Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/08/2021 02:17 PM CDT
>Lol I love PSM 3, but yeah my character lost charge rank 5, and lost rank 5 weapon bond in the change. That being said, in my experience shield bash knocks down quite frequently, almost guaranteed on high end rolls.

What I hate about shield bash the most is the changing of wording in the messages. I spent hours scripting a THW hurling character that starts off with a shield bash to hopefully put a target prone. If it was successful, he'd wear his shield, unsheath, grip his weapon to ensure he was holding it as a THW and then hurl. The script recognized misses, stanced, recovered weapons and so on. Otherwise it's a lot of typing to do this fighting method. Now a lot of phrases my script looked for were removed/changed and the script just hangs now. So, I've put my THW hurling character on hold until I can figure out how to alter the script to make it work again.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/08/2021 09:42 PM CDT
Can confirm that 1602's interaction with CMANs is also bugged in the same way as 504. Works correctly against players, but has no effect on creatures.

Can also confirm that while the RT induced by CMANs no longer stacks with previous CMAN RT, it does still stack with self-generated RT when used against players, which is the same as before:

You swing a monir-hafted golvern morning star at XXXXXXXXX!
AS: +439 vs DS: +473 with AvD: +35 + d100 roll: +13 = +14
A clean miss.
Roundtime: 5 sec.
KR>
[SMR result: 191 (Open d100: 104, Bonus: 5)]
XXXXXXXXX feints to the left, you spot the ruse too late as you twist awkwardly to block the blow that never came!
Roundtime: 4 sec.
The interruption causes your momentum to stop.
KR>attack XXXXXXXXX
...wait 8 seconds.

This is consistent with the described changes, and is presumably working as intended.

If so, it strongly suggests that the Feint creature RT change described in my earlier posts is indeed an unintended bug.

Any chance a name-in-red can drop a quick "we're working on it" to make me feel better? I'll even take a "we're planning to work on it" at this point
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/11/2021 10:38 PM CDT
I'm not sure if this is easy to do, but could the cost of the next rank in each skill be added to Cman List? It'd be great to see this at a glance, instead of having to cycle through them.

The other (Armor/Shield/etc.) lists might also benefit from this.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/12/2021 03:01 AM CDT
>>I'm not sure if this is easy to do, but could the cost of the next rank in each skill be added to Cman List? It'd be great to see this at a glance, instead of having to cycle through them.

I feel like it did this for a short time before PSM3 fully rolled out. It was really nice and would be great to have again.

- Andreas
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/12/2021 04:11 AM CDT
Yes, the "cost for next rank" used to be listed.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/12/2021 04:18 AM CDT
Also revisiting the targeting "bug"/change...

>shield bash war
You lunge forward at a Grimswarm troll raider with your mithril mantlet and attempt a shield bash!
[SMR result: 115 (Open d100: 52, Bonus: 6)]
Your size considerably hinders your attack!
You lash out with a light shield bash!
... 10 points of damage!
Blow to neck tears tissue.
The troll raider is stunned!
... 10 points of damage!
Strike to voicebox. The troll raider is speechless!
It is knocked to the ground!
Your attack exposes a vulnerability in a Grimswarm troll raider's defenses!
Roundtime: 3 sec.

There was no warrior in the room. It should have come back with saying it couldn't find what I was looking for.

- Andreas
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/12/2021 12:48 PM CDT
<There was no warrior in the room. It should have come back with saying it couldn't find what I was looking for.>

I also had this happen to me in the Citadel with Shield Charge when a herald left the room just as I hit enter and it targeted a guardsman instead.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/13/2021 07:02 AM CDT
> I also had this happen to me in the Citadel with Shield Charge when a herald left the room just as I hit enter and it targeted a guardsman instead.

This should be fixed now.
Re: PSM: Phase 3 Released 09/19/2021 11:49 PM CDT
Can confirm that 1602's interaction with CMANs is also bugged in the same way as 504. Works correctly against players, but has no effect on creatures.

Seems like this got fixed for 504. Not sure if it was you or someone else, but thanks either way. I will check it out with 1602 later as well.

The general problem with creature-RT induced by CMANs since the change remains though: they act instantly as soon as "staggered wears off", rather than the previous behavior, which seems to have been "end of RT plus some time after", depending on their timer or whatever. For players, RT induced upon you from CMANs does stack with self induced RT, both before and after the changes, so it should work analogously for creatures, the way it did before.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page