Prev_page Previous 1
Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 08:23 PM CDT
A few people have asked if the Fusion Shaman will be at EG this year, since he was removed from access aboard the Firebird.

The short answer is yes, he'll be in Foxfire Manor where he was the last couple years. The off the shelf gear in the shop has updated descriptions, but will only have one fusion slot. The prices have been lowered on all gear.

Also, this will be the last year the Shaman will make an appearance in Feywrot Mire. He will be eventually moving to a new venue, which we will announce at that time.

~Liia
APM, Events & World Development

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 08:47 PM CDT
>The off the shelf gear in the shop has updated descriptions, but will only have one fusion slot. The prices have been lowered on all gear.

One slot? Is this the new direction of fusion gear?

An announcer shouts, "Introducing our new combatant, Duskruin Arena Hero Durakar al'Yari Faendryl the Captain of the Mist Harbor Militia, hailing from Isle of the Four Winds!"
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 08:51 PM CDT
A few people have asked if the Fusion Shaman will be at EG this year, since he was removed from access aboard the Firebird.
The short answer is yes, he'll be in Foxfire Manor where he was the last couple years. The off the shelf gear in the shop has updated descriptions, but will only have one fusion slot. The prices have been lowered on all gear.
Also, this will be the last year the Shaman will make an appearance in Feywrot Mire. He will be eventually moving to a new venue, which we will announce at that time.
~Liia

This should have been communicated prior to everyone buying tickets. One of the main selling points for me to purchase a ticket was attending the fusion shaman, and buying fusion daggers. 1-slot fusion gear has never been sold to my knowledge, and changing it after I bought a ticket is highly disappointing.

I think the fusion gear should remain at 2-slots, as they have always been, and you can change it afterwards.

Changing it after tickets have been purchased seems very shady and bait-and-switch.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 08:51 PM CDT
So, why the drop from 2 to 1 slots off the shelf?

Does this mean we're going to be getting a new fancy fusion like script that we can unlock at the next pay event? Or is this just something else?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 09:40 PM CDT
<The short answer is yes, he'll be in Foxfire Manor where he was the last couple years. The off the shelf gear in the shop has updated descriptions, but will only have one fusion slot. The prices have been lowered on all gear.>

You have got to be kidding? Only one slot? :-(
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 09:49 PM CDT
>>Changing it after tickets have been purchased seems very shady and bait-and-switch.

Shops, etc. are subject to change every year. This isn't a bait and switch. We didn't advertise anything about this gear in advance. We are giving you some info ahead of time like we do for other shops. Because there was a specific question about the shaman's presence, we wanted to let you know he'd be there. I offered some extra details about this shop, and I wanted you to know that he will not be at Feywrot next year, so you can come if that fact had you on the fence.

~Liia

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 09:57 PM CDT
>>Changing it after tickets have been purchased seems very shady and bait-and-switch.
Shops, etc. are subject to change every year. This isn't a bait and switch. We didn't advertise anything about this gear in advance. We are giving you some info ahead of time like we do for other shops. Because there was a specific question about the shaman's presence, we wanted to let you know he'd be there. I offered some extra details about this shop, and I wanted you to know that he will not be at Feywrot next year, so you can come if that fact had you on the fence.
~Liia

I realize that shops are subject to change every year, but when year after year the shop is exactly the same. It sets expectations. You advertised (at Simucon) that the Fusion Shaman would be at Ebon Gate. You failed to mention then that there would be any changes to the shop, and instead waited until 1 day prior to the event opening to mention that fact. That seems very shady, considering 300+ people have already bought tickets.

You may have provided extra details about the shop, but it's more like you provided a huge shop nerf 1 day prior to an event opening after everyone had already bought tickets. Again, shady.

I wasn't on the fence, I bought a ticket with the expectation that the fusion shaman and shop, would be the same as it has always been. Changing it last minute is a bait-and-switch.

This was poorly announced, and it's very disappointing.

You should honor the same service (2-slot fusion gear) and change it after this event. Where we all assume it's going to some type of pay event, because, you know, grab all the cash you can right?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 10:06 PM CDT
The 1-slot fusion arms for sale this year are not a global change to all fusion gear. You can still buy the hundreds of thousands of items that were sold since fusion came to be, which was at Feywrot Mire. Prior to that for over 15 years of EG, there was no fusion.

