Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:28 PM CDT

will orbs charged using SimuCoin items still degrade?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:32 PM CDT
>>will orbs charged using SimuCoin items still degrade?

What do you mean? Like will new-style orbs (when they are out) degrade that are charged via the SimuCoin potions? The degrading of new-style orbs aren't connected to recharging.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:36 PM CDT
>Currently, those with the time and resources can gather up capped bonuses of preferred stats and skills across multiple sets of gear. The system has the ability to add multiple slots, but due to the minimal upkeep once the orbs are maintained, it puts us in the position to rarely offer more than 2-slot fusion arms.
>Outside outliers, this really isn't a lot of upkeep to the average player. People using 10+ fusion enhancives are not average players.

I don't recall anyone asking to have everything nerfed so that more slots can be added. I would rather have no extra slots added, further breaking and unbalancing things, than have breakage implemented with fusion orbs, which is what this is.

>Item attrition is something I am a fan of, but only when it's common and across the board. But I am not a fan of it when someone spends thousands of dollars to boost an item via an event and loses their item.

People have spent thousands of dollars to boost their fusion gear via events and Duskruin. As recently as April.

>That said, pure breakage has no place in GemStone IV anymore.

This is what this is, for fusion orbs.

>I wouldn't mind seeing breakage/repair be just upkeep to an item (nothing is ever destroyed permanently). But adding more tedium to GS is not the right direction.

These two statements are incompatible.

>The purpose of me getting this information out there is so you can make an educated decision on using fusion, which is tied up with Ebon Gate.

This is what you said last year, when you said THAT was the last shaman, and people spent tens of millions last minute converting more orbs. At that time, you said that old-style orbs wouldn't change. Having a chance to degrade into new-style if one PRIES them from armor does not make this hold true.

>This change only has an effect on fusion, not all enhancives, which is also a misunderstanding between a few emails I received. This upkeep is to a specific subset of gear. Not all gear.

If you're doing this to fusion, there's little belief that you won't continue to blanket nerf everything else.

Anyway, the point is that the lesson is learned, there is no reason to waste money on the pay event extras and gear upgrades for this game any more. It's far less aggravating to spend a minimal amount on this entertainment outlet and shift disposable income elsewhere where it doesn't take 5 years to reach a goal, only to have it demolished on a whim.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:48 PM CDT
>>Outside outliers, this really isn't a lot of upkeep to the average player. People using 10+ fusion enhancives are not average players.

If this is the case, then why is this change even being introduced? Does fusion really break the game? If so, why was it even introduced?

When this sort of massive across-the-board change happens, it not only devalues the items we've collected but also the time we've spent playing. I've been collecting fusion gear for months, and now it appears that all of that time is a little wasted.

What was my plan? To fill up a suit of 3-slot platemail with dope enhancives and pay an extra $5 every month to charge it up. I'd say that's a win-win for both Simu/Gemstone and my character.

Instead this change has me reconsidering my subscription because of all the time I feel wasted. I would rather see fusion scrapped for this and all future Ebon's Gate than the tedium proposed here. At least, that way, all the time and energy others spent collecting this stuffy would retain its value.

I'd also like to add that the option of merchants replenishing fusion items seems kind of laughable. Mage/merchant rechargeables don't even get regular attention.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:51 PM CDT

>Like will new-style orbs (when they are out) degrade that are charged via the SimuCoin potions? The degrading of new-style orbs aren't connected to recharging.

yep. just checking
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 08:58 PM CDT
Not sure what you aim to gain from your comments, Fleurs. Exposing the fact that I don't agree with breakage being the right direction for GS by directly relating it to fusion? You speak as if GS is my game and I'm the only voice that makes a decision.

I agree with fusion needing to be changed though. We didn't sell orbs at Duskruin, so I'm also confused where thousands were being spent. Unless you mean across the board between all the armor that was bought, which can still be used, mind you. The downside to fusion isn't all that severe, and it's slow. And only for new-style orbing (that isn't even out yet), which can be repaired back to it's natural state.

It's a little more upkeep with some extra bounty points to recharge (or silver when we run that). I understand you being frustrated if you burn through orbs, but that's not the reality. Because we know how often people PRY orbs. You threw out some examples like enchanting and ensorcellment, but it's not as often as you're making it out to be. Because again, we do have the ability to see these things across the game.

