Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 11:49 AM CDT
<The vast majority of players don't tend to buy a lot of gear beyond what they are actually going to use themselves>

Are you serious? How is it that just about everyone I know has had overflowing lockers since well before either alchemy or gem tasks existed, then?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:03 PM CDT
Couple of thoughts:

(1) There will be a decrease in the market price of enhancive items that are just good for orbing. Hopefully, we will see that price decrease before the festival ends, but it takes time. If you already bought enhancives for orbing, then you lost money, because you will be able to resell those items after this change for only a fraction of what you paid. If you haven't bought any yet, then there will be some bargains if prices fall quickly. If players think the policy will be reversed, then they will delay decreasing prices.

(2) If you already have enhancive items you planned to orb for your own use (as opposed to orbing for resale), then I recommend orbing them despite this change. You will eventually find a two-slot fusion weapon, armor or shield, if you are patient. If you have enhancive items you planned to orb for resale, then it's not clear what you should do.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:04 PM CDT
It's been stated time and again that people do not like when a company offers one thing and then changes it at the last minute with absolutely no warning or good reason.

You can complain all you want about people complaining, but it doesn't change the fact that people are upset over this.

Gemstone is a community, despite what you may think it does not exist in a vacuum. If you upset your customers enough, they will leave. Then, the next time you're looking for a mage to spell you up, or enchant your gear, or a rogue to open your boxes and can't find anyone, don't act all surprised or bemoan the lack of players. It's moments like these that define a company AND a playerbase.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I've said my peace, you can go back to throwing your money at Simu and complaining about paying customers who voice a dissenting opinion. I'm done with this hypocrisy.

-Dark
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:10 PM CDT

>It's been stated time and again that people do not like when a company offers one thing and then changes it at the last minute with absolutely no warning or good reason.

To say there was no warning for this is absolutely false. The Firebird fusion shop was closed in mid-May (I noted it on the Wiki) and fusion was stated to be "under review." That typically means some sort of nerf is coming down the line.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:24 PM CDT
What I'm more curious about now is what they thought was wrong with fusion in the first place. I'm sure "changes to fusion" just means nerf, but I'm curious what the reasoning is.

If there are thousands of 2 slot fusion items already, then what would making new ones unavailable do besides just inflate prices for existing ones on the player market? People will still be running around with them everywhere. Sure, maybe the 1 new player that shows up in 2023 might not be able to get ahold of one, but aside from that, I don't see what effect Simu expects it's going to have.

~ Methais
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:25 PM CDT
I just want to know why after a few years it's suddenly not okay. What changed?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:31 PM CDT

>I just want to know why after a few years it's suddenly not okay. What changed?

my guess is the exceedingly high number of high level enhancives out there (>+10 to skill bonus, or >+10 stat). I do not think the treasure from Duskruin was well thought out if this is the case.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 12:52 PM CDT

I do think, a little warning would have been appreciated by most. I think even with the reduction for off shelf items. A raffle or two with 2 slot fusion gear (armor type players choice) weapon players choice, and runestaff with 3-5 winners during EG would be nice.

Most that do not have xxx item, just want a chance to get one.

John
Aurach
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:01 PM CDT
I don't know... I think we can safely assume that this is the prelude to an event that offers a service to add fusion slots to existing gear. Simu must know that with thousands of existing two-slot items, no one is going to be rushing to use one-slot items.

I predict that in his new home the Fusion Shaman will finally be able to add a slot to existing fusion items (up to a maximum of two slots) and that this mysterious new event will include one or more auction level services to add a slot beyond two slots.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:02 PM CDT

>I do think, a little warning would have been appreciated by most. I think even with the reduction for off shelf items.

Why do people keep saying there was no warning?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:05 PM CDT

Probably because there was no official post declaring there was going to be a reduction. Not really rocket science.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:08 PM CDT
The fusion 'review' came shortly after the gm's discovered they had accidentally released 1x fusion claidhmores (instead of +2 non-magical invar). It was my assessments they needed to fix that (and the fact that fusion wasn't displaying correctly in playershops) and not an unnecessary down-tweak (as said, there are 1000's of 2-slot and they suggested 2-slot will return).
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:10 PM CDT

>Probably because there was no official post declaring there was going to be a reduction. Not really rocket science.

It's not really rocket science when a system is publicly declared to be "under review" to not expect things to be the same in the near future.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:20 PM CDT

Which goes right back to, there was no reason not to give mention of the reduction to fusion items to be sold, before selling tickets to an event with the fusion shaman.

Not sure why your all upset that people have posted displeasure in it being a last minute change to something they were looking forward to.

Me, I can see their point even if it does not affect me. Since I have the couple fusion items I tend to use.

-shrug-

John
Aurach
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:26 PM CDT

>Not sure why your all upset that people have posted displeasure in it being a last minute change to something they were looking forward to.

I'm not upset, see my venting earlier in the folder from the other night if you want to see me upset.

I am just pointing out that it is false to say there was no warning. I'm all for fair criticism, but making false declarations does not fall under fair.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:27 PM CDT

"One person knows what is best for the game, the rest of you can go to hell!"

He sees no irony in this statement. Let that sink in.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:34 PM CDT

>Not sure why your all upset that people have posted displeasure in it being a last minute change to something they were looking forward to.

Not upset. Confused. People have been asking if the fusion shaman would even be there, so claiming they had expectations of 2 slot fusion gear seems misleading at best. We now get confirmation that yes, he will be there, and his wares have changed. Shops at any event are subject to change. This is not news. So this sudden outburst of a shops contents changing being unfair is..well confusing. Until the moment it was confirmed that the shaman would be at Ebon, there was and should not have been any expectations of fusion gear or making orbs.

