Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/22/2016 08:36 AM CDT
>In any case, as I encounter it most frequently with 104/105,

There's something not right with those spells, I don't get the proper duration from a scroll cast.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 08/23/2016 05:56 AM CDT
Has this always been true, or is this a more recent change?

It's a general rule on how spells should work, but it isn't always consistent. Group spells are all using the same logic, so if you don't see that behavior then it's definitely a bug.

Other spells should follow it as a general rule of thumb, but there may also be a good reason to deviate.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/05/2016 07:29 AM CDT
My cleric's 307 and 310 keep dropping duration randomly and I don't know why, but it should all be consistent because I'm using mana spellup to refresh each time:

Prayer of Protection ............... 4:09:59
Benediction ........................ 0:50:28
Warding Sphere ..................... 0:50:28
Prayer ............................. 4:09:59
Relieve Burden ..................... 4:09:59
Soul Ward .......................... 4:09:59
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/05/2016 09:06 AM CDT
Did you let them lapse and then re-start when the group spells changed?

Have you done any casts other than 'mana spellup'? (That command simulates a single cast... not a 'four hour' set of casts.)
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/05/2016 11:34 AM CDT
I saw 307 and 310 roll over their durations a few times. I don't think it was using mana spellup, and it was rare and very inconsistent - like maybe it only happened if the current counter minute/second was a 0, or a certain cycle of the moon, and only while joined in a group. I imagine it would be pretty hard to track down. This was last year, though -- I haven't seen it lately.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/16/2016 06:19 PM CDT
So this seems undesirable...

>Syphaer's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kittai appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Luthiun's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kittai's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Synathaesia appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Synathaesia's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Ayshiren's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Dalanthia's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Nazagor's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kazastrahd's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Norgard's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Valivarre's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Brokkrsten appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Brokkrsten's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kirlokin appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Kirlokin's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Azaton appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Rozy's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Jensun appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Sweetsin appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Maylan appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Ayshiren appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Valivarre appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Rozy appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Tseqa appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Maetriks appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Ushakaron appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Syphaer appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Luthiun appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Dalanthia appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Nazagor appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Kazastrahd appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Norgard appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Jensun's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Sweetsin's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Maylan's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Tseqa's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Valivarre sits down.
>Jespin's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Sadiyah appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Sadiyah's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Linol appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Linol's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Ordim appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Ordim's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Cotelle appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Cotelle's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Belsebrak appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Belsebrak's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kabirai appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Kabirai's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Baraken appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Baraken's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Jespin appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>(Sweetsin holds her cupcake up high.)
>Rozy flails her arms about.
>Dimenir appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Dimenir's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Jyax appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Jyax's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Valivarre stares off into space.
>Jensun screams!
>Sweetsin raises her chocolate cupcake skyward!
>Valivarre says, "Come ob."
>Kessut's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Kessut appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Mellny's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Mellny appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Dreow appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Your bolstered defenses fade with the soft glow about you.
>Dreow's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>The subdued warmth embracing you fades along with the spiritual force surrounding your arms.
>Ulkov begins to twitch.
>Great Lady Leafiara just arrived with her companions, skipping merrily.
>Baraken just went south.
>Veie appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Veie's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Ordim flails his arms about.
>Valivarre scowls.
>Sadiyah covers her eyes with her hands.
>Velmea appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Ilande's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around her arms.
>Ilande appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around her form.
>Velmea's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Ordim squints at Sweetsin.
>Kirlokin attaches a black mithril mesh sack to his glass vial.
>Luthiun darkly says, "What is going on."
>Ealanas asks, "What the heck?"
>Luceon gets a blank look on his face.
>Whill appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Whill's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
>Blackbard appears less battle-ready as a soft glow dissipates from around his form.
>Blackbard's movements no longer appear to be influenced by a divine power as the spiritual force fades from around his arms.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/16/2016 06:52 PM CDT
There's some other bug going on here because after joining the big group and it being disbanded by the GM, the Benediction and Warding Sphere stayed on my character who is clearly not a cleric. Later, when another character joined, they also got both spells shared, so it's somehow auto-refreshing.

>You currently have the following active spells:
Benediction ........................ 0:00:15
Warding Sphere ..................... 0:00:30
Mass Blur .......................... 0:33:29
ESP ................................ 2:50:35
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/16/2016 08:52 PM CDT
Mass spell melts do seem to be an ongoing problem during large group events. I recommend squelching those strings if the GMs can't fix it.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/17/2016 12:35 PM CDT

There's some other bug going on here because after joining the big group and it being disbanded by the GM, the Benediction and Warding Sphere stayed on my character who is clearly not a cleric. Later, when another character joined, they also got both spells shared, so it's somehow auto-refreshing.

Was the original caster still in the same room as you?

I have to dig into the GM toolset and see why the tool being used isn't playing well with the spell updates.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/17/2016 12:41 PM CDT
> Was the original caster still in the same room as you?

That I'm not sure as it was a massive crowd, but it was just that one room. I noticed after I left the room later that the spells immediately dropped.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/17/2016 12:54 PM CDT
That I'm not sure as it was a massive crowd, but it was just that one room. I noticed after I left the room later that the spells immediately dropped.

The group logic that I'm using is the same as the previous spells were using. Meaning if the leader is still in the room (even if the group is disbanded) the party members will still benefit from the spell until leaving the room. This used to just buy you additional time to get back into the group without losing the spells, but now it's more noticeable because changing group dynamics allow for weird things. Like leaving the caster's group and creating a different group in the same room, but benefiting from the original group's spells.

I'll have to dig through the original code and see what options are available to clean it up a bit.

Viduus
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/17/2016 12:59 PM CDT
>Meaning if the leader is still in the room (even if the group is disbanded) the party members will still benefit from the spell until leaving the room.

I didn't realize that was how things worked. Somehow I thought it was always tied to the refresh cycle, so once it ended, the spells would drop if someone was no longer joined to the caster (cleric). I'm not too bothered by it, but I just wanted to be sure nothing was buggy.

Thanks for looking into things.
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/20/2016 11:53 AM CDT
It seems something changed so the refresh cycle happens more slowly now, but even though I received the messaging that I became empowered, it also took another minute or so for the AS benefit for Benediction to actually kick in:

Benediction ........................ 0:00:38
Warding Sphere ..................... 0:00:07
Re: Group Spells Get Friendly! 09/21/2016 11:49 AM CDT
>It seems something changed so the refresh cycle happens more slowly now, but even though I received the messaging that I became empowered, it also took another minute or so for the AS benefit for Benediction to actually kick in:

Whatever changed seems to be a nerf of sorts because the spells still drop quickly if you and the cleric get separated for some reason, but you have to manually not only disband but go to separate rooms for a few seconds, then rejoin to get the messaging that the spells have returned. However, the Benediction benefit doesn't actually return for another several minutes afterwards, so it's taking a while for the refresh cycle to kick in despite the messaging.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page