1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page
Re: Title Requirements 06/22/2007 04:50 PM CDT
I agree re: dilutions, just not quite convinced about the extra chips of ice making a huge difference.

And to keep Pom happy, how about adding more ?'s to the title reqs, or is that less?

Oderint dum metuant.
Re: Title Requirements 06/22/2007 05:13 PM CDT
>>I agree re: dilutions, just not quite convinced about the extra chips of ice making a huge difference.

Making a huge difference to who? It's like me watching those cooking competition programs on TV and going, "Geez. It's all good food. Scarf it down."

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Spiritweaving)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Title Requirements 06/22/2007 11:09 PM CDT
>Glances at the thread

>Points back at the title

Dont use ice

>Grins and dives back into the chaos

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Title 08/05/2008 03:57 PM CDT
Ex-Convict: Requires time spent in jail, and released after serving out a sentence.
Re: Title 08/05/2008 09:29 PM CDT
actually i'd put that not on regular jail, but for that one on mriss.

sort of like people that do that ranger/paladin quest get special title of "emerald knight".

and no, i haven't been imprisoned there yet.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Title 08/06/2008 03:04 PM CDT
Here's another: jailbird
Khri Titles 08/26/2008 02:28 PM CDT
Was wondering if we were going to get any titles that were khri related? Never saw anything if it was in the works or even planned.

Dun

A thief believes everybody steals.
Edward W. Howe
Poison Titles 10/14/2008 04:23 AM CDT
Has the title Killer Queen ever been suggested for a female? I know it's close to Assassin Queen, but it was a decent song back in the day. Would make a great title now. I suppose we'd also have to have Killer King for symmetry, but that just doesn't have the same zip.

We have a snake series. The insectoid series could possibly be expanded from Black Widow by adding in Scorpion, Wasp, Bee, and Hornet. Which title you choose could reflect your poison preference, which would tie in with hopefully expanding poison sources in the lore split one day. All this of course is based on our current affiliation with the poison system. Even after that system goes public, it's possible I hope that Thieves will have guild-oriented poison bonus techniques along with new poison based titles.

~ Kaxis
Re: Poison Titles 10/15/2008 12:20 AM CDT
Inspired by your other post,

Jellyfish
150 swimming
100 brawling
Can use poison

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Poison Titles 10/15/2008 05:47 PM CDT
Oh, I'm sure Jellyfish for male characters and Medusa for female characters would be very popular titles.

With box jellyfish venom being as potent as it is, making those two titles the 2000 rank Poison Alchemy titles would be a humorous twist.

~ Kaxis
Criminal Title suggestion 11/26/2008 11:43 AM CST
I was reading an interesting article in SciAm and an idea popped into my head.

The article is called "What would Blackbeard do?" and is an economist's look at the golden age of piracy. (http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=pirates-rational-choice)

One of the topics was about the Jolly Roger and why everyone didn't just hoist the flag even though they would instigate attacks on other merchant ships like a pirate would. The section follows:

Can you please clarify the term "separating equilibrium" that pops up in your chapter on the Jolly Roger?
A separating equilibrium is to be contrasted with what's called a pooling equilibrium. It's part of signaling theory, the idea that people want to engage in various behaviors to communicate something about themselves that isn't directly observable. What makes for a successful signal is if it's more costly for some types to send than it is for others. Think about it this way: if the Jolly Roger was so effective at facilitating merchant ship surrender, then why didn't the legitimate belligerents, the other guys attacking merchant ships, also want to hoist the Jolly Roger? Because it could have facilitated easier surrender for them, too. My point is that they did want to. A pooling equilibrium was threatened but was largely prevented by what is called the single-crossing property in economics?the fact that it's more costly for the one type than for the other. And it was more costly for a privateer ship, which was legitimate, because if they raised the Jolly Roger, all of a sudden their status moves from legitimate ... to criminal?they could be caught and hanged. So that's an added cost for them. But pirates, since they were already outlaws, they had already incurred that cost.

Now my line of thinking was that Criminal titles in DR generally parallels the use of the Jolly Roger back in those days. But i feel the titles aren't really "costly" enough in their current incarnation. I don't know if Z had coded anything into justice about criminal titles, I kind of doubt he would. So my suggestion is to essentially put the justice system into the criminal titles. I know that some title require active warrants in one of more providence and i like to see this expanded to all criminal titles. The minimum being one active warrant in any providence for those not members of the Thieves guild.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Criminal Title suggestion 11/26/2008 01:22 PM CST
I don't play a guilded thief, but just wanted to say I think this is a good idea.

Denstimar Dustyfoot
Idon Raider - www.idonraiders.com
"Have you not learned great lessons from those who braced themselves against you, and disputed passage with you?" - Walt Whitman
Re: Criminal Title suggestion 11/26/2008 05:39 PM CST
Social Outrage should become a part of every character.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Paladin Titles 05/07/2009 02:11 PM CDT
I am a little disappointed that the Heretic title is not available. You would think we would have the proper soul state. Is this just due to game mechanics?
Re: Paladin Titles 05/07/2009 02:14 PM CDT
I've been begging for that title for ages but the only answers i've got were basically 'not happening' :( Apparently no matter how hard I steal my soul will never be blacker than that of a paladin!

"When I grow up, I want to be a soulless monster trapped in a suit of enchanted armor and compelled into violent service for a commercial institution through torturous psychic conditioning." -- Armifer
Re: Paladin Titles 05/08/2009 03:45 AM CDT
yeah, it used to be available to us when skillbased titles first came out, but then a few paladins got vocal about it, QQs and got a burr under their armor and we don't have it available anymore.

It's a number, it gets bigger. That's the whole DR experience right there
Survival Titles 11/21/2009 10:08 AM CST
Curious if anyone has rank and skill reqs for the Nightmare title. I'd imagine the first two are hiding/stalking, just curious what the third might be and what range it falls in.
Re: Survival Titles 11/21/2009 05:00 PM CST
I am not a guilded thief persay however I have the nightmare title and I think I got it when my skills hit about 550ish in hiding stalking

Miv
I would rather have an intelligent enemy than a stupid friend.
Title Suggestion 11/23/2009 02:02 PM CST
Honest

(This could be a thief or a criminal title, really)
Re: Title Suggestion 11/23/2009 04:08 PM CST
In a similar vein, how about Innocent - if you get away with X amount of crimes by successfully pleading innocent you could acquire this title, or another one like Slippery.
Restricted Titles 03/01/2010 12:40 PM CST
For the sake of sanity could we please, please have the titles from Astrology moved to Moon Mages and the titles in Survival1/2/3 that require guild-specific skills be moved to their respective guilds? There's some in criminal, weapons, and I think ownership that should also be moved. It makes little sense to have a guild with the ability to impersonate another guild that can't use those specific titles.
Re: Restricted Titles 03/01/2010 08:49 PM CST
This request would be better suited in the titles folder for Obseden to read since he's the one that does the title setup.

>stop j'loing up the thread

>~Arwinia
Criminal Title: Psychopath 06/09/2010 09:23 PM CDT
Criminal Title: Psychopath
Requires high ranks of two weapons (say 300 to 400 each? maybe more), and very high ranks in stealing, maybe as high a req as the weapons.
Re: Criminal Title: Psychopath 06/10/2010 12:20 AM CDT
Interesting requirements I thought it should be given to people who just randomly kill people, you know they are being psychopaths (though maybe that term isn't correct in the current Psychology...)