Prev_page Previous 1 3
Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 04:45 PM CST
Do you happen to have a fun (or even not so fun) idea for a fluffy item with a neat mechanic? Please post your ideas here! We really want to hear from you and no idea is BAD, just make sure it's unique.

Are you too shy to post your idea? You can email them to dr-naohhi@play.net or, if you prefer, send them to dr-contest@play.net!

Sometimes, staff ideas can get a bit samey, so we love to involve our player base in idea generation, designs, etc. This is your chance to throw us your wish list, but please try not to make it a whole system, or we'll have to nag you to join staff and code it yourself. :p

Have fun with this, it's awesome to get ideas churning.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 05:05 PM CST
Something I'd consider "easy"

I've always wanted a magnifying glass or some device that would let NMUs look at an item and see if it's magical, but tell them nothing about it's magical properties. With the number of hiders and other minor magical items rolling out these days I find it's a real nunicense to have to check IF something is magical with a second magic using character.

Something I'd consider "hard"

A mobile card table that you could set up and set a buy-in amount and game (popular picks would be Texas Holdum, 5 and 7 card stud and such). When you sit down at the table you pay whatever the buyin amount is set at in platinum by the tables owner. You get 1,000 chips and when you stand up the table folds your current hand and cashes you out. If the Owner of the table stands up it cashes folds his current hand, splits whatever's in the with all people left, and then cashes everyone out and packs up. Have the Owner (or someone else the owern designates) be the dealer and give them access to verbs that move the game along. Such as:

DEAL (Ante people and start a hand)
POKE ACTION (Remind the table who's turn it is to bet)
SET BUYIN (Set the buyin amount)
CLOSE GAME (Inform players that the game will close after this hand and cash everyone out)

Could even add fluffy verbs in to shuffle/card trick/chip trick/flip and start drunken brawl
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 05:25 PM CST
Poker dice, please! A way to play a card game would be amazing too, but poker dice I think would be a LOT simpler to code up.

Hookahs that you can load with tobacco, drop, light, and enjoy with 2-4 people. They already exist in-game, just none are accessible to players.

Drugs. Yes, really. It would be a neat expansion to foraging or alchemy or some other system even if it was completely fluff effects, possibly with the addiction mechanic for Eylhaar's Feast thrown in.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 07:21 PM CST
Dung. Fling it at friends (or not), makes them emote 'stinking' for a while. Similar to jelly beans, water globes, or snowballs, but consumed on throw. No mechanical issue, just a fun thing.

Joy buzzers. Before the modern electric version, they were simple mechanical wind-ups that, when you depressed the switch, would vibrate a little (and make a noise) to startle on hand shakes.

Trick cigars. Explode and leave your face 'painted' black similar to how face paint worked.

Water wings, inflatable swimming ducks, etc. No real function, but it would be amusing to see people wearing them around.

Samatak, and other 'illegal' substances in DR; no mechanical effect, but consuming them in justice zones should generate a warrant and/or SO. Note: Samatak exists and was a Droughtman's prize at one point. I'm aware of the drugs issue; a suitable alternative would be classes of alcohol (like absinthe).

'Pin the tail on the donkey' tails you can either jab someone with (not subtle) or slip them onto the person. They'd end up general worn as a donkey tail/etc. and could be removed by the person. Sort of akin to the old 'kick me' signs you'd see on people in terrible high school dramas.

Megaphone. Makes all your /say for the next X seconds a shout. Cooldown of something like 1 use per minute, unless abused, then you get silenced for a full day (players, and town justice, don't appreciate you being too loud).

Fuzzy wraps for your weapons. Take sword, slip wrap on sword. Sword is now a pink fuzzy sword of death (ok, not likely, but it's amusing to me to do the equivalent of making something look like a stuffed toy then beating someone to death with it).

DR equivalent of trip wires. Put up in room, someone runs past (use mechanics similar to the ice fields?) and falls down, or gets some foul smelling thing sprayed on them, or something innocuous but funny.

Squeaky bits. For crafting tools, or weapons. Or shields and parry sticks I guess. Use weapon/tool, make squeaky noise. Because camb going snap isn't enough.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 07:35 PM CST
Boots that splash through puddles occasionally when it is or has just finished raining and crunch through snow unless you're being stealthy.

A kite, with at least one version shaped like a dragon, of course.

Watermelon seeds you can spit for distance.