This isn't shady or a bait and switch. We're just answering a question that got lost with us getting EG operational. This is the last year fusion will be at EG, as Liia mentioned.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 10:07 PM CDT

You could always just buy a 2 fusion slot dagger from a previous from someone else. No need to get uppity about the change. Things change, I'm sure they have a good reason.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/15/2015 10:15 PM CDT
The 1-slot fusion arms for sale this year are not a global change to all fusion gear. You can still buy the hundreds of thousands of items that were sold since fusion came to be, which was at Feywrot Mire. Prior to that for over 15 years of EG, there was no fusion.
This isn't shady or a bait and switch. We're just answering a question that got lost with us getting EG operational. This is the last year fusion will be at EG, as Liia mentioned.

I realize it's not a global change, I am able to read and comprehend these last minute changes.

You can spin the change any way you like, but the event hasn't even started and I have a bad taste in mouth about the whole thing already.

Also, if there are "hundreds of thousands of items" already available, it's pointless to remove them from this event AT THE LAST MINUTE. All you're doing is causing prices to skyrocket from pathetic people who want to price gouge everyone. Good job.

I think it's shady and a last minute bait and switch, you can call it whatever you like.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:00 AM CDT
You are overreacting in my opinion.

Saying that the main reason you bought an EG ticket is for a 2-slot dagger... seems disingenuous. You can buy those on the open market for much less than the price of an EG ticket.

There was no discount for early purchase, you can easily wait a few days after the gates open and see what's available before buying your tickets like I did last year.

All that said, that's a very weird approach considering you had 3 slot fusion in unlimited quantities earlier this year. (Which I missed and now are no longer available, argh!!!!)

Will the shaman be doing his normal orbing service? It was not mentioned, so I assume that to mean yes, but best to check.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:39 AM CDT
<You can spin the change any way you like, but the event hasn't even started and I have a bad taste in mouth about the whole thing already. I think it's shady and a last minute bait and switch, you can call it whatever you like.>

I wish we could get through one event without someone whining about bait and switches, unfairness and leaving bad tastes in peoples mouth, just put on your big boy pants and act it...I would understand whining over digging has now been changed to one prize at the end of EG based on what you spent, but really a fusion slot, you're bothered by an enhancive slot...if it makes that much of a difference to you I am sure you can find two slot fusion items in shops or advertise on the unofficials

Now everyone else get ready to DIG DIG DIG

You also see the Shilarra disk etched with the image of a Vathor
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:58 AM CDT
You are overreacting in my opinion.
Saying that the main reason you bought an EG ticket is for a 2-slot dagger... seems disingenuous. You can buy those on the open market for much less than the price of an EG ticket.
There was no discount for early purchase, you can easily wait a few days after the gates open and see what's available before buying your tickets like I did last year.
All that said, that's a very weird approach considering you had 3 slot fusion in unlimited quantities earlier this year. (Which I missed and now are no longer available, argh!!!!)
Will the shaman be doing his normal orbing service? It was not mentioned, so I assume that to mean yes, but best to check.

You're free to have whatever opinion you like.

I did not say however, that the main reason I bought a ticket is for fusion gear. It was just something I was very much looking forward to buying in addition to the other benefits of attending. Hence me being upset about it being changed at the last minute. Had it been communicated in advance of tickets actually going on sale, to where I wouldn't be looking forward to it, after buying a ticket, I would have been much less upset. Because I would have been making an informed decision. As it sits, I made a decision based upon what has always been offered, every single year, which was changed, again, at the last minute. I feel as if I lose some of the value that my ticket provided.

<You can spin the change any way you like, but the event hasn't even started and I have a bad taste in mouth about the whole thing already. I think it's shady and a last minute bait and switch, you can call it whatever you like.>
I wish we could get through one event without someone whining about bait and switches, unfairness and leaving bad tastes in peoples mouth, just put on your big boy pants and act it...I would understand whining over digging has now been changed to one prize at the end of EG based on what you spent, but really a fusion slot, you're bothered by an enhancive slot...if it makes that much of a difference to you I am sure you can find two slot fusion items in shops or advertise on the unofficials
Now everyone else get ready to DIG DIG DIG

You mean like when people complained about bait-and-switch when self-recharging idols were sold off the shelf, and then nerfed? Or when large amount belt worns were sold off the shelf, and then nerfed?

You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. As I stated above, I was looking forward to cheap 2-slot fusion gear, now I'm forced to pay someone who wants to price gouge due to this announcement. I guess I should be thrilled about that.

