Prev_page Previous 1
PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 12:26 PM CDT
PSM: Phase 3 is now live on all instances. Please refer to the initial post at http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/GemStone%20IV%20Announcements/Important%20Announcements/view/3889 for more information.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 01:24 PM CDT
Notes and thoughts:

-Wspec was still known when I logged in my warrior but when I typed CMAN WSPEC to ensure the correct specialization was carried over, it completely unlearned the skill and returned the points. I was able to pull out my weapon and relearn the ranks right away and it didn't happen again when I typed CMAN WSPEC again. Not sure if it's a bug that it was unlearned when I typed the command or if it's a bug that it wasn't unlearned on log-in like a couple other things were...

-My rogue was given 5 ranks in Vault Kick even though he doesn't have any polearms training. Someone on Discord said this was the default skill given to replace Shadow Dance... if this is true then that's just stupid (I hate to say it that way, but it's the only shoe that fits). Should have just returned the CMAN points and let the 1 rogue that uses polearms manually train in Vault Kick rather then forcing all rogues that knew a completely unrelated CMAN manually unlearn a skill they have no use for.

-I about passed a brick through my bowels when I saw my rogue no longer had CMAN VANISH before I saw a minute later it was given to him as a feat. Kinda annoying I have to retrain my self to type FEAT VANISH after all these years, but least I still have it.

-It's annoying that skills I know only through the guild show up when I type CMAN LIST or CMAN INFO... if those were grouped all at the top or all at the bottom it wouldn't be so bad though

-It'd be nice if there was a way to know whether LMASTER FOCUS or 403/404 gave a bigger bonus without having to do a bunch of math. As it stands, unless a way to compare the bonuses becomes available, I won't be using LMASTER FOCUS because the syntax "STOP LMAS FOCUS" does not work... I have to type out the full command "STOP LMASTER FOCUS" to stop it. LMAS FOCUS does, however, turn it on.

-My rogue now has 58 CMAN points with nothing to spend them on cause... sniper. Unless someone can convince me there's a reason for Dust Shroud when I already have Vanish.... then he has 28 points with nowhere to put.

That's all for now, I'm sure there'll be more later.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 02:05 PM CDT
Congrats on the long haul there, Naijin.

Doug
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 03:46 PM CDT
Don't know if this is a bug for everyone or if just my armor is bugged with ARMOR SUPPORT since the launch. I am getting a flat ONE POUND of encumbrance reduction per rank of ARMOR SUPPORT.

I just noticed myself getting MORE (not less) encumbered despite increasing my ARMOR SUPPORT ranks from 3 to 5 today with the reduced point cost.

Wearing plate armor

Tested it standing at the bank and withdrawing silvers with and without Armor support applied. The threshold for me to go up a level of encumbrance (Light to Somewhat) was increased by 160 coins (1 pound) at rank one and by 800 coins (5 pounds) at rank 5. Should be = 5 + ((Armor Group + 1) * Rank) seeing a difference in this threshold of 5600 for plate armor.

I tried it with both my main set of plate armor and a spare set of plate armor from a locker. In both cases, the threshold for the same level of encumbrance increase with Rank 5 ARMOR SUPPORT applied was just 800 coins (5 pounds total).

Is anyone else seeing this? I've already BUGGED in game.

Mohrgan glances between Mohrgan and Mohrgan.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 09:01 PM CDT
Is there any chance that all these active spell windows (buff, unbuff, etc) can be consolidated back into one active spell window in stormfront, if we don't want to use all the new ones? I already have a complicated screen set up and don't care to add more screens to it. Many other folks I've talked to feel the same.

Also, there seems to a problem that bard songs now fill the whole 4 hour time band on the active spells window vs the 10 minutes they were and should show.

Thanks,
Regwen

A silver glow surrounds Regwen briefly.

Lheren says, "The Lord of Night has heard you, it seems."
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 09:24 PM CDT
Would just like to say CMAN MUG is fantastic. Thanks for all the work dev team.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/26/2021 11:02 PM CDT
I love MUG. And flurry/slashing strikes. Gives me Barb Rend vibes.

On a different note, is it just me or is Armor Spike Mastery not working? I've got the 2 ranks and prerequisites (to include spiked armor). I've been hit at least 100 times yet I'm seeing zero reactive spikes.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 08:52 AM CDT

The chainspear pull effectively is the dislodge maneuver with the RT to boot. Shouldn’t it also apply a weaken armament as well ?
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 11:11 AM CDT
Was there a change made to CMAN MUG from release? Previously you would stay hidden, but it now one seems to be revealed on use?
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 12:57 PM CDT
Upon unlearning Armored Evasion, and re-learning it again, have confirmed Armor Spike Mastery remains working as intended.

