1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 09:25 AM CDT
<<Second- is this your first child?>>

Third. But first girl... and girls are weird.

<<If it is, I suspect you don't realize how much this event is likely to disrupt your life for at least a year. When my daughter was born, I only had time to play DR on those nights when my daughter was waking up so often, or just wouldn't go back to sleep, so I would have her sitting on my lap at 4 a.m. while I played. I don't have any regrets, because even though I was tired, my time with my daughter and wife were far more important than my time in DR.>>

Heh. They are definitely a handfull, but you are correct.... very worth it. I am very very proud of my two boys.

<<Oh and there was that job thing. I don't know your job situation, nor your real life situation, but very selfishly, I am concerned whether you will really have any energy left to devote to DR, and wonder whether your attention might well be very legitimately diverted to your new family.>>

My attention will be diverted there... but it is a matter of priorities. In order to keep the things that are important to me I drop off a few others. I've made adjustments to allow me to continue in my job as a GM whole-heartedly. My table-top gaming friends don't like you guys too much right now.

<<But in two months I fear that you will be largely lost to us, and that anything that has not been completed and released by that time will linger on for a great deal of time.>>

I doubt seriously that Mia will keep from from DR more now than she did for the month of pregnancy hell. I have already begun making a re-entry into doing serious work again.

-Heiu
Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 09:35 AM CDT
>girls are weird.

Amen, brother.

~Darthiel

Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 11:29 AM CDT
> and girls are weird.

Sure are. Smartest move I ever made in my life was to give up on 'em entirely except at work, where it doesn't count. <g>

Dio, player of
Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 11:40 AM CDT
> and girls are weird.

Weird, but more intriguing. Conversations around the house won't be limited to "pull my finger".

Daxy
Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 12:42 PM CDT
>>>Conversations around the house won't be limited to "pull my finger".>>>

Girls can speak? Must be a non-SoCal thing.

GV
Re: Simucon 07/08/2004 03:46 PM CDT
>Conversations around the house won't be limited to "pull my finger".

Oddly enough, no one in my dorm has ever said that. More like 'converstations wouldn't be limited to 'Oh, nice one man' or 'Dear lord what have you been eating' or 'There's someone at the door.....There's no one at the door is there?'

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=schlep
Re: Simucon 07/09/2004 03:39 AM CDT
>>>'There's someone at the door.....<<<

You seem to have forgotten the ever popular lets talk about how i feel about someone maybe being at the door.thats my favorite.But since i gave up on girls when i was like six i dont have as many issues as i used to.
Re: Simucon 07/09/2004 08:46 AM CDT
>lets talk about how i feel ...

If you're talking about girls you can cut this line right here. <snort>

>thats my favorite.

You're weird.

>i dont have as many issues as i used to.

You just have different ones.

Dio, player of
Unofficial Simucon 04/06/2006 02:36 PM CDT
Hey, all I just wanted to give you a heads up that even though Simucon was officially cancelled; we are still having an unofficial one. This will be a player run event taking place the Sheraton Westport Chalet. For those who normally come this is the same hotel as normal. Here is some information you need to sign up.

First
The dates are June 23-25th
The registration cost is $26 dollars (lowest I have ever seen it)
The hotel cost is $99 per room for up to 4 people.
Registration for the Hotel Rooms and Uncon ends May 26, 2006

Now you will be able to pay at the door and that cost is $50 dollars per ticket so sign up early to avoid paying almost double.

The website to sign up is http://www.play.net/simucon/unofficial/

It has all of the hotel information and everything else you need.

We hope to see you ALL there!!

Disclaimer:
This is a player-sponsored and run real world gathering. Simutronics is providing the sign up mechanism for this event to aid in the registration process. This event is not being sponsored by Simutronics Corporation. Sign up and attend at your own risk. Simutronics Corporation cannot be held liable for any guarantees or charges made in conjunction with this event.
1 3 Next Next_page