It still makes no sense, when Wyrom stated himself, there are hundreds of thousands of fusion gear out there. Does it really matter if it's sold one last time and then changed? All this change does is punish people who wanted gear, while rewarding those who hoarded.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 02:10 AM CDT
I'm fine with it. The real point is the shaman creates orbs, not that slotted stuff was sold.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 02:46 AM CDT
I found nine 2 slot fusion daggers for sale in player shops without any deep searching including 4 for less than 100k. You could buy them all as well as the hundreds of other cheap 2 slot fusion items for sale and then you too could be a dastardly member of the fusion bait and switch price gouging conspiracy.

Vhorg Emberskald
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 02:57 AM CDT
COLLUSION!
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 03:11 AM CDT
I found nine 2 slot fusion daggers for sale in player shops without any deep searching including 4 for less than 100k. You could buy them all as well as the hundreds of other cheap 2 slot fusion items for sale and then you too could be a dastardly member of the fusion bait and switch price gouging conspiracy.
Vhorg Emberskald

I see 5 daggers, so you must know a description I'm not familiar with. But when were those player shops updated?
Because the daggers you see for 100k or less?

Djinn's is sold. (50k)
Whorten = listed for 75k, has been repriced at 500k (Shop has not been updated)
Tinker = shop closed (He stated he was going to reprice at 2 million)
Ungerd = 250k
Varucca = 450k

So please, try again.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 06:21 AM CDT
Wow, I'm stunned.

Eryyk has a point. You don't sell tickets to an event with the expectation of gear being available and then nerf the gear and post about it the day before the event.

Fusion shaman has been gone for months... months, with no explanation, other than "we're looking into fusion" and the day before it comes back you nerf the off the shelf gear.

And 90% of you people are okay with this?

Wow, talk about blind obedience.

"Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!"

"Baaaahh!"

<shakes his head>

-Dark
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 06:45 AM CDT
Any chance uac gloves and shoes are going to be offered fusion style this year (or eventually)?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 07:10 AM CDT
So what I'm literally hearing is: A change was mage to something player's ASSUMED wouldn't change, although they knew something unknown was going to happen to the system the shop is focused solely upon? Yeah, quit with the tantrums, you sound ridiculous. ..or skip EG, more fun and services for the people not hung up on expectations they set for themselves based on assumptions. "One shop got minorly nerfed? bI etter freak out on the forums like a drunk Gary Busey. How dare they update a thing I knew was being updated. Bait and switch!"

I can't believe the crap people find an excuse to complain about.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 07:28 AM CDT
My question is when was the decision to change the shop made? Was it before or after tickets went on sale? If it was before, why wait? Not being able to see this might irk people is either lack of understanding of your customers, or a lack of caring. Fusion gear is likely one of the most popular items at EG year-to-year.

Further, if people want a refund to a pay event for any reason, they should be able to get one so long as the event has not yet started. If they were able to cram microtransactions into the aging Jenga puzzle that is Simutronics, i'm sure they can fit refunds in there as well.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 07:47 AM CDT
the aging Jenga puzzle that is Simutronics

I have no real opinion either way here but this made me chuckle.

Okay I lied, I have an opinion. Can we please get a moderator to move this thread to the Bad/Ugly category so we can get back to discussing EG here?

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 08:30 AM CDT
>The 1-slot fusion arms for sale this year are not a global change to all fusion gear. You can still buy the hundreds of thousands of items that were sold since fusion came to be, which was at Feywrot Mire. Prior to that for over 15 years of EG, there was no fusion.

>This isn't shady or a bait and switch. We're just answering a question that got lost with us getting EG operational. This is the last year fusion will be at EG, as Liia mentioned.

I have no real horse in this race since I'm have little interest in attending a mostly fluff paid event, but I still think it's really bad form to announce a change to something that's been in place for years after tickets went on sale instead of beforehand, despite the whole "subject to change" line.

It's just good business to keep people informed of things like that before they hand over their money, not after, and you (or whoever it was that made the call) know better than this, or at least should.

~ Methais
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 08:45 AM CDT
"You mean like when people complained about bait-and-switch when self-recharging idols were sold off the shelf, and then nerfed? Or when large amount belt worns were sold off the shelf, and then nerfed?" -- ErykK2

There's a difference between sold items being retroactively changed, and the for-sale inventory of a shop that isn't even open yet being announced in advance of said opening as being different from what that inventory may have consisted of in the past.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 09:27 AM CDT

I'm with Krakii on this one much different when an item you already bought is changed, and when a shop that you have been warned is "Subject to change" is surprise surprise... changed.

