Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 03:50 PM CST
Ranger ideas!

Note: all of the below require both Ranger profession and are mutually exclusive, meaning you can only spend points in one of the lines.

Bounty Hunter Unique Line

Elite Tier:

Master Tracker: You name an enemy type. Whilst in an area where they naturally spawn, you are able to sense how many are in the area and receive a message when more spawn, as well as how many rooms away they are. In addition, you gain X phantom crit rank against said enemy for as long as you have the enemy Named.

Greet them properly: Everytime an enemy enters the room, you have a 10/20/30/40% chance to make a free attack against them using the weapon you are wielding. Ranged attacks made in this way do not require ammo, and use a basic arrow that breaks on use.

Legendary Tier:

Dead or Alive (ok, mostly Dead): When completing 'dangerous critter' bounties, you receive an extra 25/50/75/100% reward. In addition, you receive phantom weighting vs any Ixix Gifted Critter and receive extra silver for killing them.

Guerilla Fighter

Elite Tier:

Shadow Warrior: Grants access to Shadowdance rank 1. You must still spend CMan points to actually acquire it. In addition, 608 becomes a duration spell (1m/2m/5m) that continues to apply its benefits whenever you are hidden, rather than needing to cast it again every time you hide.

The Land Rises: 610 becomes an AoE spell that automatically attempts to drag every enemy in the room to the ground. In addition, it has a chance for a nature flare which increases with each rank in this skill.

Legendary Tier:

Stand against the Many: For every enemy above the first in the room with you that is alive, you gain +5 AS and +5 DS, as well as a -1 RT in ranged/melee attacks up to a minimum of 1s.

Beastmaster

Elite Tier:

Red in Tooth and Claw: Every time you strike, there is a 5/10/15/20% chance for each of your companions you've bonded with to attack alongside you in addition to their normal attacks. This applies to ranged and melee and spell attacks.

Fury for the Fallen: If your compainion is wounded or slain, you get a temporary boost of +10/25/50 to AS, as well as all actions being reduced by 1/2/3s RT. This boost lasts 20s

Legendary Tier:

Eternal Bond: The spirit of your companion has infused you, and yours with it. This gives you an always on 650 effect that matches your animal compainions type, as WELL as allowing you to cast an additional 650 effect as normal.

GM Naionna at 11:41 PM
Whick is so pretty. it's a shame he has to talk.
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 04:17 PM CST
I love these ranger ideas. But why make the paths exclusive of each other? If you have the points, do all three! The only reason my paladin path ideas were exclusive is because of RP flavor of light and dark deities.
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 04:30 PM CST

<<I love these ranger ideas. But why make the paths exclusive of each other? If you have the points, do all three! The only reason my paladin path ideas were exclusive is because of RP flavor of light and dark deities.>>

Well, because I enjoy specialization rather than generification. As a rule, I enjoy it when I can make my character unique. And if people were able to get 'all the things' it really kills the uniqueness that this game provides. One of Gemstones big selling points for a lot of people is the ability to be different. That you can have alters that are specified to JUST YOU.

So if we have some skills be 'mutually exclusive' it helps to diversify the builds we see, which makes characters feel more unique and special, and I feel it plays on gemstones Strengths.

It also makes balance a lot easier too.

Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 04:42 PM CST
I love these ranger ideas. But why make the paths exclusive of each other? If you have the points, do all three! The only reason my paladin path ideas were exclusive is because of RP flavor of light and dark deities.
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 05:40 PM CST
I have significant tradeoffs on my mind right now, apparently.

Chivalrous SpiritImproves block and parry rate and decreases time between counterattacks from Stance of the Mongoose by two seconds, but can no longer use berserk.
Daring BolterImproves power of all bolts, but maneuver defense goes down and runestaff DS now acts as if you only have X ranks of magic skills per level, where X is the number of ranks in this skill. (Then make similar abilities for CS spells and maneuver spells.)
Defiant SpiritReplaces Spirit Slayer (240) with a multi-target bolt. Works like unspecified Cone of Elements (518), randomly selecting between Fire Spirit (111), Web (118), and either Holy Bolt (306) or Empathic Assault (1110) depending on profession. Holy Bolt is the EVOKEd version if lore requirements are met. Number of targets scales with Spiritual Mana Control.
Fleetfooted BardDoubles the duration of Song of Tonis (1035), but Song of Sonic Disruption (1030) loses all benefits from Manipulation lore.
SupernovaGear is far more likely to flare (including script flares), but anything that costs mana or stamina now costs more of it.

