Prev_page Previous 1 3
Simucon 03/19/2004 01:03 PM CST
Which of you punks are coming to simucon this year?

-Heiu
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 01:26 PM CST
I'm still undecided.

Daxy

Prowling over the fields, brandishing a studded crowbar, cometh Kill The Goblin!! And she gives an ominous cry:

"I'm going to brutalize you until you're bright blue!!!"
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 01:56 PM CST
I aint a punk!

I'll be there..

- Smeg

> ask esuin about advancing
The guild leader says, "Not yet, not yet, things are not yet prepared for the challenge that you must pass in order to advance beyond this point. Come back another time."
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 02:07 PM CST
<<I aint a punk! >>

Yes you are.

<<I'll be there..>>

Better be!

- Heiu
The guild leader says, "You too? Some other scrub just asked me that, but things are not yet prepared for the challenge that you must pass in order to advance beyond this point. Come back another time."
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 02:08 PM CST
>> ask esuin about advancing
>The guild leader says, "You too? Some other scrub just asked me that, but things are not yet prepared for the challenge that you must pass in order to advance beyond this point. Come back another time."

You know my signature is a subtle yet constant reminder that we haven't seen much development in 2 years!

- Smeg

The guild leader says, "Not yet, not yet, things are not yet prepared for the challenge that you must pass in order to advance beyond this point. Come back another time."
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 02:23 PM CST
<<You know my signature is a subtle yet constant reminder that we haven't seen much development in 2 years!>>

No it isn't. If it was subtle then maybe it could be. But it's as subtle as ITAINTATANG's new avatar.

Point was made and taken a long time ago. ;)

-Heiu
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 02:52 PM CST
>No it isn't. If it was subtle then maybe it could be. But it's as subtle as ITAINTATANG's new avatar.

Yes, it is about as subtle as a brick to the head... that's what I was saying.

You know.. I should probably say what I mean more often <grins>

- Smeg

Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 03:39 PM CST
It's not a Mod-related post, but I feel obligated to point out that there's a small chance I may go to Simucon.

For me it's a matter of if spending $300+ in expenses is worth the ability to drop by the Cleric meeting and socialize. Socialize with my fist!

What'd you expect? Let's be honest here -- the only reason I'd go to Simucon in the first place is to get my revenge. Served cold; cold like a klondike bar. Or a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Or my fist!

And now a brief Q&A session:
- "You can't be serious! Are you joking?" Teehee!
- "I've been told that you're weak and frail, like a monkey. A monkey that's past its prime." There are other ways of getting revenge. I have some chloraform that I've been meaning to put to good use, and I trust the hotels used for Simucon have bathtubs and ice dispensers.
- "That's not funny!" It is to me.
- "But, Iledemus, I thought you loved us!" I do, snugglebears. I wub aww of yew. I just wub the money I'd get from illicitly trading your organs more.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, if you think you really need your lungs -- pansies), like I mentioned above, the chances of me going are super-ultra-duper-slim, so don't go cancelling your reservations yet.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

I have a black belt in selling your livers,
Iledemus
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 04:09 PM CST
>I have a black belt in selling your livers<

Okay, it's settled, then. You're going to be the bouncer at the door!

On another note, I felt last year's meeting was way too short. We were only allowed like..what...30 minutes? This year, hopefully, we can organize an additional, informal meeting where we can meet and talk some more. After I get a peek at the con schedule, I'll talk to Heiu and we'll see what we can come up with.

Zab
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 04:14 PM CST
I'll be there.

Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 05:07 PM CST
<<Socialize with my fist!>>

Y'know, I got pulled aside and questioned at my first 'Con because of a comment made that was similar to this. It just cracks me up to see staff threatening players, instead of the other way around.

Drongol's Player, still not paying $300 for a fight.

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 09:17 PM CST
Iledmus, you're a strange dude. Reading your posts is like watching a Family Guy and Futurama episode combined.
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 10:20 PM CST
I'm working out plans for a shipment of Iscarious dolls to be sold at the convention.

RP Uber Alles,
~I.B.
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 10:34 PM CST
>But it's as subtle as ITAINTATANG's new avatar.

THING! Though TANG does sound more ghetto fabulous.

