Re: More Titles 05/18/2006 07:04 PM CDT
to add to ascot
<<Fake ranks should be applied to overall skill requirements and to titles in other categories.>>

-substitute skills shouldn't replace skills you already have

example would be Target magic (or armor, or weapon, or appraisal) for those that trained it. Substitute skill should help supplement the ranks that are already learned not replace them.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: More Titles 06/08/2006 03:01 PM CDT
I concur, i have more weapons then backstab and they ignore them and use my backstab, also i think not every thief title should be super stealing, its not required to be one of your 8, i hardly think assassian and some of those other ones should require tons of stealing
Re: More Titles 06/08/2006 03:12 PM CDT
Speaking of... Shak, I'm assuming you've been kinda reading over Thief concerns, likes, and complaints about our new titles.

Anything in the works you can talk to us about? Anything from Fake guild reqs being a little iffy, getting actual Thief titles, getting the bugs fixed with dismantles and handshakes, and maybe taking out stealing for some of those criminal titles?

I know there have been several threads on all those issues. It'd be great to know what kinda direction titles are going with the change in management. I haven't talked to too many (read: any at all) Thieves that are liking how we made out on the change to SBT.

-Wighten
Re: More Titles 06/08/2006 03:17 PM CDT
>>I concur, i have more weapons then backstab and they ignore them and use my backstab,

Wow, is that possible? Or am I just the strange one? ::chortles::

ME 183
LE 144
Backstab 236

~Just Me~

If its got two legs and you hear a thud...don't panic...I just killed another one.

>>>>Agonar, apparently taking an uncharacteristic trip to the north, strolls by, winks at Marlena, giggles oddly to himself, and continues his journey onward.
Re: More Titles 06/10/2006 05:55 AM CDT
I think you're normal.

bs = primary
weapon = secondary.

more weapons is just a different way of doing it. no big deal. not likely it's the norm.
Stealing Changes and Titles 10/03/2006 12:33 PM CDT
The upcoming stealing changes will mean that it will be easier for nonthieves to learn stealing, therefore making it easier for them to obtain titles in the Criminal category. If we do have another batch of Criminal titles coming out sometime in the future, is there any way to have more titles with backstabbing requirements (thus, making them essentially Thief-only)? Just a suggestion/request.

-Pythea-

"This is a community. It's not just a game." - Ssra
Titles! 01/13/2007 02:42 PM CST
Those who find themselves interested in the more criminal elements of society might want to check and see if there's any new titles they may be eligible for. My shadowy contacts report there's a large batch of ways for you to express yourselves, including several you may have to work hard to figure out.

Also, certain members of a nameless guild may find that they have a few extra as well.

(This is live in Prime and Plat, and will be in TF in a few days if nothing breaks)

-Z
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 02:50 PM CST
Thanks! There's definately some gnifty new ones there. Didn't see the one I've been waiting for but I might just not be good enough yet.

~Minstrel Ascot, Song Weaver of M'riss
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 03:32 PM CST
there are definitely some nice ones in there.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 03:45 PM CST
Definately

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 03:51 PM CST
WOW I PEED MY PANTS. DEATHS HAND.
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 05:14 PM CST
Theres also "Killer" higher up the backstab list. Wonder whats above that;)

Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 05:15 PM CST
Thank you, Zeyurn!!!!

:D

-Pythea-

>focus spouse
You are a bit too busy performing to do that.
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 05:57 PM CST
I didn't make em, I just approved em. Shakahn did some, but I won't list the others unless they want to name themselves :)

-Z
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 06:30 PM CST
THANK YOU GMS FOR THE TITLES I LOVE YOU
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 07:34 PM CST
Can you guys post some of them?

Drevid
Re: Titles! 01/13/2007 09:26 PM CST
These are my favs: Stealth Mage, Stealth Channeler, Stealth Evoker, Stealth Wizard.
Re: Titles! 01/14/2007 12:08 AM CST
I prefer Shadow Dreadnaught and Silent Chaosbringer
Re: Titles! 01/14/2007 12:47 AM CST
ooo, i like these. now deciding between urban ranger and killer, and the other title I usually wear, which is Pirate. such a dilemna!

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 07:16 AM CST
Seems that these new titles stop at a relativly low rank. On the web site most guilds have guild titles requiring 500 + ranks in various skills. I'm no where near that yet from what I've been able to tell in the past few days I have access to the highest 'thief' based titles at the moment. Is there any GM request for some high skill rank titles then?

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 11:18 AM CST
<<Seems that these new titles stop at a relativly low rank.>>

You might think that, but you would be wrong.