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 05:50 PM CST
Green Thumb
- Ranks 1-4 increase the number of herbs that can be foraged in a location by the same number of ranks (e.g. Rank 3 would allow you to find 5+3=8 herbs).
- Rank 5 allows a chance to find an herb that doesn't normally grow in the spot (requires a fresh location, 5 herbs available, and an open roll to activate).

-- Robert

>channel my maul
You channel at a hefty mithril maul.
You make an astoundingly inept attempt! Success!
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 06:20 PM CST
Elite
Dedicated forgerForge RT reduced by 5% per rank
Skilled forger1% higher chance for best results per rank

+1
Tell me again what Clunk would need to do to earn this?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 06:24 PM CST
Mendicant
- When you go to make a purchase, if you are short by less than 100 silver per rank of Mendicant, a stranger will make up the difference.
- You can beg in public and occasionally a stranger will give you 1-100 silver, per rank of Mendicant. [Insert various begging routines here.]
- Either of these actions can only occur once every 15 minutes.
- At 5 ranks, the player is granted the "Mendicant" post title (e.g. "Myron the Mendicant".)

-- Robert

>channel my maul
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 06:51 PM CST
Good Samaritan Sorcerer: Allows you to animate a player's body in addition to any other active creature animates you have.
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 06:57 PM CST
TREASURE HUNTER
- The character is granted a minor loot boost (and occasionally a major loot boost) once per day upon login.
- At least one loot boost must be used before the treasure hunter will be eligible to receive another daily loot boost.

-- Robert

>channel my maul
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 07:17 PM CST
Some of my ideas are a bit out there. I'm trying to inspire two types of thought:
1) The initial list shared was pretty mechanical in nature - I am seriously hoping that we see a lot of fun, non-mechanical ideas implemented as well (I can already kill everything in the game anyway).
2) Put ideas out there that may not be great ideas in and of themselves, but that might inspire new and better resulting ideas.

With that, here are a couple that might be fun (but I can forsee issues) but that may inspire something even better that players may enjoy.

THE GOLDEN CHILD
- While active, the character has access to the post-title of "Golden One"
- Additionally, this character is always under 2x Lumnis bonus.
- There can ever only be ONE Golden Child. Once another takes the GOLDEN CHILD ascension perk, any other character is stripped of this perk and refunded all but one of their Ascension points (the remaining point is forfeit).

ASCENSION LORD
- Anyone with this perk is required to take the pre-title of "Ascension Lord".
- Use of this perk grants consent for PVP with other Ascension Lords (only).
- When an Ascension Lord kills another they gains ONE Ascension Point from the slain player.
- The slain ASCENSION LORD loses this perk and is refunded all but two of their Ascension Points (one is lost, the other is forfeit to their slayer).

-- Robert

>channel my maul
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 07:19 PM CST
>>ASCENSION LORD
- Anyone with this perk is required to take the pre-title of "Ascension Lord".
- Use of this perk grants consent for PVP with other Ascension Lords (only).
- When an Ascension Lord kills another they gains ONE Ascension Point from the slain player.
- The slain ASCENSION LORD loses this perk and is refunded all but two of their Ascension Points (one is lost, the other is forfeit to their slayer).

'There can be only one....'

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Ascension 03/03/2020 11:02 PM CST

Lucky - +5 to all rolls and prevents fumbles from ever occurring.

Sonic padding - sonic armor can gain padding
Sonic weighting - sonic weapons can gain weighting

Area casting - lets the next single-target spell (with some exception) be cast at all creatures in the room at the same time. Mana cost is multiplied by number of targets.

Spell piercing - spells have chance of ignoring target's magical defenses

Wild casting - all spells have a chance of generating random effect from a long list of effects, which can be beneficial, harmful, chaotic, or just generally hilarious. Ability cannot be disabled once learned.

Chaotic cast - randomly casts 1 spell you know.

Void walker - gains immunity to open implosions. lets you take control of an open void from a creature. lets you walk through any open implosions to the room of your last sense pattern, or to nearest town sanctuary if you don't have one set.

Void protected - a thin layer of otherworldly planar energy covers you. All melee attacks and maneuvers have a chance of being negated once every 30 seconds and result in retaliatory damage against the attacker.