As for the fusion shaman being available again this year, it was more because the fusion updates didn't come sooner. If they had, then we'd probably have removed him. We still can, if that's what you're asking for. We don't have to bring him back. It's mostly a final courtesy since the plan is now announced to get whatever you want to get done. Are you saying people spent beyond their means last year to orb things they wouldn't have orbed otherwise?

Gear is always subject to change. Nothing is being ruined. It's hardly a huge nerf. With care, nothing is lost.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:01 PM CDT
>>If so, why was it even introduced?

Not sure you really want to know the answer to this one.

>>When this sort of massive across-the-board change happens, it not only devalues the items we've collected but also the time we've spent playing. I've been collecting fusion gear for months, and now it appears that all of that time is a little wasted.

Explain to me what is wasted. Orbing hasn't changed, and it's not happening yet. That's to come at some point after EG. If, for some reason, you do damage your old orbs and they become new-style, you can repair them to bring them back up.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:01 PM CDT
You have 1-3 orbs in armor, shields and the uber rare weapons. Most commonly you have 6 orbs in these three items based on 2 slot fusion. What are some examples of gear that you have that you feel is going to be degraded? If you are concerned about the quality and value then don't pry out your gems.

These seem like a lot of general "this got changed, I don't like it" responses without much detail.

I have 2 orbs in my armor for THW and CM. Beyond that I use enhancives in item slots. Since I only use 2 orbs my set is even more complex. If I could have used 4 orbs it would be simple to max stats. Hell, I think I could build dex/spell aim sets too and it wasn't a priority as the fodder items and orbs have become available at a discounted price of entry. Duskruin made enhancive drops and orbs cheaper so the entry into enhancive sets became easier, not more difficult.

The mentioned pry orbs out and have them on enhancive potions then enchant and ensorcell seems curious and a bit abusive if that is the implication and I'd agree on that change. Fusion armor shouldn't be on project armor, you might upgrade orbs from time to time as you get better ones, but those aren't being pried, just the old one you are replacing. The frustration is those gems are potentially 5% worse for resale?

Again, these complaints are general and aren't very productive so far.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:05 PM CDT
Can you give an example of what this will allow? Will there be lvl 100 requirement items now w/ +40 stat bonus or skill bonus?

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:09 PM CDT
>>Can you give an example of what this will allow? Will there be lvl 100 requirement items now w/ +40 stat bonus or skill bonus?

Changes to the enhancive system aren't happening due to fusion. So finding better enhancives would have nothing to do with or without fusion changing.

Mostly, it will allow us to offer more services for fusion. Socket adding, releasing higher socket items, and adding fusion to existing armor are all possibilities.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:11 PM CDT
>Exposing the fact that I don't agree with breakage being the right direction for GS by directly relating it to fusion? You speak as if GS is my game and I'm the only voice that makes a decision.

GS isn't your game, but why would you present your personal opinion if you know the opposite is coming very soon as a directive from the company? This is confusing to players. I recognize that you aren't the only voice that makes a decision, which is why I'm blaming this poor decision on Simu the company's greed. It is not going to achieve what it thinks it will achieve in hopes of enticing players to spend more because what they spent on is now worthless.

>You threw out some examples like enchanting and ensorcellment, but it's not as often as you're making it out to be.

So since it doesn't affect many people, that's okay then. People should be content to wait another 5 years to finish their gear, before putting in orbs that will now be unusable for the duration. I'm struggling to understand your dismissive attitude towards the effect on players. It doesn't make it sound like you understand the time and money people have wasted and should now just give up on. Constantly moving the target is not progress or positive development. I struggle to understand why this game cannot implement positive development without tearing everything down, constantly going five steps back to go one step forward. It's beyond frustrating and unenjoyable.

>Are you saying people spent beyond their means last year to orb things they wouldn't have orbed otherwise?

If people knew that old-style orbs would be changed so they have a chance to also degrade if being PRIED, yes. There is little need to spend on a range of orbs so one can upgrade as characters level up if the end product cannot be used for years anyway and will therefore just not be worth bothering to continue with the projects.

>Gear is always subject to change.