This just seems like another chance for people to complain because their perfect Gemstone world is not being fulfilled.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:34 PM CDT
I know that we have the ability to 'ignore' specific accounts, and that's cool and all.

Is there a corresponding way to flag certain accounts as "those I want to keep a lookout for"?

I'm reading a couple of these and thinking, "Wow, it's like an alternate Me just said that. And someone else will take the heat for having posted it, too!"

Good to find like-thinking folk. :)
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:45 PM CDT

I guess if a person was looking forward to getting a 2 slot fusion item (not exactly Uber gear to most of us), (since they have not just bought it on market or do not have it from before) it might just be they are the average player that has not been here forever and are actually looking and saving silvers for a cool item for themselves. If you cannot see why that might be a disappointment for some, I guess there is not reason to continue the conversation.

John

Aurach
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:48 PM CDT
>I'm not upset, see my venting earlier in the folder from the other night if you want to see me upset. -Allereli

Link please.

(I love seeing you all frenzied up in a rant) :P

~ Methais
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:49 PM CDT

>I guess if a person was looking forward to getting a 2 slot fusion item (not exactly Uber gear to most of us), (since they have not just bought it on market or do not have it from before) it might just be they are the average player that has not been here forever and are actually looking and saving silvers for a cool item for themselves.

I repriced all the fusion items for the shops I manage under 1 mil. They are still available to the average player. Plenty of people have stashes of 2-slot fusion.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 01:53 PM CDT
Trin it's not a good idea to say good riddance to players. I'd much rather see this game continue to run instead of being shut down due to a dwelling population. I can care less about fushion. I'm looking forward to a less crowded EG. I think it's a stupid thing to quit over personally. But I wouldn't say good riddance to those players. I want the game to continue to run. I'm sure many had that mind set when we were at 2k players. Now we are under 500...
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 02:19 PM CDT

>Shut down the ability to make orbs.

The shaman on The Firebird was hardly open for long before it was shut down. Historically, EG has been the only place to make orbs, except for the RTCF/CCF years.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 02:47 PM CDT
These attacks towards one another needs to stop RIGHT NOW. If you can't remember to adhere to policy on the forums when posting then please refrain from posting at all.

There's a huge difference between posting agreements/disagreements about the shop change itself versus slamming other customers because of their opinion on the matter.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 03:02 PM CDT
>>(2) If you already have enhancive items you planned to orb for your own use (as opposed to orbing for resale), then I recommend orbing them despite this change. You will eventually find a two-slot fusion weapon, armor or shield, if you are patient. If you have enhancive items you planned to orb for resale, then it's not clear what you should do.

Honestly, this was the first EG where I even considered buying fusion fulls to turn into a personal project because I had items worth orbing and using. I'm not really hurt by the fact that I won't have 2-slot versions available. I'm patient. I can wait until the next time they're released to get what I want.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 03:06 PM CDT

My apologies, Aulis. Not trying to do anything but state my opinion, which I believe I have a right to.

I have spent $234 on Ebons Gate this year, I'm sure some have spent less, others more. Doesn't make my opinion better or worse than anyone elses. But, I do believe that it entitles me to have an opinion on the matter.

I'll leave your thread in peace now.

-Dark
Staff Response 10/16/2015 03:29 PM CDT
Is anyone going to respond to some of the comments and questions that have been brought up?
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 03:44 PM CDT

>I have spent $234 on Ebons Gate this year, I'm sure some have spent less, others more. Doesn't make my opinion better or worse than anyone elses. But, I do believe that it entitles me to have an opinion on the matter.

You could have just said :

I spent money on Ebon this year, I feel that entitles me to have an opinion on the matter.

The amounts are pointless to the argument. All I see by you spending that much on Ebon is you're taking multiple characters to attempt to push the raffles in your favor.
Re: Staff Response 10/16/2015 04:09 PM CDT
I'm sure someone will be along. It is the middle of a work day, though. Most of us have a long night ahead of us tonight.

SGM Sleken
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 04:10 PM CDT
<All I see by you spending that much on Ebon is you're taking multiple characters to attempt to push the raffles in your favor.>

You need glasses then.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 04:13 PM CDT

I find several of the posts in this thread to be quite histrionic.

I am also disappointed because I've been getting orbs together for a fusion fulls set and now it looks like the costs for that are going to sky-rocket.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 04:49 PM CDT
For what it is worth, without any hyperbole about the state of Elanthia, I am disappointed by this change and think it was poorly communicated. A vague explanation five months ago in relation to a different event that the fusion system was being reviewed clearly did not indicate to the general community that 2-slot fusion is on the way out. Surely this decision was not made yesterday - there have been EG teasers for months and frequent reference to the months-long QC process for EG shops and requests. Mentioning the change the day before the event started was poor timing and a disservice to the customers that pay additional money for this event, a chief draw of which is the exclusivity of fusion gear. I understand that players are not privy to game design and balance discussions and that projects take time, but this change left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Hopefully with the recent staff changes and reorganization there is some thought to how changes like this one can be better communicated to the customers.

(Still excited for EG though.)
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 04:58 PM CDT
Go read the EG topic.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 05:08 PM CDT
Two accounts, two full passes, $234.

If you can't do simple math, that's not my problem.
Re: Fusion Shaman - Ebon Gate 10/16/2015 07:26 PM CDT

I know it sucks for the GMs involved having to switch things back and forth, and to pull back on decisions you (or others) maybe have made, Wyrom. But I think going back to 2-slot for this event was a good call.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page