Demonic possession - summons the power of a demon into you for 5 minutes, granting you +10 to all stat bonuses, a 50% DF/crit increase to all damaging spells, but all spells cost an additional 25% mana to cast and various demonic effects depending on the spell (demonology spells are more potent, etc.). In melee, only 8x blessed weapons can hurt you. You gain an insatiable hunger for living souls, and you must kill X number of creatures with souls every minute while this ability is active. Failure to do so will cause you to automatically attempt to kill the nearest player character, and if there are none, the demon possessing you will devour your own soul. Demon will also attempt to turn on you periodically and devour your soul even if it is fed. While possessed, you may attempt to deliberately summon a major demon (moderate chance of success), or open a planar gate to allow multiple demons to invade (low chance of success, requires blood sacrifice of multiple living creatures). If your soul has already been devoured, chance of success in summoning or opening a gate increases. Having your soul devoured or dying while possessed will result in a systemwide "demonic" message, and you will suffer death sting as if you had departed with 0 deeds. You are responsible for all justice consequences while being possessed--activating the ability in town is illegal, and attempting to open a gate results in automatic banishment. .

Day of the dead - all critters and players that have been killed in the zone in the past 5 minutes are raised in undead form and attack the nearest living entity. Anything killed by your undead will rise themselves as undead. Lasts for 5 minutes. The dead that are raised will give exp appropriate for their level.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 01:23 AM CST
Favored Armor: Sets to armor of specific AsG upon learning. When wearing armor of that type, reduce all penalties and hindrance by 5%. Gain evasion and -CvA.

Armor bonding: Binds to a specific suit of armor, up to 5 tiers.
tier 1: reduces all penalties and hinderances by 10%
tier 2: -10 CvA
tier 3: armor has chance of flaring when hit. flare types depends on elemental attunement
tier 4: armor has a 5% chance of outright preventing any attack
tier 5: Armor gains crit divisor as if it were one entire armor group higher. Plate gains phantom crit padding instead.
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 02:59 AM CST

If this all works, I wouldn't mind seeing a racial expansion. Even if it's just for alternative verb options or titles. But also, for example, shorter races being able to reach higher on a monster or dark elves maybe getting a fairer shake when it comes to prices.

another thing i wouldn't mind seeing is an ornate brass wand (the alter wand) in the crater in the nexus in shattered so we can label stuff like the bag where we keep small statues.

-paul character is mitch in shattered
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 10:15 AM CST
I’ve heard some folks request turning on the tap early, so in that vein:

“Filling the bucket” early would seem to be in direct opposition to the design goal of a PCD system.

However..
The ability to convert excess xp into the PCD system would seem, to me, to match the design goal of that system perfectly; would it not? The issue is the relative spike of power due to some kind of instant mass migration, so just don’t allow that. A skill conversion-type situation would allow you to throttle the rate of conversion to avoid any kind of power spike while still making the handful of really dedicated players happy that there is little/no perceived “waste” of their xp
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 10:17 AM CST
Strong Arm Tactics - Paladin/Warrior

Can use a shield to full effect while using a THW.

~Sabotage
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 11:09 AM CST

Robe Mastery - pure casters only. increases evade chance by 20%, decrease CvA by 15. Increases defense against maneuvers by 5% for each spell cast within the past 15 seconds, capped at 20%.

Channeler - channeling no longer causes hard rt

Automated defense - blocks one melee, projectile or bolt attack every 30 seconds. When a target of an ambush or waylay, completely negates all ambush and waylay bonuses/penalties (i.e. ambush/waylay against is treated as if a normal attack from the open).
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 12:46 PM CST
Monk

Requirements: These trees are mutually exclusive. You cannot have points in more than one of the following trees. Also you must be a monk.

Way of the Mountain

Elite Tier:

Immovable: When active, every time you move rooms you add +2s RT. However, you can no longer be moved between rooms by enemy abilities or spells. You also cannot be sunned, knocked down, or incapacitated in any way.

One with Steel: Shields no longer give a penalty of any kind to Unarmed Combat. UAC weapons have all their penalties reduced by 20/30/40/50%.

Legendary Tier:

Mind of Stone, Heart of Fire: You are immune to any form of fear/sheer fear and gain +5/10 TD. All attacks you make, armed or otherwise, have a chance to add an additional fire flare in addition to any other flares. At rank 2, they may double flare.

Way of the Tiger

Elite Tier:

Fearful Symmetry: You follow up all of your attacks with an additional one, never letting up. Every time you jab, you execute another jab immediately for +0 RT. Every time you punch, you exectue another punch immediately for +1 RT. Every time you kick, you execute another kick immediately for +2 RT.

Dread Prowl: If you are not hiding, you may STALK an enemy to automatically follow them into another room if they leave for any reason. In addition, they have a 5/10/15/20% chance of being unable to attack you due to overwhelming fear.

Legendary Tier:

Raging Tiger Stance: Increase your unarmed attack DF by 20/30/40%. In addition, for 5s after you attack, you cannot be stunned or incapacitated. This timer does not stack.

