Prev_page Previous 1 3
Tampa 07/09/2004 06:52 PM CDT
hey!
i'm in the university of south florida area.
fondly refered to as "suitcase city". gonna
look in every now and agian to see what's
goin' on. from the sounds of it i just missed
one in my backyard.

greg/the mind behind abolof skeef

" Set your goals in life low and revel in your mediocrity "
Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbs "
Re: Tampa 07/10/2004 07:38 AM CDT
Indeed you did, Abolof. With any luck - another get-together is right around the corner. Beware!

~Chris, player of Field Medic Nimmi

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege. - Unknown
Tampa Bay Gathering 08/17/2004 09:15 AM CDT
Well folks, it is that time again.

I will be organizing our next Tampa Bay area DR folks gathering. Any who play DR are welcome, even if you do not exactly live here.

If Beth gets her ass down here she can come too ;]

The plans are up in the air. I was thinking some sort of park/BBQ thing. With the 14 folks that showed last time, Barnes % Noble was less than impressed with us.

So we could take over a park instead, or any other idea you guys have. Malls, Parks, Chilis, what?

Share folks, gimme yer ideas.

Lt. Maxxwel Lightish of the Zoluren Phoenix

The Zoluren Phoenix is recruiting. Contact me at MaxxwelDR to find out how to join us.
Re: Tampa Bay Gathering 08/18/2004 08:47 PM CDT
<<I'm still in RI!!>>

<<~Beth>>

Well - fix it! We always like having lots of people at our gatherings! Make for fun times. Besides - Maxx likes it more when the women outnumber the men attending.

Tampa Bay Gathering? 08/22/2004 05:39 PM CDT
Tampa Bay is about an hour and a half from me. When is the gathering going to be?

Thanks!

Player Behind Lorwryn
Re: Tampa Bay Gathering? 08/23/2004 07:10 AM CDT
Hmmm...

On second thought, I have run two of these and do not feel like organizing a third.

So if you folks want it, I wanna come, but I do not wish to organize it. Passing the torch to whoever will take it...

Lt. Maxxwel Lightish of the Zoluren Phoenix

The Zoluren Phoenix is recruiting. Contact me at MaxxwelDR to find out how to join us.
Re: Tampa Bay Gathering? 08/23/2004 10:31 AM CDT
Not me! Nothing goes right when I plan things. If I plan it - no one would show up, there'd be a natural disaster that would wipe out the meeting place, small animals would wind up getting hurt and everyone would blame me. I don't plan.

Tampa area gathering. 10/23/2004 03:22 PM CDT
I've seen a few ideas bandied around, but the one thats almost stuck me is a simple gathering and follow it up with food. Most enjoyable way to meet people in any kind of quantity I've found, so I figure we'll go with it. So, onto the specifics...

Nov 20th, lets all gather at the Barnes & Noble (213 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) Just north of Kennedy on Dale Mabry. I'll be there roughly 5pm, and then at 6pm we'll adjurn across the street to the Hop's (401 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) For a chance to kick back and relax a bit.

Hope to see you there.

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Tampa area gathering. 10/23/2004 03:57 PM CDT
I suppose this means I'm going too? :)

~Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 10/23/2004 07:20 PM CDT
if anyone is going that way from orlando i coudl ride with or i get the fan sensor fixed on my car i would be interested in going myself

Thorn
Re: Tampa area gathering. 10/28/2004 07:10 AM CDT
Eh, I'll risk ticking off the poor staff and B&N(I'll even buy a book so I've a honest reason to be there muahaha). Makes a easy target for folks, and don't have to worry about losing people in a crowd or anything. We'll just have to make a point of heading to the resturant when a good crowd shows up, and not start the party at the cafe.

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Tampa area gathering. 10/28/2004 09:46 AM CDT
What would be wrong with meeting at a mall food court or something similar?

I go to B&N a lot and if I was trying to read, and our group was there, I would not have been exactly happy. We were not "partying" but we did take up a third of the limited cafe seating and merely talking made a lot of noise.

If someone were to ask what group we are, I would not want to give the impression that all DR players do not care about the affect we have on our surrounding company.

