Prev_page Previous 1
Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 03/31/2020 10:26 PM CDT
Hey Folks,

In support of our move towards transparency, I wished to share an early draft of 12 Quality of Life updates I'm planning on implementing. Usual disclaimer applies:

These updates are still in the early stages and subject to change between now and implementation. Nothing in this document should be seen as a promise or guarantee, however feedback is always welcome on these official forums.

The proposal is contained within a google doc. Please follow this link to view:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNFXeGUWdo-WCqiVm2TxUkiMJJkL-9DVhMNJ1JXJZl8/edit?usp=sharing

You are welcome to use this forum thread to post your feedback.

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 04:07 AM CDT
Big TYVM. Here's my initial thoughts:

>> 6) GY Gate Improvements
Did not like this one. At all. For someone who wants an easy way out, a gold ring is easy enough imo. And it's very easy to find people willing to give a youngin a free ring and set it for them. Often my chars have left gold rings set for town in the ossuary in the crypt just to help people who got "stuck" that side of the gate, forgot their ring, etc.

The main GY Gate problem which remains afaik... is not how hard it is to push open the graveyard gate... it is that new players, and even some old players, do not realize that now, you can GO GATE immediately after you STOP PUSHING, even if you are in a long 40-second RT (because you're a weakling)... and they stand there watching their RT thingie count down from 40 seconds, and they sometimes may miss the gate being open, thinking they can't move. that can get very frustrating when you don't know it got fixed, or that you're "really not in RT exactly." i do wish that if the gate was about to pop open... the most recent attempt to STOP PUSHING would not appear to give RT, so that folks would assume hey, i can run on through the gate. What you have right now is some folks who end up standing and pushing, many times in a row, and failing to get through when the gate pops open due to thinking they are in RT when they're really not.

Even a message after the gate pops open that says to each person who "was pushing" AND "if they are still on the crypt side of the gate": "A friendly-looking ghost floats up to you and whispers, "Quick! GO GATE! Nevermind that you feel stuck. Just try it now, you may be surprised that you'll get through. Go, GO GATE!" would be helpful to folks who don't know, rather than them stewing and steaming over how stupid it is that they "can't get through" repeatedly.

As a "weakling cleric lass," Soliere and many of my other chars struggle/d with the graveyard gate for a long time, insisting on pushing it open and enlisting help - loads of rp opportunities and met quite a few really nice folks that way. And still at level 70something i try to go help push when someone requests help pushing the gate and i hear it.

>> 12) Pawnshop w/ full hands
Did not like. If i have both hands full, honestly, it's usually by accident, i've pulled out one too many items from my backpack, and i'm about to do something stupid like sell the wrong item, and i really really appreciate that it won't let me sell something valuable with both hands full, but that's just me, one dumbcluck in the brood :D

>> 1) Remove Group Limiter on coin pickups
Meh. I happen to like the quirk of this particular coin pickup limitation. If you fix it, I'll whine for a few days but I'll get over it eventually. If you send fire and lightning. 0:)

>> 5) TURN for scripted lockpicks
Maybe I like. But is this the thing where you twirl the lockpick? It seems like there are so many lockpicks that fit inside someone's mouth. How are you gonna twirl that kinda lockpick? I would just say to be sure to look over the various types to be sure some of them are not really smaller than others and perhaps not possible to turn unless they're used by a person of one of the smaller races.

>> 9) Pawnshop if Registered, 'are you sure?'
Hmm. I liked the person's original suggestion. But I can see why there could be a problem. But I still kinda like the possibility of making it harder to accidentally sell a valuable item. Although perhaps our time might be better spent encouraging folks to be sure to register and mark items, and explaining why these things are important.

Is there a reason that the possibility does not exist to (without re-registering previously-registered stuff):
- MARK/REGISTER ALL MY STUFF (every item in my lockers and on my person and in the sacks in my hands)
- MARK/REGISTER ALL IN LOCKERS (everything in all my lockers)
- MARK/REGISTER ALL IN CURRENT LOCKER (everything in the locker where i am currently standing)
- MARK/REGISTER ALL WORN (for stuff i'm wearing and stuff inside what i'm wearing and stuff inside that stuff too)
- MARK/REGISTER ALL IN MY <CONTAINER> (for stuff inside one container)
- MARK/REGISTER ALL HELD (everything in my hands plus everything inside it)

Even for a cost in silvers? As broke as my folks tend to stay, I would be happy to pay for the privilege of doing register/mark in this way. And you could charge more for the "all my stuff" option. I would be thankin' mah stars.