~Faih
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 08:14 PM CST
ClimateWear/unlockables in general are kinda neat, I think, if you don't mind borrowing from Gemstone.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/ClimateWear
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:05 PM CST
>>I've always wanted a magnifying glass or some device that would let NMUs look at an item and see if it's magical, but tell them nothing about it's magical properties. With the number of hiders and other minor magical items rolling out these days I find it's a real nunicense to have to check IF something is magical with a second magic using character.

These kinda/sorta exist already for cambrinth/gaezthen. I think it would actually be nice if they could explain magical items for NMUs or those lacking enough skill.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Magikul_Stuff

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:11 PM CST
This might be tricky, but since we've been seeing this kind of thing more lately, maybe cosmetics that actually go into your features (and last more than an hour or so)?

So you could have kohl that replaced your eye shape with "kohl-rimmed" until you took it off. Or some lipstick that replaced your special feature with various things such as "lips painted a striking violet" or whatever.

Races with scales or fur could have their own kinds of cosmetics, designed to suit their physiology and culture.

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:39 PM CST
>>These kinda/sorta exist already for cambrinth/gaezthen. I think it would actually be nice if they could explain magical items for NMUs or those lacking enough skill.

While this is similiar to what I posted (an item being used to identify a magical item) the purpose of what I suggest was to be able to tell if an item is magical since with a lot of things these days it's hard to tell. Cambrinth and gaezthen are easily identifible as magical because they are cambrinth or gaezthen. The magical item list from Beyond the Barrier is a great example of a smattering of items that are magical that you wouldn't know unless you're focusing compulsively (gaezthen aside).

I thought that actually detailing what a magical item doesn for a NMU was going a little far personally, but I'm all for any advancement in this area.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:42 PM CST
I'm going to suggest things I want and hope other people want them too. :)

1) Magic cigars/cigarillos/pipes that never burn out, have a few more verbs, and you could WEAR them to have them show up in your features somewhere as having a cigar tucked in the corner of your mouth. Or, if eternal items are impossible, or it is easier to do it this way might it be possible to have the WEAR functionality put into existing cigars?

2) I love the items that change their tap when you do various thing to them, such as the Andriane items. So, new hooded cloaks, longcoats, greatcoats. You can turn the cloak to hide your features, as the existing hooded cloaks are, but this will show up in the tap of the item as well. Cloaks could be pulled around you, hanging loose, or pinned back at the shoulder. Coats could be buttoned or unbuttoned.

Similarly, some more varied options for shirts where the sleeves can be rolled up, collar can be done up tightly or hanging open, or hanging open.

If we REALLY wanted to go crazy with it, the same script could be used and several different "attitude" options could be put there, one assigned to each item. There could be prim clothes, rakish clothes, etc. All items would work the same way, but have different associated text. This would allow more personality to be assigned to the item, even though the nature of such a scripted item would mean that nothing could be put after the noun.

To give you an idea what I'm talking about, some example taps from my altered Andriane scarf, accessed with different verbs:
* a deep crimson Imperial weave scarf draped elegantly around the neck
* a deep crimson Imperial weave scarf looped casually around the throat
* a deep crimson Imperial weave scarf loosely wrapped about the lower face and neck

I want this, for lots of clothing items, with more options and feature-hiding when appropriate.

- Saragos
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:45 PM CST
Relatedly, though I don't know how "fun" this is for most people, I really, really wish we had humidors or cases that served as cigar/cigarillo/tobacco "stackers" to reduce item count.

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:48 PM CST
I'd love to see nemirro stones return to the game.

I'd like to see an item for psychically shocking anyone who doesn't wear a crystal albredine ring. Only works on someone without a ring that you or someone else has attempted to think to in the last 2 minutes.
>think to PersonX
You are unable to make the mental contact and your thought fails to project.
>center crystal artifact on PersonX
You are stunned! 1 second RT.
elsewhere:
PersonX was just stunned! 1 second RT

Drop an artifact and it causes a localized distortion of energy that causes all targetted tm spells in the room to randomly strike other targets or miss completely for X seconds.

Drop an artifact and it causes a room wide breakdown of the physical laws of magic that allows multiple mana types to leak into all spell patterns causing all spells prepared and cast there to become sorcerous in nature for X seconds. Sorcery skillcheck for casters applies.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 10:50 PM CST

As the weather gets worse in game in areas,

SNOW BANKS that you can get stuck in and dig yourself out of, really bad ones that might require a shovel or someone else to help dig you out of it.

