Prev_page Previous 1 3 4
Aint gonna be any left 06/28/2006 11:07 PM CDT
other guilds getting hundreds at a time aint gonna be any ideas left for us, widowmaker was one of the main ones i was hopin for that i saw suggested but now i see barbs with it :(

If you ask me too many guild only titles now the general ones are way behind, the entire point of skill based is gone if every guild has 300 titles and only 200 possible all guild ones
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 12:30 AM CDT
I think it's funny how you can be a "Thief" from the criminal set before you can be a "Thief" from the professional set. I still think there are too few titles for people who are professional box poppers also. Whether they are thief only or under the general title set doesn't matter that much, there just need to be more. I think there are around six titles if you count "Safe Cracker."

Here are some suggestions for those:

Public Menace
Public Safety Hazard
Trap-Blower
Box-Popper
Box-Poppin' Fool
Box-Poppin' Fiend
Super Duper Box-Popper Extrodinaire
Pick-Destroyer
Pick-Mender
Lockpick Craftsman
Master Lockpick Craftsman
Trap-Tamer
Box-Tamer
A Lockpick's Best Friend
A Trap's Worst Enemy
A Box's Greatest Fear

I could probably go on for a while, but there really do need to be more of these types of titles because not everyone wants to be an assassin/crook.

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 12:33 AM CDT
we dont technically have a gm tho we aint gonna get titles prolly, i dont think any guild should have 300 but im also kinda mad they got widowmaker over us when we suggested it too and have way less. I think by the time we get a gm tho there will be no good titles left except stealth versions of other guilds like shadow savage and nonsense
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 01:07 AM CDT
Pillager
At least 500 in Highest Weapon
At least 370 in Highest Armor
At least 75 in Stealing

Raider
At least 275 in Highest Weapon
At least 200 in Highest Armor
At least 50 in Stealing

Anyone else notice the glaring difference in reqs here? How come these two have such ridiculously low stealing requirements in comparison to the other reqs? The only people who wouldn't be qualified for this by the time they have the neccessary weapon and armor reqs would be pallies...

Well, you have a point Valcer, if things don't turn around soon, we're going to be exactly like the warmies with their titles... o_O;;

Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 01:11 AM CDT
>>Anyone else notice the glaring difference in reqs here? How come these two have such ridiculously low stealing requirements in comparison to the other reqs? The only people who wouldn't be qualified for this by the time they have the neccessary weapon and armor reqs would be pallies...

They're converted barbarian titles so they were combat oriented over theft oriented and were then converted to skill and not guild.

I don't meet the stealing requirements either since Navak doesn't steal and stealing hasn't been teachable for a long time now.

I am --- Navak
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 07:15 AM CDT
Is Widowmaker a title that can be taken by thieves pretending to be barbarians?
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 01:44 PM CDT
prolly but you would need a ton of stuff since we need more then them to get same title, i still wish weapon counted as weapon if you had the weapon. Kinda silly if i have 400 weapon i can only get 200 weapon titles cause my BS is lower and it has to be 125%

Im just wondering the point to skill based titles if every guild is gonna fight for hundreds of new ones and no new general ones. the reason pillager was made for everyone is cause thats the point of skill based titles.Each guild was sposed to keep a few not 90%

Also assassian shouldnt need any more stealing then a pillager
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 02:04 PM CDT
>>Is Widowmaker a title that can be taken by thieves pretending to be barbarians?

>>Barbarian Pretend Titles substitute 125% Backstab Skill for the Weapon requirement and 125% Weapon Skill for the Armor requirement. Charisma is substituted for Dance and Berserk related abilities.

I don't know what Widowmaker is based on but I don't believe there are any barb titles which cannot be faked by a thief unless this batch added some.

It takes like 30 charisma to get the Dragon Dance title.

I'm guessing that charisma will be used for roar requirements unless people have found that they don't have any of the roar titles.

I am --- Navak
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 04:04 PM CDT
They no longer have Nightmare. They have nightmare beserker instead or something. I'm happy about that as a survival prime. No more 15th circle barbarians wandering around with one of the best stealth titles.