I loved everything below here... almost swooned when you said Cleric Appraise + Sym Recall cause I've wanted that for so long! Woohoo!!
>> 2) RUB 1st/3rd person messaging consistency
>> 3) Disarm RT for having closed toolkit
>> 4) Deposit Bank Note in Left Hand
>> 7) Adventure Guard Turn-in Message for Party Members
>> 8) MEASURE herbs accuracy
>> 10) Daily Longterm Boost Status
>> 11) Cleric Appraise + Sym Recall

The One, The Two, The Three >CRUNCH< Three Licks!
Soliere :) :)
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 04:47 AM CDT
All good QOL changes. Keep em coming.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

A squeaky halfling nearby asks, "Why you playing with orcs heads and troll rearends?!"

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 07:27 AM CDT
These look great to me! I especially like the pawnshop note one. It trips me up all the time.

Glimmin Goodhand
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 08:03 AM CDT
I like these - great ideas!

~Heathyr
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 09:14 AM CDT
All of these look great!

RE: 8) MEASURE herbs accuracy
>> Measuring herbs is very inaccurate. You have to EAT it to get the exact dosage remaining which seems a bit silly. I'd like to update
>> MEASURE to have the same accuracy as eating the herb would: you have x bites left.

Could this be applied to measuring enchanting potions as well? Same supporting logic applies as for herbs - you have to pour the potion to determine how many pours are remainng.

>measure my pot
The ayveneh potion looks like it has several doses left.

The potion in this example has 7 pours in it.

Thanks!

-- Robert

>channel my maul
You channel at a hefty mithril maul.
You make an astoundingly inept attempt! Success!
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 09:19 AM CDT

Awesome list of QoL improvements. :)
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 09:49 AM CDT
Looks at the date and tempers his excitement

Except the GY gate one, these are all things I've wished would happen at one point or another.....so cruel to post this list today :P

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 10:12 AM CDT
Technically it was posted BEFORE april 1st.

Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates on 03/31/2020 11:26 PM EDT
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 11:03 AM CDT
MEASURing herbs can be done with drop herb/gather herb. I do it all the time.

That said, I have nothing against any of these (aside from the GY gate misgivings others have already stated), including adding accuracy to MEASURE. Accuracy is a Good Thing(TM).

Wee Sleepy Gnomette's player

Cloth-of-eonake: for when you absolutely, positively need to have zombie-impenetrable underwear. - Denil

When my scripts are acting up, I take Modrian with Coding. After a few hours, they feel like new! - MAXMANJ
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 11:38 AM CDT
These mostly sound fine to me. And thank you very much Meraki for taking this on.

My only concern is with #9, selling items with a show description at the pawnshop.

I'm uncertain what the original concern was, but if it was that boxfound items with a show descrip might be unwittingly sold, having an "Are you sure?" message for registered items won't help. I wonder if a good alternative might be to have boxfound items come out of the hopper already marked or registered (registry would be in conjunction with your idea), but I don't know enough about how mark/register work to know if they'd need to be changed too.

Also, I second the idea of having a mark/register ALL LOCKER, ALL WORN, etc.

Juspera's Good Ole GS4 page: https://juspera.github.io/
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 01:15 PM CDT
Ooooh, very nice QoL update ideas!

>3. Disarm RT for having closed toolkit
Can this be expanded to include any of the locksmithing disarm actions that need a 'tool' to disarm with (thinking about the traps that need a lockpick/long-slender-pointy-thing to disarm with, that isn't in the toolkit)? Otherwise, awesome!

>8. MEASURE herbs accuracy
With my main being an herbopath... YESYESYESYES!! :D

>2, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! :D

>6. GY Gate Improvements
Someone above mentioned being able to GO GATE while still in RT from pushing the gate... having never heard about this, in the 15+ years of play, it seems like it'd be a good idea, in my opinion, to at least make this more of a pronounced thing.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 02:00 PM CDT
My main concern with the GY Gate is that no messaging be tampered with.

- Xorus' player

Wehnimer's Landing Town Halls, Now With Authentic Frontier Gibberish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke5Mr5eCF2U
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 03:06 PM CDT
My thoughts...

#3 - As mentioned above, I think it would nice if this worked with every "missing tool" event. I shouldn't have to stare at a sphere trap for 15 seconds like a dingus because I forgot to take out my lockpick.

#5 - This is sort of a long shot but any change you could add a similar verb to rogue keyrings? TURN and SPIN are already used but it would still be nice to do something fun with them since you can't use lock mastery ptricks with them either.