Brutal cold and driving wind in certain areas that if you congregate outside without a fire you run a risk of skin rash <think frost bite>

Snow wolves and critter X foraging or raiding in village or town for food supplies

black gear or clothes hindering hiding in whiteout conditions

trader caravan's stuck in snow drifts and NPC trader caravans stuck in drifts or snow banks and raidable?
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:01 PM CST
>Snow wolves and critter X foraging or raiding in village or town for food supplies

Hah, this would be great. Town Green pond freezes over, grizzled old hunter next to the ice skates salesman offers a bounty on snow wolf pelts throughout winter. 'They're a scourge on the populace!', he says. 'I'll give you five gold per white wolf hide. Bring me fifty pelts and you'll be known far and wide as a Wolfhunter! Just ask me about the Winter Fur Hat tailoring instructions I might be induced to sharing with Wolfhunters.'

Vote:
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:02 PM CST
I personally would love a magnifying glass with fun verbs that show you examining an item/person.

Also a notebook/pen combo with more options than "you jot down a few notes". I know there are some fancy books out there but I don't think any are specifically for taking notes.

The old rubbable lockets, or, even better, lockets that can be used like the current papers. So you write down a description of the person inside the locket and can look at it whenever you want, with sappy verbs and such. Maybe make it a container so we could keep other small keepsakes inside too.

I also love the idea of faking spells. More fakery and disguise please! Perhaps with special examination verbs so that the right person, with the interest and the skill, could watch others closely for such falsehood.

>>I love the items that change their tap when you do various thing to them, such as the Andriane items. So, new hooded cloaks, longcoats, greatcoats.

Yes please, with big pockets!

- Navesi
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:02 PM CST
>Relatedly, though I don't know how "fun" this is for most people, I really, really wish we had humidors or cases that served as cigar/cigarillo/tobacco "stackers" to reduce item count.

Smoking and drinking stackers have been something I've totally wished to have for a long time now.

I know we have kegs and casks that can "stack" drinks, but I'd really like other types of nouns and something that doesn't pour out a drink. Like those awesome liquor cabinets from the festival. Would be nice if they acted like the stacking herb pouches but with drinks instead.

The Kasto mimic abruptly solidifies, looking very much like Kasto.
>
You say, "What a handsome fellow you are!"
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:06 PM CST
>> I also love the idea of faking spells. More fakery and disguise please! Perhaps with special examination verbs so that the right person, with the interest and the skill, could watch others closely for such falsehood.

Items that let you mimick visible spell effects (i.e. stuff that showed up in LOOK or your description) would be amazing.

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:10 PM CST
Another idea, this time a big one...

Leaving the issue of true Forgebiding aside, an automated workshop that will add verbs and cool effects to your crafted weapons and armor. I think this would be a great addition to the game even if, for example, these would only be designed to fit specific modern crafting weapon templates. For some of the cooler effects, these might take the form of limited sales (you buy a limited voucher that you can use later), auction items, quest prizes, or premium benefits.

Ideally, some of these, such as the Basic ones, would be designed so that they did not preclude Enchanting the weapon when it is released, and the whole thing would clearly be designed to not step on the toes of what Enchanting is supposed to be able to do.

Possible Options:

Basic:
Verb sets - a swift fighter set, barbaric fighter set, disciplined fighter set. Things like swooshing and cleaning, holding the weapon at the ready in various ways, cocking the weapon over your shoulder, etc
Possible racial verb sets

Intermediate:
Gore items
Various sparkly light effects

Advanced:
Morphing, such as the icy-blue blade set with a glacier emerald in its crossguard
Hidden weapons, such as the ones that are made of spiders.

There are tons of options her. Anything that could be a cool quest weapon could work here.

- Saragos

- Saragos
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:12 PM CST
I would like to see the bowling alley from HE come back permanently somewhere, but not necessarily for only Premium.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:15 PM CST
>>Smoking and drinking stackers have been something I've totally wished to have for a long time now.

Me too! Not to mention the weight of carrying around all those kegs, casks, flasks, and the humidor. I would pay a premium for anything that lightened the load a little bit, in addition to stacking.