If you have another armor skill besides evasion and notice your spikes never flare, I'd recommend the same procedure.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 01:01 PM CDT
> Was there a change made to CMAN MUG from release? Previously you would stay hidden, but it now one seems to be revealed on use?

That was a bug.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 01:01 PM CDT
> If you have another armor skill besides evasion and notice your spikes never flare, I'd recommend the same procedure.

It was a bug that was fixed. It doesn't have anything to do with other armor skills.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 01:51 PM CDT
With the PSM: Phase 3 changes to making more things dependent on using Stamina and making it so that discipline bonus applies directly to defense it looks like elves are getting borked in combat. Is this the case? I know I'm not great at mechanics but on the surface at least it looks that way. Could you clarify that for me please? Thanks.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 03:58 PM CDT
One potential suggestion to improve on the in game documentation.

With all of the changes I found myself using CMAN help a lot to figure out what skills to train in now. The challenge I am seeing is that a lot of the CMANs now reference statuses that are not covered in the help information (requiring that I go out to the wiki to figure out what the in-game help is referencing). It would be a great add to have an additional in-game help feature that describes all of the various statuses (or maybe this already exists and I am simply not aware of it).

Examples:
CMAN HELP EXSANGUINATE references Major Bleed.
CMAN HELP DISENGAGE references Disengaged.
CMAN HELP SBLOW references Staggered.

I tried command STATUS and that seems oddly connected to WHO. Maybe this could be repurposed to actually show a list of statuses and what effects they have? Or failing that, simply provide a list of the various statuses covered and then details could be accessed via STATUS HELP <status>

In-game help loses a lot of its value when it requires that you reference external sources in order to understand it.

So far excited to see all of the bonus CMAN, SHIELD, and ARMOR points sitting on a few of my characters. Looking forward to being able to utilize some new skills once I get them all figured out!

Thanks!

-- Robert

>> A mongrel kobold points at you and yells, "Mine! Chasin!"
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 04:02 PM CDT
>> -I about passed a brick through my bowels when I saw my rogue no longer had CMAN VANISH before I saw a minute later it was given to him as a feat. Kinda annoying I have to retrain my self to type FEAT VANISH after all these years, but least I still have it.

Thanks for calling this out Starchitin - I wasn't even aware of the FEAT command yet!

-- Robert

Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 09:18 PM CDT
"With the PSM: Phase 3 changes to making more things dependent on using Stamina and making it so that discipline bonus applies directly to defense it looks like elves are getting borked in combat. Is this the case? I know I'm not great at mechanics but on the surface at least it looks that way. Could you clarify that for me please? Thanks."

Naijin. I'm guessing my question doesn't need answering? Am I correct in assuming then that, in melee combat, elves are compensated for in the things I pointed out or something else is happening in the mechanics so that the changes noted in your document don't actually affect anything with regards to elves and other races that have a negative discipline "bonus" and that races with low stamina are not adversely affected compared to before psm phase 3?
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 11:14 PM CDT
I've noticed creatures now act MUCH faster after being Feinted.

Did the implementation of "Staggered" change how RT affects creatures? Like do they now act instantly as soon as "Staggered" RT wears off? Whereas before they would act on their next turn, which was often several seconds after the RT wore off?

Whatever it is, the change is hugely noticeable and detrimental for me.

Also it seems Shield Bash can no longer knock things down reliably, now that the previous knockdown effect has been replaced with an unbalance critical.

Here's an example of 6 consecutive failures to achieve a knockdown, with endrolls ranging from 162-226. These endrolls would all be knockdowns every time before the changes.

You lunge forward at a greater krynch with your white vultite greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
[SMR result: 191 (Open d100: 57, Bonus: 31)]
Your size contributes considerably to the attack!
You lash out with an awesome shield bash!
... 5 points of damage!
Blow to back connects lightly.
... 3 points of damage!
Strike to back throws the greater krynch off balance momentarily.
Your attack exposes a vulnerability in a greater krynch's defenses!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

You lunge forward at a greater krynch with your white vultite greatshield and attempt a shield bash!
[SMR result: 212 (Open d100: 77, Bonus: 31)]
... 15 points of damage!
Nice blow to neck!
... 5 points of damage!
Throat strike causes the greater krynch to cough.