#8 - This needs to apply to everything. EVERYTHING. White flasks, herbs, potions, a bottle of water, the stale tart I found in box 10 minutes ago. Seriously, anything with sips, bites, or doses should give you the exact number of remaining uses when measured.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 03:24 PM CDT
>>Looks at the date and tempers his excitement. - OM1E5GA
>> Technically it was posted BEFORE april 1st. Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates on 03/31/2020 11:26 PM EDT - WHIGHTCNIGHT

^ WHIGHTCNIGHT is accurate. Thanks for being the white knight of this thread.

>> 1) Remove Group Limiter on coin pickups
>> If you fix it, I'll whine for a few days but I'll get over it eventually. If you send fire and lightning. 0:) - FIRENSIA

zzaaap

>> 3) Disarm RT for having closed toolkit
>> Can this be expanded to include any of the locksmithing disarm actions that need a 'tool' to disarm with (thinking about the traps that need a lockpick/long-slender-pointy-thing to disarm with, that isn't in the toolkit)? Otherwise, awesome! - CLTIDBALL
>> As mentioned above, I think it would nice if this worked with every "missing tool" event. - MWESTERBECK1

I certainly can look into expanding it to include any missing tool.

>> 5) TURN for scripted lockpicks
>> Maybe I like. - FIRENSIA
>> This is sort of a long shot but any change you could add a similar verb to rogue keyrings? - MWESTERBECK1

For what it's worth, the lock mastery command PTRICK will work with any lockpick regardless of noun. I am simply looking to add similar logic to the TURN verb that all rogues already have access to.

LMAS PTRICK TWIRL: With a casual motion, you twirl your invar lockpick around your index finger, catching it between thumb and forefinger before applying it to the lock of a rotting monir trunk...

I do not plan on changing rogue keyrings at this time (it is out of the scope of this proposed change).

>> 8) MEASURE herbs accuracy
>> MEASURing herbs can be done with drop herb/gather herb. I do it all the time. - RIKKOCHET
>> Could this be applied to measuring enchanting potions as well? - PEREGRINEFALCON
>> This needs to apply to everything. EVERYTHING. - MWESTERBECK1

Haha, I never heard of the drop/gather work around. That is fairly clever.

Re: Measuring other things: I will look into it, but make no promises.

>> 6) GY Gate Improvements
>> Did not like this one. (...) - FIRENSIA
>> Except the GY gate one, these are all things I've wished would happen at one point or another -OM1E5GA
>> I have nothing against any of these (aside from the GY gate misgivings others have already stated) - RIKKOCHET
>> Someone above mentioned being able to GO GATE while still in RT from pushing the gate... having never heard about this, in the 15+ years of play, it seems like it'd be a good idea, in my opinion, to at least make this more of a pronounced thing. - CLTIDBALL
>> My main concern with the GY Gate is that no messaging be tampered with. - INIQUITY

First of all, being able to use the verb GO while in roundtime is most certainly not intended.
Secondly, I do not want to tamper with any of the messaging or the core essence of the graveyard gate puzzle.

One of my reasons for a change to make this easier is due to how infrequently people open the gate these days. With symbol of seeking, most older players will completely bypass the gate which leaves younger players waiting around.

When I started looking at the underlying code, I also discovered what appear to be bugs in some of the calculations, so it actually might be more difficult to open the gate when you get a buddy to help. That seemed a bit counter-intuitive.

My goal is to ensure a single person with no hindering injuries is able to open the gate after a predictable amount of time of effort has been put forth. I would like the gate to open faster if this person is strong or if this person has help. Furthermore, I want to ensure the gate remains open for a much longer period of time.

With those details revealed, does any one have any specific feedback they'd like to share?

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 03:50 PM CDT

I had never heard about the use of "go gate" when in that massive amount of rt. If that is indeed a bug and will be removed, I really suggest that you "tumble through" the gate as soon as you have pushed it open. As it stands now I think pushing the gate for however long, only to be stuck in giant RT and have the gate keeper come and close the gate is one of the bigget, "what the heck were they thinking?" moment of a young character's career.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 04:18 PM CDT
I like it all I think on first glance except the GY gate. I would be fine with making you and your group automatically enter when it pops open, or stay open long enough to ensure you can walk through when the RT is done.I had never heard of go working RT with the gate before today either heh.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/01/2020 10:48 PM CDT
=^_^=
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/02/2020 03:02 AM CDT
I like what you said about the GY gate changes Meraki, I want to think them through and will respond a bit later on them. But did want to share what was on my mind about the GY gate history.

