Re: Thief Titles, Pretend Titles and Other Titles. 04/09/2007 10:55 PM CDT
How are "Custom" titles "Criminal" titles, or "Lore" titles, or "Shield" titles... etc, etc, etc...? If so, how?

I thought Custom titles was something given on special occasions?
Re: Thief Titles, Pretend Titles and Other Titles. 04/09/2007 11:08 PM CDT
>or get em for free in TF

They cost a plat, they're not free.

-Pythea-

>focus spouse
You are a bit too busy performing to do that.
Re: Thief Titles, Pretend Titles and Other Titles. 04/09/2007 11:13 PM CDT
>I thought Custom titles was something given on special occasions?

Custom titles are bought. Either through RL cash for Premium, or 1 plat (and RL cash) for TF.

The only 'special situation' custom titles I've seen are marraige pre-titles (payed for) that only last till you log off, or other various 'till log off' titles.
Re: Thief Titles, Pretend Titles and Other Titles. 04/10/2007 09:26 AM CDT
<<The only 'special situation' custom titles I've seen are marraige pre-titles (payed for) that only last till you log off, or other various 'till log off' titles.

Or when the GM's get bored on April Fool's Day.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:23 PM CDT
The Thief and Criminal Title pages have been updated.

http://www.play.net/dr/info/criminaltitles.asp
http://www.play.net/dr/info/guilds/thieftitles.asp

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."

GM[Anti-ESP] Pormithius just killed Caelumia's ESP!
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:34 PM CDT
No Cobra for me?
Hiding: 221 07.66% pondering
Stealing: 262 03.61% learning

The following titles of the Thief category are available to you:

Initiate Thief, Apprentice Thief, Journeyman Thief, Thief, Expert Thief, Creep, Dissenter, Subverter, Maverick, Conspirator, Saboteur, Revolutionary, Garrotter, Backstabber, Hamstringer, Death Hand, Fang, Venom, Serpent, Night Watchman, Bonecutter, Sandstorm, Dirty Fighter, Muscle, Assailant, Hatchet Man, Darkness, Asp

Cobra
At least 210 ranks in Hiding
At least 210 ranks in Stealing
Must have Poison Resistance
Must have Poison Making
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:35 PM CDT
Death Hand
Must have Ambush Slit

umm...eh?

Ambush Slash, Ambush Stun, Ambush Clout, Ambush Sight, and Ambush Screen.

Ambush slit some new ambush thats not out yet? ::chuckles::

::flees::

~Dalkin~
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:36 PM CDT
Awesome, thanks!

~Purehand
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:42 PM CDT
I was hoping I wasn't the only one that noticed that Dalkin, 100th circle ability maybe? = P
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:44 PM CDT
here's hopin its a 100th circle ability! ::raises his glass to a toast::

I'm only about 50 ranks from 77th in a few things..::chortles:: Sittin at 63rd right now and can circle to 66th. But I'm wantin some TDP's! So I'm gonna wait till I can circle to 77th, than circle 14 times in a row...::chortles::

~Dalkin~
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:45 PM CDT
>Death Hand
>Must have Ambush Slit

I saw that too.

>Bonecutter
>Must have Ambush Slash

My first circle thieves have always had bonecutter.

>The following titles of the Thief category are available to you:

>Initiate Thief, Bonecutter
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:49 PM CDT
Some of those titles are damn cool.

Drevid
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:51 PM CDT
Cobra
Must have Poison Making

I meet these requirements, but don't have the title.

Adder
At least 275 ranks in Hiding
At least 275 ranks in Stealing
Must have Poison Making

I do not meet these requirements, but do have the title. I recently got it when I hit 275 in stalking, which was the only thing I otherwise lacked for it.

The Upright Man
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:52 PM CDT
Upon closer inspection - Dirty Fighter also requires Ambush Slit, and I have that one, Slit = Sight?
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:54 PM CDT
Also, there are some really great titles in there. I didn't know about quite a few of them. Hopefully I'll start getting a couple of those question mark titles soon.. We'll see.

Thanks for the update.

The Upright Man
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:56 PM CDT
Solomon is working on fixing the titles... seems some of the "stealing" reqs are in fact supposed to be "stalking" or vice versa.
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 03:58 PM CDT
As mentioned in the latest announcement, the "Snake" series in particular (and a couple of others) all have their Stalking Req listed as a Stealing req, due to a lovely "Search and Replace" mistake on my part when I was updating the new page.

This is getting fixed shortly.

And yes, Ambush Slit is Ambush Sight.

That should be getting fixed shortly as well.