Of course, I am not the one planning this one. It is what everyone decided to show up to really, I just felt that we were, unintentionally, rude in the last gathering at B&N. I never expected everyone to show up. The gathering I planned before the last has 12 confirmed and 4 show. 20 confirmed and 18 show was a huge shock. =P
Re: Tampa area gathering. 10/29/2004 10:02 AM CDT
Do any of you play teh warlord card game? i plan on trying to attend, and if some of you do i might bring my cards. If you dont play it you should check it out its based of the d20 system. and has a d&d feel to it
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/06/2004 10:24 PM CST
ok so any date yet for the florida tampa or where ever gahering?
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/07/2004 04:31 AM CST
>>>I've seen a few ideas bandied around, but the one thats almost stuck me is a simple gathering and follow it up with food. Most enjoyable way to meet people in any kind of quantity I've found, so I figure we'll go with it. So, onto the specifics...

>>>Nov 20th, lets all gather at the Barnes & Noble (213 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) Just north of Kennedy on Dale Mabry. I'll be there roughly 5pm, and then at 6pm we'll adjurn across the street to the Hop's (401 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) For a chance to kick back and relax a bit.

>>>Hope to see you there.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/15/2004 05:59 PM CST
how many ppl are going to the tampa gathering? any idea on confirmed yet?
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 06:56 AM CST
Confirmed to me last count is... 9, with a few maybes as well.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 09:02 AM CST
I am a maybe. I want to go, but I may be in the process of sleeping up for WoW release.
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 11:48 AM CST
There should be 2 TFers there if the fallen are welcome that is
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 05:17 PM CST
Of course TFers are welcome!

~Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 05:19 PM CST
More the merrier when it comes to the TF types. As for havin to sleep up for WoW, thats what caffeen is for ;)

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/16/2004 05:43 PM CST
you still have my aim? gimme a yell when ya can and i'll work out details with ya if ya got the time
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/18/2004 12:14 PM CST
I'll be there as well.

-Heiu
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/18/2004 04:33 PM CST
unfortunately i dont think i will make ti my car just isnt cooperating no way it'll make it to tamp from orlando right now hop eya'll have a blast tho wish i coulda made it to oen where mreo than just me and 1 other person showed up grins
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/19/2004 10:28 AM CST
so what time and place again? and its this saturday right?
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/19/2004 03:29 PM CST
>>Nov 20th, lets all gather at the Barnes & Noble (213 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) Just north of Kennedy on Dale Mabry. I'll be there roughly 5pm, and then at 6pm we'll adjurn across the street to the Hop's (401 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) For a chance to kick back and relax a bit.<<

Garelith

Dead men have no victory.
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/19/2004 03:34 PM CST
<<Nov 20th, lets all gather at the Barnes & Noble (213 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) Just north of Kennedy on Dale Mabry. I'll be there roughly 5pm, and then at 6pm we'll adjurn across the street to the Hop's (401 N DALE MABRY HWY, TAMPA, FL 33609) For a chance to kick back and relax a bit.>>

There ya go. There should be at least a couple of us there to look for at 5 (since I'll be driving Samsaren there.) Samsaren will be the tall guy with black hair and a white/black button up dragon shirt and blue jeans...I will be in blue jeans and a red shirt, most likely. =) Last count - had 12 confirmed and a couple maybes.

~Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/19/2004 03:41 PM CST
Wow, with the both of ya around, I get to save a LOT of keystrokes....

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/19/2004 09:02 PM CST
I Play Robkin(Barbarian), out on Aesry for a while now, not sure if anyone knows me but if I can make it tomorrow I will try. It all depends if I can finish some stuff in time. I live in Kissimmee.

Robkin/Rob
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/20/2004 05:01 AM CST
More the merrier, come on down.

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
Re: Tampa area gathering. 11/20/2004 07:37 PM CST
Well, thanks for all who came, I dunno about the rest of you, but I certainly had a blast. Getting the private room to eat was just awesome as well. Keep safe all, twas a pleasure.

Samsaren Remlane/Chris
Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/23/2004 06:24 PM CST
Okay, well we had soooo much fun last weekend and Hops was so great to let us have that room that I thought we ought to try to have a holiday gathering!