~ Tender Infiltrator Purehand Woundedlife, Co-Pay Enforcer of Elanthia.
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 04:42 PM CDT
Thieves have the most title choices IG period. General and then some but no one is ever really happy. The way i understand pretend titles to work is a good way for them to work.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 05:29 PM CDT
>>Thieves have the most title choices IG period. General and then some but no one is ever really happy. The way i understand pretend titles to work is a good way for them to work.<<

That's not entirely true. The title system is still in transition. Once it goes back the way it will... we'll have the same amount of titles as any other guild... except, none of them will be our own.

It's not at all about the number of titles.

Besides... if I choose moon mage, I still can't choose astrology titles. Or if I choose war mage, I can't get some magic titles. So... we technically don't even have all the titles of the guild we choose.

But anyways, if you feel that way. Good on you.

-Wighten
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 06:04 PM CDT
There's also the scaling issue on higher titles, and the group req titles. If it you need 600 ranks of magic skills, a thief would need those 600 ranks. And whatever they were substituting for primary/targeted or whatever, doesn't count.

I think some of of the criminal or survival titles may have a backstab req, those could be considered thief titles I guess.
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 06:12 PM CDT
i want the titles that come out after there aren't any left. it's when they get good/original
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 06:13 PM CDT
>>I think some of of the criminal or survival titles may have a backstab req, those could be considered thief titles I guess. <<

I usually count those. There are under 10 I think. Something like 7?

Personally... it seems so backwards that they give us Journyman Thief to wear blatantly, but then, we can't have 'real' guild titles cuz they'd out us.

-Wighten
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 06:33 PM CDT
Oh, I wasn't meaning that there was an adequate selection, or even more then you have fingers. Just that theres apparently nothing wrong with having thief only titles.

Thieves could definately use more titles. Also, fake guild post titles would be good too.
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 09:14 PM CDT
Nightmare -> Fright.

I believe I saw some thieves with roar titles too so I'm fairly sure there still aren't any barb titles that a thief can't fake which I think is a good thing.

I am --- Navak
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 09:50 PM CDT
heres the barb ones i can get with 32 charisma

not sure which ones use charisma

Initiate Barbarian, Apprentice Barbarian, Journeyman Barbarian, Barbarian, Expert Barbarian, Master Barbarian, Grand Master Barbarian, Beast, Brute, Savage, Berserker, Marauder, War Hawk, Wildman, Rune Crusher, Wand Breaker, Spell Shunt, Commando, Bully, Goon, War Pup, War Dog, Bloodbeast, Stone Warrior, Fright, Bloodboiler, Deathwind, Strong Arm, Browbeater, Menace, Ally, Motivator, Inspirer, Battle Grace, Combatant, Battle Eye, Tenacious, Oaken, Aggressor, Avenger, Wolverine, Boar, Centaur, Furious, Deadly, Grim, Heartbreaker, Magic Bane, Cannon Fodder, Battler, Sapper, Conscript, War Painter, Asphyxiator, Neck Snapper
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 10:31 PM CDT
there's not too many there that i have that you don't, maybe charisma is the difference. i have 34 charisma.

valkyrie is female only
kirm sathranit for barbs is 260 weapon/190 armor for barb, 325 backstab, 237 armor for thief i believe.

that leaves death wind, intimidator, and mage bane.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/29/2006 11:49 PM CDT
I still want box-popping titles!!! <shakes fist>

Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 12:31 AM CDT
well barb titles aint my strong point cause they dont use my weapon only my bs which aint great
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 01:18 AM CDT
Ally, Motivator, Inspirer -> titles for having 1, 2, and 3 battle cries

Bloodbeast, Stone Warrior, Fright, Bloodboiler, Deathwind -> Berserks up through 35th circle

Wolverine, Boar, Centaur, Furious, Deadly, Grim, Heartbreaker, Magic Bane -> roar

So, 11 roars I think if I'm right and haven't repeated something. 115th circle equivalent.

So I think roars are setup similar to dances/berserks. They did post that there are now multiple titles for roars/berserks. Like a base title which just requires the berserk/dance/roar and additional titles which have extra requirements on top of that. Not sure if that means charisma + extra stuff or just extra charisma. I think probably charisma + skills.