I'm glad you noticed, though. It's really not supposed to be offensive or anything, so I hope you aren't taking it as a personal jab. It's not your fault. <3

Zang! Who is that, prowling across the tarmac! It is Luty, hands clutching two hardened pitas! And with an ominous grunt, her voice cometh:
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

http://bdmonkeys.net/~chaz/battle.php
Re: Simucon 03/19/2004 11:42 PM CST
>>On another note, I felt last year's meeting was way too short. We were only allowed like..what...30 minutes? This year, hopefully, we can organize an additional, informal meeting where we can meet and talk some more. After I get a peek at the con schedule, I'll talk to Heiu and we'll see what we can come up with.<<

Way back when Saesealm was our GM. (I can't seem to remember her GM name at the moment) She set up an informal meeting as a long breakfast. Though she was not a drinker, so maybe a lunch or better yet a dinner would be better. hehe

I think that I may be there if i stick around. Give me a month or so to decide.

For now...
Bortwin, The Short
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 12:48 AM CST
I'd go, but I'm freaking FROZEN IN PLACE.

That and I heard the event was gonna be non-alchoholic.

-Deagol
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 01:01 AM CST
How's the arctic hole anyway?

Insert cunning wit.
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 06:25 AM CST
>Which of you punks are coming to simucon this year?

>-Heiu

Easy, tiger.

I'll be there (my one and only cameo in St. Louis, so if you aren't coming to SimuCon this year, you're going to have come to VegasCon in order to watch me get drunk & make a general ass of myself).

Father Ainandil

Nickels says, "We're glad pictures not."
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 06:33 AM CST
My husband and I are both going to simucon. Although we are both plat players, we have been playing in TF for the last six months or so.

Tanz, Tweedle, and husband Fyrestomph, Firesoul
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 06:41 AM CST
<<Which of you punks are coming to simucon this year?

-Heiu>>

I have never been to a Con. Don't have plans to go to this one either. SIMU gets enough of my money already and the return on investment as a cleric traditionally hasn't been very high. I will save up my money for SGM bribes.

Lagerby
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 08:30 AM CST
Marrkie and I wont be there either, its hard for him to get the time off and to be honest I envision my vacation time laying on the beach and sippin some exotic drink with a lil umbrella on it.

~Entyycement
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 11:34 AM CST
>>How's the arctic hole anyway?

Just like that sounds.

-Deagol
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 08:57 PM CST
Myself and a few friends have decided to meet there 'during' the Con, but not attend so much as to hang around the fringe. That way we avoid the seminars and such we're not really interested in, but get to meet people. Also nice to avoid the fee for going. Makes a lot more sense for me.

Grasi's Player
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 09:05 PM CST
>Myself and a few friends have decided to meet there 'during' the Con, but not attend so much as to hang around the fringe. That way we avoid the seminars and such we're not really interested in, but get to meet people. Also nice to avoid the fee for going. Makes a lot more sense for me.

>Grasi's Player

Half the fun is watching a belligerent [I can't use this word on the Prime boards] argue with GMs until he's a)shouted down b)given a beer.

You're going to miss out. If you're local, shell out the two-fifty to have coffee with Bubba and troll the Paladin Guild meeting (I'm still depressed about VegasCon -- I didn't know Steph had gone GM, sigh) or sit in the MM Guild & laugh when they complain.

Or sit in the Empath Guild meeting and get some perspective.

BTW.

Empaths are 95% chicks. Not all of 'em are married or over 31 & four months.

Yeah. And they're all going to be drunk. Do the math, gang.

Father Ainandil

Nickels says, "We're glad pictures not."
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 10:30 PM CST
Wow, I'd love to go. I love cons, especially when I get to meet people I know from online.

BUT... $250 just for the con, and that's before hotel or travelling halfway across the country? ouch. Even if I wasn't next to broke (no, I can't technically afford to be playing DR, thank you for asking)... I'm used to cons costing me $20-$40 for the cover charge. Sooo, that's a big no.

Why exactly is it that much?

Keladra
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 10:38 PM CST
>Empaths are 95% chicks.

An even higher percentage comprises their renown scroll. I think like one guy is on it. The rest are names like "Starflutters Gigglzalot" et al. The guild is kind of Amazonian in nature... I'm usually a little surprised whenever I see a guy empath. Sissies. (Note for the overly sensitive: I love empaths, don't beat me. Thx.)

