Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 11/27/2004 06:30 PM CST
heh yea i dont think the auto fairy does head gaskets even the mechanic didnt look to happy about it even if i had had the cash fer it chuckles
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/10/2004 04:09 PM CST
Okay, it's tomorrow night and at this point I have 8 of us pretty sure we'll be there and one very slight maybe. If anyone knows of someone planning to be there that isn't on the list below, could you either let me know here or email me at valquesta@yahoo.com? Thanks!

So far I know of:

Me, Valquesta, of course
GM Heiu
Garelith
Nilme
Nilme's other half, of whom I do not have a character name
Nimmi
Samsaren
Siduire

And Elavin is a slim maybe. :)

Anyone else?
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/11/2004 06:39 AM CST
ahh i was going to go but seeing as how things always find a way to get worse looks liek i will be busy moving out cause i was dumb enough to work for family again heh. work 3 jobs and still ran out of time well would liek to take this chance to say bye to everyone and all and hope ya holidays go well and hope to see ya'll again oen day sorry i managed to miss every gatherign that anyone else came to heh be safe all and take ti easy
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/11/2004 06:42 AM CST
Heh, I'm Siduire's ride, so I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

Chris/ Svidran
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/11/2004 12:33 PM CST
As some kind of 'kin' to Svidran and Siduire, think I"ll be there too, bringing the 'gentle giant' I live with as well, even though he doesnt enter the realms,he's always up for a good meal and good comapany, so count me in as two!
Janet/Gormla
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/11/2004 09:06 PM CST
It was a good time tonight. Thanks to everyone who came and thanks for the concern about us when we were late. :) It's good to have friends so close.

Debi/Valquesta
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/12/2004 12:15 PM CST
Let me know when the next one is being held! I wanted to go, but after graduation and dinner with my family, I was exhausted beyond all reason (grin).

I did see Samsaren at the raffle, so he knows to remind me. I read the boards regularly now, and can keep them read enough to catch if there's a post here.

~Brady, player of many.
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/12/2004 07:13 PM CST
Fortunetly, we're pretty good at providing advance notice here, so I won't have to bug ya too often.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/16/2004 05:41 PM CST
Sweet. Sounds good. Maybe once we get furniture and my wife lets me get a big table for a LAN party, we can have a gathering at my house...we have a nice barbeque pit and stutff in the brand new facility we live in at Land O Lakes.

(crosses fingers) Trying to convince the little woman to let others into our house will be difficult.

~Brady, player of many.
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/22/2004 08:26 AM CST
<<(crosses fingers) Trying to convince the little woman to let others into our house will be difficult.>>

- Honey, I want to have some friends over.

Who are they?

- I dont know.

Uh. Where do you know them from?

- From online.

Have you ever met them?

- Oh yeah, we hang out all the time!

In real life?

- Uh. No.

What do they look like?

- I dont know.

How old are they?

- Well... I think they are mostly around my age.

You think?

- You never can be sure.

Guys or girls?

- Um... I dont know.

- But It'll be fun! These are really great people! Trust me!

::glare::

-Heiu
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/22/2004 02:28 PM CST
Yeah, 'cept my wife plays DR too...

She had a blast at the last gathering we went to together! Got to know several people and she thanked me for dragging her kicking and screaming to the gathering (takes a bit to get her out of her shell).

Hopefully when we get furniture and make the apartment look a bit better, then we can have the gathering here.

~Brady, player of many.
Happy Holidays!

It sounds great, but I think it could use a little more cow bell.
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/23/2004 03:34 AM CST
Glad you folks enjoyed it, last few we've had have been a real blast.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/23/2004 05:46 AM CST
When's the next one?

The woman behind Wordsmith Nilme Iondu'il, and Determinist Lyadan
AIM: NilmeDR
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/23/2004 06:07 AM CST
Nilme..we've had 3 since then. Where have you been? ~hums and runs away to hide~

~Chris
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/23/2004 08:11 AM CST
<<Nilme..we've had 3 since then. Where have you been? ~hums and runs away to hide~>>

Yeah. I was amazed at what Samsaren can do with crackerjacks and a bottleopener. <shudder>
Re: Holiday Gathering in Tampa, December 11 12/23/2004 12:06 PM CST
Man, if I've missed three, I'm REALLY going to have to fire my secretary...

