Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:21 PM CDT
>One other note I forgot to mention. If a target is drenched from the Minor Water (903 or 518) lore effect or if you cast the spell in a watery room, the affected target(s) get -25 TD.

Does it work on undead and can creatures cast if encased in a block of ice?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:29 PM CDT
>One other note I forgot to mention. If a target is drenched from the Minor Water (903 or 518) lore effect or if you cast the spell in a watery room, the affected target(s) get -25 TD.

Are there any plans to make this spell (or any possible incoming cold based spells) have use vs. non-crittable targets?

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:36 PM CDT
>I can certainly remove the ice > fire > steam interaction, if there is a consensus. It's there for flavor and extra damage, not as any attempt to weaken the spell.

Thanks for fixing the encasing issue. The bandits are now properly entombed if warded twice, though 4 targets is not many and again a 4-way lore split is too much to expect. 135 and 214 do not require lores to hit a certain number of targets, and 316 uses religion lore, which is the same as the offensive attack, so the SLR yields synergies that the ELR does not.

I would prefer that the ice > fire > steam interaction be removed, as I don't feel the minor (~10 point) damage from the steam flares do anything to offset the removal of the entombment/immobilization.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:40 PM CDT
>I just fixed another issue where the spell wasn't correctly picking up additional targets when mixing non-rooted and rooted targets. e.g. you would cast the spell and it could affect up to 4 targets. If there were 7 creatures in the room and your first cast caught 4 of them, the second cast would then only root the remaining 3, but should have also immobilized one of the first four (since it can affect up to 4 targets per cast).

I would rather in this scenario that the second cast first immobilize the first 4 before rooting the remaining 3, as 7 creatures that still attack and cast is far worse than 3 remaining that do so.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:43 PM CDT
DESTINY14
I would rather in this scenario that the second cast first immobilize the first 4 before rooting the remaining 3, as 7 creatures that still attack and cast is far worse than 3 remaining that do so.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Wizards/Major%20Elemental%20Circle/view/1688

Then just cast it directly at one of the targets that are already rooted.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:43 PM CDT
>I would prefer that the ice > fire > steam interaction be removed, as I don't feel the minor (~10 point) damage from the steam flares do anything to offset the removal of the entombment/immobilizatio

Throwing my name in on this too.

Instead, just make them explode into bits. That'd be much better.

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:45 PM CDT
>Then just cast it directly at one of the targets that are already rooted.

That only guarantees that the one target is immobilized while the other 6 are still just rooted. Also, in a big swarm, checking and targeting the right creature will more likely result in your death than just skipping the failed disabler and casting for the kill more times. End result is it doesn't achieve what a disabler is supposed to achieve, in general.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:49 PM CDT
DESTINY14
That only guarantees that the one target is immobilized while the other 6 are still just rooted.

No.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:52 PM CDT
>No.

Anything that can't be set by INCANT to target the same creature(s) and root the first 4 automatically isn't useful in terms of a disabler given how often creatures run in and out while swarming.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 06:58 PM CDT
>No.

https://www.play.net/simucon/memory/1999/wed/wed003.jpg

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 07:09 PM CDT
>An Ithzir seer struggles to move. Finding her actions fruitless, she looses an eerily echoing shout! "Itona ti! Te lanak mtor!"

I thought about this...

If someone or something is entirely encased in a block of ice, how are they able to speak or do anything? Should almost even suffocate them to death if it lasts long enough. Is it just up to the head?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 07:11 PM CDT
The water lore is a non-starter because to get this remotely effective, you will be completely useless on every other offensive and defensive level. Talk about a one trick pony, which is what I thought we were getting away from. Instead we're forced into other pony paths that are all mediocre.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 07:25 PM CDT
An ithzir seer just arrived.

An ithzir seer says, "Unlike my fellow seeker, I think the 1 sec casting rt should be removed and I'm good with the cooldown should be removed on Rapid Fire."

Just an elf about town...
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 07:28 PM CDT
Overall this looks like a nice improvement over the old spell. Can't wait to give it a go when I have more time to play...