Way of the Stars

Elite Tier:

Wend the Winding Ways: You automatically succeed at any swim or climb or other environmental checks. Swimming or Climbing no longer takes RT and you no longer have to have your hands free.

Light of the Moons: Every 1m/45s/30s You are healed completely of blood loss, and one wound or scar is reduced in severity by 1 rank

Legendary Tier:

Thousandfold Thought: Compared to your vast intellect, others are children before you. You can predict their every move. Automatically dodge the first evadable attack every 30s/20s/10s. Every time you dodge, you counter attack with a free no RT Jab/punch/kick.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 12:57 PM CST
Caught up reading here, these were my top squees for mage and sorcerer:

The Nehor ideas on Chronomancer and Master of the Elements for wizards. The Plague Master for sorcerer.

For new suggestions which I've stolen from Melivn on discord:

A wizard is never late: show up at any point to a merchant and have them spin again just for you.

Its a barbie world: all your lockers become one giant locker and you gain access to all other lockers on your account

Also:

Friends in Fashion: You and Sadie are bffs, she'll complete one alter scroll per month for you.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 01:20 PM CST
>Its a barbie world: all your lockers become one giant locker and you gain access to all other lockers on your account
>Friends in Fashion: You and Sadie are bffs, she'll complete one alter scroll per month for you.

Oooh, I like these... but, they should be for Premium accounts only, since multi-lockers and Sadie are premium perks.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Rose Guardian, House Sylvanfair
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 01:59 PM CST
Cleric Ideas!

Requirements: Each tree is mutually exclusive. You can only have points in one of the following trees. You also must be a Cleric.

Inquisitor

Elite Tier:

Focus and Clarity: Meditation effects do not end when you take an action, and you can meditate and speak at the same time. In addition, if you are under the effects of Meditation you gain a truehand effect to all CS/Bolt spells of 5/10/15/20.

Conviction: Channeling no longer puts you in Hard RT. In addition, 312 is automatically charged for 3s without actually using the charge RT.

Legendary Tier:

Consecration/Desecration: Dedicate the hunting ground to your Lord/Lady, giving all enemies therein an additional 2s/3s/4s RT for every action they take including moving.

Elite Tier:

Touch me Not: You cannot be hugged/touched/etc. Anytime an enemy hits you with a melee attack, they receive a punitive flare. At rank 2, this flare has a chance to double flare. At rank 3, they also lose up to 25% of their health pool.

Half-Divine: You become immune to fatal crits. However, you do not regenerate health naturally and any empath trying to heal you must spend a spirit to do so.

Legendary Tier:

Domination: Your Ethereal Censer has a 10% chance to forcefully convert any target it is cast at, causing them to follow you around and attack your enemies! This effect will last 45s or until they die. You may have up to 1/2/3 followers of this nature at once.

Polytheist:

Elite Tier:

Feed the masses: Every time you cast 203, every in the room/local area/larger area (realm?) receives the benefit of your manna bread. At max rank, you (and they) also do not lose said benefit even after being attacked.

Worship Unending: You can CONVERT to more than one god, as many as you like, and cycle/choose between messaging options at will. Smite/Bane effects on spells (302) will always default to the most useful one, and flare types for spells may also be manually cycled through.

Legendary Tier:

Raise them up!: Once a day, the cleric loses all HP but 1, all spirit but 1, and all mana/stamina save one. All dead persons in the local area/larger area/WORLD are then automatically ressurected with a full chrism effect.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 02:11 PM CST
Monk techniques - allows monks to learn specific schools of combat sort of like martial stances. Each is mutually exclusive. (i don't have any creative names for each):

A: Focuses on speed. All UCS attacks only take only 1 rt, but suffer a penalty to damage and crit. Each attack within 15 seconds leaves a counter on the target at random body locations, capping at 14 (one per body location). Can be detonated manually by you at any time for massive crit + damage to all body parts with a counter. Detonation of 14 at once on a single target is a guaranteed kill.

B: Focus on power. All UCS attacks take 1 more rt than normal to use, but each hit causes addition internal damage to target--effectively a second hidden crit + damage to the target at the same location.

C: Focus on disabling. All UCS attacks are guaranteed to cause a debuff on target (slow, paralysis, stun, binding, knockdown, rt, disarm, confusion, rage, penalties to attack/def, root, etc.).

D: Focus on defense: Gains use of a defensive stance. In the stance, you will automatically retaliate against all single-target attacks (physical, magical, maneuvers) against you. Your retaliation attack will automatically be at max tier, aimed (if you have it set), and has significantly increased chance to trigger a 1209 flare. Retaliation can trigger even if you are in RT (and has a chance to trigger if you are prone, stunned, etc. as well). Particularly effective against large groups.