I do think if this was a decision made before tickets went on sale it would have been nice to have heard of before, but that would have been GMs going out of their way to be courteous which is always appreciated.

I am also very curious about why? Seems strange to change at this point, it will likely keep me from using most fusion gear for a while now. (Not that I was vastly invested in that game but still odd.)

I've already seen the price changes change greatly in response to this news. Any word on if the 1 slot will be standard (As currently planned) going forward or will we see 2-slots make a reappearance somewhere?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 09:27 AM CDT
Why are posts like 9007 and 9017 not pulled? 9007 clearly is mocking and calling Erykk2 a whiner and 9017 is insulting people by saying they are throwing "tantrums" simply because they are voicing an opinion.

I'm with Erykk2 on this. But there's obviously a bigger problem here...that Simu continues to make decisions that significantly affect the players without player input and with poor communication.

I had heard that there was a minor problem with the claids in the Firebird...thus the temporary closing. Now out of the blue, all the fusion shaman's inventory is getting a major nerf. One of the only things I really needed was to pick up a set of fusion full leather this year...it's on my EG list. Try finding fusion full leather in the players shops...it's not there. I'll end up paying 500k or 1m now for a set that used to cost 100k at EG.

I really want to go to EG. Wyrom, please postpone the nerf until after EG. Please stop giving us reasons to quit.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 10:46 AM CDT

>I really want to go to EG. Wyrom, please postpone the nerf until after EG. Please stop giving us reasons to quit.

You're going to quit GS over a set of armor? Really? Stop trying to strong arm the GM's with threats of leaving the game just to save a bit of silver. They made the change. I'm sure with good reason even if none of us know why at this point. Suck it up, pay a million (oh gosh, a whole million silver!) for your 2 slot full leathers and move on.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 10:51 AM CDT

I'm continually amazed with the vitriol that people get away with on these boards. Someone raises a concern over a proposed change and is immediately shouted down and insulted by a half dozen people with absolutely no repercussions.

I'm sure I will eventually get banned for stating my opinion, regardless of my attempts to not attack any individuals. Yet, you have people specifically targeting posters with impunity.

So sad.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 10:54 AM CDT
Takes all her toys and goes home If you are going to quit over a enhancive slot do it, don't bash the gm's the company, the game, just because YOU perceive there was a bait and switch.
Things change all the time, just because the collective YOU are not happy with it or perceive you have been duped does not make it wrong, or a bait and switch as it's been called. As I stated before stop whining over every little thing, and I am not calling ONE person a whiner I am calling on all whiners that seem to think that because something they perceived as a must have is a no more, grow up, grow a pair and move on or take your toys and go.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:03 AM CDT
I purchased my ticket prior to the announcement of the change to fusion gear. I think there was a lot of anticipation for 2-slot availability at this event(and looking at the Firebird folder that unexpectedly shut down 2-slot sales, a lot of demand). Additionally, from conversations here and at Simucon, there was no expectation nor anticipation of a down-tweak in fusion arms and armaments.

I googled the definition off bait-and-switch
noun
the action (generally illegal) of advertising goods that are an apparent bargain, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods.

I'm no lawyer (and while I agree some people are turned off by making a purchase and then struggling with the current refund policy when they are dissatisfied) and i'm not interested in a refund, I can see how the tone of fusion conversations prior to the announcement could create an expectation that is certainly not being satisfied with the current offering. I have a feeling that some people will buy 1-slot fusion but it is a fair representation of the aforementioned 'bait and switch' interpretation being thrown around.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:09 AM CDT

>Why are posts like 9007 and 9017 not pulled? 9007 clearly is mocking and calling Erykk2 a whiner and 9017 is insulting people by saying they are throwing "tantrums" simply because they are voicing an opinion.

I see we have very different definitions of mocking and insulting.

You and everyone else has the right to post your opinion. Everyone else has the right to post their counter opinion. Just because they point out that they think your opinion is just complaining in a petulant way, does not mean they are insulting or mocking you. The world does not use kid gloves most of the time.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:10 AM CDT

While I can understand that some people are put off about the reduction from 2 slot to 1 slot fusion, I highly doubt you will change anything at this point, especially not with the accusation-slinging and somewhat personal attacks towards staff, who in my opinion, have never given me a reason to distrust them.

