1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page
Holy Weapon and Dying 12/27/2009 08:31 PM CST
Hi. I was wanting to get my holy weapon dyed, shop won't touch it, and a GM said no go on helping if the shop won't do it. So, my question is, if in the future I decide to get a different holy weapon, can I get it dyed FIRST, then do the quest, and it keep the dyed color?

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 04:58 AM CST
It's been posted in red before that making a weapon a holy weapon makes it very complicated in the code. Shops won't touch it, alterers won't go near it, etc etc. If theres something special you want done to the weapon, you need to get it done before you turn it holy.
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 10:33 AM CST
I heard every color other than pink works- might want to try a different hue.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 01:11 PM CST
>>I heard every color other than pink works- might want to try a different hue.

::snickers:: Glemmie, you just gave me an idee!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 02:57 PM CST
There is nothing wrong with pink swords.

Rev. Reene

"Politics is a simple game -- move a piece here, move a piece there -- except sometimes, the pieces bleed."
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 02:58 PM CST
Paladins don't use pink swords.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 02:59 PM CST
I love pink weapons for PvP. When I played my thief more, the pink ones were for poison.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:00 PM CST
Real warriors use pink swords.

You can take it up with miss Rajao and her peony pink cinquedea if you disagree.

Rev. Reene

"Politics is a simple game -- move a piece here, move a piece there -- except sometimes, the pieces bleed."
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:10 PM CST
I don't know who that is but consider it taken.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:20 PM CST
The real reason Glemm is advocating real soldiers use pink, is because that is his one true weakness.

Pink weapons destroy him.

-Master Ndin
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:21 PM CST
I meant why they don*'*t use pink.

-Master Ndin
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:27 PM CST
Pureblade wore a pink dress, and Glemm wore a yellow one right after Sorrow's war. I saw it.

Moving stealthily, you manage to grab a fur muff right from underneath the seamstress Marcipur's very nose.
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:34 PM CST
::snickers:: I have a tog pallie in purple britches in Prime. Now I HAVE to get her a pink broadsword or bastie! Or even greatsword!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/28/2009 03:45 PM CST
<<Pureblade wore a pink dress, and Glemm wore a yellow one right after Sorrow's war. I saw it.>>

That was my post-war celebration "kilt".

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Holy Weapon and Dying 12/29/2009 07:02 PM CST
My first set of special armor was a set of Massive plate from dirge I had dyed Plum. I liked it but all my friends called me the grape Paladin for months.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Has something changed with Holy Weapons? 02/10/2010 05:00 AM CST
Maybe I am imagining it, but did the number of charges that a holy weapon contains increase? Yes I am aware that they increase with charisma and circle, but I feel like I am noticing a large increase. I have never tried counting charges, but hunting the Lyras undead which is basicly nonstop, the sheer length of time it is lasting seems far longer then before.

Is this just me?
Re: Has something changed with Holy Weapons? 02/16/2010 09:12 AM CST
I've noticed this too actually

Holy Weapon elanthipedia page 03/03/2010 06:28 PM CST
I was tired of looking at the old page so I moved the old Holy Weapon article and started a (hopefully) more informative one on elanthipedia. It's missing quite a bit of information yet, so check it out and update as you see fit. Hopefully nothing is blatantly wrong.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Holy_Weapon

--garawul (plat)
Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/21/2010 01:49 PM CDT
When we run out our holy weapon completely of charges, requiring us to recharge our weapon twice... could we consider instead of the holy part of the weapon being "turned off" and us having to recharge that specific weapon turning it back on... could we instead holify a differant weapon?

We could still only have one holy weapon... but if we completely run it out... the weapon could just be normalized again. All the Holy weapon "GMcodescriptstuff" could be in the ritual/glyph instead of permanently tied to a physical item...

This would allow us to change our holy weapon without destroying the last, allow us to change our preference of weapon training without having to give up the benefit of a holy weapon if it doesn't fit into our current training regiment, and help greatly with "My Holy Weapon Disapeered!" occurances.

I like the idea of the special bond we have with our holy weapon... but I feel the power should be in the Paladin... not in the weapon.

I suggest we be allowed to hold whichever weapon we choose when we pay proper homage, and let the power of the Gods be channeled into it.
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/21/2010 02:54 PM CDT
This may or may not be relevant to your request, but we do have the ability to change our HW once per RL year via a puzzle.

P.S. I do not have a HW because of the lack of charging options, so I have nothing to offer except the FYI above on your suggestion.

