Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 06:10 PM CDT
The firework arrows and bolts always worked differently and worked but not by loading them into the crossbow but just holding them in hand.

Bugged that a long time back because we use both types at our che events but it was never adjusted
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 06:21 PM CDT
Hrmmm… it could be something to do with my light crossbow as well. I'll find another light crossbow and see how that works...

>glance
You glance down to see a white and green light bolt in your right hand and a copper-lath dual crossbow in your left hand.

>fire my bolt
There is something wrong with your dual crossbow. Please ASSIST and report the problem.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Archery Updated 06/08/2020 06:27 PM CDT
Based on this test using a different light crossbow I'm going with the assumption that something is still broken here.

>glance
You glance down to see a white and green light bolt in your right hand and a gnome-crafted ipantor light crossbow in your left hand.
>fire my bolt
You load your ipantor light crossbow with a white and green light bolt.
Firing your ipantor light crossbow at a white and green light bolt would be a little tricky, given its location.
NOTE: bolt is now loaded in my crossbow.
>fire my crossb
Firing your ipantor light crossbow at a gnome-crafted ipantor light crossbow would be a little tricky, given its location.
>unload my crossb
You remove the green light bolt from your ipantor light crossbow.
>fire my crossb
Firing your ipantor light crossbow at a gnome-crafted ipantor light crossbow would be a little tricky, given its location.

-- Robert

>> A halfling magistrate picks up a small rock and throws it at a half-elven bandit in a valiant effort to subdue him.
Re: Archery Updated 06/09/2020 07:04 AM CDT
I got the crossbow to work but not the bow by just typing FIRE;

>get 1 bolt from my knap
You remove a scarlet and gold light bolt from your bundle of gold light bolts.
>fire
You nock your gold light bolt, aim skyward, and with a quick draw, release the bolt into the air.

A sharp whistling accompanies the bolt's journey into the sky until it is suddenly cut short by a loud explosion that rains sparks of scarlet downward in fiery cascades. In quick succession, enormous jets of dark gold and burgundy sparkles shoot upward, and the vibrant motes of color whirl and spin as they spiral downward. A final charge ignites, shooting high into the air with a deafening report before bursting into a splash of bronze before flickering out of sight.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

SWITCH

>get 1 crim arrow
You remove a grey and crimson arrow from your bundle of crimson arrows.
>fire arrow
You cannot fire a grey and crimson arrow at anything!
>

>l at my arrow
You see nothing unusual.
>fire
You do not currently have a target.

>fire bow
You cannot fire a grey and crimson arrow at anything!
>l at my arrow
You see nothing unusual.

>anal my arrow
You analyze your crimson arrow and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
This is a trick arrow, set to fire a firework.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the crimson arrow for you.
Re: Archery Updated 06/09/2020 07:05 AM CDT
Oh, I had the bow in the wrong hand, with bow in left hand;

>get bow
You draw a long bow from one of the weapon loops sewn inside of your purple jacket.
>fire
You nock your crimson arrow, aim skyward, and with a quick draw, release the arrow into the air.

A sharp whistling accompanies the arrow's journey into the sky until it is suddenly cut short by a loud explosion that rains sparks of smoke grey downward in fiery cascades. In quick succession, enormous jets of bright silver and crimson sparkles shoot upward, and the vibrant motes of color whirl and spin as they spiral downward. A final charge ignites, shooting high into the air with a deafening report before bursting into a splash of white before flickering out of sight.
Roundtime: 9 sec.
Re: Archery Updated 06/09/2020 09:34 AM CDT
Thank you Rolfard! That did the trick!

>glance
You glance down to see a white and green light bolt in your right hand and a gnome-crafted ipantor light crossbow in your left hand.
>fire
You nock your green light bolt, aim skyward, and with a quick draw, release the bolt into the air.

A sharp whistling accompanies the bolt's journey into the sky until it is suddenly cut short by a loud explosion that rains sparks of white downward in fiery cascades. In quick succession, enormous jets of bright green and silver sparkles shoot upward, and the vibrant motes of color whirl and spin as they spiral downward. A final charge ignites, shooting high into the air with a deafening report before bursting into a splash of emerald before flickering out of sight.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

-- Robert

Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 12:48 AM CDT

Trying to find info on the changes but the document is missing any idea where i can find the info? wiki doesnt have anything i could find on the new stuff
Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 06:29 AM CDT
Doesn't look like the post with the changes made it into saved posts. The article on ranged weapons looks like it's been updated to reflect most of the changes though: https://gswiki.play.net/Ranged_Weapons

The only thing I can think off that isn't explicitly mentioned there is that bundles of arrows/bolts are now now unlimited... keep in mind I'm still working on my first cup of coffee and might have missed something...

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 07:14 AM CDT
> Trying to find info on the changes but the document is missing any idea where i can find the info? wiki doesnt have anything i could find on the new stuff

The document is available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z6rt_HxSgSrmAoOwhVKmlgjG5vvSkHRn8c6CConnS7U/edit?usp=sharing.
Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 09:54 AM CDT
Don't overlook the GemStone Changelog

Miss Leafi has been keeping it up to date, complete with links, for 2 years:

https://www.gstowncrier.com/category/gsiv_changelog/

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.
Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 03:35 PM CDT

Thanks everyone. i was looking it up as archery not ranged weapons lol.
Re: Archery Updated 09/24/2020 04:03 PM CDT
I added links to the google docs on the ranged weapons page to make them easier to find since they don't seem to be going anywhere.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page