Most importantly: I do not wish to sidetrack a great discussion about some AMAZING GOOD CHANGES that Meraki is proposing. I do hope that one or two people may remember the history that I "thought" I was remembering and speak up. But if not, no problem. I'll be throwing in my towel and serving ginger ale and strawberries at poolside, in that case. Get yer sunglasses! 8D

- - - - You can stop here unless you really want to hear GY gate history stuff. - - - -

>> First of all, being able to use the verb GO while in roundtime is most certainly not intended.

First, I do not wish to be contrary, nor to call you wrong. And I really enjoyed getting zappped above: thank you. HEE HEE!

I'm the girl whose brain aneurysm ruptured in 2000, who still notes a faulty brain piece from time to time, but I hope I'm remembering this right. So please take me with a grain of salt, but thanks for patience as I explain my best recollections.

The gate did not always work this way, I am certain it did not work this way 22-24 years ago because I struggled so hard with the GY gate when Soliere was young. I would be stuck in RT forever back then after STOP PUSHING.

I am fairly certain I remember this as being a fix implemented at some point to allow weaklings to get through the gate without having to "stop pushing" ahead of everyone else just to rest. Because when there were two weaklings pushing, sometimes neither of them got through because you needed the full force of both pushes, and they would both be stuck in RT a lot of times when the gate shut.

But I don't remember how many years ago this was. All I know is that I was one of the chief complainers about the gate problems, having been one of the sylvans born with the lowest physical stats possible due to I thought a CLERIC wouldn't need them. Ha. So as you can see, I've already proven myself NUTS right there, even pre-aneurysm. Hee Hee! But I was ecstatic when the supposed fix happened.

I'm not arguing here to say that everyone at the company wanted this supposed fix to happen, nor that going forward you do. But I am just saying that I felt pretty sure someone intended that change years ago.

I don't claim to be the person with the best memory here, but normally, if I am mixing up a memory, I am not remembering it so vividly as this. Does no one remember that fix being implemented? Is there a virtual log of changes that were made to the gate and who made them and why? (I'm really very curious as to whether my memory is serving me properly... not just wanting to prove Meraki's statement wrong.)

The only proof I have that I remember it correctly, is the fact that I've carried forward the memory of the "sloppy fix." In my previous existence, computer programming was one of my things, I adored well-written code, and so I noted the "sloppy fix" with the RT messaging part not remedied. So it's poor proof, poor proof indeed, if no one else confirms this. My gut says I remember it well, but I trust this community moreso than I trust my gut anymore. If I am wrong on this, I will stand corrected. :D <3

The Lone Ranger, no wait, Cleric! :D
Soliere :)
Tonto! Silver! Woohoo! :D
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/02/2020 03:19 AM CDT
>> [Meraki's followup post]

Thanks for clarifying the things you did. After reading over your points carefully, I have nothing to add except THANK YOU! :D

All the goals sound really well thought out and I look forward to others' feedback.

Soliere :)
Hi Ho Silver, Away! WOOHOO! :D
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/02/2020 10:45 AM CDT
The proposed updates sound great. As long as there is still some trick to the GY gate I don't see any issues there. I agree with Soli I wouldn't want it turned into something that is so easy nobody ever calls for help, or that obviates climbing or setting a ring. (Similar to the Monastery doors, when people could just pop them open.) It should still be a puzzle, or at least an irritation, when you don't have a spell to open it. Having it stay open longer is a great idea, as is reducing the RT after pushing.

If you're looking for bugs, wanna review the runes to Melgorehn's Reach? They are probably working as intended, but they sure don't seem that way.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/02/2020 10:52 AM CDT
<I agree with Soli I wouldn't want it turned into something that is so easy nobody ever calls for help, or that obviates climbing or setting a ring. (Similar to the Monastery doors, when people could just pop them open.)>

Last I checked, there were quite a few ways to get the GY gate open.... 407, one of the cleric spells, bashing, pushing.... I always meant to try to use 704 to get through it but never got around to it....

Course, it's been years since I went to the GY at all, so I might be mistaken on a couple of those

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/02/2020 09:28 PM CDT
I am still reading feedback as I work on these updates. If you have any thoughts you'd like to share, please do.

>> I would be fine with making you and your group automatically enter when it pops open, or stay open long enough to ensure you can walk through when the RT is done. - WARLORD1871

I have no plans to enact forced movement for players or their groups. Just because you're helping to open the gate doesn't mean you necessarily want to go through it yourself.