- Navesi
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:30 PM CST
>> Relatedly, though I don't know how "fun" this is for most people, I really, really wish we had humidors or cases that served as cigar/cigarillo/tobacco "stackers" to reduce item count.

I feel so foolish for not considering this already. I would LOVE this.

You count up the items in your smokewood humidor...
There are one hundred thirteen non-ammunition items inside your smokewood humidor.
Roundtime: 2 seconds.

- Saragos
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:33 PM CST
For what it's worth, you actually can combine tobacco products, including cigars. Only problem is that getting them back apart involves using the break command, so you either get a 1 count piece (which would burn out really quickly), or split whatever you have roughly in half. It can help for item count if you want to stockpile a big supply, though. It'll just take some time when you want to get out small quantities that are more reasonably usable.

I'd still like to see some less fiddly stacking methods, though. I'd also like to see some item that generates tobacco, similar to the bootlegger's crate. And having mentioned booze, a magical endless flask would be really nice. Fill it with a drink of your choice, and never run out! (Well, maybe a limit on the number of times you can pour one out per day, if needed.) I think flasks already block drinks with special effects that might be more of an issue for something like that.

- Miskton
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/16/2015 11:40 PM CST
Stackers would ideally not merely address the issue of item count but also of weight. It is weirdly heavy right now to carry around what works out (in my case) to a modest number of cigarillos. So management of it could be less kludgey and annoying all around, especially when they boil down to being RP props.

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 12:18 AM CST
Spell pattern extenders that you wear that stabilize and extend your spell pattern duration by 10% or 15% for X amount of casts. Can be set to a specific spell or spell type.

A potion that yanks Rakash out of moonskin. A potion that forces moonskin early. A potion that keeps a Rakash in moonskin after Katamba wanes. Various penalties incurred with use of the potion.

Grazhir moonblades (just kidding)

Vote:
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 12:38 AM CST
>>I love the items that change their tap when you do various thing to them

Actually came across something like this when I was archiving for HE: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Swirling_rainbow_silk_skirt

It was really neat to see an item adjust itself according to how I was treating it.

>>SNOW BANKS that you can get stuck in and dig yourself out of, really bad ones that might require a shovel or someone else to help dig you out of it.

I think this exists. During the winter GMs sometimes drop them around or something along those lines.

Same for weather disasters. GMs can flip a switch to cause tornados and so on that make it dangerous to be outside.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 12:39 AM CST
>>Leaving the issue of true Forgebiding aside, an automated workshop that will add verbs and cool effects to your crafted weapons and armor.

A form of this exists in the LTB bungalow but I think it is definitely in need of some TLC/updating/etc: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Squat_Bungalow#Crafter_Thazzuc

Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 12:47 AM CST
>> Actually came across something like this when I was archiving for HE: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Swirling_rainbow_silk_skirt

This appears to be an altered copy of the skirts sold in Ilaya Taipa periodically. It's the same place the shirts come from.

More items like this with greater variety would be amazing.

Also stuff that changes based on the weather. (So "a brilliant red camlet coat" that becomes "a brilliant red camlet coat slick with rain" if you're standing outside and it's raining.)

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:00 AM CST
>>This appears to be an altered copy of the skirts sold in Ilaya Taipa periodically. It's the same place the shirts come from.

Ahhh didn't look into where it came from. Neat.

>>Also stuff that changes based on the weather. (So "a brilliant red camlet coat" that becomes "a brilliant red camlet coat slick with rain" if you're standing outside and it's raining.)

This but mundane would be awesome: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Sunny_yellow_mistsilk_cloak

Just as an aside, I'm posting links to items that kinda relate to these ideas to show there's some groundwork to them hopefully being expanded on. For example, there are clothing items that have scripts that change based on weather/seasons, so there's some starting point already there.

Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:37 AM CST
I would love a doorjam that keeps the door of a house open for an hour at a time so that they can be used for public events.

I would love to be able to buy a custom order one time use food cart.

I would love something to allow me to put my hands on my hips without having to wear a sword belt.

Clothing layers like they have in GS. Putting on a belt turns into a tunic with a belt, a gown with a girdle, a shirt with a vest, etc.

===
My spathas at hand,
From the ashes I rise,
With resolve in my heart,
And fire in my eyes.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:45 AM CST
>> I would love something to allow me to put my hands on my hips without having to wear a sword belt.

oh my god yes I wish this was a verb so bad. I wear a belt that I keep hidden with a hider JUST so I can do these:

> push belt
You rest your hands on your hips.
> wave belt
You hold your hand up at waist height.
> rub belt
You rub your stomach.