Just an elf about town...
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 07:46 PM CDT
An ithzir seer just arrived.

An ithzir seer says, "Let it be stated for the record that I am not one of those ugly mid level things from atop that snowy rock you morons call Aenatumgana. I am an ithzir seer. I see things. Like how I see that both Methais and RROY are correct, and I believe both the 1 second RT and the cooldown should go away. But if I had to choose just one, I would go with RROY's suggestion of removing the RT but keeping the cooldown."

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 08:17 PM CDT
You may now EVOKE Cold Snap (512). Doing so, it will always prefer to hit already affected targets (thus to more easily upgrade the root to an immobile). The previous targeting logic no longer applies.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 08:29 PM CDT
>You may now EVOKE Cold Snap (512). Doing so, it will always prefer to hit already affected targets (thus to more easily upgrade the root to an immobile). The previous targeting logic no longer applies.

Thanks for this update.

What about the non-corporeal undead targets that aren't affected by 512? They are also the ones most likely to be present in a watery room where crowd control is an important issue.

It would be better if the follow-up bolt burst effect is based on whatever your attuned element is, interacting with the ice block in a manner similar to 502's vulnerability. In any case, by the time one casts 512 twice and then CHANNELs 518, the room could probably be cleared by other means already.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 08:35 PM CDT
Not sure if this has been fixed but I saw this in my logs -

Just as you 512, the Ithzir seer shimmers and fades away, leaving you gesturing at nothingness!
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 09:18 PM CDT
>>the Ithzir seer shimmers and fades away,

Ok, that does it!

Estild, wizards and / or sorcerers need a way to reach into these interdimensional pockets all these creatures create and use to punish them severely for thinking they can get away from masters of the elements or masters of the planes.

Brief 1/10th-serious note - instantiated hunting for the best class(es) in the lands!

Doug
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 09:23 PM CDT
>Estild, wizards and / or sorcerers need a way to reach into these interdimensional pockets all these creatures create and use to punish them severely for thinking they can get away from masters of the elements or masters of the planes.

In all seriousness, instead of the useless "group" invisibility (aka disband), how about having the ability to fade away upon being attacked?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/13/2016 10:03 PM CDT
>>how about having the ability to fade away upon being attacked?

Oh yeah. Big picture - you have time wizards (current stack) and planar wizards (parallel spell levels but instead of resetting time or winding back the clock or stopping, you get the fade / reappear / blink / auto-ambush style actions).

Like it.

Doug
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 01:39 AM CDT
We still have no disabler at all, never mind mass, for things that don't knock down such as non-corporeal undead and that prevent them from casting. As evidenced by Faulkil's posts, 519 isn't working at all as a single target disabler even if those creatures could be warded.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 04:17 AM CDT

I think the spell might be bugged I have 80 Ranks of water law but spell is only converting 1 minor water cast into minor cold instead of 6. After the first cast I just get normal minor water being used.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:00 AM CDT
>I think the spell might be bugged I have 80 Ranks of water law but spell is only converting 1 minor water cast into minor cold instead of 6. After the first cast I just get normal minor water being used.

Keep an eye on how quickly the stuff melts away... I noticed this when I was going over the logs a bit last night. I thought I had them completely encased yet when I re-read them I noticed it had melted off and that's why it changed to water - for me at least. I'd also ask to maybe take a look at this because the encasement doesn't seem to last very long on many creatures.

I do miss the chance to crit damage though, why did damage have to be removed from the spell?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:05 AM CDT
I do miss the chance to crit damage though, why did damage have to be removed from the spell?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a mass disabler that deals good damage as well does not fit into the 12th rank of a major circle. It might be asking way too much but if people are really sad about the loss of the damaging, single-target version of the spell perhaps it could be added back in as a CHANNEL? Just a thought.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:19 AM CDT
>It might be asking way too much but if people are really sad about the loss of the damaging, single-target version of the spell perhaps it could be added back in as a CHANNEL?

That would be nice. The ice encasement was fun for a bit, but now I'm not really enjoying it as much. It melts off way to fast, and there might be a bug as mentioned before with the 903 follow-up casting. I have 50 ranks of water Lore and should be hitting more than once on a recall.

