1 5 6 7 9 Next Next_page
Re: TM with zappers 04/24/2008 07:53 AM CDT
>>In the grand scheme of things, being able to fully target a single-shot spell doesn't outweigh the snap-cast imbalance. A single huge hit simply doesn't teach as much as several smaller hits within the same time frame.<<

Yep. Go-go DR experience model.

- Mazrian
Re: TM with zappers 04/24/2008 11:26 AM CDT
>1) Pulse spells that can be targeted don't benefit from the target verb.

Aside from instant full prep you mean?
Re: TM with zappers 04/24/2008 06:44 PM CDT
>>Aside from instant full prep you mean?

Yet another bug we'd like to fix. Unfortunately the magic system is so complex and the bug is so well-established that it will take some major work to repair it -- and it may end up killing the patient. The balance of fixing this issue is heavily skewed in favor of cost over benefit, one of the big reasons why it has been let be over the years.

- GM Wythor

What goes up
is futile --
unless it goes out
Re: TM with zappers 04/25/2008 08:26 AM CDT
>>Aside from instant full prep you mean?

With accuracy penalty.

- Mazrian
Leveling TM 04/29/2008 08:16 PM CDT
I am currently 30th circle and I have been away from the game for a long time.

I am having some trouble leveling my TM. It is currently 120 and I have no idea what the easiest way to level it is or what to hunt.

I am having a similar problem with my Heavy Edge training which is currently 90.

Is there somewhere I can go and find this info rather than asking noobish questions on the boards?
Re: Leveling TM 04/29/2008 09:30 PM CDT
There's nothing noobish about that question.

Check out the what-to-hunt guide at www.drplat.com. It's based on Amagaim's original work, and is amazingly detailed.

If you don't mind traveling, I think you might find Ratha to be a good place: Between the sand sprites, the swains, and the silver leucros you should be just about covered. You'll want to let people know where you are, though: The critters can get swarmy.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Leveling TM 04/30/2008 02:02 AM CDT
More a defenses and weapons suggestion but id recommend heading to creepers/vines up in Theren. Amazing multi and they are still locking my weapons and defenses easily at 110.

Id recommend that you tingle the marauders that come through though.

The creepers/vines teach till about 130 ranks and the marauders to about 160. I do find TM is pretty slow learning up there but thats as im nearing their top teaching caps in that skill. This might also be an issue for you.
Re: Leveling TM 05/01/2008 09:51 AM CDT
Vines and Creeps are tought for TM as there is only one room with even remotely decent mana let alone good mana. However certainly good for your skill range. Duskies with maces are good near Haven. On ratha as Ryeka said. Down in Illith you can try Gargoyles, Supper rockies or Steeds altho the Steeds get swarmy and probably better for when you get over 100 in weapons/defences. Nothing really a good option around immadiate crossing unles you using a shield and got near 100 ranks in it than you can try Young Oges out west. Fire Sprites/Maidens and Young Fire Cats near Gate of Souls by Dirge alos within that range. Or Crocs for that matter just a tad north of there.

TM is easy to lock if you snap cast. Meaning prep whatever spell you using for TM dont bother targeting with it just prep spell X cast X criter chest, repeat over and over and over. Dont bother to Target or wait for full spell prep message as fast as you can cast it without the backfiering at min prep. Will move your TM real nice like. Gar Zang for it's multi hit abilities is best for TM till you got enough PM/Harness to do CL. AEL is also good for the prep min/cast creature chest rep I went that route till I had CL.
TM in Griffs 06/30/2008 04:36 PM CDT
So I play a bard backtraining TM and was wondering if any of you can recall when you were able to start hitting young gryphons with magic. If it helps, I'm using Strange arrow with 153 TM and 50 agility, and doing okay on frostweyr bears for the time being, but I have a feeling they'll cap out soon. I'm willing to fully target.

Aveda's Field Guide- http://dr.aveda.googlepages.com
Re: TM in Griffs 06/30/2008 04:47 PM CDT
As a cleric with roughly 200 in TM and 30 in reflexes and agility, I can sometimes- Not always- hit young gryphons with HoT or AE. Since your stats are so much better than mine, you MIGHT have a fighting chance of taking the critters now.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: TM in Griffs 07/14/2008 08:48 PM CDT
I don't know if this helps...I have a hard time figuring out critters...there's no standard skill range for any of them.

I'm nearing 300 TM and they're REALLY slowing down for me. I'm going to have to move soon. They probably cap around 310-330.