Madigan
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/22/2010 04:32 AM CDT
While I wish there were more areas to charge the weapon (One per province at the least, more options would be better), I do like the fact that they're special weapons. I think it's nice the GM's gave us the chance to change once per year, but what you're describing is basically the bless spell, just as a paladin ability instead of a cleric spell. I think they should stay as they are in respect to the permanency of the weapon.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/22/2010 09:28 AM CDT
<<This may or may not be relevant to your request, but we do have the ability to change our HW once per RL year via a puzzle.

Which destroys your HW. What he is asking for would equate to having a way to change HW without losing the previous one. I'd jump on that to keep options open. It'd be nice to invest in a high end forged weapon that you wouldn't lose if you ever wanted to change.

BAILOUTS
From each according to his ability, to each according to his lack thereof.
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/22/2010 10:47 AM CDT
For the reasons that Celeres posted, I am opposed to being able to change the weapon on demand. I like that the current limitations (on changing holy weapons) require players to put some thought into which weapon they choose.

However, I think that the holy weapon system could use some improvement. What I would most like to see is the removal of the penalty for allowing your weapon to run out of charges. Currently, if you allow the weapon to run out of charges, it has to be recharged twice before you can use it again. It takes five minutes to recharge the weapon, and there is a one-hour timer between rechargings. If you make the mistake of using the weapon between those two rechargings, you have to start over.

This, combined with the scarcity of recharging locations, is an onerous system that discourages Paladins from using their holy weapons. (Who wants to count charges while hunting?) In my opinion, holy weapons should only require one recharging before being fully usable. Holy weapons that have run out of charges would continue to function as standard weapons until they are recharged.

Like Celeres, I would also like to see more recharging locations and/or a release of additional portable recharging icons.

Lastly, I think that the holy weapon changing quest (which can be done once every 365 days) should not destroy the previous weapon. This would allow Paladins to use special weapons without worrying about losing them if they decide to change their holy weapons later.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/22/2010 11:11 AM CDT
<<Which destroys your HW. What he is asking for would equate to having a way to change HW without losing the previous one. I'd jump on that to keep options open. It'd be nice to invest in a high end forged weapon that you wouldn't lose if you ever wanted to change.

Gotcha. Didn't know you lost your previous weapon.

Madigan
Re: Suggestion: Holy Weapon- Changing weapons 06/23/2010 05:26 PM CDT
I have always liked the importance of the weapon chosen for us to bond with and make holy. It's one of those rare instances where RP and Game come together to add value(or lessen) the overallness of a Charicter. I can see how it would be akin to bless if the option to change the weapon was available every time it ran out of charges,although a journey to the proper places to renew would be required.

I have a unique weapon for my holy weapon and combined with the fact that I've been backtraining other weapons, made me miss the roars and cries of justice I so enjoy while destroying the denizens of the unrightous.

It would be great if we could change our holy weapon once an Elanthian year instead of once a RL year and if it didnt destroy the weapon. Pending changes to combat can make oneself doubtful over their choice of Holy weapon.

How about holy armor? changes the description and improves one stat catagory on a piece of armor dependent upon which god you hold most favor with. Would stay with you upon departing so we no longer have to fear a world with naked paladins running to their warded graves...

puncture slice impact fire ice electricity impacts and absorbs, movement hinderance, stealth hinderance and durability... thas 13 stat catagories to match up with the 13 Gods. Um... make those other "Gods" effect weight or something.

Durability 2.0: Repairing Holy Weapons 10/11/2010 01:24 AM CDT
For those of you with Holy Weapons or bonded weapons, you cannot GIVE [NPC] to order the repair. However, you can ASK [NPC] ABOUT REPAIRING ALL, and he'll repair your weapon if it's damaged.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Durability 2.0: Repairing Holy Weapons 10/11/2010 08:31 AM CDT
Nice catch. Thanks for putting that information out.

Madigan
COZ and Holy Weapons 02/10/2011 10:05 PM CST
In a spar tonight I noticed Holy Weapons are able to be cursed by clerics HOZ spell. I wanted to make the suggestion that a Holy Weapon should automaticly be immune to it (any weapon with RUE cast is immune, but Holy Weapon should be even without RUE). Its a very minor perk, but IMO one that makes sense. So if you are poking around in Holy Weapon code Dart, thats a nice small suggestion (I hope you are poking around there).

Also, a side not, a bug with COZ, I noticed I can detect the curse on my armor when I perceive it, but I cannot detect it on a weapon when I perceive it (when I know its cursed). Not sure if this is a Paladin bug, or general COZ bug or what.
Holy Weapons 06/27/2011 08:42 PM CDT
Forgive me if I have anything wrong but I'm trying to think a little ahead here: When making a holy weapon, if the weapon is swappable HE/2HE, will it work on the entire weapon (both forms)?
1 2 3 4 6 Next Next_page