We can book that room at Hops, reserve it just for us, if we move fast! :D We can have the room for free, the only stipulation is that they want us to order food of the menu. No big deal, right?

So, before I call them and settle on a date, is everyone up for a Holiday party? We could do the infamous White Elephant exchange and be just generally "holiday cheerful"!

(And I promise to drag Heiu along again!)

~The mind behind the Valquesta
Re: Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/23/2004 08:07 PM CST
Sounds fun! I vote for Saturday, Dec. 11th! And .. white elephant rocks!

~Chris
Re: Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/24/2004 05:52 AM CST
I'm game.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/24/2004 07:03 AM CST
I am down if i am in tampa that weekend wth is a white elephant
Re: Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/24/2004 08:02 AM CST
White elephant is a holiday game that involves fun! What you do...is bring a gift (price ranges are sometimes given like - bring a ten to fifteen dollar gift). If 15 people bring a gift, you write the numbers 1 - 15 on pieces of paper and put them in a hat (or bucket, etc). Everyone draws a number. Then, you go in order from 1 - 15. Person number one chooses any gift (wrap your gifts). They open it and ooh and ah. Then, person number two has the option of taking person number ones gift (and then person 1 chooses another gift) or choosing an entirely new gift. Person number three then has the option of choosing either person number 1 or person number 2's gift or selecting a new gift. If person number 3 takes person number 1's gift...Person number 1 can then choose someone elses gift or a new one. Everyone goes in order, and then person number 1 takes the final turn by either choosing to keep the gift they have...or swapping with someone. It ends there.

Some common rules are:
1) No trading back in the same turn. (ie - I take your gift, you can't turn around and take mine - you must choose someone elses or an entirely new gift.)
2) A single item can not change hands more than 5 times in a single round. (so you can't have multiple people perpetually trading gifts in a single round..it ends after someone takes it the fifth time.)
3) Some people play that once you have an item 3 times...it's yours for good and can't be taken. Personally...unless there's a HUGE number of people...I don't care for that rule as it eliminates options too quickly so I generally play whatever you get.

I think that about covers it. Of course...if we do this - we will give you the price limit of the gift and let you know to bring it wrapped and we'll go over the rules once gathered.

~Chris
Re: Tampa Holiday Gathering 11/24/2004 09:08 AM CST
I'm game for another gathering. I had tons of fun last time and I thought everyone was great. Though, if we play this game I sense a few hours being spent at a store oogling stuff coming on. Not that that's a bad thing.

Alisha/Siduire s'Elevi
Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 11/24/2004 11:33 AM CST
Obviously you don't have to be from Tampa to join us, but you do have to get to Tampa!

December 11 we're meeting at the Hops at 327 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. - 2 Blocks N. of Kennedy on the Southwest Corner of Grey St. (If you are heading north it will be on the right and if you are heading south it will be on the left!)

We have a private room reserved just for us from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Depending on if they need the room or not, we might be able to stay longer if we so choose. We have the room for free, but the stipulation is that they ask that everyone order food from the menu, so bring your appetite!

I'd like to keep a talley of everyone that is going to try to be there. Just in case we go over the room limit, I want enough time to change venues. :) Drop me a line at valquesta@yahoo.com to let me know, even if you aren't 100% sure.

Okay, so rules for the White Elephant:

Bring a wrapped gift with you. It should cost no more than $10, but no less than $5. (You could very well end up stuck with whatever you buy, so keep that in mind when you shop) Ideally, the gift will be as gender neutral as possible.

I'll explain the rules of how to play that night.

(If you just can't get a gift to bring along, but really want to participate, drop me an email and we'll work something out)
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 11/25/2004 10:01 PM CST
again i would love to come but cant drive my car that far so unless i can get a ride there or borrow a friends car for that weekend dont know if i can make it or not will keep tryin tho

coughs orlando gathering cough cough

grins innocently
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 11/25/2004 11:32 PM CST
>>coughs orlando gathering cough cough<<

That cough sounds kinda bad, you should get something for it. We have some pretty good pharmacies down here in Tampa. So put a spark plug under your pillow and hope the Auto Mechanic Fairy comes to fix your car so you can make it here.

Paul/Garelith

Dead men have no victory.
Prev_page Previous 1 3