I am --- Navak
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 01:43 AM CDT
wish theyd post the reqs way too much guess work on charisma titles and such, paladin ones tell ya exactly how much but thief ones to replace dances roars and spells are all just guess work :(
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 02:32 AM CDT
>wish theyd post the reqs way too much guess work on charisma titles and such, paladin ones tell ya exactly how much but thief ones to replace dances roars and spells are all just guess work :(

Before the new batch of titles, the berserk titles seemed based on every fifth point in charisma, i.e. 20 for Bloodboiler, 25 for Deathwind, 30 for Ironman/Ironwoman. Dragon Fighter was 30 and Trance Warrior was 40 I believe. It was encouraging that there did seem to be a method to the madness.

>So I think roars are setup similar to dances/berserks. They did post that there are now multiple titles for roars/berserks. Like a base title which just requires the berserk/dance/roar and additional titles which have extra requirements on top of that. Not sure if that means charisma + extra stuff or just extra charisma. I think probably charisma + skills.

I'd wager that it's been adjusted to charisma + skills, like you said. This is the only explanation I can think of for why I suddenly lost Deathwind, Ironwoman, and Dragon Fighter with 30 charisma, when I had all three before the change. So now, not only are there hidden charisma reqs, but there are possibly hidden skill reqs, too? Joy.

I would also like to see some of the fake reqs posted sometime in the future. I don't think it's too much to ask for at least SOMETHING to help guide us in the right direction, especially since the old information (Dragon Fighter being 30 charisma, per Risek) is not accurate anymore. I can understand adding new titles, but taking them away after we've had them for a while? Come on. All this pointless secrecy is starting to wear me a little thin.

-Pythea-

"This is a community. It's not just a game." - Ssra
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 11:08 AM CDT
I don't think those three were supposed to change in requirements, at least nothing was posted on the barb boards.

Those would all be considered base titles, not charisma plus "other stuff" so it should be just charisma...

So, I'd say it's more likely that something got messed up.

As far as the other hidden stuff, Iayn said that would be posted later on but I don't know what kind of requirements they will have.

I am --- Navak
Re: Aint gonna be any left 06/30/2006 11:37 AM CDT
i still showing deathwind, dragon fighter, etc among my barb-pretends.

I do concur that all the requirements for all titles should be listed on the website.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/02/2006 09:12 PM CDT
Almost universally among guilds, Charisma is used in place of most guild-only skills/abilities.

That being said, for some of the high-level titles, it takes a lot of Charisma. In excess of 50. Talking about 80+ Circle titles.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/02/2006 09:27 PM CDT
I think the question was... did you change the required amount just recently?
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 01:16 AM CDT
that much charisma req is kinda dumb cause charisma is otherwise usless to us almost, yeh i know theirs a list of stuff it does but it doesnt compete with other guilds, training 50 charisma just for a title that people get from dances just from circling seems harsh
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 08:22 AM CDT
Well, I guess if you look at it from a certain angle, squint your eyes a bit, and then tilt your head slightly to the left, it sort of makes sense.

Since you would be pretending to be something that you are not, then you'd have to be a very charismatic individual in order to keep people from catching on that you don't have such-and-such abilities at all.

Do we like it being that high for a stat that we aren't very fond of? Probably not, but you have to give a little to get a little... Though I would say that 50+ charisma is a bit more than a little. o_O;;

Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 09:48 AM CDT
I didn't think anyone was forcing you at crossbow-point to get the dance titles.

I wouldn't write Charisma off as being useless though, even if it seems underutilized now.

-Z
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 11:50 AM CDT
There Z goes again, dropping hints. Anyways, I think that charisma should definitely be involved in how well you can pretend to be something else. It just makes sense, a more charismatic person would be able to fool people into believe he is something he is not. Sure, some of the higher titles have extremely stiff reqs, I might even be willing to say they are a little too high, but charisma still needs to be a part of the system.

Elusive
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 12:11 PM CDT
I only have 2 issues with the title/pretend title system.

1. lack of information. IMHO, the requirements for all titles, pretend or otherwise, should be listed on the website. No ?s. <question marks instead of numbers>.