Until now, gear has not been subject to retroactive change. This is the difference. I've long thought that armor was one of few things that would never break significantly in GS, but I'm glad you've now clarified that I was foolish to think this. Of course, I once thought that about overall professions and wizards, but I was proven wrong on that too. The entire direction of the game is worrying if the goal is to tear everything down. Why don't you just create GemStone V then and leave players to enjoy what was available and fine for a decade?

>It's hardly a huge nerf.

This dismissive attitude speaks volumes about the direction of the game. Thank you for clarifying the respect that Simu has for its customers' time and money.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:12 PM CDT
What is the highest level requirement (or bonus to skill) that the treasure system can generate?

Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:14 PM CDT
>>>If so, why was it even introduced?

>Not sure you really want to know the answer to this one.

We do actually know the answer to this one as it's been articulated in the past by staff. It was created so that there would be a recurring system to attract players to pay events such as EG to use the fusion shaman. Where things started to break is where later the fusion shaman became available for free on the Firebird.

Apparently, now Simu doesn't feel that it's getting enough cash out of the system, so it has decided to break everything instead in some misguided idea that it will encourage players to spend even more money, while playing longer, to maintain and repair their gear.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:23 PM CDT
>>What is the highest level requirement (or bonus to skill) that the treasure system can generate?

https://gswiki.play.net/Enhancive_item_level_requirements

That's a good chart to reference.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:25 PM CDT
>I would rather have no extra slots added, further breaking and unbalancing things, than have breakage implemented with fusion orbs, which is what this is.

And I would rather have many slots per item and no persistence, and no way to recharge. I understand this would be death-threats-unpopular, but THAT would be implementing fusion the way enhancive bonuses were intended in the game. Maxing out something to its limit is bound to be nerfed in time, in any game. This is a time-honored truism.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:30 PM CDT
>Maxing out something to its limit is bound to be nerfed in time, in any game. This is a time-honored truism.

That's fine if you're playing a game with rapid progression and cheap replacement of gear, such as that of an unnamed snowstorm company. It seems Simu is doing its best to tell players they are foolish for actually bothering to financially support this game (see also the ill-timed Premium promo) and that money is better spent elsewhere. Good luck with the F2P replacements that Simu hopes to attract to GS. I personally am done subsidizing this direction of development to the extent I have been.

It'll be a lot less aggravating and wasteful of my entertainment dollars.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:30 PM CDT
<Maxing out something to its limit is bound to be nerfed in time, in any game. This is a time-honored truism.

Thats true only when proper balancing isn't done beforehand.

Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:32 PM CDT
>>Explain to me what is wasted.

Certainly.

>>New-style fusion will never degrade their potency when pried from fusion, but will degrade at a rate of 4% a month (real time)

This change is the root of the problem. In the old fusion state, I would always know what my bonus level was supposed to be because it didn't change (unless I pried the orb and lost a charge). Under the new system, I won't be as likely to use fusion because I'm not going to save and put effort into making an item that I continually have to upkeep. The re-charging cost alone is upkeep enough (and almost too much). Not to mention that, if fusion is really a problem, you already have this as a built-in way to control demand (i.e. just make re-charging fusion items more expensive and your problem is solved). Degrading my items over time is really just going to push me away from fusion because I don't want to spend what little game time I have worrying about the state of my enhancives.

Now, I've just told you that I will probably not use fusion because any bonus attrition seems ridiculous to me. I'm one of the players who actively bought into Duskruin so that I could get some of that 3-slot fusion platemail. That's a lot of time and effort (and real-world money) that I've invested for that mail. Not to mention a bevy of items that I'd like to orb - I've spent a good amount of silvers (which equates to time and money) to collect them. Fusion orbs have a certain value too - items that I purchased for the sole purpose of orbing and later selling will not have the same value they did a year ago.

Now, I am a little comforted to know that these changes aren't happening yet and there's still time to make a suit of platemail that will be pretty good. This change though eliminates my potential to respec to a different weapon class (unless I specifically tailor the orbs to go into this thing). There are a lot of mixed feelings that I have because I do want what's best for the game, but I also don't feel like this is a good direction to go. It's a lot of effort to get good fusion gear with marginal bonuses, not to mention the upkeep of keeping the stuff charged.

