Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/05/2020 11:02 PM CDT
I pushed out two more updates tonight.

RUB messaging is now consistent between both 1st and 3rd person. Previously if used RUB on an item, others would see: Meraki rubs a nearly black lustrous maroon bloodjewel with pink roses engraved on top in her hand. But you'd only see: You rub the lustrous maroon bloodjewel in your hand. Now when you rub the item, you will see what others see: You rub a nearly black lustrous maroon bloodjewel with pink roses engraved on top in your hand.

APPRAISE for Clerics and Paladins will now show if Symbol of Recall is up on a deceased person. It will show as: "He/She is surrounded by a vivid white light." In context:
>> You glance at Meraki and immediately realize she has 9 spirit levels out of a maximum of 9, and is not currently preserved. She is coated in a cobalt blue liquid. She is surrounded by a vivid white light. Upon closer examination, you sense a translucent thread linking Meraki's soul to you.
>> You also notice that she has a case of uncontrollable convulsions.
>> She is also quite dead.

Go forth adventurers, and enjoy these changes.

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/09/2020 10:53 PM CDT
New Update for today: I have provided players with the ability to check if they've earned their 2 daily long-term experience boosts. This information has been added to BOOST INFO. Previously, players were required to keep track of if they have seen a specific message twice while hunting.

The new line, "Daily Long-Term Boosts Earned: 0/2" will appear directly below Current Login Streak, so long as the player is eligible to earn daily long-term experience boosts. (F2P and characters under level 20 are not eligible). General information about these boosts is available on the wiki: https://gswiki.play.net/Experience_pool#Long-term_Experience_Boost

Go forth and never again wonder if you've found your 2 daily long-term boosts yet or not!

> Meraki – Greek Word of the day – Doing something with love, passion, and a lot of soul. It is what happens when you leave a piece of yourself (your soul, creativity, or love) in your work.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/10/2020 07:32 AM CDT
Meraki:
>> APPRAISE for Clerics and Paladins will now show if Symbol of Recall is up on a deceased person.

OMG! No Wait! OHHH-IMMMM-GEEEEE!! This is way too awesome, woohoo!!

Soliere :D :D <--you get the BIG SMILEYS on this one
What happened to Soliere? She died from appraiseHappy!
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/10/2020 06:18 PM CDT
The BOOST INFO change to include info on the LTE Boosts earned is wonderful. Thank you for this update!
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/12/2020 03:18 PM CDT
Meraki,

I have a QOL request. Make it so that we can give our bounty herbs to the healer in one batch just like furs or gems. Either by bundling (not as good) or by handing them our container (great). I don't bother with ;foreach for that, so arrow up/return is awful, and screen scroll.

(MG)
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/12/2020 04:08 PM CDT

Another QOL suggestion -- alphabetize the cman lists when you do like cman list all or profession (and ditto for SHIELD and ARMOR if applicable). It would just make life so much easier, imo, to find them that way!

~Heathyr
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/13/2020 12:01 AM CDT
> I have a QOL request. -MOONGIRL/MG
> Another QOL suggestion -ASHBY/Heathyr

That's great you have suggestions! The best place for new suggestions is actually the suggestion forums. Take a moment to see if your request is similar to any other and if not, feel free to start a new thread outlining as many details as you feel are relevant. Examples are often helpful.

Suggestion Forum: http://forums.play.net/topic/3351

Any suggestions made in this forum thread are at risk of being overlooked in the future. Thanks for taking the time to provide ideas to improve our game world.

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/13/2020 08:42 AM CDT
They are so much at risk of being overlooked that when Heathyr writes up the sorting of CMans, she can include me as a +1 right away (since I said the same thing last week). <beam>

I actually went so far as to make them command options, so you could sort up/down by alpha, rank being learned, or CMan point cost to learn. (There are times I really want to get the 4th rank of SkillX; there are times I just want to see "what can I afford soonest".)
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/16/2020 01:29 AM CDT
So I spent the day doing some prep work to add the MEASURE updates. I would just like to blame Robert for calling to my attention the need for items other than herbs to show dosage:

>> Could this be applied to measuring enchanting potions as well? Same supporting logic applies as for herbs - you have to pour the potion to determine how many pours are remainng.

