Prev_page Previous 1
Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 08:19 AM CDT
We are starting something different with prizes with this quest.

While on the krolvin warship, you can keep anything you loot of the krol, or anything you plunder from the Treasure Room. After the quest, you will be awarded blackscrip depending on how well you and your group did. You will get between 50 and 150 blackscrip for this quest.

That blackscrip can be spent at the Bait Shop, which will be right on the schooner dock in the Landing. You can buy a lot of little things, or save up across multiple runs for a bigger prize. Some of the prizes will rotate every three months.

Nothing in this initial batch attunes. For the first three months, the prizes are:
Prize Blackscrip Cost Details
Water-stained label 1 Labels for a label box.
Rusted iron can 1 Novelty can with a surprise inside!
Discolored krolvin tooth 1 Weavable item
Polished brass coin 1 Weavable item
Dark green seaweed 1 Weavable item
Delicate sandsilver 1 Weavable item
Salt-worn rigging 1 Weavable item
Bamboo music box 5 Tell of your adventures with music from the islands.
Polished brass compass 5 Never lose your way again!
Driftwood brig pendant 5 Crystal-holding jewelry that casts water walking.
Cormorant fletchings 10 These fletchings will impart cold flares on the arrows they are glued to.
Green jar of oil 10 Render your weapons more suitable for defeating the krolvin enemies!
Driftwood cube 10 Put your smarts to the test with this 3-layer spell puzzle.
Blue glass jar 10 Store your precious gems in this glass jar with an increased capacity!
Etched green bottle 15 A filled label box with increased capacity.
Rugged scallywag mask 20 Look like a pirate!
Golden rolaren sextant 25 Neckworn gold ring holder with unique messaging!
Seafarer's gloves 50 Casting gloves with ocean-related messaging; Casts Water Walking; Enhances Dexterity and Swimming bonuses!
Crystal blue bottle 50 You're never far from the seas with this exclusive sea-faring scent!
Driftwood poison locket 50 Store your favorite poisons in this concealable dispenser.
Cracked driftwood case 75 This case will turn your imbued wiregrass bracelets and anklets into tangled seaweed and kelp! The case does not degrade.
Narwhal horn hairstick 85 Enhance your Disarming and Perception skills with this fashionable hair-styling accoutrement.
Black rolaren cutlass 90 Five-times enchanted vacuum-flaring rolaren scimitar with two fusion slots.
Vultite lantern shield 100 Five-times enchanted, pocketed, and spiked shield; Enhances shield use and Agility.
Golvern maul 100 Five-times enchanted zesty maul!
Brass plate case 100 Protect your belongings with a mechanical case that will boost your logic and trading skills.
Fake gold tooth 100 Enhances shield use, armor use, and physical fitness.
Leather siegery case 5 Store your precious siegery in this miniature repair case.
Golvern battle axe 150 Five-times enchanted battle axe with a mounted skull. Enhances two-handed weapons bonus and stamina recovery.
Polished silver spyglass 150 Keep an eye on your enemies!
Azure silk robes 200 Keep your armor covered in style.
Salt-stained codex 200 This locked codex will store ten scrolls!
Deckmaster figurine 200 Win over your competitors with this formidable deckmaster miniature!
Salt-stained parchment 200 Invoke the power of the seas long after you head inland! This parchment will impart a special way for you to prepare your spells.
Wide brass spiral 300 When attached to your ear, this spiral allows one to understand the Krolgesh language!
Siren scale armor 400 Five-times enchanted reinforced leather with zests and a bit of critical protection!
Monir water cannon 500 Blast your foes out of their boots with this water cannon!
Bent briar pipe 500 With this briar pipe, you're only a rub away from a smoke! This item is self-filling.

There will also be a bonus prize for quest runs held in the month of May. To celebrate the release of this event, all participants will receive a siegery miniature painted in their own likeness.

~Vanah
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 09:21 AM CDT

I appreciate the hard work that must of gone into this, and I am sorry to so swiftly respond with criticism, but those prizes seem a bit more 'watered down' than I had hoped.... I am sure I am not alone in wishing there were higher ticket items, but I do imagine it will be fun either way...
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 09:35 AM CDT
<Golvern battle axe 150 Five-times enchanted battle axe with a mounted skull. Enhances edged weapons bonus and stamina recovery.