Does that help explain why I feel that my effort is wasted? I realize that it may not be happening right now, but I'm hoping that someone realizes that the bonus attrition is a ridiculous nerf. If you want people to pay you money for the service of having a little skill or stat bonus, you need to do better. You need to keep the system functional and appealing, not whatever this is.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 09:37 PM CDT

>Currently "old-style" has a chance to lose potency if pried too often, and will shatter when the bonus becomes 0. Moving forward, old-style orbs, when damaged, will become new-style orbs. This will result in the removal of the shattering chance (complete destruction of orbs). Instead pried-out orbs can be damaged. Damage chance of 5% when pried.

Can you clarify this.

Are you saying that if pried too often then can be nerfed into new style orbs? Or are you saying that 5% of the time when you pry them, even if it isn't too often and they're loose in their setting, they have a nerf chance?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 10:03 PM CDT

Questions.

1. As several people have asked, currently the risk of damage is 0 if the orb has become loose in it's depression. Are you removing this mechanic or aren't you? You haven't been explicit enough on this point. Is the 5% nerf chance always, or only if it hasn't yet become loose?

2. Will existing fusion gear be able to accept orbs of both styles, or will new gear be required to use new orbs?

3. Will you be able to use both types of orbs in a single piece of item? Suppose you have armor with 2 orbs, and you pry one and nerf it, can you put it back in that armor or are you now stuck finding new armor to even accept it, and of course your 2nd orb is unnerfed so it can't be with it's buddy anymore? Don't break up orb families Wyrom.

4. So you're working on fusion again, does this mean it will be made (both new and old) compatible with things like rotflares? On a personal note I think I could live with never prying from my stick again if you can put rotflares on it.

5. With the new way to mark items to be unextractable. Is it your intention for this to exist as a play aid, such as the MARK verb which prevents accident pawning. Or as a way to segregate treasure or store merchandise from the fusion system? As a GM do you feel hamstrung by fusion at times because you'd like to release something like a heavy glaes club with +15 strength, but you can't because you know someone will just orb it, so you invent this mark? I didn't think accidental extractions were a problem, so are we to expect to run across found/bought gear that was made to be incompatible with the shaman?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 10:06 PM CDT

One more question...

Do you think its wise to base the new style orb degradation on real time? Why not use a proxy on the existing enhancive charge depletion routine? I'm just not sure you should punish casual players.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 10:14 PM CDT

One more question....

Have you ever considered a fusion to permanent service? Ie I give you my fusion item with orbs in it, you make it a permanent enhancive with the orbs, but remove all fusion functionality. So you lose the fusion baggage, but also the chance of any future orb switching.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 10:34 PM CDT
>What was my plan? To fill up a suit of 3-slot platemail with dope enhancives and pay an extra $5 every month to charge it up. I'd say that's a win-win for both Simu/Gemstone and my character. Instead this change has me reconsidering my subscription because of all the time I feel wasted. I would rather see fusion scrapped for this and all future Ebon's Gate than the tedium proposed here. At least, that way, all the time and energy others spent collecting this stuffy would retain its value.

There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to do this in the future. Existing old-style orbs will remain intact and can still be able to be used freely. Use of the charging potion means that the BP/silver recharge cost increase would not affect you. The only thing that could potentially affect you is if you decide to change your orb set and want to pry your orb(s) out. Under the future system you could choose to either gamble and pry it out for free but risk damaging it, or pay a set silver fee to have the orb safely removed and its value preserved. If you want your old-style orbs to remain old-style, you will 100% have the option to have them remain that way, without having to worry about them degrading into the future.

Coase
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 11:02 PM CDT
>Under the future system you could choose to either gamble and pry it out for free but risk damaging it, or pay a set silver fee to have the orb safely removed and its value preserved.

The latter isn't a viable solution if it isn't automated instead of a merchant service as Wyrom posted.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 11:07 PM CDT
Sure it is. It's similar to enhancive permanence.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 11:09 PM CDT
>1. As several people have asked, currently the risk of damage is 0 if the orb has become loose in it's depression. Are you removing this mechanic or aren't you? You haven't been explicit enough on this point. Is the 5% nerf chance always, or only if it hasn't yet become loose?

The "loose in the socket" mechanic is slated for removal. Manually prying out an orb will have the chance for damage. The damage chance upon removal can be bypassed via a common merchant service.

>Will existing fusion gear be able to accept orbs of both styles, or will new gear be required to use new orbs?