>incant 512
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Cold Snap...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an Ithzir scout.
An airy mist rolls into the area, carrying a harsh chill with it.
CS: +504 - TD: +377 + CvA: +9 + d100: +27 == +163
Warding failed!
The mist leaves an Ithzir scout's lower half encased in a thick block of ice.
The scintillating silver light surrounding the runestaff fades some.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

First one's good!

>incant 903
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Minor Water...
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of water at an Ithzir scout, but it freezes just before impact. Carefully, you summon the chunk of ice back to your hand...
You hurl a chunk of ice at an Ithzir scout!
AS: +494 vs DS: +276 with AvD: +31 + d100 roll: +54 = +303
... and hit for 113 points of damage!
Icy blast takes right arm off at the shoulder!
The scout's crystal-tipped staff falls to the ground.
The Ithzir scout is stunned!
[exec1]>stance defensive

As you hit, your runestaff flares with a bolt of lightning!

... 10 points of damage!
Heavy spark to left arm. Gonna hurt tomorrow.

Second one:

>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of water at an Ithzir scout!
AS: +495 vs DS: +270 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +65 = +315
... and hit for 132 points of damage!
Blow to chest frees a rib to spear a lung and heart!
[exec1]>stance defensive
The water completely drenches an Ithzir scout!

Third, still no block of ice:

>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of water at an Ithzir scout!
AS: +496 vs DS: +248 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +92 = +365
... and hit for 103 points of damage!
Strong blow to left arm breaks it!
The Ithzir scout clutches at his wounds as he falls, the life fading from his eyes.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:40 AM CDT

Still no difference only works on the first cast
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:44 AM CDT
You gesture at a lesser minotaur.
CS: +417 - TD: +299 + CvA: +8 + d100: +34 == +160
Warding failed!
The mist leaves a lesser minotaur's lower half encased in a thick block of ice.
>stance off
You are now in an offensive stance.
>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of water at a lesser minotaur, but it freezes just before impact. Carefully, you summon the chunk of ice back to your hand...
You hurl a chunk of ice at a lesser minotaur!
AS: +422 vs DS: +249 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +76 = +278
... and hit for 105 points of damage!
Massive blow removes the lesser minotaur's left forearm at the elbow!
The lesser minotaur is stunned!
>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
You hurl a stream of water at a lesser minotaur!
AS: +422 vs DS: +244 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +69 = +270
... and hit for 84 points of damage!
Strong blow to abdomen!
The water completely drenches a lesser minotaur!

Your driftwood staff emits a searing bolt of lightning!

... 15 points of damage!
Mild electric jolt sends the lesser minotaur into spasms.
>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
AS: +422 vs DS: +235 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +35 = +245
... and hit for 70 points of damage!
Hard strike to right arm breaking tendons and bone!
The water completely drenches a lesser minotaur!
>
Reeling, a lesser minotaur's eyes loll in their sockets.
>incant 903
Your spell is ready.
AS: +422 vs DS: +224 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +83 = +304
... and hit for 96 points of damage!
Strong blow to abdomen!
A low gurgling sound comes from deep within the chest of the lesser minotaur as he falls slack against the ground.
>incant 903
You do not currently have a target.
>loot
>stow left
You search the lesser minotaur.
You discard the minotaur's useless equipment.
He didn't carry any silver.
He had nothing of interest.
The strong stench of bovine sweat is all that remains as a lesser minotaur's body decays away.
>

your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Physical Fitness...................| 82 18
Arcane Symbols.....................| 170 70
Magic Item Use.....................| 175 75
Spell Aiming.......................| 254 154
Harness Power......................| 254 154
Elemental Mana Control.............| 150 50
Spirit Mana Control................| 96 22
Elemental Lore - Water.............| 180 80
Perception.........................| 74 16
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 5 1

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 74

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 71

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 43
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:49 AM CDT
>We still have no disabler at all, never mind mass, for things that don't knock down such as non-corporeal undead and that prevent them from casting. As evidenced by Faulkil's posts, 519 isn't working at all as a single target disabler even if those creatures could be warded.