Solomon

"Experience will come, it's not a race or anything. The ones who kill themselves to get to the finish are the ones who tire out quickly."

Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 04:35 PM CDT
Shot Caller
Must have Slip VII
Must be able to Snipe
Must have Specific Thief-Only Ability

Not 100% about this but I don't think Slip 7 exists. Or Slip 6 for that matter. Course maybe it does sense I don't have:

Double-Crosser
Must have All Slips
Must have All Voice Throws

And I have all the thrown voice abilities.
It'd be nice to have a special ability to look forward to.
Thief Title Page Fixed 04/26/2007 04:52 PM CDT
The main problem with the Thief Title Page has been fixed. All the titles that had two Stealing reqs or titles that incorrectly had a Stealing Req instead of a Stalking req have been fixed.

Any additional problems should be posted in the Thief Guild Title Suggestions topic in the Thieves category and I'll get to them as time allows. I just made sure we updated this particular problem ASAP because it was pretty major.

Solomon

Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 05:35 PM CDT
>Shot Caller
>Must have Slip VII
>Must be able to Snipe
>Must have Specific Thief-Only Ability

>Not 100% about this but I don't think Slip 7 exists. Or Slip 6 for that matter. Course maybe it does sense I don't >have:

>Double-Crosser
>Must have All Slips
>Must have All Voice Throws

>And I have all the thrown voice abilities.
>It'd be nice to have a special ability to look forward to.

I was wondering about those as well.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 06:08 PM CDT
Any chance some of the ??? can be removed?

Kind of confusing when a title in the 300's of ranks is all ??? out but others in the 400/500s are not..

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 06:52 PM CDT
Solomon, I sent you an email about titles I shouldn't have.

Also, there are two instances of Swindler.

Swindler
At least 35 ranks in Stealing
At least 35 ranks in Evasion
At least 16 points in Charisma

Swindler
At least 50 ranks in Stealing
At least 20 points in Charisma
At least 60 ranks in Perception
At least 20 ranks in Escaping

There still isn't a title that fits me well enough to like. Ah well. =P

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.
http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Diarik
http://tinyurl.com/3ch2oz (Livejournal)

Holiness of soul lies within integrity of spirit. - Book of Eluned, Magica Bona
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 07:35 PM CDT
Shot Caller
Must have Slip VII
Must be able to Snipe
Must have Specific Thief-Only Ability

i only know of 5 slips and 5 VTs.

schvartz

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 07:49 PM CDT
Uhhh, what happened to the Anarchist title?! ~flails~

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms. - Zonkar
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 07:56 PM CDT
anarchist title is listed under criminal titles as requireing specific warrents.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Title Pages Updated 04/26/2007 09:14 PM CDT
First, I just want to say thank you for all of the new title information! I definitely have new goals!

Second, in conjunction with the new Thief/Criminal title requirements, I was hoping if more information about fake guild reqs could be posted as well. I'm afraid that some of the descriptions simply aren't accurate anymore. For example:

<< Barbarian Pretend Titles substitute 125% Backstab Skill for the Weapon requirement and 125% Weapon Skill for the Armor requirement. Charisma is substituted for Dance and Berserk related abilities. >>

It was posted that the Dance/Berserk titles now have circle requirements, too. It'd be nice if that information was shared. It would also be nice if there was some elaboration on the requirements for the Roar/War Cry titles.

Also, I'm confused as to why I have a title such as Bloodboiler (Req: Able to berserk Flame), but not Flame Berserker (Req: Able to berserk Flame, At least 35 points in stamina) when I meet the additional stat requirement posted. Titles in the old system seem to factor in the stat requirement (EX: Marauder - At least 110 ranks in Highest Worn-Armor, At least 140 ranks in Highest Weapon, At least 32 points in Strength).

Other examples where I seemingly meet the req, but do not have the title, include: Blood Berserker, Cyclone Berserker, Stone Berserker, Nightmare Berserker, Student of Kuniyo, Student of Everild, Student of Trothfang, and some others.

Is the system simply not checking our stats properly to grant us the newer titles, or are we just not allowed to have them? An answer would be appreciated, as I'm rather confused.

Lastly, I would again like to petition that we be granted access to fake titles if we have achieved the actual guild requirement. I know this is probably a difficult undertaking because the SBT system is so complicated, but it only makes sense that if we have attained the actual ranks (no faking required), we should be rewarded with the guise.

