Prev_page Previous 1
Archery Updated 05/11/2020 10:05 PM CDT
Please note that the following changes will be rolled out initially in Platinum for Beta Testing purposes, and will be rolled into all instances once Beta has concluded.

Archery has received an update to improve reception for newer players and remove some of the tedium from hunting.

* Ammo bundles will no longer run out and instead will have charges for ammo with flares or other special properties.
* New tips are available that let you change the damage type of your ammo and the effectiveness against various armors.
* You can now READY AMMO a bundle and FIRE your bow or crossbow instead of having to have ammo in your hand.
* All ammo will shatter on shot or on search of the target so GATHER is no longer necessary.
* Crossbow roundtime has been normalized to 4 seconds for light crossbows and 5 seconds for heavy crossbows regardless of your AIM or HIDE status.
* Hand crossbows have been added to the game. These crossbows can be used one handed and work with two weapon combat or a shield.
* FLETCH is a new verb to customize your ammo bundles. Check out the FLETCH verb in-game for more information.
* MSTRIKE is now available for archery.
* Dislodge is a new maneuver that lets you rip your lodged ammo out of the target causing increased damage.
* True Hand has been changed to True Strike and now works with archery.

A big thanks to Mestys and Ixix who helped with coding and QC, as well as the entire team for all the work that went into this update. I'd also like to thank the Discord community who helped with testing.

For more detailed information, check out the design document at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z6rt_HxSgSrmAoOwhVKmlgjG5vvSkHRn8c6CConnS7U.
Re: Archery Updated 05/11/2020 11:20 PM CDT
What about item updates? (specifically, in my case, the compartmentalized quiver)
Re: Archery Updated 05/12/2020 07:03 AM CDT
> What about item updates? (specifically, in my case, the compartmentalized quiver)

Those have been updated as well.
Re: Archery Updated 05/12/2020 07:41 AM CDT
The link for the Google doc is invalid due to the ending PERIOD on the url.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z6rt_HxSgSrmAoOwhVKmlgjG5vvSkHRn8c6CConnS7U

In case anyone doesn't realize and need the real one, least till Naijin updates it to remove the .
Re: Archery Updated 05/12/2020 12:55 PM CDT
Naijin...

DISCLAIMER: I stayed away from the Google doc because I didn't want to mess with it during all the changes. I only care about the final results. I haven't seriously played an archer in a long time so I can't weigh in really, and so this is the first time I'm looking at it.

So AFTER looking at it, I want to clarify my question and ask some further ones..

..and this is all in regards to the COMPARTMENTALIZED QUIVER..

1) Is it LIVE on Plat in the currently listed state or is that all still in limbo for the time being? (this is to clarify that maybe you're thinking I was just asking about whether items have been updated, and not item updates being live)

2) Do you need more testers of it?

3) I see there's a new "sideways unlock." Can existing owners get an opportunity to assist, pay 5k bloodscrip, and get that certificate?

4) With all these changes, can existing owners get an opportunity to assist, and get bloodscrip refunds (specifically the auto advance certificate but anything that someone may not have gotten with the changes)? Perhaps even destroying the quiver for a full refund? (IF you feel there is need to discuss this with other GMs, please check with Lydil and ask him about the referral he did with Arianiss where I asked about a refund for other reasons (he said no; just tossing this out so you're aware of existing precedence he set))
Re: Archery Updated 05/12/2020 09:03 PM CDT

>Hand crossbows have been added to the game. These crossbows can be used one handed and work with two weapon combat or a shield.

That's so cool, looking forward to seeing people's new builds!
Re: Archery Updated 05/13/2020 09:14 AM CDT
I'm not Naijin, but ... as the quivers are my item, I'll answer.

>>>>>1) Is it LIVE on Plat in the currently listed state or is that all still in limbo for the time being? (this is to clarify that maybe you're thinking I was just asking about whether items have been updated, and not item updates being live)

This should be using the updated/newer version in Platinum as of now.

>>>>>2) Do you need more testers of it?

More testing is always nice, really, to be sure nothing has been missed with them. If you want a version in the Test server, I can arrange to provide one. But it sounds like you already have one in Prime or Platinum.

>>>>3) I see there's a new "sideways unlock." Can existing owners get an opportunity to assist, pay 5k bloodscrip, and get that certificate?

