!! You guys are awesome!!!

I couldn't agree more. I had a blast!

Some of you noted that on my name tage I had written in "Doc made me do it." Well the answer to what it is he made me do... is have a great time in Vegas... again! Thank you Doc!

Also... Pics and quotes will be going up soon. If you don't want your pic, name, and/or quote on my website you need to let me know. All requests for privacy will be respected. Just drop a line to my play.net address.

~Taffei, the ummm... colorful olvi :)
Re: Vegascon 02/10/2003 06:21 PM CST
Well Solomon, as promised here is my post!

First off to all the people that I and my wife were able to meet at Vegascon. . .THANK YOU for making us welcome and allowing us the GREAT Time we had!!!!

This was the first convention of this type that we have ever attended and I gotta say I was blown away by the commoraderie that was immediately apparent the second we walked into the regestration. If asked if we plan on attending any other conventions the answer is ABSOLUTELY! My only regret is that we are going to be moving the exact same days of SIMUCON and will not be able to attend this year, but have already made plans for both vegascon and simucon of next year.

To any players out there that have ever wondered if it would be worth it to attend one of these conventions . . .If there is any way humanly possible for you to attend, I have to say it is a MUST to go. Not only because it is neat to actually get to meet the people you interact with almost daily, but also because of the massive amounts of information that you are able to gain just from hanging around and listening. When I got in last night I logged onto the message boards and began to read the posts that I have missed since being gone. . .I could not believe how many posts I saw complaining over this or that and knowing that had they been at the con alot of their fears would have been relieved. If they didn't go to the convention then I would ask them to do two things, First, if they could just sit back and relax and wait for the proposed change to occur before making any kind of statement about it, and secondly to wait for said change to be tweeked until the people making the change are happy with it, there are alotta people out there that would look alot less foolish. One thing I can tell you that came across clear as a bell, is that the GM's that I met and spoke with all have a deep love for this game. When they make a decision about it, you can be sure that whatever changes that are made are done so with the good of the realms first and foremost on their minds PERIOD! Folks these guys love this game every bit as much as you or I think we do. I mean they all play as well so when certain things affect us, know that the powers that be also are affected and want whatever is going wrong fixed. . .yesterday. Sometimes those fixes are not as simple as you or I might think As an example, Solomon brought up the kill counter challenge. Before attending this con, I was like everyone else, as in why can't you take that line of code that says 2 or 3 or whatever the number is and just increase it to like 6 or 8 . . .guess what They did do that and promptly crashed their dev server. I daily have to read through posts about how bad the fog is, and when is it going to be corrected and so forth. . .trust me when I say they are doing huge things to make sure that the fog is not on their end. We were basically told that they are making a brand new GAME ENGINE, not to mention hardware upgrades. . .those of you trying to figure out how much simu makes off this game, and how they are hoarding it all to themselves, and are convinced they are running the realms on an old trs-80 system. . .please wait for a year and then if you still feel this way, voice yer complaints then, I can't tell you enough how apparent it was, how much these people love this game to the point my wife (who doesn't play and has never been interested in any type of video or RPG)commented to me that, "I never thought I would meet people that love that game more than you do, but it is clear that every one of these people love it just as much if not more especially those GM clan people!"

Sorry for the length of this post but just felt compelled to put the words to paper, so thanks again to Yutopar and all those that helped pull this con off this year for a truly wonderful time. To all my and Angie's New friends we made ello and we trust your travels home were without adventure and safe.

Parran~
Re: Vegascon 02/11/2003 07:50 PM CST
Bubba if you read this, email me at my play.net.

I have a photo i want to send to you and don't know your exact name.

Liye
Player of HX

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
Douglas Adams.
Re: Vegascon 02/11/2003 07:59 PM CST
It was awesome to meet those I didn't get to at Simucon and see people I had met again. Its still so amazing to see such a diverse group whom may not always get along in game or on the boards and have a great time together.

Everything was wonderful, and I had a great time during a time I needed it most. One thing for sure is..I'll never look at Twister the same way again.

Flura/Gwen

"Some people are so sensitive they feel snubbed if an epidemic overlooks them."
-Kin Hubbard-
Re: Vegascon 02/11/2003 08:56 PM CST
I too would like to extend my thanks to everyone who set things up. Also, I appologize that I wasn't at clean-up on Sunday. I wasn't exactly in great shape. Saturday night was pretty insane. Even the parts I remember. It was all great fun this year.

-Gheist
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 12:44 PM CST
Leave it to Flura to walk out with a half dozen stuffed aminals<grins>

Canten
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 12:59 PM CST
I ended up losing Squeakie, yet again. My cat has decided to take on a mama role with the poor little rat and carries it everywhere.

I tried to take it away, but she got particularly nasty about it..

F.
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 02:37 PM CST
Wow, He gave up Squeakie?

You must have had to surgically remove it from his hand ::grins::

Had a great time at my first con, but had to leave Saturday night because of my unit getting activated. I should still be able to access everything so I won't be too far away from the game, take care everyone, I'll see you next year at vegas AND Simu if I be lucky!

Genneron, the drunken Gambler
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 02:43 PM CST
<<but had to leave Saturday night because of my unit getting activated. >>

The things I could say in response to this...

::covers mouth::

Solomon

Vote for DragonRealms as the #1 MUD every day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=drealms
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 04:41 PM CST
Well..his wife -did- show up.. ;)

F.
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 08:03 PM CST
>>Getting shot by my crossbow does not mean you have consent.. blame Krinahd.. he raffled it off ;)

I blame the one who couldnt keep her hands on it and kept letting others shoot it at me. :P

Speaking of which, I still think I have consent ten times over just because a couple of those shots were obviously intended to attempt to cause my kilt to fly up. <flail>

~~~Krin
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 08:06 PM CST
>>Genneron>>but had to leave Saturday night because of my unit getting activated.

>>Bubba>>The things I could say in response to this... ::covers mouth::

<snicker>

And yet you have the GALL to act all surprised when everyone started snickering at the Ranger meeting following your comment about a demand for beaver-hide goods in Elanthia ...

~~~Krin
"it's good to be Bubba"
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 10:19 PM CST
Thank god I wasn't there this year. Sheesh with all that talk I most definately would have been in trouble again.

Arctuniol

"In an open world, Who needs windows or gates?"
Re: Vegascon 02/12/2003 11:29 PM CST
I really enjoyed meeting people while I was there, it was pretty cool to meet the minds behind the players. Had a great time.

~/\/\eanne~

P.S. -- Briga, I know what you did last VegasCon :oO
VegasCon 2004 discussions underway. 02/27/2003 04:32 PM CST
Hey everyone!

We're currently having a rousing discussion of when, where and how we're gonna do VegasCon 2004. Want to enter in on the discussion? Just head to the DR-VegasCon Yahoo group and post your thoughts.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DR-VegasCon/

Having problems getting to that site? If you post here, it'll be read and hopefully taken back to that discussion.

Yutopar (DocWMB@aol.com)
Vegas/west coast con 08/14/2003 08:08 PM CDT
Just a idea but it would nice to see the secondary con known as Vegas con actually moved up and down the coast on alternate years.One year north towards seattle,next year down towards vegas.Heck even take it as far north as vacouver/Great exchange for ya cash and see the city where the 2010 olympics will be.Been there a couple times and is sure a nice city.Would be a nice change and balance out travel costs between north and southern players.Thus the logic all people of democracy that every deserves equal treatment.

Re: Vegas/west coast con 08/14/2003 08:59 PM CDT
Seattle-Con... drool

I love the Pacific Northwest.

--Ellerina

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-- Walt Disney
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4 5 8