Perhaps Weapon Fire could be moved to the Arcane Circle and replaced with a disabler that's more effective against creatures?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 07:56 AM CDT
Perhaps Weapon Fire could be moved to the Arcane Circle and replaced with a disabler that's more effective against creatures?

I'd love to see Weapon Fire moved to Arcane and 512 moved to the 900s personally.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 08:49 AM CDT
I was thinking, the spell starts at the bottom and freezes up (as it started with ice patch) any chance the frozen solid effect could happen on the first shot if the target is prone? This would make it a nice follow up to my current opening gambit of 410. If it worked but for a shorter duration, I could pick ewave/snap for the safety of rt and then frozen benifits or snap/snap for longer freeze times if I am hunting things that can't ward me while rooted and nt frozen.

Sorry for the formating, posting from my cell.
AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 08:55 AM CDT
>I'd love to see Weapon Fire moved to Arcane and 512 moved to the 900s personally.

512 would be completely useless in the 900s, so you have my veto for this idea.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 09:50 AM CDT
>>We still have no disabler at all, never mind mass, for things that don't knock down such as non-corporeal undead and that prevent them from casting.

This is actually one of the primary reasons I like Call Wind (912). In the case of noncorps, it will 'buffet' them, and I'm pretty sure that acts the same way as knocking them down - with the sole exception of not giving a DS advantage. I even believe (but have no proof to offer) that it affects the noncorp creature's stance, in just the same was as any other.

And the kicker? A vortex, if you're really skilled, keeps them occupied (in RT lock) as long as it is in existence. By the way - that's the same as any flying creature with Call Wind. So, in fact we do have at least one.

Doug

[The Rift]
You notice a vaespilon, an enormous rift crawler and a lost soul.
Obvious paths: east, southwest, northwest
>
The flames surrounding an enormous rift crawler flare up violently...
... 15 points of damage!

The flames around an enormous rift crawler continue to burn!
>incant 912
A vaespilon draws an ancient sigil in the air.
>
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Call Wind...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at an enormous rift crawler.
A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
A vaespilon is knocked over by the wind.
A lost soul is buffeted by the great wind!
>
A vaespilon is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
>

Tha-thump.

>
A spectral fog rolls through the area.

>l
You're now aiming at the left eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>
[The Rift]
You notice a windy vortex, a vaespilon (prone), an enormous rift crawler and a lost soul.
>
An enormous rift crawler charges at you!
You barely dodge the attack!
>
[new506]>incant 506
The flames surrounding an enormous rift crawler flare up violently...
... 15 points of damage!

The flames around an enormous rift crawler continue to burn!
>
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Celerity...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You suddenly start moving light-footedly.
>
[ Celerity: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
A large flying insect flits unwittingly into a windy vortex, and is promptly sent flying back out. It lands on your watered silk satchel with a loud SPLAT.
A lost soul wanders into the path of a windy vortex!
>

Tha-thump.

>incant 519
An enormous rift crawler charges at you!
AS: +429 vs DS: + --- with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +66 = - ---
A clean miss.
>
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
CS: + --- - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +36 == + ---
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around an enormous rift crawler and it bursts into flame causing 29 points of damage!
As the rift crawler dies, the beast's massive body curls in on itself, convulses once, and stills.
>
A large flying insect flits unwittingly into a windy vortex, and is promptly sent flying back out. It lands on your fluffy dandelion with a loud SPLAT.
A lost soul is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
>

Tha-thump.

>l
[The Rift]
You notice a windy vortex, a vaespilon (prone), an enormous rift crawler (dead) and a lost soul.
>
A vaespilon points a skeletal finger at you!
CS: +388 - TD: + --- + CvA: +12 + d100: +40 - -5 == - ---
Warded off!
>target vae
You are now targeting a vaespilon.
>
The windy vortex swirls around one last time, then disappears.
>
A vaespilon slowly rises to her feet.
>incant 519
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Immolation...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a vaespilon.
CS: + --- - TD: +452 + CvA: +15 + d100: +6 == + ---
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a vaespilon and she bursts into flame causing 2 points of damage!
... 35 points of damage!
Burst of flames to back fries shoulder blades. Youch!
The vaespilon is stunned!
... 30 points of damage!
Burst of flames to left leg burns skin bright red.
... 25 points of damage!
Minor burns to right leg. That hurts a bit.