2. the percentage system of pretend - scaling. whereas if you need 125% to gain the respective title, this works out fine at lower levels. At upper levels it gets way too extreme.

example you need 125% to get something 100 ranks for. Thats 125 ranks. Fine.

BUT... you need 1250 ranks to get something that you need 1000 ranks for. 250 ranks is a heck of a lot. yeah, its possible to get that in TF where you can sit there 24/7 and script em, but not in prime.

schvartz

Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 01:07 PM CDT
I agree with the blind requirements, lets have an accurate webpage resource that doesnt require us to guess what we need to have. The percentage of skills for pretend titles is something Im in the grey about. It works great for low levels, but is extremely difficult to work with at high levels of ranks. However, this is probably the intent and I see no way for fixing it without making the system overly complicated. Perhaps allowing charisma to reduce the percentage of proxy skills needed would alleviate the problem without giving away titles jealously guarded by the guilds too easily?

Elusive
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 01:50 PM CDT
>> I agree with the blind requirements, lets have an accurate webpage resource that doesnt require us to guess what we need to have.

When titles were first released it was said to "let people figure it out for a while before we list all the requirements." We've yet to see that, but since I'm still holding out for them to do that I haven't bothered making a database.

If they don't do it soon we should see about talking to someone with some webspace to start one. The website would have a list of every title as such:

Faceless
At least ? in Stealing
At least ? in Hiding
At least ? in Stalking

And people who had the faceless title could send in their ranks so that every time we got a new addition it could change to

Faceless
At least 334 in Stealing
At least 414 in Hiding
At least 399 in Stalking

And then someone might send in that they have more hide/stalk, but only 310 stealing and they have the title, so we drop that number to 310 and so on until we nail down all the hard numbers.

All that would be required for that would be simply knowing all the skills/stats required for each title.

-Teeklin
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 02:31 PM CDT
Hopefully youll give us stat vs stat charisma based things like barbs and all magic guilds have. Then it would be as useful as us as it is to them :P

Until then we are the least charisma using guild by far
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 02:44 PM CDT
i've always had a problem with how charisma, wisdom, and discipline has been used in DR.

to me, Charisma is ones ability to influence those outside of your own mind (charismatic leaders, sales people, con artists).

Discipline is mental strength, your ability to resist "change" you mental inertia if you please.

Intel is your speed of thought

wisdom is the size of your knowledge base.

So for how i'd set us the Will vs Will stat system it'd be heavy charisma on the offender and heavy discipline on the defender.

In DR Charisma has always had a backseat misused kinda feel as a Stat since most people stupidly say "oh charisma that means you are good looking"

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 03:00 PM CDT
>Almost universally among guilds, Charisma is used in place of most guild-only skills/abilities.

>That being said, for some of the high-level titles, it takes a lot of Charisma. In excess of 50. Talking about 80+ Circle titles.

Thank you for your response. I have no problem that the dance/berserk/roar/whatever titles have high charisma reqs. I appreciate the clarification about the higher level titles despite already having assumed this was the case.

However, this still doesn't answer my question about how I lost three titles that were circles 35, 50, and 60 equivalents respectively. Dragon Fighter was specifically posted by GM Risek as having a req of 30 charisma, and I know from training charisma from 20 to 30 that I received Deathwind at 25 and Ironwoman at 30. I specifically trained charisma to achieve some of these titles, so I'm a bit distressed (as you can probably tell) that things have changed overnight.

-Pythea-

"This is a community. It's not just a game." - Ssra
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 03:10 PM CDT
I raised charisma a couple points and noticed Crossing Empaths touch me a lot faster when I say 'can I get a heal?' than they used to.
Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/03/2006 05:39 PM CDT
yeah, they must have upped the previous charisma - berserk titles for pretend thief. my 40th thief in TF has 20 charisma and doesn't get ANY of the berserk titles listed.

Re: Aint gonna be any left 07/04/2006 08:11 PM CDT
My big complaint here is the fact that someone changed the requirements on us without telling anyone.

I dont like when GMs do that. Make a post or something. Explain yourself.

For all we know you could be changing the reqs on the titles that haven't had their reqs listed on the play.net title page.
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4