Orbs can be interchangeably used. The fusion gear itself is not changing, only aspects of orbing.

>Will you be able to use both types of orbs in a single piece of item? Suppose you have armor with 2 orbs, and you pry one and nerf it, can you put it back in that armor or are you now stuck finding new armor to even accept it, and of course your 2nd orb is unnerfed so it can't be with it's buddy anymore? Don't break up orb families Wyrom.

You can mix and match orbs of any style.

>With the new way to mark items to be unextractable. Is it your intention for this to exist as a play aid, such as the MARK verb which prevents accident pawning. Or as a way to segregate treasure or store merchandise from the fusion system? As a GM do you feel hamstrung by fusion at times because you'd like to release something like a heavy glaes club with +15 strength, but you can't because you know someone will just orb it, so you invent this mark? I didn't think accidental extractions were a problem, so are we to expect to run across found/bought gear that was made to be incompatible with the shaman?

It wasn't to prevent accidental extractions, it is indeed to prevent hamstringing ourselves, as the lack of the ability to specify "no fusion" was making it hard for us to release unusual enhancive items that give interesting bonuses with drawbacks that could otherwise be easily orbed away. For instance, we released musical instruments in the past that gave a large enhancive bonus while being played, which was a drawback/limitation to an otherwise good boost. It was previously possible to play the instrument to activate the enhancive bonus, walk into the fusion locus, extract the instrument as it was being played, and wind up with a large bonus orb without any of the designed drawback. Sometimes that is ok with respect to item balance, but sometimes it is not. We don't expect to make heavy use of this on vanilla treasure system enhancives, but you could see it pop up on more exotic enhancives.

>Do you think its wise to base the new style orb degradation on real time?

We'd prefer to have a consistent base of orbs in the game to go on. If we have a big event where we release/refurbish a large batch of orbs, we can count on them all being consumed to their minimum bonus within a set timeframe at a similar rate, rather than have to worry about large amounts being lockered or otherwise unused and kept for an indeterminate length of time. If we know that batch X is reaching max degradation in 6 months, we can release batch Y at the next scheduled event much more freely. Old style orbs will continue to exist for players who'd prefer long-term stability, but we do intend to use the new-style orbs in new and different ways for events going forward. We prefer having more options for orbs, which is our main goal there.

>Have you ever considered a fusion to permanent service?

I hadn't thought about it before, no. But, I will do so now.

Coase
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 11:27 PM CDT
>The damage chance upon removal can be bypassed via a common merchant service.

No common service is common enough. Merchants for existing non-GALD services rarely show up as it is.

This game becomes exponentially less fun with every passing day.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/06/2016 11:55 PM CDT
>>4. So you're working on fusion again, does this mean it will be made (both new and old) compatible with things like rotflares? On a personal note I think I could live with never prying from my stick again if you can put rotflares on it.

The reasoning why it cannot work with RotFlares is due to the creation of that fluff actions subscript. It was coded in a way that won't allow subscripting by anything else. Is it possible to fix? Maybe. But it will require some time.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 01:21 AM CDT
Under the new style, if I have an orb that is +10 agility bonus the most it will ever degrade down to is +5 bonus correct? So once it degrades I essentially have a +5 agility bonus or i can pay to have it restored to +10. AM I understanding this right?

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 01:32 AM CDT

> Currently "old-style" has a chance to lose potency if pried too often, and will shatter when the bonus becomes 0.
Okay. Make my orbs prone to degrade into new-style. Make fusion more expensive to recharge. Not a fan, but I'll deal.

Could you at least tell us, in exact terms, the chance of an old-style orb degrading when pried? Per the "too often" qualifer, is there a period after which it is 100% safe to remove old-style orbs? What is that period?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 01:37 AM CDT

> Could you at least tell us, in exact terms, the chance of an old-style orb degrading when pried? Per the "too often" qualifer, is there a period after which it is 100% safe to remove old-style orbs? What is that period?

Whoops, I guess my brain chose not to read the sentence afterwards. 5% chance no matter how long it's been in the socket? Ouch. You gotta give us something for coming loose in the depression. Risk-free pry every 3 months? 6 months?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 01:49 AM CDT
<You gotta give us something for coming loose in the depression. Risk-free pry every 3 months? 6 months?

It will be a merchant service.

