Prev_page Previous 1
Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/04/2016 11:17 PM CDT
Certain Cleric and Paladin group spells (307, 310, 1605, 1609, 1613) have been modified to be a little more user friendly for casters and group members. New members joining a group will benefit from these spells without requiring the caster to recast. Dispels on party members that are benefiting from a caster's spell should reapply themselves after a time, assuming the caster's self cast version doesn't get dispelled. Leaving the casters group will still cause the spell to drop.

This change required a bit of an overhaul of the spells above so the underlying spell mechanics have changed. The bonuses, caster duration, and group benefits should have remained unchanged, but messaging may have changed slightly.

An example.

prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.

>cast
You gesture.
You detect the following spells on yourself:
Benediction with a great amount of time remaining.
Arm of the Arkati with a fair amount of time remaining.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>join viduus
You join Viduus.
The warmth works its way toward you, and your shield arm feels much more nimble.
You rise to the forefront with a bolstered sense of defense.
You feel more secure basking in the glow of divine protection.
The magic surrounding Viduus extends to you.

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.

>cast
You gesture.
You detect the following spells on yourself:
Guard the Meek with very little time remaining.
Divine Shield with very little time remaining.
Warding Sphere with very little time remaining.
Benediction with a great amount of time remaining.
Arm of the Arkati with a fair amount of time remaining.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/04/2016 11:59 PM CDT
This is brilliant! Thank you for your work!

Any chance this feature can be added to monk spells 1213 and 1216?

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 01:46 AM CDT
Very nice update, thanks! Minor bug though when joining the cleric's group:

Your spirit is bolstered by a great sense of faith and conviction. more nimble.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 07:25 AM CDT
Very nice! Thanks for this update.

Thanks for not putting 1617 on this list, since I often leave a group, cast it, and rejoin, in the case that group members don't want Zealot. Though, I wonder how 1617 and the improved 1609 interact in this context -- I guess the character just keeps 1617 if it was cast before joining the group.

Surely it would be simple to check, but I'm guessing this works even if one of the spells is active on a person who joins (but is not the group leader).
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 07:46 AM CDT
This sounds like a great help!

Currently, if you are a cleric, are running your own 307 and 310, and then some other cleric casts it on your group, your own self-cast versions drop and you have to leave the group to recast them on yourself.

Any chance that this "anti-functionality" will not exist under these upgraded versions?

Religious fervor infuses a rolton's voice as he speaks an incantation in an unknown language.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 07:46 AM CDT
What happens when multiple clerics and paladins are grouped? Some group spells don't play nice in this situation.

e.g. Two clerics each cast 310 and 307 and then group up. Do they both still have their self cast versions? One gets dispelled and recasts. Do they both still have their self cast versions?

Does a leave/join macro provide a way of immediately reapplying group spells?

What happens when becoming ungrouped in the same room? (e.g. when a stalker is unhidden by RP rather than ambush)
What happens when remaining grouped although in different rooms? (e.g. when going past climbing checks leader last)

It would be good to have 1213/1216 protected against temporary group breakage, but it would also be good to have them play nice with multiple casters in the group. At the moment self cast is only lost when another caster in the group casts them, not when two with it already cast join up.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 08:28 AM CDT

nice, does this extend to animates? Did the 307 bug get fixed?
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 01:21 PM CDT
Any chance this feature can be added to monk spells 1213 and 1216?

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.

There are a few other spells I'd like to see updated to use this logic but I'm not currently adding addition spells at the moment. Every spell added, pretty much requires a complete overhaul to work within the new system, and the more I worked on the core functionality the more situations I had to deal with. Group leaders, group composition changing, pet application, magic item, dispel mechanics... to the point that every "final test" turned into a new major addition.

The original plan did include a larger list of spells, but I decided to scale that back and have the core mechanics thoroughly tested before moving forward with those, I do plan to circle back I just didn't want to get overwhelmed with a massive amount of bug reports or impact too many users. Once we've vetted the system then we'll look at additions, feel free to throw out suggestions but certain spells (like 1617) won't work well on this system so not everything is a candidate.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 01:22 PM CDT
Your spirit is bolstered by a great sense of faith and conviction. more nimble.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll dig into this tonight when I get home.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 02:07 PM CDT
>>Currently, if you are a cleric, are running your own 307 and 310, and then some other cleric casts it on your group, your own self-cast versions drop and you have to leave the group to recast them on yourself.