The flames around a vaespilon continue to burn!
>

Thum-thump.

>
You feel more refreshed.
>
The wall of force disappears from around a vaespilon.
>incant 912
Your spell is ready.
A gust of wind tugs at your sleeves. Suddenly, a fierce wind rips through the area, scattering everything in its path and making it difficult to remain standing.
The wind then subsides.
>
You're now aiming at the left eye of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>
The flames surrounding a vaespilon flare up violently...
... 20 points of damage!
Minor burns to right arm. That hurts a bit.

The flames around a vaespilon continue to burn!
>

Tha-thump.

>
A vaespilon rolls around on the ground, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
>
The rift crawler's translucent outer husk melts away, its smoky inner core disappearing in greyed ribbons on the air.
>
A vaespilon slowly rises to her feet.
>
A lost soul swings a scorched black ball and chain at you!
AS: +420 vs DS: + --- with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +40 = - ---
A clean miss.
>
The flames surrounding a vaespilon flare up violently...
... 25 points of damage!
Minor burns to chest. That hurts a bit.
>
incant 912
Your spell is ready.
>
>

Tha-thump.

>
>l
[The Rift]
You notice a windy vortex, a vaespilon (prone) and a lost soul.
>
A vaespilon is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
>incant 519
Your spell is ready.
CS: + --- - TD: +452 + CvA: +15 + d100: +68 == + ---
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a vaespilon and she bursts into flame causing 57 points of damage!
... 55 points of damage!
You hear a sound like a weeping child as a white glow separates itself from the vaespilon's body as it rises, disappearing into the heavens.
The vaespilon wails in terrifying pain one last time and lies still.
The very powerful look leaves a vaespilon.
The white light leaves a vaespilon.
A vaespilon glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The deep blue glow leaves a vaespilon.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a vaespilon.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a vaespilon.
The silvery luminescence fades from around a vaespilon.
The bright luminescence fades from around a vaespilon.
The light blue glow leaves a vaespilon.
The powerful look leaves a vaespilon.
>

You should be leaving anytime, now.
A n'ecare pads in silently!
>
You're now aiming at the right leg of your target when using a ranged weapon, or while ambushing.
>
A windy vortex bends and twists as it swirls around the area.
>
A n'ecare swings a long blackened jeddart-axe at you!
AS: +386 vs DS: + --- with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +18 = - ---
A clean miss.
>
You suddenly feel less light-footed.
>
[new506]>incant 506

Tha-thump.

>
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Celerity...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You suddenly start moving light-footedly.
>
[ Celerity: +0:01:00, 0:01:00 remaining. ]
loot
You search the vaespilon.
You discard the vaespilon's useless equipment.
She didn't carry any silver.
She had nothing of interest.

[You have been awarded an Enhancive Pause Pass! You will be able to pause the beneficial effects of your enhancive items and prevent charge loss 1 time.]

All the malice and magic that once held the vaespilon together dissipates, leaving nothing but a husk which crumbles to dust.
>The windy vortex swirls around one last time, then disappears.
>
A n'ecare swings a long blackened jeddart-axe at you!
AS: +386 vs DS: + --- with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +62 = - ---
A clean miss.
>l
[The Rift]
You notice a n'ecare and a lost soul.
>incant 912
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a lost soul.
A n'ecare is knocked over by the wind.
The wind then subsides.
>
>

Tha-thump.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 10:03 AM CDT
>I'd love to see Weapon Fire moved to Arcane and 512 moved to the 900s personally.

If this were to happen, it would need to be part of a complete spell overhaul. Otherwise all this would do is force you to split your CS, as is the case with 415 builds currently.

Unless you're cool with not being able to use Mana Leech on anything near your level of course.