Zang! Who is that, prowling across the tarmac! It is Luty, hands clutching two hardened pitas! And with an ominous grunt, her voice cometh:
"Ares, God of War, be praised! I hereby snap and go berzerk!!!"

http://bdmonkeys.net/~chaz/battle.php
Re: Simucon 03/20/2004 10:40 PM CST
Somehow the word sissy doesn't quite describe Tilry.

Telynn
Re: Simucon 03/21/2004 08:42 AM CST
Nor Trep

~Entyycement
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 06:22 AM CST
<<THING! Though TANG does sound more ghetto fabulous.>>

Bah.. Shoulda been Thang.

<<I'm glad you noticed, though. It's really not supposed to be offensive or anything, so I hope you aren't taking it as a personal jab. It's not your fault. <3 >>

Heh... I wasn't offended in the least. I found it to be a very amusing way to show your opinion.

Heiu
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 07:18 AM CST
Vytoria and I will be there.

Euph
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 11:58 AM CST

You had better keep a close eye on your pencil.

>On another note, I felt last year's meeting was way too short. We were only allowed like..what...30 minutes? This year, hopefully, we can organize an additional, informal meeting where we can meet and talk some more. After I get a peek at the con schedule, I'll talk to Heiu and we'll see what we can come up with.

It was a bit short, but if you're going to be planning stuff like that make sure you let us know beforehand... please? Some of us live here and only go to the hotel when there's a meeting, etc. going on.

>I'd go, but I'm freaking FROZEN IN PLACE. ~Deagol

Then don't come, you'd MELT!

Bambina

>I really wasn't going to charge anyone for raising. Just expect them to be polite and well-mannered. But even THAT suggestion was met with a lot of antagonism from the heathen end. ~Sorenne
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 04:24 PM CST
There's no way I could afford to go, although I'd love to sometime ... not to mention dragging Crym's player with me. We'd once planned on going to Vegascon together, but that so didn't work out.

>The guild is kind of Amazonian in nature... I'm usually a little surprised whenever I see a guy empath. Sissies. (Note for the overly sensitive: I love empaths, don't beat me. Thx.)

Hey, Dio resembles that remark. Well, he's actually a pretty tough battle empath ... I just can not figure out how he manages to swish in heavy plate.

Dio, player of
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 04:57 PM CST
I remember going to help a deader in a hunting area and Tilry there too. Cracked me up when the unknowing hunters would guard him. Their heart was in the right place and all and he never said anything to them either.

And to keep on topic, no, can't go. Too much work and family and not enough money.

Telynn
Re: Simucon 03/22/2004 07:09 PM CST
>It was a bit short, but if you're going to be planning stuff like that make sure you let us know beforehand... please? Some of us live here and only go to the hotel when there's a meeting, etc. going on.<

I'll try to give as much notice as I can. I'll know more, of course, when I see the schedule. Then Heiu and I will put our heads together and figure out when the best time might be.

Zab
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 09:42 AM CST

I'll be there!

~Taffei____
A Great Cleric Elder : You do, of course, realize that dying is the wrong thing to do in combat, right?
http://www.taffeisjournal.com
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 11:19 AM CST
<<I'll be there!>>
<<~Taffei>>

::groan::
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 11:42 AM CST
I wont. you're safe.

-Grid

I say stay long enough to repay all who cause strife.- Alice in Chains "Sludge Factory"
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 05:35 PM CST
Of course it wouldn't be SimuCon without Taffei being there. <hopes for an Olvi meet and greet>

Umatos

It's not pretty when a web server cries.
And you just keep on making unreasonable requests!
Just because I'm a web server, and possibly a manic depressive one at that?
Why does that give you the right to tell me what to do?
Explain that then?
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 07:24 PM CST
>>hopes for an Olvi meet and greet> Umatos

Oh! Me too!

::runs off to find someone to nag::

~Taffei____
A Great Cleric Elder : You do, of course, realize that dying is the wrong thing to do in combat, right?
Re: Simucon 03/23/2004 07:26 PM CST
<<I'll be there!>>
<<~Taffei>>

>>::groan:: Heiu

Awww He wuvs me.

~Taffei____
Prev_page Previous 1 3