This sideways unlock is equivalent to the "auto-advance" unlock. Anyone who had "auto-advance" unlocked will now already have this "new" unlock instead in the new version. As well, people will probably have to wait until the next DR to buy new versions of the certificates.

>>>>>4) With all these changes, can existing owners get an opportunity to assist, and get bloodscrip refunds (specifically the auto advance certificate but anything that someone may not have gotten with the changes)? Perhaps even destroying the quiver for a full refund? (IF you feel there is need to discuss this with other GMs, please check with Lydil and ask him about the referral he did with Arianiss where I asked about a refund for other reasons (he said no; just tossing this out so you're aware of existing precedence he set))

That I can't be 100% sure on, but it is something can be discussed. To be honest, the quivers do have a lot more utility now than they did before (including a new mechanical feature in the fully unlocked versions), so I'm hoping no one will feel the need to get a complete refund on these. The archery updates completely nullified their prior abilities, but they've got quite cool new abilities now. (I will be posting all the details on this eventually in the Duskruin folder at some point.)
Re: Archery Updated 05/13/2020 02:20 PM CDT
Thanks Avaluka :)

Regarding testing.. Devilslove has it in prime, but the account is currently inactive, heh.

Regarding refunds.. I was mostly thinking about the auto-advance certificate, but since that's being converted to the sideways unlock that's moot. I just added "full refund" because might as well account for that situation too if someone were to want it (versus thinking only of myself, heh).
Re: Archery Updated 05/13/2020 07:25 PM CDT
I did a video walkthrough of the new fletching system.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/620231604

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: Archery Updated 05/14/2020 05:36 PM CDT

Quick question in the doc it says t2 compartment quivers will have 4 compartments max, my t2 already had 5 compartments will mine now be downgraded?
Re: Archery Updated 05/15/2020 08:39 AM CDT
>>>>>> Quick question in the doc it says t2 compartment quivers will have 4 compartments max, my t2 already had 5 compartments will mine now be downgraded?

Hi there,

This seems to just be a copy/paste fail in the document. Your fully unlocked quiver should still be able to have a max of 6 compartments.
Re: Archery Updated 05/15/2020 09:08 AM CDT

fantastic, thank you.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 10:27 AM CDT
im really disappointed that bows are still not able to be paladin bonded to.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 03:34 PM CDT
> im really disappointed that bows are still not able to be paladin bonded to.

Paladins are masters at melee combat and their skills reflect that. It might be possible with Ascension but currently there are no plans to allow bonding to bows.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 03:40 PM CDT
So.... is the artisan skill Fletching now defunct?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 03:42 PM CDT
Nope. Type FLETCH in game.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 04:34 PM CDT
Ok, fletching and enchanting changes to arrows are really poorly explained in that doc.

If I fletch arrows out of magical woods like faewood they're no longer enchanted at all? What the heck is the point of fletching with these woods now? Is their pricing in the fletching shop going to be updated to reflect they're now just decorative (assuming that's the case)? What the heck does all this "UUUUUU" and "PPPPSS" mean on the ammo tip spreadsheet? Are these tips changing which crit tables the arrows are drawing from or just their DF/AvD?

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 04:39 PM CDT
>> If I fletch arrows out of magical woods like faewood they're no longer enchanted at all? What the heck is the point of fletching with these woods now? Is their pricing in the fletching shop going to be updated to reflect they're now just decorative (assuming that's the case)?

It will be for looks only. The price is sort of irrelevant as once you make two of them and turn them into a bundle, you now have unlimited arrows of that type for ever more.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 07:28 PM CDT
Why are we being forced to monitor Discord to catch any clarifications or get questions answered? Just cause I'm in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better things to do then stare at a glorified chat room all day....

Starchitin, the OG

Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 07:47 PM CDT
> Why are we being forced to monitor Discord to catch any clarifications or get questions answered? Just cause I'm in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better things to do then stare at a glorified chat room all day....

All the questions you asked were answered already. Just cause I'm in quarantine doesn't mean I don't have better things to do than answer questions that have already been answered...
Re: Archery Updated 05/16/2020 07:58 PM CDT
<What the heck does all this "UUUUUU" and "PPPPSS" mean on the ammo tip spreadsheet? Are these tips changing which crit tables the arrows are drawing from or just their DF/AvD?>

<All the questions you asked were answered already.>

No, they were not.... I did find the answers eventually though, so sorry for wasting your time.