[SMR result: 177 (Open d100: 42, Bonus: 31)]
You lash out with a hard shield bash!
... 5 points of damage!
Stubs left hand finger.
... 15 points of damage!
Shot to hand spins the greater krynch in circles.

[SMR result: 162 (Open d100: 27, Bonus: 31)]
You lash out with a terrific shield bash!
... 5 points of damage!
Strike hits close to the right eye.
... 3 points of damage!
The greater krynch's right eye swells suddenly, causing great pain.

[SMR result: 165 (Open d100: 30, Bonus: 31)]
You lash out with a terrific shield bash!
... 5 points of damage!
Blow connects with abdomen.
... 3 points of damage!
Stomach strike knocks the greater krynch backwards several feet.

[SMR result: 226 (Open d100: 91, Bonus: 31)]
... 5 points of damage!
Strike glances off the chest.
... 5 points of damage!
Chest hit causes the greater krynch to spin around like a halfling after a fresh tart.

Disappointed to say that so far, I feel very misled by all the assurances that we could "keep hunting the same way as before".

Hopefully the RT thing is unintentional and can be fixed.

As for Shield Bash, I get you wanted to tone down the death crits, which is fine. But was it necessary to nerf the knock down ability as well? Why not just keep the original implementation, but with a weaker impact critical? Shield Bash was key for setting up headshots on too-tall creatures, but now it's no longer useful in that role. I'm really hoping this can be looked at as well.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/27/2021 11:28 PM CDT
> Naijin. I'm guessing my question doesn't need answering? Am I correct in assuming then that, in melee combat, elves are compensated for in the things I pointed out or something else is happening in the mechanics so that the changes noted in your document don't actually affect anything with regards to elves and other races that have a negative discipline "bonus" and that races with low stamina are not adversely affected compared to before psm phase 3?

Racial stamina modifiers are the same today as it was a year ago. There have been no changes to racial regen or to maximum stamina.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/28/2021 06:59 AM CDT
<As for Shield Bash, I get you wanted to tone down the death crits, which is fine. But was it necessary to nerf the knock down ability as well? Why not just keep the original implementation, but with a weaker impact critical? Shield Bash was key for setting up headshots on too-tall creatures, but now it's no longer useful in that role. I'm really hoping this can be looked at as well.>

+1

What I'm currently hunting is short enough I can just go for the head, so I went to my log of my last hunt and checked (esp cause I'd been wondering why certain critters didn't have their DS reduced as much as they should have). Turns out, most of the Shield Bashes I performed (with a tower shield and SMR results as high as 209) didn't knock the critter down.

Sure I can just use Charge, but that's an extra second of RT and 4 extra stamina to do the same thing and I really don't need the Weakened Armament effect or the ability to use it while disengaged/pressed....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/28/2021 06:59 PM CDT
I have at least one warrior that will be looking to have his armor ASG changed as a result of the PSM: Phase 3 Rollout.

Not a rush for me but how is this conversion expected to be handled? Via In-game ASSIST or periodic merchants or some other method?

Also - still working through the changes on my impacted characters but super excited about having some additional options for these characters to play with going forward!

-- Robert

Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/28/2021 08:30 PM CDT
>armor ASG changed

The 2021-04-23 PSM3 update shows that the devs removed the A(s)G change chance, now that all the proficiencies are available, and you don't have to choose.

https://gswiki.play.net/Player_System_Manager_-_Phase_3#2021-04-23

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Inquisitor of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 07/29/2021 08:00 AM CDT
>> The 2021-04-23 PSM3 update shows that the devs removed the A(s)G change chance, now that all the proficiencies are available, and you don't have to choose.

Thanks - I missed that as I was searching on 'ASG'.

This is disappointing since there are larger changes with the system than just the availability of some vs. all of the armor proficiencies.

Under the old system I could have 18% Evade in Plate (vs. 30% Evade in Brig). Base 15% + 3% from Evade Mastery for Plate.
Under the new system I can have 30% Evade in Plate (vs. 35% Evade in Brig). Base 15% + 15% from Evade Specialization for Plate

For my evade focused warrior 18% vs. 30% was enough to want to keep them in Brig. For the 5% difference under the new system (35% vs. 30%) I think the change to Plate is warranted.