>> Clothing layers like they have in GS. Putting on a belt turns into a tunic with a belt, a gown with a girdle, a shirt with a vest, etc.

I think the way DR handles items and inventories might make this not work with standard items, but maybe some new clothes in a new kind of shop could be put out that let you mix and match a bunch of things to make items like that. Have enough options available and it would be possible to create things that are pretty much unique.

Thayet
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 07:16 AM CST
>>Also a notebook/pen combo with more options than "you jot down a few notes". I know there are some fancy books out there but I don't think any are specifically for taking notes.

A battered leather prisoner's journal is available from the end of Quelling the Riot (inside the black steel book chest) that lets you actually record things. There's a limit to the number of characters allowed per page but it does let you write whatever you want inside it.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 07:30 AM CST

> While this is similiar to what I posted (an item being used to identify a magical item) the purpose of what I suggest was to be able to tell if an item is magical since with a lot of things these days it's hard to tell. Cambrinth and gaezthen are easily identifible as magical because they are cambrinth or gaezthen. The magical item list from Beyond the Barrier is a great example of a smattering of items that are magical that you wouldn't know unless you're focusing compulsively (gaezthen aside).

There are the trader monocles that tell you the mana type something is charged with. I could see this being extended.
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 08:51 AM CST
>>A battered leather prisoner's journal is available from the end of Quelling the Riot (inside the black steel book chest) that lets you actually record things.

This does sound neat, but for me I don't actually need to record things. I just want verbs to make it look like I am!

- Navesi
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 10:25 AM CST
So many awesome ideas guys, and I've had even more emailed over.

BTW, it doesn't matter if you think your idea is mundane or even if it's only a QoL (quality of life) idea. While some of these ideas might be close to existing stuff, this is also a pretty good place to do exactly as TEV is doing and link similar items.

Some ideas that have been emailed that might give some more of you ideas:

1. Grappling hook. Likely made with engineering. Explosive or spring loaded. Spring is engineering, explosive is alchemy, rope is outfitting (fine = breaks sooner but shoots further). Alchemy explosives have fewer uses but can work on harder obstacles relative to your own sills.

Use: Creates a rope in the room that lasts for y seconds. Rope has a reduced difficulty for climbing the object, and it can be used by anyone until it breaks. It may break if someone particularly heavy uses it relative to the skill of the rope maker / thickness of material used.

Quality affects the gap between the user's outdoorsmanship and perception (maybe with engineering) to determine success. Doesn't work on all obstacles (ie: gondola). Stacks with athletics buffs.

Think of it as a new climbing obstacle with a short life that's created in the room based on the make of the tool and skills of the user.

2. An array of miniature creatures. Clockwork dragons. Clockwork basilisks. The like. Wind it up, pour some naptha in it, turn it so that it recognizes you, put it down. It'll wonder around burning up things on the ground (like compost), and set ablaze what burns and melts everything else. .

3. Portable walls. Small elemental charm. Point in a direction and a wall goes up. People can't go through it.

4. Playful guns/gadgets. Shoot people to make them grow a beard. Temporarily change eye colors.

5. Race changing items. They don't actually change the race, but anyone looking at you would see you as that race. Character sheet would not. Stat costs do not change. Game interactions do not change. Say I want to be a gnome for RP for a while. I can turn the ring, get a small puff of smoke, and boom. I'm a gnome to everyone else. You still can't get into gnome shops. You can't use gnome verbs.

6. Race changing items, as a simucoin item, it should actually change the race and give you either a full stat respec. It'll adjust each stat to be roughly equivalent (floor) to the cost of TDPs that you would have spent in that stat. So a 20 in int on a elf -> convert to gnome may be 24 int, but your strength would drop from 24 to 16 or something. You can buy stat respec potions on top of this to redo everything, but leaving this outside of stat respecs means that it can be sold ala cart for respec items).