I've since learned, there are a lot of items that handle their own messaging for measuring so even if I update the measure verb itself, those items will still not show you the information. So thanks Robert, for making me dig deeper than I initially planned. :-P

In related news, I discovered items that already show you their exact dosage via MEASURE. Among that list of items are: deathsting salve, lipgloss, gory vial, label solvent and resist nature potion (used for spell 620). It should also be noted that some things such as the ensorcell temper potion already reveal exact dosage when you LOOK IN the item. So that's neat.

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/16/2020 05:08 PM CDT
>> So I spent the day doing some prep work to add the MEASURE updates... So thanks Robert, for making me dig deeper than I initially planned. :-P

Always happy to lend a helping hand! And THANK YOU for taking a look at this / taking this on!

>> In related news, I discovered items that already show you their exact dosage via MEASURE. Among that list of items are: deathsting salve, lipgloss, gory vial, label solvent and resist nature potion (used for spell 620).

Hopefully you can use some of that code when looking into all of the other cool items!

>> It should also be noted that some things such as the ensorcell temper potion already reveal exact dosage when you LOOK IN the item. So that's neat

Those sorcerers... they get all the bells and whistles handed to them on a silver platter! :p

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/16/2020 09:23 PM CDT
@GS4-MERAKI - I left my suggestions in the Google Document

GS4 Prime: -= Jahadeem =-
Earth Prime: -= Rich =-
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 04/17/2020 01:37 AM CDT
>@GS4-MERAKI - I left my suggestions in the Google Document

I have included replies to your suggestions in the Google Document. :-) Thanks for the input!

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 07/27/2020 05:00 AM CDT

Any update on the state of MEASURE or some other verb to accurately count the herb bites?
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 07/27/2020 07:41 AM CDT
>Any update on the state of MEASURE or some other verb to accurately count the herb bites?

GATHER gives the exact number of herb bites.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 07/28/2020 03:13 AM CDT

GATHER gives it when the item I'm gathering is in my bundling kit already?
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 07/28/2020 04:31 AM CDT
Gather gives it when the item is in your hands whether or not any bundling actually happened.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 10/08/2020 11:57 PM CDT
Just a quick update, the ability to deposit a bank note that's in your left hand was stealth released in September. Enjoy :)

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 10/09/2020 05:22 AM CDT
<Just a quick update, the ability to deposit a bank note that's in your left hand was stealth released in September. Enjoy :)>

An excellent update!

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 11/03/2020 10:20 AM CST
The group limiter for picking up coins has been removed. You no longer need to leave a group to pick up coins to avoid the penalty. For more details, feel free to refer to the proposal document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNFXeGUWdo-WCqiVm2TxUkiMJJkL-9DVhMNJ1JXJZl8/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 06/29/2021 07:34 PM CDT
An update to the MEASURE verb went live today that improves the accuracy of your measuring of many items. You will now be able to better understand the exact remaining uses of many items via MEASURE. This increased accuracy will not work for all items, especially many scripted items, but it does work on basic food/drink. For more details, feel free to refer to the proposal document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNFXeGUWdo-WCqiVm2TxUkiMJJkL-9DVhMNJ1JXJZl8/edit?usp=sharing

Re: Early Proposal: 12 QoL Updates 01/13/2022 03:22 AM CST
During the evening of 1/12/22, there was a small event on Prime and the Graveyard Gate changes mentioned earlier in this thread were deployed. It should now take a single character less than 30 seconds to open the gate. Expect this update to be available on all instances in the not too distant future. More info here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Cities,%20Towns,%20and%20Outposts/Wehnimer's%20Landing/view/15270

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page