-- Robert

Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/03/2021 08:59 AM CDT
Maybe it's the OCD in me, but I would much rather see the different listings in 'Feat' and 'Weapon' broken down by LEVEL at which they become available, than by alphabetical order.

Seeing:
Skill Mnemonic Ranks Category Subcategory

Absorb Magic absorbmagic 0/1
Dispel Magic dispelmagic 0/1
Dragonscale Skin dragonscaleskin 1/1
Kroderine Soul kroderinesoul 0/1
Martial Arts Mastery martialarts 1/1
Martial Mastery martialmastery 1/1
Mental Acuity mentalacuity 0/1
Mystic Strike mysticstrike 5/5
Perfect Self perfectself 1/1

does a lot less to inform me of "what you have, what you can get, and why OR WHY NOT" than would
Skill Mnemonic Ranks Category Subcategory

Martial Mastery martialmastery 1/1 Square weapon skills
Kroderine Soul kroderinesoul 0/1 Square pre-req
Absorb Magic absorbmagic 0/1 Kroderine Soul
Dispel Magic dispelmagic 0/1 Kroderine Soul
Mystic Strike mysticstrike 5/5 Monk 25
Dragonscale Skin dragonscaleskin 1/1 Monk 30 [either/or]
Mental Acuity mentalacuity 0/1 Monk 30 [either/or]
Martial Arts Mastery martialarts 1/1 Monk 40
Perfect Self perfectself 1/1 Monk 50

Progressing from least-specific (square--of any level--with as many weapon ranks as you care to deal with) to more specific (square opting into KS, and then "things that require KS") to more specific ("Monk") to most specific ("Monk with enough levels").

With that said... YES, allow me sort alphabetically should I choose to do so.

Also, SHOW ME if I am not permitted to choose something (like Mental Acuity), and why (because I have already chosen Dragonscale Skin). OR, show those as a total number of ranks, like the Lore ranks are done. (So that by taking this one of these, I have used up "all of my available" for those and so Mental Acuity has NONE available.)
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/03/2021 10:17 PM CDT
>>I've noticed creatures now act MUCH faster after being Feinted.

>>Did the implementation of "Staggered" change how RT affects creatures? Like do they now act instantly as soon as "Staggered" RT wears off? Whereas before they would act on their next turn, which was often several seconds after the RT wore off?

>>Whatever it is, the change is hugely noticeable and detrimental for me.

Any chance of a clarification on whether this significant change was intentional, and if so, why?

Thanks.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/04/2021 10:17 PM CDT
Before such revolutionary changes were implemented, the WIKI documents should have been updated with better specific information on how the new CM paradigm impacts sorcerers and other pures. There was much published regarding the offensive and proactive mechanical benefits of various ranks of the new skills, but only vague hints regarding the likely defensive benefits of passive ranks in the general skills available to sorcerers. Since CM training points can not be increased with Ascension or any other buffs, sorcerers must be able to make informed decisions regarding the relative value of a 5th rank in a skill compared to having fewer cheaper ranks in more skills.

There is nothing currently in WIKI that updates this specific information. Please provide detailed mechanical defensive benefit information in learning each rank in the very limited CM skills available to sorcerers.

Also, I see nothing in the document commenting on how these many changes will now impact and affect Ithzir armor. Ithzir armor is very expensive to upgrade to full mechanical benefits. At the time it was created, it was clearly intended to remove nearly all negative combat statuses. With this new paradigm, it is expected that Ithzir armor will receive a much needed updated to refresh and align with all of the new maneuvers and penalties. When can we expect that effort to be completed as part of this release? I honestly don't know now if it's worth continuing my Duskruin efforts to finish this very expensive armor, and if its worth still playing a game that I am no longer familiar with after 20+ years.

Tarakan
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/05/2021 10:12 AM CDT
Just thought I'd mention that my 26 hurling warrior that relied on weapon bonding rank 5 has of course now been forced down to rank 2 by PSM3 changes. It's not the end of the world, but I think a little more foresight in this regard should be used with changes like this in the future as I believe this could have been pretty easily avoided in the early stages of planning for Feats. Again, I know it's temporary and I know I'm in the minority, but PSM3 made my warrior less dynamic and interesting to play, i.e. the opposite of its stated purpose.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/05/2021 03:20 PM CDT
"Please provide detailed mechanical defensive benefit information in learning each rank in the very limited CM skills available to sorcerers." -- Tarakan

I believe each rank gives a flat +4 SMR defense (with guild mastery providing a final +5). I THINK.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/12/2021 05:49 PM CDT
Looks like there is a typo with the RT in the help description of the AoE Weapon abilities; they all show 3 seconds as RT, but they're 5s.