There are a number of titles that require 500 ranks (or more) in one (or more) skills.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 11:42 AM CST
Mmm well the thieves i asked with such and such ranks seem to cap out around the time i do, with the exception of 'trigger man'. Maybe I should keep asking.

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 11:56 AM CST
Hrm...ok...in checking more on this, there seems to be a porblem.

I'll get it remedied.

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 11:57 AM CST
There are several that I don't think got added.

Let me get with Obseden on this.

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 12:35 PM CST
Just like old times Solomon, always doubting me.

Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 01:47 PM CST
Another question about the titles... I thought our guild didnt have guild specific titles except for the journeyman, master, legendary, ect. and our pretend titles. But I now have new title options in the thief catagory. Is this intended?

IllWillPress.com Bow down to the power of Foamy!
Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 02:33 PM CST
I have a question. Once upon a time I played DR and walked around with a thief title and got mugged. A lot has changed, but is that gonna happen to me now? Because these new titles are just too awesome to pass up for my lousy pretend titles.

If you haven't heard the Rite of Spring, then I guess you wouldn't know that it is possible to incite the French to riot.
Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 03:08 PM CST
>>I have a question. Once upon a time I played DR and walked around with a thief title and got mugged. A lot has changed, but is that gonna happen to me now? Because these new titles are just too awesome to pass up for my lousy pretend titles.

I doubt it. There are so many people walking around wearing titles that used to be thief-only that it's hard to tell what guild someone is by title alone now.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 03:32 PM CST
you don't get thugged for titles since the new title system.
The Tog himself said to take back the streets.

Sothios Clan-Csencsits
Aesry Locksmith Union Representative
Re: Titles! 01/15/2007 03:54 PM CST
<<But I now have new title options in the thief catagory. Is this intended?>>

There are several that, since they require Khri or something of that nature, were put into the Guild Specific category.

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: Titles! 01/16/2007 11:12 AM CST
Hey Soloman, were there any locksmith-friendly titles added this time around? I've seen some cool ones added, but none that were in the area I was hoping for.

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Titles! 01/16/2007 09:11 PM CST
>I didn't make em, I just approved em. Shakahn did some, but I won't list the others unless they want to name themselves :)

Sorry, didn't mean to exclude anyone. Thank you, GMs!!

-Pythea-

>focus spouse
You are a bit too busy performing to do that.
Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 11:22 AM CST
<<Hey Soloman, were there any locksmith-friendly titles added this time around? I've seen some cool ones added, but none that were in the area I was hoping for.>>

Which ones were you looking for?

There were a few that required lockpicking that should have been added. I'm checking with Obseden to see why several of the ones I've checked for aren't showing up.

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 12:21 PM CST
New thief titles
Creep, Imposter, Charlatan, Deceiver, Mysterious, Nefarious, Dissenter, Subverter, Betrayer, Maverick, Conspirator, Saboteur, Revolutionary, Garrotter, Backstabber, Backbiter, Hamstringer, Death Hand, Urban Ranger, Fang, Venom, Serpent, Night Watchman, Bonecutter, Sandstorm, Dirty Fighter, Muscle, Assailant, Hatchet Man, Killer

New criminal titles
Delinquent, Hoodlum, Hooligan, Lawless, Scofflaw, Desperado, Fugitive, Vagrant

I checked with some high level thieves, we're all getting the same titles. Don't seem to be
any really high end titles, or alot of the small end ones. Unless this is it.
Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 12:28 PM CST
Right thats what I was noticing. I have everything you listed I think other than sandstorm (probably lacking the stealing) and urban ranger.

Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 12:55 PM CST
<<Delinquent, Hoodlum, Hooligan, Lawless, Scofflaw, Desperado, Fugitive, Vagrant>>

I'm waiting to see who can claim "Public Menace" and "Anarchist", personally.

Solomon

What's going on?

Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 12:59 PM CST
<<<I'm waiting to see who can claim "Public Menace" and "Anarchist", personally.
>>>

The fact I can't get anarchist is down right tragic. I'm gonna cry. I so exemplify that title.

Alley Cat
who joined the guild BECAUSE it does "not" exist.

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms. - Zonkar
Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 01:04 PM CST
As an aside, while I weep that I can't be an Anarchist yet, I am now a proud subverter

Alley Cat

Wait, if there are actual dragons it won't be a joke anymore. Then we'll have to rename the game Necrorealms. - Zonkar
Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 02:06 PM CST
(((I'm waiting to see who can claim "Public Menace" and "Anarchist", personally.))))

If Ragran can't, your game is broken sir!

E.
Re: Titles! 01/17/2007 02:14 PM CST
Public menace sounds like it would be due to Endangering the Public. Anarchist sounds like its one of every charge, Id think.

Elusive