Shouldn't this enhance two handed weapons?
Alkire
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 10:18 AM CDT
Leather siegery case 150 Store your precious siegery in this miniature repair case.

Please tell us that this does something more than most siegery repair cases... because you can buy one in the Landing for 25k silver.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 10:53 AM CDT
I love the thought that went into the theme of these! All very fitting to get from the bait shop.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 11:00 AM CDT
>>I appreciate the hard work that must of gone into this, and I am sorry to so swiftly respond with criticism, but those prizes seem a bit more 'watered down' than I had hoped.... I am sure I am not alone in wishing there were higher ticket items, but I do imagine it will be fun either way...

I actually disagree. This last year has seen a lot of higher ticket items released which in my opinion has lead to higher expectations for events going forward. I personally think it's nice to see more of these lower end RP themed items introduced in this way. Although, if the ticket price is ridiculously high, I may eat my words and come back to agree with you.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 03:01 PM CDT
Oh, higher ticket items will be available in the future. Don't worry. We want to give you something to work toward.

SGM Sleken
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 03:17 PM CDT
I see a few prizes listed that hold some interest to me, Yeah I do think that battleaxe should be two handed heh. Please make cheap to run! Also the prizes are kind of on the level of black swan stuff I think.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 03:26 PM CDT
The battle axe does enhance two-handed weapon use. I've updated the original post.

The siegery repair case has had its price reduced.

~Vanah
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 03:32 PM CDT
Maybe a tower shield version of that shield? I saw it and thought oooh awesome, then I realised its just a medium.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 04:34 PM CDT
Working towards? You mean paying for. It is a pay event after all and you don't get unlimited runs to work your way up the prize scale, you have to pay to advance.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 05:11 PM CDT
<<
Working towards? You mean paying for. It is a pay event after all and you don't get unlimited runs to work your way up the prize scale, you have to pay to advance.

-Richard/Fjalar.>>

Well, just showing up isn't going to get you much, but yes, you do have to pay for the runs. I get that not everyone is happy about pay events, but they are here to stay.

SGM Sleken
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 05:32 PM CDT

DR has been doing something like this for awhile.

Items in DR are not exactly the same as here in GS.. but as an example..

They have a longsword that I would consider HCW and 6x (compared to a standard off the shelf weapon which I would equate as 4x) and it sells for 1250 scrip.

Alterations are few and far between in DR, and a alteration scroll costs 900 PP's. They offer a 5 alteration service from one of their best merchants who works on almost anything for 5,000 scrip. So if you really wanted a "close" example.. 4500 pp value for 5,000 scrip. Course most here would use 4500 in a diff way, but still.

Also, not sure if GS will, but in DR they used the scrip in an auction at EG a few times.

The scrip is a secondary thing there. A Bonus for running it multiple times.

I am really glad GS is looking at this here. I look forward to running this even a few times myself.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 06:00 PM CDT

I think these prizes are fun and more appropriate. The first round of Black Swan prizes were unsustainable.

I like a lot of these, for utility and novelty, even though they aren't game-changing auction level.

-E
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 06:07 PM CDT

Looks like fun. Imagine I'll try it out twice and enjoy the experience.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 04/27/2014 08:18 PM CDT
I'm VERY excited to run this for nothing but the experience once or twice. I will say though that if its going to be touted as something I can possibly grind untold numbers of times for riches costing possibly 1000s of scrips, I'll probably wait until that list is published before I commit to the grind.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/02/2014 11:49 PM CDT
I'd like to see a unique kind of service for the high end things, maybe something like for 2000 blackscrip you could add fusion, voln, or ithzir functional scripts to a set of armor, with surcharges depending on the armor.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/04/2014 08:16 AM CDT
Is blackscrip tied to the character? i.e. If I want a high level prize do I have to keep taking the same character?

How about some gear a monk might find useful somewhere in the prize list? Maybe something like these?

Black rolaren-shod pegleg 90 Five-times enchanted impact-flaring rolaren UAC footwear with two fusion slots.

Azure chain shirt 200 Keep your robes covered in style.

Fake mithril tooth 100 Enhances brawling, dodge and physical fitness.

Seafarer's gloves 50 UAC gloves with ocean-related messaging; Casts Minor Water; Enhances Agility and Swimming bonuses!
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/04/2014 08:55 AM CDT
<<
Reply Reply
Is blackscrip tied to the character? i.e. If I want a high level prize do I have to keep taking the same character?>>

It is per character.