Starchitin, the OG

Re: Archery Updated 05/17/2020 04:04 AM CDT
I have an issue with arrow scribers. There doesn't seem the need for a crafting mark now that arrows disappear once fired and we no longer have to be "inconcenienced" with picking up our ammo. Are we going to be compensated for that loss, because I for one liked having my mark on my arrows, or are they now just a piece of history?

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

http://radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/

http://thetehirchronicles.blogspot.ca/
Re: Archery Updated 05/17/2020 07:45 AM CDT
> <What the heck does all this "UUUUUU" and "PPPPSS" mean on the ammo tip spreadsheet? Are these tips changing which crit tables the arrows are drawing from or just their DF/AvD?>

Apologies that I missed that one. For others that are curious, that's unbalance and puncture/slash. The wiki page has been updated to include the tip information.

https://gswiki.play.net/Ranged_Weapons
Re: Archery Updated 05/17/2020 03:21 PM CDT
Please add demo teleport Nelemar back to the test server options.
Re: Archery Updated 05/20/2020 02:45 AM CDT

Hi Naijin,

Has this been implemented?

✔️Mechanical Bow/Crossbow
COCK with ammo loaded will continue to bypass encumbrance.
Bolts that are loaded can be used as an unfocused MSTRIKE once every 30 minutes. This requires no MoC training.

When I do it:

>mstrike
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
You are not skilled enough to perform this maneuver.
>mstrike troll
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
You are not skilled enough to perform this maneuver.

Thanks.

Player of Brulgamin
Re: Archery Updated 05/20/2020 02:49 AM CDT

Nevermind...SPIN :D

You aim down the polished grey crystal sights and squeeze the trigger of your mechanical crossbow, the brass gears snapping into action!
The gears on a heavy repeating mechanical crossbow fitted with brass gears whir into life and begin to rapidly discharge bolts in an impressive volley!
You cock and load your mechanical crossbow with a bundle of hunter green heavy crossbow bolts.
You fire a hunter green heavy crossbow bolt at a hill troll!
AS: +93 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +96 = +121
... and hit for 13 points of damage!
Minor puncture to the abdomen.
The bolt breaks into tiny fragments.
You cock and load your mechanical crossbow with a bundle of hunter green heavy crossbow bolts.
AS: +93 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +81 = +106
... and hit for 2 points of damage!
Close shave!
The hill troll takes a quick step back.
The bolt breaks into tiny fragments.
AS: +93 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +49 = +74
A clean miss.
The bolt streaks off into the distance!
AS: +93 vs DS: +95 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +17 = +42
A clean miss.
As the last shot fires, the gears clunk to a stop with a small whine.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

So awesome..
Re: Archery Updated 05/20/2020 07:47 AM CDT
> Has this been implemented?

Yes, use the SPIN verb. ANALYZE should give you more information too.
Re: Archery Updated 05/20/2020 07:48 AM CDT
> Nevermind...SPIN :D

... and I see you found it so you can ignore my last reply. Have fun!
Re: Archery Updated 05/25/2020 10:16 AM CDT
How do I get the compartmentalized quivers to show the flares? They're plainly visible when looking at the arrow.

The quiver appears to be made of golvern. It looks like it would be best worn attached to a belt. It looks to have 6 compartments inside with the following configuration:
1. a bundle of faewood arrows (a faewood arrow)
- Attunement: None
- Bane Charges: 0
2. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
- Special Properties: Unknown Flares
3. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow) [Current]
- Special Properties: Master Fletched, Unknown Flares
4. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
- Special Properties: Master Fletched, Blessed
5. a bundle of vultite-tipped arrows (a vultite-tipped arrow)
- Special Properties: Blessed
- Attunement: a skeleton [Focus: Undead]
- Bane Charges: 7
6. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
Type TURN quiver TO # to turn to a specific compartment.

>look at arr in my quiv
You quickly glance through a bundle of wooden arrows and see they are are surrounded by a scintillating red light. You also count 100 that are of master quality.

Individual projectiles from this bundle will have a long of "a wooden arrow"

Each individual projectile will be "a wooden arrow".