>>Any chance that this "anti-functionality" will not exist under these upgraded versions?

If you have a self cast version and join a group then that self cast version should stay applied to you. The exception to this rule is that if your self cast version has less than a minute in duration remaining, it may be overridden by the group's version. If there are two casters in a group then non-casters should gain the bigger bonus.

I wrote this code a while back so my memory may be off it he implementation had to be modified, but that's how it should work.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 02:16 PM CDT
>>Does a leave/join macro provide a way of immediately reapplying group spells?

Yes, but this shouldn't be required for any situation. If you're in a group then you have the spell applied. If the spell gets dispelled then it won't reapply for a period of time so regrouping won't reapply it in that penalty period.

>>What happens when becoming ungrouped in the same room? (e.g. when a stalker is unhidden by RP rather than ambush)
There's a periodic group check to determine if the spell should stay active. It's less than a minute, if you exceed that interval outside of the group then you will lose the spell, but joining the group again will reapply it. So it's an improvement over what stalkers had before, but there's still some room for improvement to be had.

>>What happens when remaining grouped although in different rooms? (e.g. when going past climbing checks leader last)
The party member would lose the spell in this situation. You have to be grouped and in the same room to keep the spells active.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 02:22 PM CDT

nice, does this extend to animates? Did the 307 bug get fixed?

It kind of works with animates/pets right now. Meaning if you join a group with a pet then your pet will gain the buff, however it works a little differently for pets than it does for players. The reapplication of the spell on dispels does not work, so if your pet loses it's group spell for whatever reason then you'll have to recast or rejoin the group to get it back. It's something I plan on fixing, but is a complicated issue so I went with a temporary solution for now.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 02:53 PM CDT
>If you have a self cast version and join a group then that self cast version should stay applied to you. The exception to this rule is that if your self cast version has less than a minute in duration remaining, it may be overridden by the group's version. If there are two casters in a group then non-casters should gain the bigger bonus.

Is the bonus check based on the original cast and not each refresh cycle?
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 09:26 PM CDT
Can empaths get this for Troll's Blood (1125)?
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/05/2016 09:55 PM CDT
>Can empaths get this for Troll's Blood (1125)?

I wouldn't want this as someone joining an empath. It results in a lot of unnecessary scarring.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 02:46 PM CDT
Can empaths get this for Troll's Blood (1125)?

Trolls blood is one of those spells, like 1617, that have potentially undesired effects by group members. I haven't come up with an elegant method to have both low maintenance (new group system) and also control of who gets the benefit (or penalty) of the spell. I've considered personal flags and such, but those have their own set of problems.

It's something that I'd like to address down the road, but for now I've gone the route of "if it ain't broke..."

If anyone has any thoughts on handling the problem, feel free to toss out suggestions.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 03:14 PM CDT
Wish I had an easy answer, Viduus. I'm also one who DOESN'T want Troll's Blood running on my non-empath characters. As Fleurs pointed out, it causes unnecessary scars, and the empath in the hunting group usually heals the injured anyway.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 03:17 PM CDT
>>If you have a self cast version and join a group then that self cast version should stay applied to you. The exception to this rule is that if your self cast version has less than a minute in duration remaining, it may be overridden by the group's version. If there are two casters in a group then non-casters should gain the bigger bonus.

>Is the bonus check based on the original cast and not each refresh cycle?

Could I get an answer on this for the lore flare bonus for 307, please? Thanks.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 03:27 PM CDT
> If anyone has any thoughts on handling the problem, feel free to toss out suggestions.

Something like 1617 could get a special exception for the STOP verb. Then anyone who doesn't want it can STOP it.

Of course, a flag is somewhat more elegant, particularly considering the low duration of 1617. However, I just wanted to toss out an idea in case it's at all useful and hadn't been considered.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 04:06 PM CDT
Could I get an answer on this for the lore flare bonus for 307, please? Thanks.