7. Rescue me charm bracelet. You can put multiple charms on it as an upgradable items Max of 3 charms. 1 charm will let your spirit absorb a single killing blow (internal CD - not that powerful in PVE, but maybe enough in PVP - tactics would mean you use multi-hits to kill). One will let your fatigue prevent you from sliding into unconsciousness (magical or otherwise) (still live, still lose vitality, exponential increase, still die if you would die). One will reduce stun durations by 25-50%. Another for immobilize (25-50%). Another for mana regen Another for health regen. Another for concentration regen. Another for spirit regen. Another to reduce item wear by x%. Another to automatically stand you up. Another idea is rather than using passives, you could make these actives. Short lasting abilities (1 minute or so), relatively short cool downs (30 minutes or so), and they protect. And so on.

8. Origami blimps. Make the blimp, exhale blimp person and it flies to them and lands in their hand or at the feet.

9. Pastes. One you can rub on yourself to reduce stealth hindrance (dark). One you can throw at someone else to increase it (light). Maybe a pheromone paste to keep creatures from retreating while you're hiding.

10. Blow-up wade pools. Think humming rope, but as a blown up tub. Player craft-able. Only usable outdoors when it's raining. Essentially builds a room with a north/south option. Swimming. Depth depends on your humming.

11. More hiders. Hands, head, ears, jewelry (even if it's just rings). Also more types of hiders. Hide your shield until you block. Hide your weapon until it strikes something.

12. Face paints, the malicious kind. Stun, incapacitate, sleep something. Draw <x> on thing/person. Entering water washes it off.

13. Portable forges beyond the simucoin shop. They can be lower quality. Warrior mage device. Summons forges out of earth and fire.

14. Devices that reclaim deeds anywhere you are. Push deed into box, ingot pops out. Moon mage theme. Pops out of a small portal.

15. Player shadow servants. Quest quality. Holds less than a normal servant, and it looks different. More squire or butler. Delays between when it gets things as it runs back to it's vault.

16. Survey tool. It tells you what herbs you can forage in a specific room and if they're in or out of your skill rage at that moment. Very fast. Maybe it allows you to use a 1 second CD to see if items are foragable. Maybe another setting (perhaps the functional setting) to completely destroy a room's resources to force an immediate repop. Put a hefty 4-5 hour CD on it.

17. More bags. Bag of holding. Reduces weight, but at a risk of loss of the item. Crafting theme. Stackers such as for clerical bags. Larger comprehendiums that reduce item count.

18. Verby weapons. The kind that are verby when they land, so gore but not gore. Think a light thrown that shatters when it lands and then reforms itself. Maybe time-based magic. Actually have it create a shattered version, it returns to your hand good as new, and the old version fades out over time. A mages blade that flashes various colors based on the wielder or type of spell being prepared.

19. Mirror wardrobes. Think shadowsilk cloak, but you can customize the look by pointing it at someone else. It copies their look and hides everything you're wearing. Fades over time.

20. More cantrips. For example...
Traders pay a token fee. Summon an item registrar for a small amount of time/x items before they need to get more forms. Duplicate for thieves, but under the guise that they have forge the papers and hand them to their contact to plant.
Randomize basic colors on your gear. blue, red, green, etc... Nothing fancy. Changes them to others in the same color spectrum. Maybe require a reagent.
Add an aura (barbarian) that gives a glowy look to your description.

21. Dispenser weapons, no RT use. Thief dagger to turn a token amount of vitality into dirt. Clerics bludgeon to to condense spirit energy into oil. Ranger bow to make the next shot fired add life force to the room (theirs and the thing they hit).

22. Fake spells. Self-hiding magical item that let's you prep and cast a spell. Everyone sees you cast the spell, they see the effects of the spell, but you don't get the bonus. All intro spells.

23. A living container that can oversize itself temporarily or open wide to eat that one more item that couldn't fit.

24. Atmo items that follow the person. Think to the room description where you see "surrounded by a glowing aura" change that to "". Mechanically, you'd probably want to treat it as a no or low effect spell. So a mimic of Divine Radiance's "<clericname> who is radiating a glowing aura." becomes "<clericname> who is followed by a speedy turtle". Have the "turtle" do things periodically so long as it's on the person. I'm not sure which, but there are other spells that adjust aura, so I know they can work together or replace each other

25. Worn ritual items that activate automatically and without RT. Internal CD.
---
NaOH+HI
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:09 PM CST

I would love to see a verb that lets me clap my hands and jump with joy (or some such). In hindsight, I regret not submitting this as a dance clap verb idea...
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:40 PM CST

> I would love to see a verb that lets me clap my hands and jump with joy (or some such). In hindsight, I regret not submitting this as a dance clap verb idea...