>> If you're looking for bugs, wanna review the runes to Melgorehn's Reach? They are probably working as intended, but they sure don't seem that way. - KANDOR

Haha, I have plenty of (potential) bugs to work on that I don't need to necessarily seek additional ones out. Besides, I'm not even sure I'd be able to understand how the Melgorehn's Reach puzzles are supposed to work let alone if they are working as intended. I'd rather not go down that particular rabbit hole. :-)

>> Re: REGISTER/MARK {all or some of the things}

That is currently outside the scope of my update. There are a lot of special handlers on an item-by-item basis that would have to be accounted for if any sort of bulk system were put into place and that is not something I'm prepared to take on.

>> I'm uncertain what the original concern was, but if it was that boxfound items with a show descrip might be unwittingly sold, having an "Are you sure?" message for registered items won't help. I wonder if a good alternative might be to have boxfound items come out of the hopper already marked or registered (registry would be in conjunction with your idea), but I don't know enough about how mark/register work to know if they'd need to be changed too. - ZILAL

Boxfound items are only one potential source of items that may have a show description. I have some personal thoughts about how boxfounds should be handled but I haven't yet devised a solution that I am happy with in all situations. So my fix is meant to capture items that are known to have personal value (they've been REGISTERed before) but have not been MARKed. Since MARK hard blocks the sale until the mark is removed, I figure REGISTERed items should simply provide a soft block at the pawnshop to help prevent mishaps.

I should probably also note that I haven't dug into this one deeply yet so my plan may change once I get in there and look at it all.

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/03/2020 11:13 AM CDT
For those who use lich, I have a global alias set:
>reg => register my \?\rmark my \?\r

It does the trick for marking+registering a held item in one go. It's unfortunate that I had to resort to using third party software to make that easier, but it's at least something.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/03/2020 11:50 AM CDT
How does that differ from setting a macro in their twenty-five-year-old Front End to "register my \?\r mark my \?\r"? You're still issuing two commands, because they're two different systems added at very different times.

<shrug>

Just not seeing where there's a big "issue" here....
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/03/2020 11:59 AM CDT
It doesn't take up a macro slot. That's the difference.

- Overlord EK

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/03/2020 12:10 PM CDT
>> It doesn't take up a macro slot. That's the difference.

>> It's unfortunate that I had to resort to using third party software to make that easier, but it's at least something.

You don't. The below will work with the Wizard FE or Stormfront using the built in macro language.

reg.cmd

#Reg - register and mark an item

PUT register my %1 %2 %3
PUT mark my %1 %2 %3
exit

Example usage:

.reg indigo shade

register my indigo shade
mark my indigo shade

>But you just registered that!
>Your indigo shade-newt has already been marked as unsellable.

-- Robert

>channel my maul
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 02:20 PM CDT
I'm too new(*) to the game to have an informed opinion about any of these changes but wanted to say that your transparency and interest in getting feedback is awesome. Summarizing your ideas in a Google doc, open to comments, is such a fantastic way of doing it.

Thank you for your work!

And thanks to everyone providing informed feedback above, too!

(* technically I was around in the AOL days but that may as well have been a lifetime ago. I do remember big group efforts to push open that danged graveyard door though ^_^)
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 05:53 PM CDT
While you're messing with banking QoL stuff, can you please add a WITHDRAW ALL, and WITHDRAW ALL SILVER options from a bank? I like to empty my bank account pretty often and move stuff to FWI or vice versa and it's annoying having to type the many digit magic number every time.

And I know this is probably outside the scope of these changes, but an enormous QoL change would be: make bank accounts for all characters on the same Play.net shared, so I don't have to swap silvers between characters all the time to transfer silvers.

Thanks for the consideration.

Glimmin Goodhand
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 06:55 PM CDT
>And I know this is probably outside the scope of these changes, but an enormous QoL change would be: make bank accounts for all characters on the same Play.net shared, so I don't have to swap silvers between characters all the time to transfer silvers.--Glimmin Goodhand

I'd like to second this request. It'd be really wonderful if all banks/currencies were account linked instead of character linked. (I can appreciate this even more so now that I've done a couple Troubled Waters runs. I hate that I'm penalized for having different social groups with different characters, where I have to pick just one to run if I really want to start saving up krolbux for something. At least bloodscrip and tickets can be withdrawn/redeemed.)