The lore flare bonus for 307 hasn't been changed from how it previously worked. Going off memory, since it isn't code I've looked at recently, it's a bonus that's determined at the time of activation rather than initial cast. I seem to remember thinking it wasn't a quick fix to change that behavior.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 04:26 PM CDT
Thanks for the response.

Also, is there any way to squelch the third party messaging so that the entire room doesn't get spammed when people join or spells drop/refresh, similar to the way bard songs and mana spellup now work?
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 04:51 PM CDT
Thanks for the response.

Also, is there any way to squelch the third party messaging so that the entire room doesn't get spammed when people join or spells drop/refresh, similar to the way bard songs and mana spellup now work?

For clarification by third party messaging, you mean "The magic surrounding Xxxx extends to Yyyyy."?

It is possible, but can you post a clip of the problem so that I can see the extent of spam? I haven't gotten a chance to see this in the wild, though I was concerned it might be an issue in one of the supergroups that form up during invasions and such.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 05:00 PM CDT
This is one example, but I imagine it can get worse, particularly with storylines or situations like the EG finale.

You join Sekoridin.
Kloosh seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sintix seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sertao seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Rofires seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Frunk seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Eena seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Aesoul seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Qydia seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Rehk seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Leviathoar seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Jhenni seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sekoridin seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Grimnur seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Jeliara seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
A light tan snow-owl seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
A striped lynx seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Kloosh appears to be better defended for battle.
Sintix appears to be better defended for battle.
Sertao appears to be better defended for battle.
Rofires appears to be better defended for battle.
Frunk appears to be better defended for battle.
Eena appears to be better defended for battle.
Aesoul appears to be better defended for battle.
Qydia appears to be better defended for battle.
Rehk appears to be better defended for battle.
Leviathoar appears to be better defended for battle.
Jhenni appears to be better defended for battle.
Sekoridin appears to be better defended for battle.
Grimnur appears to be better defended for battle.
Jeliara appears to be better defended for battle.
A light tan snow-owl appears to be better defended for battle.
A striped lynx appears to be better defended for battle.
The magic surrounding Sekoridin extends to you.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 05:41 PM CDT
So in that situation there should be three sets of messages.

The room should see: The magic surrounding Xxxx extends to Yyyyy

The targets getting the spell. In this example using Kloosh as the target. He should see two messages to indicate he gained the following spells.
Kloosh seems to move as if influenced by a divine power. (So something like you move as if influenced by a divine power.)
Kloosh appears to be better defended for battle. (So something like you appear to be better defended for battle.)

The casting player (in that clip it seems to be the person joining the group)... and this can be spammy.
Kloosh seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sintix seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sertao seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Rofires seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Frunk seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Eena seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Aesoul seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Qydia seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Rehk seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Leviathoar seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Jhenni seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Sekoridin seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Grimnur seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Jeliara seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
A light tan snow-owl seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
A striped lynx seems to move as if influenced by a divine power.
Kloosh appears to be better defended for battle.
Sintix appears to be better defended for battle.
Sertao appears to be better defended for battle.
Rofires appears to be better defended for battle.
Frunk appears to be better defended for battle.
Eena appears to be better defended for battle.
Aesoul appears to be better defended for battle.
Qydia appears to be better defended for battle.
Rehk appears to be better defended for battle.
Leviathoar appears to be better defended for battle.
Jhenni appears to be better defended for battle.
Sekoridin appears to be better defended for battle.
Grimnur appears to be better defended for battle.
Jeliara appears to be better defended for battle.
A light tan snow-owl appears to be better defended for battle.
A striped lynx appears to be better defended for battle.
The magic surrounding Sekoridin extends to you.

If it doesn't work like described above, then it should be a bug.

I can see how that would be distracting for the caster though, so I'll see about an option to reduce it.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/06/2016 11:29 PM CDT
OK, I think i found a bug related to voln recall (the symbol that you do when dead to get your spells back. Unless this is intended behavior?

I put up 307 and 310 via a scroll. My hunting partner realized the benefits.