- Andreas
Re: Archery Updated 05/28/2020 04:17 PM CDT
Hey there,

What flares are those supposed to have? The "Unknown" is the default it kicks to if it's something I didn't account for. I may have missed indicating a property. Eblade maybe?
Re: Archery Updated 05/30/2020 01:36 PM CDT
Yes, they're e-bladed.

- Andreas
Re: Archery Updated 05/31/2020 06:47 AM CDT
So FIRE by itself always draws and fires an arrow out of primary (READY AMMO) bundle. If you want to use a secondary bundle (let's see you need blessed arrows against undead) you have to type READY AMMO2 and FIRE every single shot? Or is there a way to switch what bundle FIRE draws from? Not that hard to make a macro/alias to combine both commands, I'm just wondering.
Re: Archery Updated 05/31/2020 10:45 AM CDT
Compartment #3 is set to be the default. I am running lich, for what that's worth. Was fine before I set it as default.

>inspect quiv
The quiver appears to be made of golvern. It looks like it would be best worn attached to a belt. It looks to have 6 compartments inside with the following configuration:
1. a bundle of faewood arrows (a faewood arrow)
2. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
--- error: server_thread: malformed XML: missing tag start
Line: 1
Position: 90
Last 80 unconsumed characters:
- Attunement: a mezic [Focus: Magical]
4. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
5. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
6. a bundle of wooden arrows (a wooden arrow)
Type TURN quiver TO # to turn to a specific compartment.

- Andreas
Re: Archery Updated 05/31/2020 04:50 PM CDT
Potentially, I'm not sure. Have you tried Eblading a fresh bundle and seeing if those flare when fired in the quiver?

Thanks,
Avaluka
Re: Archery Updated 06/07/2020 12:40 PM CDT
The firework bolts appear to be broken when used with the new system. Also some wonky messaging as I am reloading a bolt that was already loaded before firing.

I went ahead and bugged the bolt in game in case you wanted to take a look at it.

>load crossb
You load a white and green light bolt into your dual crossbow.

>fire crossb
You load your dual crossbow with a white and green light bolt.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

>analyze my bolt
You analyze your green light bolt and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
This is a trick bolt, set to fire a firework.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the green light bolt for you.

-- Robert

Re: Archery Updated 06/07/2020 01:01 PM CDT
Minor messaging bug and a fairly significant permanent paint bug...

I've bolded the bug and the dark butternut paint had been permified some years back and is now missing in action.

I've also put in an assist to try and have the missing paint returned.

>tap other paint
You tap a vial of dark butternut paint in a soft doeskin archery duffel bag.
>get other paint
You remove a vial of dark butternut paint from in your archery duffel bag.
>swap
You swap your dark butternut paint from your right to your left hand.
>get bolt from longc
You remove a bundle of wooden bolts from in your roan longcoat.
>fletch paint
You are about to make a change to the paint on a bundle of wooden bolts. All changes are permanent! The description of your paint will change to dark butternut. Your wooden bolts will have their flares and charges replaced. You must CONFIRM this action within 30 seconds if you want to continue.
>fletch paint
You remove a single paint from a bundle of wooden bolts and apply a fresh coat of paint to the shaft using a vial of dark butternut paint. Confident the paint has dried, you set to work on the bolts remaining in the bundle.
Roundtime: 17 sec.

>glance
You glance down to see a bundle of wooden bolts in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

-- Robert

Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 07:41 AM CDT
> The firework bolts appear to be broken when used with the new system. Also some wonky messaging as I am reloading a bolt that was already loaded before firing.

You'll need to BUGITEM those bolts. I saw the post for the black-tipped ones but they seem to be regular bolts and fired just fine in my testing.
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 07:45 AM CDT
> I've bolded the bug and the dark butternut paint had been permified some years back and is now missing in action.

You'll need to ASSIST so we can get your paint back to you. I'm looking into a fix for the bug.
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 02:25 PM CDT
Is the paint bug that it was permanent and went away or that painting a bundle uses up even the "large" paints? ('cause I had that happen)

- Andreas
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 05:50 PM CDT
>> You'll need to BUGITEM those bolts.

This was done when I made the post so should be there for you to review. Let me know if you need for me to BUGITEM them again.

-- Robert

Prev_page Previous 1