- Overlord EK

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 07:03 PM CDT
>> And I know this is probably outside the scope of these changes, but an enormous QoL change would be: make bank accounts for all characters on the same Play.net shared

Maybe I am in the minority but I wouldn't want for all of my character's bank accounts to be combined into one large pool. I'd be all for an easy way to transfer silver between characters but at least for me, each of my characters is responsible for their own spending / have to pay silver back if they borrow it from another character.

-- Robert

>channel my maul
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 07:23 PM CDT
Today I pushed out an update so that whenever a guard talks to someone about their bounty via ask guard about bounty others in the room will now see: Player confers quietly with <the guard>. This message will also display when a player uses give to return an heirloom to the guard for their heirloom bounty.

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/04/2020 11:59 PM CDT
I pushed out an another update: Rogues may now use TURN to deftly twirl any lockpick, the noun no longer is strictly required to be 'lockpick.' This more closely aligns with the behavior seen for lock mastery's ptricks that don't require the noun to be lockpick either, but rather simply require the item to be a lockpick functionally. Enjoy!

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 06:45 AM CDT
Woohoo GO Meraki!! :D Thanks for the updates!

I also noticed someone said they would like to be able to WITHDRAW ALL and WITHDRAW ALL SILVER from a bank. That would sure make my day so I don't have to type all this every time one of the chars wants to clear out a bank account, which for me is frequently, with up to 9 accounts active at any given time, because I am a chronic "keep a note in my pocket for all my silver" person, i hate balances left in the bank:

deposit all
check balance
withdraw 1242311
check balance (to be sure i typed that number correctly and the balance is now zero)
put note in my sack

If not for the current set of updates, mark me down as highly supportive for the next go-round!

Thanks again!
Soliere :) :)
o/~ Aweema-way, Aweema-way, Aweema-way, Aweema-way! o/~
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 08:48 AM CDT
Awesome, Meraki!

Thirding (fourthing?) the bank suggestions!

~Heathyr
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 09:32 AM CDT
10) Daily 'boost' LTE... why screw around with wording?

Long-Term Experience Boosts: 0 + +

At midnight, the plus-signs fall off, until you kill something again.

The line will still be shorter than the "No minimum" on the Bridge info above.

Here's my addition: CMan List.
1) Seriously? Who did this as concatenated lines of text?
COLUMNS. Oh my god. Columns, please.
This is already done when you get 'info', why not here, too?

2) Seriously? Who did this OUT of alphabetical order?
Give it parameters, like
- "cman list alpha" (the default, so that they are NORMALLY shown in alpha order),
- "cman list rank [up / down]", so that either you see all of the "to get rank 1" first and the "to get rank 5" last, OR the reverse and you see "to get 5" first and "to get 1" last), and
- "cman list cost [up / down]", so that you can see that rank4 of Cheapshots is 7 but rank1 of Unarmed Specialist is 9, similarly.

Oh, what the hell, give 'alpha' the up/down too, just to keep my CDO (OCD, more properly shown in alphabetical order...) under control.

Speaking of "CMan info":
3) ADD a column. "Activation cost" and show the stamina.
4) Be bold, add TWO columns: "cooldown" (showing "how much cooldown will be applied when activated/wears off", or "N/A").
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 03:35 PM CDT
>> 10) Daily 'boost' LTE... why screw around with wording? -- KRAKII

Words of wisdom, don't ever ask a UX person why they'd want to 'screw around with wording.' :-P

As for the remaining additions, I'd suggest posting anything unrelated to my list on the suggestion's forum so they don't get lost in this thread.

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 04:26 PM CDT
You could also just deliver ASCII character, empty boxes by default and filled boxes when each is gained for that day....
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 06:16 PM CDT
I am not even sure this was true before but it seems like when you had a Bounty Boost active the messaging was suppressed so anyone else in the room wouldn't see you asking/dropping/asking as you cycled through trying to get your preferred bounty.

If so, it seems like this update changed that. I now see all the scroll when someone is doing this. Is that correct? And can we get that part changed back?

Olgre's pea brain
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 06:55 PM CDT
>> I am not even sure this was true before but it seems like when you had a Bounty Boost active the messaging was suppressed so anyone else in the room wouldn't see you asking/dropping/asking as you cycled through trying to get your preferred bounty.
>> If so, it seems like this update changed that. I now see all the scroll when someone is doing this. Is that correct? And can we get that part changed back?
>> Olgre's pea brain

There is indeed code in place to suppress messaging with the taskmasters if a bounty boost is active. My change did not touch that or invalidate that in any way. What you're more likely seeing is someone who is in cooldown for a bounty and keeps asking for one.

Prev_page Previous 1