Then I died and used symbol of recall, and got all my spells back including 307 and 310 upon resurrection. However, my hunting partner never realized the benefits of 307 and 310 at any point in the ~1 hour duration post-resurrection.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/07/2016 09:11 AM CDT

Suppose I am a level 15 cleric in TSC

wiz yells "maasies in TSC"

20 other types join wiz.

A paladin joins wiz
The magic surrounding paladin extends to wiz
(I see 20 more messages for surrounding others or just the leader?)

A higher level paladin joins wiz.
wiz losing first paladins spells messaging
(42 dispel messages for others in the group?)
The magic surrounding second paladin extends to wiz.
(21 other messages or just the leader?)

>join wiz
You join wiz.
You get paladin spell1 message.
You get paladin spell2 message.
46 messages of others getting 307/310 from you.

A higher level cleric joins wiz.
The magic surrounding second paladin extends to cleric.
(48 messages about my spells being dispelled from everyone?)
The magic surrounding cleric extends to wiz.
You get 307
You get 310
(23 more messages or just the leader and me?)

A few massie casting messages.

wiz suddenly vanishes from sight

96 messages as the spells drop on group breaking.

And the mechanical issue which really troubles me is that somewhere in that spam of maybe 300 message for no net result, are 4 that tell me I no longer have the benefit of 307/310 and am going to have to spend a LOT of mana to put them back up. Its painful losing 307 to quite high level but losing both 307 and 310 at low level can be really painful.

I see benefits where groups with just one cleric are formed for combat, but potentially serious drawbacks for the lower level cleric where short term groups are formed for other purposes such as the TSC massie type situation outlined above.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/07/2016 12:09 PM CDT
And the mechanical issue which really troubles me is that somewhere in that spam of maybe 300 message for no net result, are 4 that tell me I no longer have the benefit of 307/310 and am going to have to spend a LOT of mana to put them back up. Its painful losing 307 to quite high level but losing both 307 and 310 at low level can be really painful.

I see benefits where groups with just one cleric are formed for combat, but potentially serious drawbacks for the lower level cleric where short term groups are formed for other purposes such as the TSC massie type situation outlined above.

The situation you described wouldn't happen, that's not how it works. Here's how that scenario would actualy play out.

wiz yells "maasies in TSC"

20 other types join wiz.

A paladin joins wiz
The magic surrounding paladin extends to wiz <---room sees this
Paladin sees 20 individual cast messages.
Each of the 20 people see that they personally (meaning they don't see other spells on other people) gain 1-3 paladin spells.

A higher level paladin joins wiz.
wiz losing first paladins spells messaging - There is no droppage messaging on spell ownership switch
(42 dispel messages for others in the group?) - No messaging for this switch
The magic surrounding second paladin extends to wiz. - Room sees this
(21 other messages or just the leader?) - higher level paladin sees his spells being applied (highest potential place for spam), group members see they gained a more powerful version of the spells, the room sees one message.

>join wiz
You join wiz.
You get paladin spell1 message. - You wouldn't get this, you'll only get the paladin spell2 message
You get paladin spell2 message. - You'll get this
46 messages of others getting 307/310 from you. - You'll get this

A higher level cleric joins wiz.
The magic surrounding second paladin extends to cleric. - this messaging is strictly a group leader to the joiner so this wouldn't happen
(48 messages about my spells being dispelled from everyone?) - There's no messaging for the switch of ownership if you're not the caster/target.
The magic surrounding cleric extends to wiz. - this wouldn't happen, it would be wiz to cleric
You get 307 - Your original cast of 307 would stay in tact due to it's duration, duration is checked first, then magnitude of bonus. If you wanted the higher bonus you'd have to stop your spells first.
You get 310 - Your original cast of 307 would stay in tact due to it's duration, duration is checked first, then magnitude of bonus. If you wanted the higher bonus you'd have to stop your spells first.
(23 more messages or just the leader and me?) - you wouldn't get messaging, just the cleric and his targets

A few massie casting messages.

wiz suddenly vanishes from sight

96 messages as the spells drop on group breaking. - This would still happen. However it wouldn't drop for clerics/paladins since they already had self cast versions.