A few other verbs I'd like to see.

> thank <person>
You: You thank <person>
Them: <player> thanks you.

> thank <person> for <thing>
You: You thank <person> for <thing>.
Them: <player> thanks you for <thing>.

> thank <person> for <thing> with (kronar|dokora|lirum)
(With coins)
You: You toss <person> a coin in gratitude for <thing>.
Them: <player> tosses you a <currency> coin in gratitude for <thing>. (currency is random based on what you have).

(without coins)
You: Your heart is in the right place, but you don't have any <currency> to give.
Them: <player> wants to thank you for <thing>, but they lack the coins to do so.

> threaten <person>
You: You threaten <person>.
Them: <player> threatens you.

Easter Eggs:

> Threaten <person> roar
You: You roar a threat at <person>
Them: <player> threatens you with a deafening roar.

> Threaten <person> guard <person2>
(if person2)
You: You stand beside <person2> and shake your head at <person>
Them: <player> stands beside <person2> and gives you a disapproving glare.

(if no person2)
You: You glare at <person> and prepare for battle
them: <player> tenses up and seems ready for your advance.

> Threaten <person> squint
You: With cold stare, you give <person> a slight shake of your head.
Them: <player> disapproves of your actions with a cold stare.

(if holding a weapon in one hand and nothing the other)
You: You give <person> a cold stare
Them: <player> gives you a cold stare while absent-mindedly tracing the outline of a <weaponnoun> with their hand.

Thief/Trader> Threaten <person> coin
You: Catching the eye of a burley gentleman in the crowd, you flash a coin and give a nod in <player's direction>.
Them: A burley gentleman steps uncomfortably close to you. Someone doesn't like what you're doing. (no player name).

Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 01:57 PM CST
Neat ideas. You might want to check out the expansions to PUNISH for your THREATEN idea, too! :)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 03:03 PM CST
It's not an item idea per se, but a verb that would let you show the tap and look of an item that you are holding to the room. (Those in the room would also be able to appraise the item.)

>showroom tonlet armor
Isharon shows everyone a luminous suit of tonlet armor with winged pauldrons. Stylized wings accented with blued moonsilver sweep back from the pauldrons, which are secured to the breastplate by twin gryphon heads. Gracing the otherwise unsullied breastplate is a winged Imperial star subtly inlaid in anlora-avtoma. The flutes of the armored skirt have been edged with icesteel feathers, creating an overall effect that is vaguely reminiscent of a gryphon's wings folded over its haunches.

Rationale: frequently after raffle wins or alteration sessions, multiple people ask to see the same item.

Caveats: There could be a cooldown timer for the use of this verb to prevent people from spamming the room with the lengthy descriptions of multiple items.

For documentation purposes, it would nice if you could MEASURE items (with your own yardstick) that were shown to you.

I'd also like a way (besides using an alt) to see how you look to others of the same race and to see how verbs look to third parties in the room.

Ideas I want to second:

>>Reaver1: ClimateWear/unlockables in general are kinda neat, I think, if you don't mind borrowing from Gemstone.

>>Thayet: So you could have kohl that replaced your eye shape with "kohl-rimmed" until you took it off. Or some lipstick that replaced your special feature with various things such as "lips painted a striking violet" or whatever. Races with scales or fur could have their own kinds of cosmetics, designed to suit their physiology and culture.

>>DR-Naohhi: 11. More hiders. Hands, head, ears, jewelry (even if it's just rings). Also more types of hiders. Hide your shield until you block. Hide your weapon until it strikes something.

>>DR-Naohhi: 16. Survey tool. It tells you what herbs you can forage in a specific room and if they're in or out of your skill rage at that moment. Very fast. Maybe it allows you to use a 1 second CD to see if items are foragable. Maybe another setting (perhaps the functional setting) to completely destroy a room's resources to force an immediate repop. Put a hefty 4-5 hour CD on it.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 03:36 PM CST
I want to be able to play Cards Against Humanity IG :)

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"

Train? Why? I'll get there eventually...
Re: Fun Idea Drive 11/17/2015 04:44 PM CST
>> I want to be able to play Cards Against Humanity IG :)

Like, 80% of the cards we came up with for our DR CAH game would get a vulgarity warning. :V

Maybe in TF...

Thayet
Prev_page Previous 1 3