As far as hitting them goes...when you're training against Lang's shield bearing trolls (for TM) cause the fen's don't teach...then's the time to move.

I found that I couldn't train my weapon effectively against fens as I neared the optimum for TM against shield bearing trolls (without tingle).

It's the difference between good training and good script training.

Hope that helps.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: TM in Griffs 07/16/2008 01:08 PM CDT
You could move to Adan'f if you want to stay in Shard. They don't swarm as much as gyphons but there is never a shortage of the.

~ Mordimer
Re: TM in Griffs 07/16/2008 04:58 PM CDT
An update: at 179 ranks in TM (50 agility), I'm able to hit gryphons with full aims, but I'm not landing good hits yet.

Re: TM in Griffs 07/16/2008 06:05 PM CDT
Did you up your prep? Or harness extra?

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: TM in Griffs 07/16/2008 06:27 PM CDT
I've been doing 7 prep, harness 7 thrice... so 28. Maybe that's the problem.

Re: TM in Griffs 07/16/2008 08:41 PM CDT
50 agility? Wow...I need to pick up some more TDP ranks.

34 agility for big Red.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 12:26 AM CDT
<<at 179 ranks in TM (50 agility)

Discipline is probably the more relevant stat here.

-Sephos
Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 04:41 AM CDT
>>Discipline is probably the more relevant stat here.

Sephos would be correct.

Discipline is the more relevant stat here.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 06:17 AM CDT
57 discipline, in that case.

Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 12:27 PM CDT
>>57 discipline, in that case.

holy CRAP!

What circle are you?

Red'

Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 01:23 PM CDT
I assume the character SHYGOAT is referring to is a bard who is backtraining their TM. Higher stats are to be expected.

-Sephos
Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 02:12 PM CDT
>I assume the character SHYGOAT is referring to is a bard who is backtraining their TM.

Indeed, just trying to get Aveda's TM up there for when Breath of Storms comes out (she's 103, Redeth). I can't wait to blow stuff up with music.

Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 03:09 PM CDT
Ah...ok, I thought you were like 60 and just stepping into gryph's the first time.

I almost bought some LP gauntlets for TDP ranks.

Red'

Re: TM in Griffs 07/17/2008 03:10 PM CDT
Love the swim script by the by. I'm a script writing moron, so it's always nice when people throw out really great ones.

Red'

Reflexes &gt; Disc/Agil for TM training 08/21/2009 06:31 PM CDT
Are you hitting your target?
Are you doing damage?

Disc/Agil are not going to drastically improve your TM training.

They are going to improve your learning even less, by less I mean almost nothing, if you are killing your targets in 3 or less hits.

Reflex will help your TM training by letting you move up the creature ladder faster. Hitting harder creatures teaches better than hitting creatures harder. Also, it will give you some space to skip through creatures that gen poorly, which will also teach horribly.

In the past month I have been open rolled 1 time and hit myself with FR about 60 times. Other than that, I haven't needed healing. TM, HE, ME, Brawling, HP, LP, Evasion, Shield, Parry, MO are all locked non stop. While a big chunk of this comes from the way experience rewards for creatures span a much larger range at higher levels, keeping reflex high has kept me in good shape throughout leveling (though I didn't get it significantly higher until the level of sand sprites).

I usually only put points into other stats after I have to stance down evasion in order to learn shield or parry. Keep in mind, these things still teach me evasion. IE, in caracals I had to stance down evasion to 65% in order to train shield and parry, all of which were pretty close to evasion (parry was slightly higher than evasion).
Changing target of TM spell? 12/30/2009 11:00 AM CST
I was training TM earlier when another critter entered and I targeted it by mistake. So I tried to switch back to the one that was already half dead to finish it off:

>tar fend
>You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a fendryad.

>tar second fend
>Your target pattern is already formed on a fendryad.

>tar stop
>I could not find what you were referring to

I'm fairly certain that War Mages used to be able to change targets mid prep. Did that ability get taken away or have I just forgotten the command (likely)?

~ Asclepto

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
Re: Changing target of TM spell? 12/30/2009 11:02 AM CST
Asclepto,

You have to "release target" before you can re-target.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: Changing target of TM spell? 12/30/2009 01:02 PM CST
Of course! Much thanks.

~ Asclepto

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
Re: Changing target of TM spell? 12/30/2009 05:31 PM CST
You will only automatically release your target if your current subject is dead (and has not yet decayed/respawned- which typically breaks your prep).

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
1 5 6 7 9 Next Next_page