So to reiterate.
The entire room sees "The magic surrounding leader extends to joiner"
If the joiner is a caster with higher bonuses on his group spells than the group has, then he will see his spells being applied to applicable targets (targets without durations > a minute)
If the group has spells that the joiner doesn't have, then the joiner will gain those spells. So he will see those being applied to himself, and the caster of the group spells will see them being applied.
Spell drop messages only occur when the spell is completely gone from a target, not on ownership switches. This hasn't really changed.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/08/2016 02:40 PM CDT
This only seems to work when you JOIN a cleric, but not if a cleric GROUPs or HOLDs you.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/09/2016 01:14 AM CDT
So I am a little late to this party but I would like to officially request this functionality be added to all of the group bardsongs. Especially 1018 where renewing can get people killed and it already stops working for ex-party members immediately upon leaving the group (even though it still shows in spell active).

Tal.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/10/2016 12:02 PM CDT
I read your original response as being that it was just equal or higher level clerics who were protected against dispels by joiners. It would definitely be good to add 1213/1216 because the monk dispels monk factor was right pain with those.

>Spell drop messages only occur when the spell is completely gone from a target, not on ownership switches. This hasn't really changed.

I always seemed to see them, so I thought everyone one did.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/13/2016 11:27 AM CDT
> This only seems to work when you JOIN a cleric, but not if a cleric GROUPs or HOLDs you.

I'm not sure it works if the leader GROUPs or HOLDs the cleric either.

Also, when I did "mana spellup" with someone in my group getting it applied to them, "spell active" is saying 310/307 duration is only 1 hour when it should be closer to 3. I believe the 1 hour is what I had originally before I mana-spelled up, so it never got refreshed it seems.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 11:04 AM CDT
So here's a fun clip from a gathering last night where it appears, from the outside, that some of the group spell messaging went off the rails. I don't know if this was due to some silent, hidden casting or joining on someone's part or what, but it was pretty horrifically spammy in a very short period of time.

Only edits below were to remove some lnet chatter and an expletive mychar on my part.

--

Deavon joins Cryheart's group.
Koergun emits a noise that is a combination of laughter and barking, his eyes trained on a peglegged cat and full of amusement.
Cryheart gives Deavon a friendly hug.
Puptilian seems a bit less imposing.
Deavon whistles tunelessly to herself.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Aurach.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Lylia.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Irar.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Maags.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Ososis.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Katiesa.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Shinann.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Goldstr.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Koergun.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Elbromo.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Puptilian.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Evia.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Ichiko.
Maags grins at Dirra.
Cryheart says, "Some will last."
Shannivar smiles at Deavon.
Deavon smooches Cryheart on the cheek.
Artisea swears in a fluid mixture of common and elven at a peglegged cat.
A peglegged cat stares at you with his one eye, assessing your threat to his territory.
Risanya gives a sidelong glance around the area.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Deavon.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Mohrgan.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Stormyrain.
Cryheart says, "Errr."
Evia curtsies to Deavon.
Ordim joins Cryheart's group.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Ordim.
Deavon nods in greeting at Shannivar.
Evia smooches Deavon on the cheek.
Deavon smooches Evia on the cheek.
Maags glances at a peglegged cat and makes a purring sound.
Speaking to herself, Risanya says, "Now where did she go."
Roblar nods at Mohrgan.
Deavon smooches Maags on the cheek.
Shannivar curtsies to Deavon.
Katiesa leans softly against Mohrgan.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Puptilian suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Alasatia just arrived.
A sleek pale golden wildcat twitches his whiskers.
Artisea frowns.
Deavon curtsies to Puptilian.
A roly-poly flamepoint sand kitten pads in.
Mohrgan gives Katiesa a lingering kiss on the cheek.
Maags beams happily at Deavon!
Arrec gazes in amusement at Ketarra.
Artisea hisses at a peglegged cat.
Maags gives Deavon a friendly hug.
Rovvigen begins chuckling at Risanya!
Evia nods curtly to Alasatia.
Alasatia smiles.
Deavon gives Lylia a quick little smooch.
The air about Rovvigen stops shimmering.
A peglegged cat looks over the area with his one good eye.
Rovvigen seems to lose some dexterity.
Speaking to Deavon, Maags says, "Dame Deavon, what a nice treat to see yous."
Lylia smiles.
Lylia kisses Deavon tenderly on the cheek.
Cryheart blinks.