Name: Volley [volley]
Category: Ranged Weapons
Type: Area of Effect
Roundtime: 3s
Cooldown: 15s
Stamina Cost: 20
Offensive gear: Both hands
Attributes:
Hostile
Initiator Stance Penalty
Shield Defensive Bonus
Target Stance Bonus
Available to: Warriors, Rogues, Rangers, Bards, Monks, Paladins
Rank 2: Free
Rank 3: Free
Rank 4: Free
Rank 5: Free
Description: Fire multiple times into the sky to rain down on enemies.
Mechanics: Deals moderate weapon Damage over Time to targets that remain in the room based on your Multi Opponent Combat training. Damage is dealt 4 times over 16 seconds at 4 second intervals. An ammo bundle may be specified, causing any properties of that ammo to apply to targets hit.
>

Name: Whirlwind [whirlwind]
Category: Two-Handed Weapons
Attributes:
Hostile
Initiator Stance Penalty
Shield Defensive Bonus
Target Stance Bonus
Description: Spin around hitting multiple targets.
Mechanics: Attack one or more targets based on your Multi Opponent Combat Training. Applies Feeble to any target hit for (15 + (Rank * 5)) seconds.
>

Name: Pulverize [pulverize]
Category: Blunt Weapons
Attributes:
Hostile
Initiator Stance Penalty
Shield Defensive Bonus
Target Stance Bonus
Description: Target the armor of multiple targets, weakening it.
Mechanics: Attack one or more targets based on your Multi Opponent Combat training. Applies Weakened Armament to any target hit for (15 + (Success Margin / 4)) seconds.
>

Name: Cyclone [cyclone]
Category: Polearm Weapons
Attributes:
Hostile
Initiator Stance Penalty
Shield Defensive Bonus
Target Stance Bonus
Description: Spin your polearm around you attacking and forcing enemies back.
Mechanics: Attack one or more targets based on your Multi Opponent Combat training. Applies Disengage to targets hit for (5 + Rank) seconds. You gain Defensive Posture for (10 + (Rank * 2)) seconds.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/13/2021 08:26 PM CDT

>>Did the implementation of "Staggered" change how RT affects creatures? Like do they now act instantly as soon as "Staggered" RT wears off? Whereas before they would act on their next turn, which was often several seconds after the RT wore off?

>>Any chance of a clarification on whether this significant change was intentional, and if so, why?

>>Thanks.

The lack of reply suggests the change was accidental.

Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly, as it is significantly disrupting my existing hunting style on my two most played characters.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/25/2021 02:25 PM CDT
Hey all,

PSM: Phase 3 fast migration will end at midnight on 08/31/2021. Please plan accordingly.

- Naijin
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/26/2021 08:05 AM CDT
Appreciate the heads up.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/26/2021 08:16 AM CDT
How fast is the "fast migration"?
'Fast' like new character (<20th level)/Test Server fast, where you can shuffle your entire training scheme from melee to caster while you're selling off your loot from a hunt?
Or 'fast' like the first few Training Points of each month, before you do so many that the rate drops to reeeeaaallllyy slow?

If it's the first, I can go ahead and do some skill moves while the Arena is still running.

If the second, I'll wait until my post-Arena FixSkills.

Thanks!
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 08/26/2021 01:57 PM CDT
The first.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/05/2021 11:23 PM CDT

>>Any chance of a clarification on whether this significant change was intentional, and if so, why?

>>Thanks.

Disappointed that after a month of asking you won't say whether this change was intentional or not, nor even acknowledge the question.

And just on the off chance somebody out there doesn't get what I'm talking about, an example would be:

Since forever: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> ~90%+ you still get to act again before the creature

Since PSM3: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> 100% the creature acts while you have 1s of RT remaining

In both cases you are inflicting 8s or RT, while taking actions yourself that have a total of 9s of RT. However, since the original implementation of Feint, the creatures would rarely act exactly on that 8s mark; they would act some time after, often much after in the case of slower creatures.

Now, they act after exactly 8s every time.