SGM Sleken
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/04/2014 09:57 AM CDT
Fusion UAC gear won't be happening, as it would essentially be 4 free slots for everyone. For armor, weapons, and shields, people have to make choices between fusion and other options. For gloves and boots? Fusion would win hands down for the overwhelming majority of players, and that's not something we want.

I can certainly look into some monk-related prizes, however.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/04/2014 10:20 AM CDT

don't get so caught up in the loot. I'm sure something good will come out of it, but the best item found in the two runs I did yesterday was plain 5x full plate. ZERO runestaves. again, ZERO. And not for lack of magical krolvin. I sang about 100 shields yesterday and another hundred assorted armors almost no one uses. the suggestion to bring large backpacks to load and put under the bench is a good one. After splitting everything, I only got about 450k in two runs, which I could have done in Nelemar.

focusing on the experience is more fun. Those who have gone should do more to include those who have not in the process. I like smaller groups so splitting up by level ranges sounds like a good idea to me.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/04/2014 03:04 PM CDT
>>focusing on the experience is more fun. Those who have gone should do more to include those who have not in the process. I like smaller groups so splitting up by level ranges sounds like a good idea to me.

After this morning's run I have to go ahead and agree with this. We didn't find anything extraordinary from the loot, we also ran out of time. In the future, now that I know the layout a bit better I'll go straight to refugees and work it that way.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/05/2014 04:15 AM CDT
Love these prizes, I think it's a really creative and flavorful mix that is surprising diverse... and I see several fun ones I'd like to aim for. I like the Krolgish-hear one, hah... it'd be fun if there was also one to speak Krolgish, given how fairly underutilized it is (save for current invading hordes, ahem).

Just curious, what is the actual spell-prep message for the salt-stained parchment? Something salty and sea-ish, I'd assume. Anyone know, are we allowed to say?

"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Poindexter
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/05/2014 06:10 PM CDT
>Just curious, what is the actual spell-prep message for the salt-stained parchment? Something salty and sea-ish, I'd assume. Anyone know, are we allowed to say?

First Person: A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking [Spell Name].
Third Person: A salty sea breeze stirs as Vanah chants an old sailor's ditty.

~Vanah
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 04:25 AM CDT

>First Person: A salty sea breeze stirs as you chant an old sailor's ditty, invoking [Spell Name].

Is this the same for every spell you cast, or do you choose a spell or circle to apply it to?
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 05:41 AM CDT
>Is this the same for every spell you cast, or do you choose a spell or circle to apply it to?

It is universal for all spells.

~Vanah
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 07:06 AM CDT
>It is universal for all spells.

but it can be toggled at will?

So I could normally leave it off, and just use a macro to switch it on when I wanted to cast waterwalking and off immediately afterwards?
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 02:38 PM CDT
>>So I could normally leave it off, and just use a macro to switch it on when I wanted to cast waterwalking and off immediately afterwards?

Sort of. You can toggle all custom spell preps on and off. Not individual ones. So if you don't have any others, then yes, by just typing PREP PHRASE ON/OFF. If you already have a spell prep, I think it depends in the order you have them applied to your character (which I'd have to peek at to know for sure).

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 03:58 PM CDT
Do the mini's accept shields? For instance if I choose to have my shield in my left hand and my right empty it would have my shield?

Fyrentennimar

Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 04:01 PM CDT

your left hand has to be empty when you ask for the mini. I had a box in my right hand. I think what the mini wields is profession based.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 05:57 PM CDT

I know there is a way to set a prep phrase to one circle or one spell when it's being applied by a GM -- can the same be done with this prep phrase? Or is it "all or nothing"?

-E
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 06:23 PM CDT
>I know there is a way to set a prep phrase to one circle or one spell when it's being applied by a GM -- can the same be done with this prep phrase? Or is it "all or nothing"?

This particular one is set to "all or nothing."

~Vanah
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 10:12 PM CDT
We had a great run this afternoon in plat.

145 blackscrip.

I believe we rescued all the prisoners.

We probably could have killed a few more Krol.

We got to the treasure pile just fine and just had trouble figuring out the hatch in the captain's room.

Looks like we might walk away with around 286k each for the two of us who went.

I managed about 9k exp on top of all that.