--

A few minutes later, another spam factory where the same thing happened five times in a row:

Alasatia joins Cryheart's group.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Alifair.
Cryheart checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
Rowmi just arrived.
Rowmi joins Kayse's group.
Kayse's group just went east.
Kayse's group just arrived.
Cryheart says, "Hmm."
Shannivar taps Cryheart lightly on his shoulder.
Speaking to Cryheart, Deavon asks, "Are we expecting others tonight, Sir Green Ribbon?"
Puptilian sighs.
The raven circles lazily above.
Koergun blinks.
Alisaire's form shifts back from the shadows.
Alisaire leans against the booth, taking a momentary rest.
A look of concentration briefly passes across Irar's face.
The dully illuminated mantle protecting Irar begins to falter, then completely fades away.
The magic surrounding Cryheart extends to Alasatia.
Cryheart says, "Just us I guess."
Primayanathangi glances at her grey wool coat.
Artisea smiles quietly to herself.
Speaking to Cryheart, Shannivar asks, "Can you maybe dispel whatever that is, please?"
Primayanathangi frowns.
Naimon says, "Is best to be careful."
Primayanathangi quietly says, "I didn't bring coffee."
Deavon says, "Stop with the casting..."
A look of concentration briefly passes across Irar's face.
Irar's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
A luminescent aura fades from around Ordim.

--

This seems... sub-optimal behavior.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "Do I detect... sarcasm? Surely not."
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 12:59 PM CDT

What i like to see is 3rd person message seeing the caster join and his magic extends to the group and 1st person in the group xyz magic extenxed to you. That would greatly cut down on the spam.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 02:24 PM CDT

What room was that in?
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 06:47 PM CDT
>What room was that in? - Viduus

My clips of eyebleed were in Solhaven's North Market.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 10:08 PM CDT
Was the room being silenced/dispeled? Or was there an event nearby that had mass silence/dispel effects?

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/14/2016 10:22 PM CDT

It was a nonmagical room and always has been from what i can remember.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/15/2016 01:06 AM CDT
I am pretty sure someone in the group was STOPping some of their own spells.

The flamepoint sand kitten hisses at a patchwork flesh monstrosity.
... 9 points of damage!
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/15/2016 03:06 PM CDT
>Was the room being silenced/dispeled? Or was there an event nearby that had mass silence/dispel effects? -Viduus

Not to my knowledge. And NM has no casting restrictions that I'm aware of - none I've run into recently, anyway.

>I am pretty sure someone in the group was STOPping some of their own spells. -some fiery temptress

I got this impression from comments surrounding the mess at one point. I wasn't part of the group with the spam problem, so this is entirely bystander observation.

---
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/22/2016 07:08 AM CDT
GS4-VIDUUS wrote:
You get 307 - Your original cast of 307 would stay in tact due to it's duration, duration is checked first, then magnitude of bonus. If you wanted the higher bonus you'd have to stop your spells first.
You get 310 - Your original cast of 307 would stay in tact due to it's duration, duration is checked first, then magnitude of bonus. If you wanted the higher bonus you'd have to stop your spells first.

Has this always been true, or is this a more recent change? I recall there were several issues like this with Paladin spells. In particular, one would get the higher level bonus, and then not be able to refresh their own spells until stopping the old ones.

I'm sure this is still how 104/105 work, and I had the impression it's how 1601, 1605, 1609, 1613, and 1617 also worked. Not all of these apply with this post, but I'm just wondering. I've rarely hunted with other paladins, so mostly what I'm typing is hearsay.

In any case, as I encounter it most frequently with 104/105, I can say it's a fairly pesky mechanic. I like the way 107 works as far as lore bonuses go.
Prev_page Previous 1