:: looks around to see where she put the flamethrower ::

The woman behind Wordsmith Nilme Iondu'il, and Determinist Lyadan
AIM: NilmeDR
Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 01:14 PM CDT
Okay. It's that time again! Would like to have a local gathering of Florida folks in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Will most likely be located in Tampa, along Dale Mabrey. The date is Saturday, June 18th. Exact time and place will come later, but usually we meet somewhere around 4ish and then migrate to a food place around 5:30 - 6:00ish. If people either Email me (play.net addy) or reply here so I can get an idea of how many folks to expect - I'll get a reservation at a restaurant so that we can sit at a decent hour. :-)

Thanks, and look forward to a good turnout! So far, we've managed 13 folks at our peak...I think we can do better!
~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 02:21 PM CDT
Is the gathering just for the people in that area?

Life is a game and you were put here to entertain me.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 02:38 PM CDT
Not at all! Anyone who wants to come is welcome. When we get an idea of numbers, I'll post an exact location with directions.

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 03:35 PM CDT
I wanna go! Gonna put it on my calendar so that I know about it well enough in advance. Lemme know now if you want to do something like a white elephant gift exchange or anything like that, so I can prepare :grin:

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 05:57 PM CDT
I'm from Orlando, I should be able to go.. depending on if my work ever actually wants to tell me when I can work so I know what days I'll have off. :)

Life is a game and you were put here to entertain me.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/05/2005 10:18 PM CDT
<<Lemme know now if you want to do something like a white elephant gift exchange or anything like that>>

Nah.. We did that for our holiday gathering - but I think we'll just stick to a simple get-to-gether this time, as some of us are really poor right now and dinner is enough. ;-) Besides which, I don't want to go into the co-ordination of a gift exchange thing without having a room available like we did for our holiday gathering. You'll just have to wait 6 months for white elephant! :-)

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/06/2005 09:00 AM CDT
Hehe...that's cool. Have you any ideas of where you want to go? I've been here so long that all the cool restaurants have glazed over in my mind...it's all the same to me now :grin:

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/06/2005 09:56 AM CDT
Number of people that respond will determine where I set this up at. So far, I'm going with you and your wife as a yes? Plus me and my boyfriend and Orlando has at least 2 trying to head over. We're up to 6 with a possible other 4 that I need to check on via phone call (since they don't read this board.)

::dances at the high turn-out we'll have::

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/07/2005 11:22 AM CDT
<<Okay. It's that time again! Would like to have a local gathering of Florida folks in the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Will most likely be located in Tampa, along Dale Mabrey. The date is Saturday, June 18th. Exact time and place will come later, but usually we meet somewhere around 4ish and then migrate to a food place around 5:30 - 6:00ish. If people either Email me (play.net addy) or reply here so I can get an idea of how many folks to expect - I'll get a reservation at a restaurant so that we can sit at a decent hour. :-)

Thanks, and look forward to a good turnout! So far, we've managed 13 folks at our peak...I think we can do better!
~Chris >>

Awww! Isn't that during Simucon? Its our first time going to Simucon.. otherwise Spiritshadow and I would love to be there and meet the DR folks from our area! I certainly hope there will be another get together soon...

Thanks!
~ Waveshell

Hale Waveshell, Dutrz ob Elun'd, Qwee ob de Perlz, n Rul'rz ob de Un'verbz!
- entitled by Palasix, made priceless by Boppum!

Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/07/2005 03:18 PM CDT
Hey there.

My wife most likely won't be able to come, since she works overnight at a nursing home Fri/Sat nights.

I'm gonna ask a few friends to see if they'd like to come along. Might try to convince some people to start playing DR...lol

>get my amar
>wear my amar
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/09/2005 08:58 AM CDT
Aww. Sorry Wavie. Don't worry - we'll have more gatherings! Have fun at SimuCon!

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/09/2005 12:28 PM CDT
Its ok Wave, I can't come either since they are having it before I move..just go to the next one, can't wait to see the Real live Pearl Queen.

Although SimuCon is cool, Have fun! And one word of Advice..take ALOT of Tylenol.
I'll be at SimuCon '06.