Thank you, again, for all the hard work. :)

-Pythea-

>focus spouse
You are a bit too busy performing to do that.
Title oddity 04/27/2007 12:40 AM CDT
Degenerate
Must have Slip I

Maverick
Must have Contact - Boltholes

I have Slip I but no Degenerate title. Also, I dont have that specific Contact (assuming it's the one used in Riverhaven) yet I have the Maverick title. Just a heads up.

Moving carefully, you reach your hand into the blind beggar's purse and grab a gold, a bronze, and several coppers. You quickly pocket the Kronars.
Re: Title oddity 04/27/2007 06:30 AM CDT
Shouldn't criminal titles with a backstab requirement be moved into the thief category? I've always thought that a bit odd.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Title oddity 04/27/2007 06:42 AM CDT
theres a number of other titles like that in other "general" categories. for instance, the survival3 titles that require scouting. Obviously you have to be a ranga to get those, etc.
And theres one that requires you to be a cleric as well in Survival1 <undertaker>

Re: Title oddity 04/27/2007 07:06 AM CDT
Eh, similar titles exist elsewhere. For instance there is a TRADING series of titles, that are not in the trader area. Same with astrology and moonies.

Re: Title Pages Updated 04/28/2007 01:00 AM CDT
<<Not 100% about this but I don't think Slip 7 exists. Or Slip 6 for that matter. Course maybe it does sense I don't have:>>

And

<<i only know of 5 slips and 5 VTs.>>

Then I guess that would explain why you guys don't qualify for that title yet. ;)

Solomon

Re: Title Pages Updated 04/28/2007 11:39 AM CDT
Any chance you can remove some of the ??? on our titles. I dont understand what the secrecy would be with us knowing how to get titles we desire..

Re: Title Pages Updated 04/28/2007 12:56 PM CDT
Pretty please.
Pretend Post Titles 05/01/2007 08:05 AM CDT
I feel like I'm being ignored here.

Does anyone know why we can't use pretend titles as post titles?

If you don't know why, at least one person please tell me they don't know so I don't think I'm being ignored.

Thanks,

~Cryhavok
Re: Pretend Post Titles 05/01/2007 08:36 AM CDT
i don't know why. probly cause they coded it like that.

Re: Pretend Post Titles 05/01/2007 12:33 PM CDT
<<If you don't know why, at least one person please tell me they don't know so I don't think I'm being ignored.>>

I don't know why, but I think this was something we tried putting in and it broke things, so we took it back out until it can be made not to break things.

Although I may be thinking of something else entirely.

Solomon

Ranger Pretend Titles 05/07/2007 03:08 PM CDT
Can someone please check the ranger pretend titles? They don't seem to be checking scholarship.

>>Perception at 140% was substituted for the Scouting requirement. Other Stealth skills were substituted where necessary at 130%. Scholarship at 130% was used in place of Animal Lore, and Charisma is used for spells and Beseeches. Other Survival skills are kept identical.

For example, I didn't get wildling until I actually filled the animal lore req for it.

Wildling
At least 25 ranks in Scouting
At least 10 ranks in Animal Lore

Once I hit the 10 ranks in actual animal lore it showed up. Another thief who has more scholarship than me and a HECK of a lot more perception doesn't have the 10 ranks in animal lore and doesn't have this title available.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Ranger Pretend Titles 05/07/2007 07:26 PM CDT
>>For example, I didn't get wildling until I actually filled the animal lore req for it.

Now that Animal Lore is actually learnable by all guilds, they probably turned off the substitution-for-pretend part but haven't updated the webpage.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

What is the moral? Must be a moral. Here is the moral, wrong or right:
Morals tomorrow; comedy tonight!
TF Title Issue 05/08/2007 03:30 AM CDT
I dont know if this is the same in prime or not, but there's a few titles I have that I cant choose due to lower tiered ones. Like.. I cant pick Shadow because of Shadow Fighter, or Night because of Night Watchman. I think there was a few others, but can this be looked at?
Title Problem? 05/15/2007 07:31 AM CDT
The Cobra title still doesn't seem to be correct. The website says:
Cobra
Must have Poison Making

My character:

The following titles of the Thief category are available to you:

Initiate Thief, Apprentice Thief, Journeyman Thief, Thief, Expert Thief, Creep, Imposter, Dissenter, Subverter, Maverick, Conspirator, Saboteur, Revolutionary, Garrotter, Backstabber, Hamstringer, Death Hand, Fang, Venom, Serpent, Night Watchman, Bonecutter, Sandstorm, Dirty Fighter, Muscle, Assailant, Hatchet Man, Darkness, Asp

Hiding: 232
Stealing: 278
Stalking: 231

He's got venom, serpent, and asp to prove the poison resistance and poison making as well. Thanks for the help.

Roger