"The "loose in the socket" mechanic is slated for removal. Manually prying out an orb will have the chance for damage. The damage chance upon removal can be bypassed via a common merchant service."
~GM Coase

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Game%20Design%20Discussions/Fusion/view/281

Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 02:15 AM CDT
>>There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn't be able to do this in the future.

Thank you for clarifying, I obviously did not understand that we will be able to make old-style orbs at this event and use them in items far into the future to create an "old-style" fusion item.

By all means - go forth and nerf away.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 09:57 AM CDT
Some follow-up questions:

1. Will we see a return of the Fusion shaman on the Firebird due to this change, so we can expect to have more accessible ORBing access?

2. Will adding fusion to existing items (that don't have conflicting scripts) become a service? Or perhaps increasing the number of slots available on existing items?

3. Will you be revisiting the cost to enhance fusion equipment via PPs now that the value is deemed lower than the exorbitant costs required to upgrade your fusion equipment through PPs?

4. What kind of new ORB items can we expect to see? What is the new "flavor" alluded to that will be available with the new system?
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 10:10 AM CDT
>>1. Will we see a return of the Fusion shaman on the Firebird due to this change, so we can expect to have more accessible ORBing access?

Once the new-style orbing is implemented, the goal is to let fusion be more accessible.

>>2. Will adding fusion to existing items (that don't have conflicting scripts) become a service? Or perhaps increasing the number of slots available on existing items?

This is further out, but being more flexible with services is the goal of item upkeep/attrition.

>>3. Will you be revisiting the cost to enhance fusion equipment via PPs now that the value is deemed lower than the exorbitant costs required to upgrade your fusion equipment through PPs?

Not sure I follow this question. Are you asking if the subcharge can be revised?

>>4. What kind of new ORB items can we expect to see? What is the new "flavor" alluded to that will be available with the new system?

The flavor is the flexibility and accessibility of the system.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 10:55 AM CDT

>>Not sure I follow this question. Are you asking if the subcharge can be revised?

Yes, the current surcharge for enchanting/padding/flaring etc fusion items adds a significant cost in PPs, making them excessively hard to improve through the premium system. One consideration that could be made in this regard is to consider all fusion items as if they were "empty" because the power of the orbs will degrade - while normal enhancive armor/weapons will never degrade in power. So all fusion equipment would be treated as if the cost to recharge was 9000 regardless of whether it currently has enhancive orbs installed or not.

This would also help players who want to improve their current "tier 1" fusion gear by not forcing them to find a merchant to remove the orbs without risking damage and subsequent conversion to "tier 2".
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 11:09 AM CDT
Oh, and one more question: Will the cost to convert items into ORBs be reduced when the fusion shaman is updated to create "tier 2" ORBs? It was rather expensive the last time the shaman visited.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 11:19 AM CDT
>the goal is to let fusion be more accessible.

This is a terrible way to fix what became unbalanced, just to create further lack of balancing.

Note also that it already currently is very expensive and takes more than a few days to safely remove both orbs from a single item, so ample time is expected before the changes roll in.
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 12:34 PM CDT
>>ASHRAAM's posts.

Both are certainly something we can discuss.

Wyrom, PM
Re: The State of Fusion 10/07/2016 03:20 PM CDT
As someone returned to the game, I've yet to acquire one of these 'fusion' items. My husband and I are still on the fence about Ebon Gate, so I'm not sure if we'll ever have one. But, one thing did really did strike me and I wanted to offer my feedback.

I vehemently disagree with tying an items life span to Real Time. There are often times when I maintain my account but I'm unable to play for a few weeks (or months) at time. I find it extremely unfair as a casual (but still paying a Premium price) customer to see items or charges decay when I'm not participating in the game. It seems heavily punitive to those who have a more casual schedule.

Surely there has to be some other solution? If I pay my $39.95 a month plus the $45.00 Ebon Gate ticket, but then I don't get an opportunity to play much again until March -- I've just automatically lost 6 months of my item's uses, simply by being unavailable within the game. This entire decision leaves a rather foul taste in my mouth, and I really, really hope it's not a reflection of what's in store more down the road.

I can understand the want to 'clear out' these powerful items on a set schedule, but I still think nearly the same can be accomplished if it's tied to actual Play Time rather than Real Time (or some sort of combination between the two).