That said, you can continue to work yourselves into a frenzy and keep sucking on that bad taste in your mouth, or... bear with me here, I'm going to get crazy... OR.... you could enjoy the event as it was meant to be intended. I know, crazy right?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:14 AM CDT
I love you, Wyrom, but I really have to disagree here. The vast majority of players don't tend to buy a lot of gear beyond what they are actually going to use themselves, and some varieties of 2 slot items were already very hard to find if not impossible. For your average player looking for that stuff and especially any newer players, the price bump you've just caused will probably also be an issue. No matter what people think of this change, the timing is extremely poor. If it was going to be implemented before EG, it should have been done and announced ahead of time, not when the fest is about to start. Even the recent free fest had some 2 slot shields.

I also have to question the why. Fusion gear is extremely time consuming and expensive to take to 7x and find the best orbs for, and takes up the script slot on items which can be extremely useful. Was it suddenly decided after years that the bonuses from even 2 slots can be too high? Regardless, the actual problem here isn't fusion if the stat/skill bonuses one can get are the reason you're changing fusion. The actual issue is just how high the bonuses to skills and stats can go in general with enhancives. Fusion is only one way to get closer to the caps. Great as the uproar would probably be, if you want to deal with that, you're going to have to lower the ceiling on skill and stat bonus caps from the massive numbers they currently are.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:15 AM CDT

>bait-and-switch

Actually, the fact that there would be "changes to fusion" was announced long before tickets went on sale. While they didn't say what, they certainly did not advertise that the fusion shop would be exactly the same. There are thousands of 2-slot fusion items out there. Anyone who wants one should be able to get one. Yes it will be more expensive, but now pricing will be more in line with the item's ability vs. the fact that you can get it unlimited at least once per year.

That said, it would have been nice if the full details of the fusion changes were announced sooner, but it does not make me regret buying EG tickets.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:21 AM CDT

So, it's bait and switch if they adjust anything that you came to expect from past EGs?

No more T1-T3 prizes!? BAIT-AND-SWIIIIIIIITCH! I wanted 50 more bacon scented lamp oil! I wanted 347 more weapon hilt-wraps of varying styles!

You're not allowed to change things! The state of balance in the game is of no concern to me, and I expect any edits you've made to EG as a whole from year to year to be released in a sort of 'patch notes' so that I won't be tempted to overreact over something minor that I find disappointing because it's easy to forget that the staff is excitedly working on things they genuinely think will make us happy. And I swear if you recognize the humanity of the staff I'll make suck-up comments like it'll prove you wrong!
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:26 AM CDT
I don't use fusion items so this doesn't impact me. But I can certainly understand why people are upset. If something has been available every year at a particular event and assumed available. You'd think that there would be a bit more notice. Why scale it back now after years of it being available? Why do it with such a lack of notice after tickets were already purchased?

Why not just make it available one last time due to the short notice and then make the change next time?

Again this doesn't impact my purchase but it will impact me when people quit over something like this. I'd rather not see people leave Gemstone.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:27 AM CDT
For the t1-t3 prize thing. It was announced and made known well before tickets were made available for purchase.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:27 AM CDT

I could be wrong, but since the event hasn't started, perhaps you could call billing and cancel your ticket purchase, if the fusion item was the only thing you wanted from EG. Problem solved, right?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:30 AM CDT

>I don't use fusion items so this doesn't impact me. But I can certainly understand why people are upset. If something has been available every year at a particular event and assumed available. You'd think that there would be a bit more notice. Why scale it back now after years of it being available? Why do it with such a lack of notice after tickets were already purchased?

They (GM's) stated that fusion was under review quite a while ago. This would imply there would be changes.

>Why not just make it available one last time due to the short notice and then make the change next time?

Because they are changing fusion, and need to start somewhere. Again, there are thousands of 2 slot fusion items in the game, they can be bought from other players. They did not remove fusion. They made it harder to get 2 slot fusion by a small margin.

>Again this doesn't impact my purchase but it will impact me when people quit over something like this. I'd rather not see people leave Gemstone.

If someone quits the game over a 2 slot fusion item or the extra silver it costs to get it...then I guess good riddance? If you can't handle the ever changing aspect of the game, you really should not be playing it.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:31 AM CDT
Contact billing and get a refund then. It's an easy process.
Prev_page Previous 1