Prev_page Previous 1 3 4
Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 09:44 AM CST
In commemoration of the Tenth Anniversary of the release of the Enchiridion Valentia, Lord Vathon Kel'Driss Faendryl the Basilican Summoner will be traveling from Ta'Faendryl to the Dark Elven Embassy in Ta'Illistim to meet with Sorcerers of all races. There he will be reading excerpts from the Enchiridion Valentia, holding commentary on demonic summoning, and teaching Sorcerers in attendance some uncommon runes! He may also distribute several copies of the Enchiridion to those in attendance!

This is the first of a six part series of events that takes place on the 25th day of Lormesta, 5113. The topic of this discussion will be Grik'Tyr.

OOC Note:

This is part 1 of 6, taking place January 25th, 2013. Other events will be occurring every other month, discussing each of the valences twice. Rune teachings offered during the event will be in relation to the valence of discussion, for example, you will not be able to learn a rune from Shien'Tyr during the Lorae'Tyr discussion. Rune teachings are limited to one uncommon rune per account for the year.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 09:58 AM CST
<<<This is the first of a six part series of events that takes place on the 25th day of Lormesta, 5113. The topic of this discussion will be Grik'Tyr.>>>

--- stunned silence ---

Wow. Speechless. Thank you. :)

~ Heathyr

PS: Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 10:15 AM CST
You're quite welcome. I'm looking forward to this, it should be a good time.

One thing I forgot to note is that a sorcerer can only know 5 uncommon runes at any one time. You should be able to RUNE FORGET one if you'd like to change one out when your preferred valence event occurs, I will double check on that.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 10:20 AM CST
<<<One thing I forgot to note is that a sorcerer can only know 5 uncommon runes at any one time. You should be able to RUNE FORGET one if you'd like to change one out when your preferred valence event occurs, I will double check on that.>>>

LOL -- If only. I suspect I'm not alone in saying I'll be quite happy to finally learn ONE, thank you. If any sorcerers show up already knowing FIVE, they risk a sound lynching. Or at least, a really stern arm-folding with accompanying glare. ;)

~ Heathyr

PS: Did I happen to say thank you?? Thank you!
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 10:29 AM CST

>a really stern arm-folding with accompanying glare.

I'm pretty sure you meant, "a really stern arm-folding while giving them the evil eye."
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 12:39 PM CST
Errr ma gerrrd, you are my new best friend.

Six Demonology lectures AND demon runes? Gah! So great!

How will the runes be distributed? I'd be tempted to "hold out" for certain runes, but wouldn't want to risk not getting one at all because I gave my chances for earlier ones. On the other hand, later runes would have a higher chance since a lot of sorcerers would be "eliminated" so to speak, from having already won.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 12:58 PM CST
<<How will the runes be distributed? I'd be tempted to "hold out" for certain runes, but wouldn't want to risk not getting one at all because I gave my chances for earlier ones. On the other hand, later runes would have a higher chance since a lot of sorcerers would be "eliminated" so to speak, from having already won.>>

Due to the caveat that we're doing 1 uncommon rune per account for the entire run, you can choose whichever you'd like. So, there will be two lectures about each valence, so hopefully you'll be able to attend the event of your preferred rune. If you show up for the Grik'Tyr lecture, you have the option of getting a teach from that valence. Show up, participate, you get a rune. There will be no spinning or raffles for runestones, however, as stated before 1 per account for the entire run. One thing to note, however, I was not able to secure lorae'tyr-abyran'sa as a teach for the Lorae'Tyr session. This has been deemed a special archetype to be won at special events. Out of my hands, but I do have a few other surprises so I hope you'll be happy with these events regardless!
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 01:02 PM CST
>Show up, participate, you get a rune.

Errr ma gerd. You rock.

. . . what a difficult decision.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 04:07 PM CST
Sounds like a fantastic event all the way around. One question: When we learn a rune, will we also have the ability to teach it? It seems like there could be some great opportunities for trading ahead.