It's a huge unannounced change, and probably an accidental one (or I assume they would have explained it).
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/06/2021 04:01 AM CDT
Ever since PSM3 (and it may be unrelated, but this is where I saw it appear) there's been issues processing commands that are specific. It started with tap (which may now be fixed, trying again) but here's the latest I ran into:

R>shield bash orc
You lunge forward at a spotted lynx with your mithril mantlet and attempt a shield bash!
[SMR result: 203 (Open d100: 124, Bonus: 6)]
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to the abdomen!
The spotted lynx is stunned!
... 25 points of damage!
Waves of nausea spread from stomach, incapacitating the spotted lynx.
It is knocked to the ground!
Your attack exposes a vulnerability in a spotted lynx's defenses!

The orc had left the room half a second before, but I shouldn't be shield bashing if the orc isn't there...

- Andreas
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/06/2021 11:50 AM CDT
>Since forever: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> ~90%+ you still get to act again before the creature

>Since PSM3: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> 100% the creature acts while you have 1s of RT remaining

I thought PSM was supposed to include switching from stacking to refreshing RT so this is the sort of thing I'd expect to have happened. Critters had different timer rules to characters, so its not something I'd have been sure about before testing but I think this result is consistent with what was announced.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/06/2021 05:30 PM CDT
>Since forever: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> ~90%+ you still get to act again before the creature

>Since PSM3: Feint (endroll > 147) --> Ambush Head --> creature EBP or other failure --> 100% the creature acts while you have 1s of RT remaining

>I thought PSM was supposed to include switching from stacking to refreshing RT so this is the sort of thing I'd expect to have happened. Critters had different timer rules to characters, so its not >something I'd have been sure about before testing but I think this result is consistent with what was announced.

They announced a change from stacking to refreshing. They did not announce a change to the underlying creature RT timer mechanics.

The above changes have nothing to do with stacking or refreshing, and were not mentioned anywhere in the doc.

Combine that with the fact that shield bash no longer has a knockdown effect (other than very occasional knockdowns from the unbalance critical) and the whole "You can keep hunting the way you did before" line starts to feel deeply misleading.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/07/2021 10:13 AM CDT
>Combine that with the fact that shield bash no longer has a knockdown effect (other than very occasional knockdowns from the unbalance critical) and the whole "You can keep hunting the way you did before" line starts to feel deeply misleading.

Lol I love PSM 3, but yeah my character lost charge rank 5, and lost rank 5 weapon bond in the change. That being said, in my experience shield bash knocks down quite frequently, almost guaranteed on high end rolls.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/07/2021 05:41 PM CDT
>Lol I love PSM 3, but yeah my character lost charge rank 5, and lost rank 5 weapon bond in the change. That being said, in my experience shield bash knocks down quite frequently, almost guaranteed on high >end rolls.

For what I was hunting, shield bash went from usually a knockdown, to almost never. I even posted 6 consecutive failures on 160+ endrolls earlier in this thread (including two 200+), which would have been 6 knockdowns before. My first guess to explain the disparate outcomes is probably something related to natural creature crit padding; maybe against creatures with padding the outcome distribution falls too low on the crit table to achieve reliable knockdowns. In any event, this change from a knockdown ability to an unbalance critical was both detrimental and pointless, and was something I criticized in advance when they first released the change proposal.

I don't care for most of the PSM3, but gutting shield bash and feint for no reason at all really bothers me.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/07/2021 08:49 PM CDT
Also, I just noticed a separate bug. 504 Slow seems to no longer increase the creature RT induced by maneuvers.

If I cast Slow, then Feint, they still act right on the 8 second mark. Previously, a good roll on Feint while they were in a Slowed state would buy me 15-20 seconds.

Strangely, it still works correctly against players:

[SMR result: 248 (Open d100: 141, Bonus: 25)]
XXXXXXXXX feints to the left, you spot the ruse too late as you twist awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
Roundtime: 8 sec.
Roundtime changed to 15 seconds.

But in the Confluence, where I encountered this, Slow is no longer slowing them down. I didn't notice until now because I've been mainlining Duskruin where these types of tactics are irrelevant.

I can't believe that, on top of the other stuff, now my absolute favorite character (War Mage, a profession completely unrelated to the PSM3) has somehow been badly nerfed in my favorite hunting ground (Confluence, where everything is immune to mage disabling spells, and using Feint and a knowledge of RT/timing to control/prioritize multiple creatures is how I avoid letting them cast/maneuver me). It's really aggravating. Please, if anyone is listening, can you fix this? I'll bug it in game as well.
Prev_page Previous 1