~Beth, player of Laurieana
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/13/2005 03:21 PM CDT
I'm with you Queen of the Pearls, Wave. At least I'll meet you at SimuCon though! Sorry I can't make the Tampa/St. Pete gathering though. One of these days I'm going to make it to one of these gatherings, I promise!

~Eoworfinia~
A snow goblin reaches down and gently pets your corpse, then quickly looks about to make sure no one noticed.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/13/2005 03:35 PM CDT
We'll most likely have another one in a couple months - sooner if someone else wants to co-ordinate it or I'm feeling especially energetic. :-) Sorry that it fell on SimuCon weekend - but - it's one year from the date we had our first 13 person showing! So we have to celebrate and try to beat it!

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/15/2005 09:39 PM CDT
Most Painkillers + Booze = Bad

The only painkillers that doctors would recommend taking with alcohol is ibuprofin. Taking any other pain medication can cause chemical sideaffects.

I know that I am attempting to bring in a few FL DR players that do not read the boards. I may even show up myself. If that does not make it a party, nothing will.

~Rob, player of Maxxwel.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/15/2005 10:57 PM CDT
To get a semi-accurate count, and because we're trying something new - anyone interested in attending the gathering on June 18th - please send me an email for more information! :)

Thanks,
~Chris, player of Nimmi
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 05/31/2005 03:28 PM CDT
i'd like to go but dunno if i can make it. car issues and its a long walk from orlando grins. plus not really driving much meds for back tend to make me a bit dizzy but i'll ask around to see if anyone i know is going that way on that weekend

Thorn

WARNING You have just received the Amish Computer Virus! Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system, so please delete all your files from your computer and send this to everyone in your address book. Thank you for your cooperation.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/03/2005 08:50 AM CDT
Yea,

I get to skip out and withdrawl the names I submitted to bring with me. Good times...

Maxxwel Lightish

Reborn in sorrow,
Rebirth through fire.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/03/2005 10:13 AM CDT
Not overly surprised.

If anyone else would like to attend who has not yet contacted me, please feel free to do so. Preferably prior to June 18th. ;-) Still have quite a turn out, hoping for more so if you're in the area - feel free to join in on the fun!

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/04/2005 12:01 PM CDT
Where were all these peoples and gatherings when I was living in Florida? :(

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/07/2005 12:11 PM CDT
>>Not overly surprised.

'eh?

I was, and I was not happy about it. Then again, I like getting a paycheck, so when they send me to South Florida on the latter half of the first week, and want me back there at 8AM the following Monday...

It was just easier to stay at my buddy's place in Miami.

Maxxwel Lightish

Reborn in sorrow,
Rebirth through fire.
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/07/2005 02:34 PM CDT
<<>>Not overly surprised.

<<'eh?

Not overly surprised because we hadn't heard back from you after sending out details. Sorry if it came across any different.

Anywho - here's who we got so far:

Gormla - [CONFIRMED]
Siduire - [CONFIRMED]
Svidran - [CONFIRMED]
Samsaren - [CONFIRMED]
Nimmi - [CONFIRMED]
Garelith - [CONFIRMED]
Zandic - [CONFIRMED]
Nilme - [CONFIRMED]
Faelazis - [CONFIRMED]
Elavin - [CONFIRMED]
Naomee ???
Arcelebor - [CONFIRMED]
Valquesta - PROBABLE
Ex-GM Heiu - PROBABLE
Caliese - [CONFIRMED]
Annodia - [CONFIRMED]

Joey (From TF) -possible-
Jackie (From TF) -possible-
Kasrendyr ???
Shenae ???
Varvis ???
Hallmir ???
Ellusionz (from Orlando) ???

Gathering is in the South Tampa Area on June 18th. Begin gathering around 4:00ish pm and will go til whenever. Can e-mail me at my play.net addy for more specific details. Also - a bathing suit may be desired to enjoy the hot tub. :-)

~Chris
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/08/2005 01:26 AM CDT
*glances at the list* We Florida DR players are really starting to remind me of rabbits.

Alisha, player of
~Siduire s'Elevi
Re: Florida - Tampa Area Gathering 06/09/2005 10:46 AM CDT
>>Naomee ???

Wife is working, so she will not be able to attend.

>get my amar
>wear my amar