Could it be the "dark ages" of sorcery are at long last drawing to an end? :)

~ Heathyr

PS: Thank you.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 04:15 PM CST
<<When we learn a rune, will we also have the ability to teach it?>>

With the amount of runes (hopefully!) being distributed via this event, it was decided that you will not be able to teach the rune you are taught. I understand this is an important aspect of Sorcery, and I'm hopeful that future events without such a broad spectrum will involve the ability to teach runes learned.

However, as I stated above, there are some extra things involved that we haven't quite let on to that I'm sure players will really enjoy.

~ Q
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 04:48 PM CST
<<<However, as I stated above, there are some extra things involved that we haven't quite let on to that I'm sure players will really enjoy.>>>

I can't wait. I'm already feeling the love. Yummy warm demon-hugging eyeball-squishing limb-exploding sorcerer love.

Thank you.

~ Heathyr

PS: Thank you.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 06:39 PM CST

Wow! I love the sounds of these events.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 09:24 PM CST

Ok, Im not at all familiar with Ta'Illistim, can someone post directions to the Dark Elven Embassy because I would hate to miss these events, Ive tried for years to get an uncommon rune. Thanks in advance, you can AIM me at Trevalen02 if that helps, and I hope I was allowed to post that.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 09:25 PM CST
wow, i mean wow. You did get QC to approve this right? I want a Enchiridion Valentia.

Anyway i cant wait for this. I mean six basically RP and lore discussions all about demons? thats great!

I think im giddy.

Player of Malisai
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/09/2013 09:35 PM CST
Excellent! Will definitely put in the rare appearance.

Doug
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 05:51 AM CST
<<You did get QC to approve this right?>>

Aw, shoot, I knew I forgot something! ;)

Actually, there are several GMs that have been involved with this event in one way or another, and to them I am incredibly appreciative.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 08:22 AM CST
<< Ok, Im not at all familiar with Ta'Illistim, can someone post directions to the Dark Elven Embassy because I would hate to miss these events, Ive tried for years to get an uncommon rune. >>

Good question. Is it the Faendryl Embassy?
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 08:24 AM CST
If I want to learn a rune from one of the other planes, can I still attend the grik meeting without losing my ability to learn a rune at a later meeting?
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 08:42 AM CST
<<Good question. Is it the Faendryl Embassy?>>

Yes, the Faendryl Embassy, thanks for catching that. They're one and the same to me ;) (sorry Dhe'nar)

<<If I want to learn a rune from one of the other planes, can I still attend the grik meeting without losing my ability to learn a rune at a later meeting?>>

Absolutely! You are more than welcome to come and attend the meeting and NOT learn a rune at all. I can't promise that you will leave empty handed, though. If you had your heart set on a shadowling, it is no reason to not come and enjoy some demon chat with your sorc pals, just means you have to wait a short while.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 10:44 AM CST

Yay!

~Allereli
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 03:31 PM CST
Is there a minimum level requirement to learn an uncommon rune?
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 04:00 PM CST
>Is there a minimum level requirement to learn an uncommon rune?

I would assume level 25.

Might not be enough time to get to 25 right now before the 25th, but its only the first Grik'tyr lecture. I guess that means the second would be in March, so you have time to get whatever you want.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 04:27 PM CST
This simply looks fascinating. Thanks for doing these!

Keatsr, the doppelganger of Nou the strange
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 04:53 PM CST
I would rather not make any assumptions. So if a NIR could please weigh in on any level restrictions, please? I'm nearly to 25th.. it would make me very sad if I were merely a level short of learning something cool!
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 05:55 PM CST
My recollection with Wizards and the familiar Binding rune was that you could not learn the rune until you either A) knew the spell or B) were that level.

I would try to be level 25 if you desperately need the rune by the 25th. If thats not possible, then I am sure you could be 25 by March.

Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/10/2013 06:52 PM CST
I am 99% sure that I am able to teach you the rune. I tested it earlier, however, I will seek some additional confirmation as well.

Also, like others have stated, plenty of other events so, don't feel you HAVE to make the first one.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/11/2013 03:52 AM CST
>I am 99% sure that I am able to teach you the rune. I tested it earlier, however, I will seek some additional confirmation as well.

Could you confirm whether you can teach the rune to a sorcerer who knows the spell but cannot yet cast it? Also, I was curious if you need to be able to cast the spell to draw a rune on a runestone. Thanks!
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/11/2013 08:18 AM CST
At some point a line has to be drawn. The intent of these events is to teach the demon summoning Sorcerer an uncommon rune he or she does not already know. If you cannot summon ANY demon at the time of this event, I won't be able to teach you a rune. I know this will disappoint some of our Sorcerers who are very close to being able to summon. However, with six events spread throughout the year, I feel that the opportunity to grow as a Sorcerer and still be able to receive an uncommon rune exists. That being said, you are still encouraged to join us, as those in attendance will be sharing their personal experiences with demonic summoning.

tl:dr
Gotta be 25 to receive an uncommon rune.

q
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/11/2013 12:28 PM CST
Thanks for the clarification. For planning purposes, will the next events be for Lorae'tyr, then Shien'tyr, then a repeat of the three?
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/11/2013 01:28 PM CST
<<Thanks for the clarification. For planning purposes, will the next events be for Lorae'tyr, then Shien'tyr, then a repeat of the three?>>

Yes, I will follow the original layout of the Enchiridion Valentia.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/12/2013 03:43 PM CST
will other demon subtype runes be available (other than abyran'sa)? I've always liked the verlok'ar personally.

~Moredin
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/13/2013 11:24 AM CST
<<will other demon subtype runes be available (other than abyran'sa)? I've always liked the verlok'ar personally.>>

The abyran'sa is the only explicit restriction as far as the runes I am able to teach. Everything else is fair game. I will see if I can get with someone in development and get an exact list of everything I can teach.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/13/2013 03:55 PM CST

Did I mention how exciting this is? Not just the handing out of free teaches, I mean it is fantastic knowing I'll learn my first uncommon rune of the demon I'd prefer to summon, but the event in its entirety. Curious if non sorcerers are invited to attend, I'm sure a fair number of people that attended Inurtia's mentor event 3? months ago might want to attend these lectures as well.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/13/2013 05:25 PM CST
<<Curious if non sorcerers are invited to attend>>

Anyone can show up for the lecture/discussion portion. What I think I'll do is have a separate area afterwards that only Sorcerers that meet the requirements can enter.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/14/2013 04:58 PM CST
I'm actually looking forward to the lecture almost as much as the rune teachings. I'm assuming there will be new info that we will never have heard before...and that's always exciting.

~Moredin
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/14/2013 05:01 PM CST
figures...I'm working until 8pm that friday....

anyone feel like volunteering to save the log so we can post on Krakii or something later?

~Moredin
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/14/2013 06:40 PM CST

<<I'm assuming there will be new info that we will never have heard before>>

You may be assuming too much...
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/14/2013 08:31 PM CST
>anyone feel like volunteering to save the log so we can post on Krakii or something later?

Will do.

Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/14/2013 10:16 PM CST
>You may be assuming too much...

make something up! :)

~Moredin
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes 01/15/2013 04:43 AM CST
<<make something up!>>

That would be above my paygrade for certain. However, YOU (or anyone) can make something up, in the form of a tale of your own personal summoning experiences. Let us not get the impression that this is some big release of information, or expect it to be some grandiose event. This is simply (imo) a cool vehicle to teach uncommon runes and spread information about summoning. Also, you may get a book. I don't know if you like books, but there may be books, and you may get one. Maybe.
Prev_page Previous 1 3 4