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 10:35 AM CDT
Original Ice Patch:
http://i.imgur.com/F6hSGkx.jpg

Ice Patch 2.0:
http://i.imgur.com/0f1NdOq.jpg

Cold Snap:
http://i.imgur.com/TFRvswT.jpg

Now we just need this:
http://i.imgur.com/OTcJ8jB.png

Which of course critters will target first and have the 2x Cold Snap effect applied to them when they touch it.

But we also need a panic button:
http://i.imgur.com/aChPOa7.jpg

Can we have?

~ Methais
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 11:06 AM CDT
>But we also need a panic button

I'd love to see "elemental" armor additions instead of just the Stone Shield depending on what Lores we've trained in. Fire would be more offensive and would lash out if hit, ice would slow down an opponent when struck, earth would protect best, and air could, well, I don't know, make us more nimble or allow more spell defense?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 11:56 AM CDT

>> Destiny

Can you stop posting for a like a week? I came here to check out how the spell was doing and everything is buried under your ravings.

>> Estild

I'd prefer you not to remove any features like steam crits before people have a good chance to really explore the spell. I think there is a lot of depth here and I would hate for it to be lost before people understand it.

very cool spell!

Thank you.
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 11:58 AM CDT

bump on my inquiry re the Water Walking effect. Does it still exist?
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 12:02 PM CDT
I'm not a fan of losing the damage from the initial cast at all. Is there no way we can have this feature back? Before it did damage and froze their bottom half, then we lose the damage now that we can make a second cast to freeze the rest of them. Why not let the damage stay, but only work against targets that aren't frozen at all? Or if keeping them separate is super imperative, maybe allow the damage with a targeted EVOKE, since open EVOKE is used for targeting half frozen stuff first?

In other news, what's up with this freeze duration of like....1 second? These are all against the same crawler in the same room, with no other enemies present. The longest it held for was 5 seconds, but it would usually start moving again in 1-3 seconds. I'm guessing it's wearing off after 1 round. Either way, something's not right.

CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +96 == +200
Warding failed!
The mist builds upon the existing thick block of ice, expanding it to cover an enormous rift crawler's entire body, trapping it in an icy tomb.
>
An enormous rift crawler begins moving again.
>l
[The Rift - 12152]
Rain pours from the molten lead sky, and winds whip the ocean into a froth of vicious foam. The waves crash against the rocky shore, upon which rest two immense harps. Entrails take the place of strings, and with each crash of the waves, the harps sing out in a wail of anguish and pain. You also see an enormous rift crawler and the purple Methais disk.
Obvious paths: southwest, west, northwest

>incant 512
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Cold Snap...
Your spell is ready.
CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +37 == +141
Warding failed!
As the mist touches the surface of the thick block of ice encasing an enormous rift crawler, it solidifies, reinforcing the icy tomb.

incant 512
Your spell is ready.
CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +73 == +177
Warding failed!
As the mist touches the surface of the thick block of ice encasing an enormous rift crawler, it solidifies, reinforcing the icy tomb.
>
>
incant 512
Your spell is ready.
CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +73 == +177
Warding failed!
>
incant 512
Wait 1 sec.
>
incant 512
Your spell is ready.
CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +43 == +147
Warding failed!

Necrotic energy from your lor runestaff overflows into you!

You feel energized!
>
>
incant 512
Your spell is ready.
CS: +545 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +11 == +130
Warding failed!
You feel the unnatural surge of necrotic power wane away.

Your runestaff resonates with an extremely high-pitched sound and causes your skin and muscles to harden!

>
>
incant 512

Your spell is ready.
CS: +530 - TD: +451 + CvA: +25 + d100: +90 == +194
Warding failed!

~ Methais
Reading wizard nerfs had me like http://i.imgur.com/hNaDm98.gif
Re: Cold Snap (512) Released! 04/14/2016 12:03 PM CDT

A few random questions!

Has anyone tried 512/512/518?

Fire attune looks like it could cause steam crits on all. Earth/water may proc the shatter chance!

Do the steam flares only affect FROZEN targets? Or both stages?

Post logs if you got em!

Thanks!