Here's my mini.

a dwarven earthen scourge miniature

Painted bloodshot smokey white eyes gaze from the cracked and dried ebon face of the masterfully detailed likeness of a dwarven earthen scourge. He has long, glossy steel grey hair tied into a multitude of long braided locks singed at the ends. He grasps a gnarled silvery orase staff, ready for battle. Scratched into the bottom of one of his skin boots are the words, "Troubled Waters ~ 5114."

There was that one weird thing that happened but it lasted for maybe 20 minutes.

Malgaftan
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/06/2014 10:24 PM CDT

To echo what Malgaftan said. We had a friggin blast! It took 2 hours to go through all the loot we pulled in! Not to mention we managed to get a huge amount of boxes. 150 blackscrip was to be had by me and we probably pull in more coin that was left on the ground. In the end we were up to our ears in drops and stuff found in boxes so I don't think we could have pulled in anything more.

Still can't figure out the second hatch in the captain's room though...

Appreciate Vanah running things in the background for us.

-Sot/Rodney
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/07/2014 05:03 AM CDT
>Sort of. You can toggle all custom spell preps on and off. Not individual ones. So if you don't have any others, then yes, by just typing PREP PHRASE ON/OFF. If you already have a spell prep, I think it depends in the order you have them applied to your character (which I'd have to peek at to know for sure).

I actually have nothing custom at all, but am trying to understand the implications because the parchment looks interesting, if I could use it judiciously. I'm not interested if it overwrites all my existing phrases (2, the standard ones for the circles) or pre-empts the possibility of acquiring custom preps in the future.

It sounds bad. Does using a parchment either obliterate all existing custom spell preps, or pre-empt the possibility of ever getting one? It sounds like it has to do one or the other.

For example.

Suppose I have a custom prep on 103, I then use a parchment. I have the parchment prep on everything else, but what about 103?
I toggle them all off and on. Does this change which prep applies to 103?

Suppose I later get a custom prep on 1207. I have the parchment on everything else but what about 103 and 1207?
I toggle them all off and on. Does this change which prep applies to 103 and/or 1207?
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/07/2014 08:26 AM CDT
Each character can have up to 10 spell preps. No one is anywhere near this threshold currently.

You can order and re-order the hierarchy list for priority on spells with the command PREP PHRASES <SLOT TO MOVE> <SLOT TO MOVE TO>.
>PREP PHRASES 1 3
Phrase in slot 1 swapped with the one in slot 3.

Example: I have a phrase for Fire Spirit, a phrase for the Minor Spirit Circle, and a phrase for all spells. If I order it:

1. Fire Spirit
2. Minor Spirit
3. All Spells

Then when I cast Fire Spirit, the specific messaging for Fire Spirit will take priority. If I cast something else from the Minor Spirit Circle, then the Minor Spirit specific messaging would go, and all other spells would use the 3rd set of messaging. Now, if it was ordered:

1. Minor Spirit
2. All Spells
3. Fire Spirit

When I cast Fire Spirit, the messaging specific to the Minor Spirit Circle will go with it.

To answer your specific question: 103 + parchment? If the 103 phrase is above the sailor's ditty phrase in the priority list, it will always be used when 103 is cast, and the sailor's ditty will be used for all other spells.

1207, 103, and the sailor's ditty? The messaging specific to 1207 and 103 will be used if they're above the sailor's ditty in the priority list.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/07/2014 09:13 AM CDT
>>Tamuz's post

That is awesome! I have held off pursuing custom spell preps until now because I love the one I have and didn't want to risk losing it. Yay for having a new goal :D

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

~*~ She conquers, who endures ~*~

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/07/2014 09:32 AM CDT
Yeah, order can be made so it's not 100% useless to people with custom stuff already. I just wasn't sure exactly the order, but Tamuz NAILED it. NAILED IT!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/11/2014 01:42 AM CDT
For anyone curious, I put the list on KP shortly after it was released by Vanah. I paraphrased the details for the salt-stained parchment today as well, since I'm specifically interested in it. If you have details for other items, please feel free to contribute them! In particular, I bet a lot of people would like to know the enhancive bonuses.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Troubled_Waters_Prize_List

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Troubled Waters Prizes 05/11/2014 03:28 AM CDT

Is the krol translator a permanent thing? or does it only last for a limited time?
Fyrentennimar

Prev_page Previous 1