E: Focus on undead: All UCS attacks gain effect of kai's smite and symbol of disruption permanently. Kai's Strike upgraded to let you use all properties of your gear (i.e. your gear effectively becomes permablessed while worn if you are in Voln). All UCS attacks against undead use casting rt instead of hard rt and deal additional holy damage. Low chance of instantly killing an undead on any hit.
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 02:19 PM CST
Summon Feast: Casting 203 at a major sanctuary, minor sanctuary, or a permanent node summons an entire banquet, with food and drinks providing random minor enhancive benefits that least for an hour.
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 02:45 PM CST
For Mental Realm casters (Monk [now] & Savant [eventually]):
- ability to keep more than one Group Focus spell running.

For Arms Realm physical guys:
- ability to keep more than one Stance running. (Possibly limited to "one 'active' [like Predator's Eye] and one 'passive' [like a defensive stance, or retaliatory like Mongoose].")

For Armor BUFFs (in the military sense, Big Ugly Fat Fellows):
- ability to have more than one 'armor' verb applied. (Possibly a branch into each 'Realm', so if you take the Spirit Branch and the Stealthy Branch you can get one application from a Paladin and one from a Rogue, then if you later learn Arms Branch you can get activation from a Warrior.)

For spellcasters:
- ability to maintain more than one Concentration spe-- yeah, never mind, that's me projecting from my D&D 5e character. :)
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 03:20 PM CST
Cognitive DissonanceThe first attack made against an enemy has an X% chance of casting Interference (212) against it before the attack, at no cost of RT or mana. Must be an empath.
Controlled FuryCan now PRAY NATURE'S FURY # to make it player-friendly and set a max number of targets for it (similar mechanic to Fervent Reproach), with the upper limits based on Spiritual Mana Control. Mana cost decreases by X for every target fewer than Y. PRAY NATURE'S FURY 0 restores it to unlimited targets and player-unfriendly.
Eonak's DevoutGives one free use of Gift of Eonak per month. Must be used that month and doesn't carry over.
Extension of the Body5 of the MM penalty for using a brawling weapon is removed per rank. If using two brawling weapons, it applies to both. Max of three ranks.
One with the BladeKatars can now be used as brawling weapons granting a 0.100 DF bonus. Must have three ranks of Extension of the Body. (Either that or make it require one rank but have a -15 MM penalty.)
Melodic MasteryCan learn +1 layer of instrument messaging per rank.
Nimble CobblerAdds a +20% Haste (535) effect per rank to cobbling actions. Max of three ranks and doesn't stack with Haste itself.
Predator LureProvoke (1235) now affects animals.
Reckless BattlerYou and enemies attacking you have a +X% chance per rank to reroll any offensive actions against each other and take the better of two rolls.
Self-Righteous PrideEvery creature killed while Condemn (309) is active has an X% chance to count as 1 to Y extra kills for storing an EVOKE charge, where Y is the number of ranks of this skill. (The number is random, so with 5 ranks it might count as +1 to +5 kills--or +0, since the ability might not even go off in the first place.)
Sweeping CondemnationCan now CHANNEL Condemn (309) to hit multiple enemies, with number of targets based on Spiritual Mana Control. Base mana cost increases to X and further increases by Y for each actual target (similar mechanic to Empathic Link). CHANNEL EVOKE is possible, like with Web (118), and eats one stored charge per enemy hit. Cannot know this and [insert legendary cleric skill involving 240/312/317/335]. (You get to specialize in only one premier cleric spell. I want something like that for every pure.)

(can only have one of the below abilities and can't be the listed race)
Way of the Aelotoi+X Agility bonus, slightly increased encumbrance. (As in, things now encumber you more.)
Way of the Burghal GnomeSignificantly improved maneuver defense, significantly increased encumbrance.
Way of the Dark Elf+X Aura bonus, decreased spirit regeneration.
Way of the DwarfIncreased elemental TD, decreased maneuver defense.
Way of the ElfImproved maneuver defense, decreased spirit regeneration.
Way of the Erithian+X Constitution bonus, +X Logic bonus. (Yes, I know there's no drawback. I still doubt anyone would take it.)
Way of the Forest GnomeImproved spirit regeneration, increased encumbrance.
Way of the GiantmanDecreased encumbrance, decreased maneuver defense.
Way of the Half-Elf+X Agility bonus, decreased spirit regeneration.
Way of the Half-Krolvin+X Strength bonus, -X Logic bonus.
Way of the HalflingSignificantly increased elemental TD, significantly increased encumbrance.
Way of the Human+X Strength bonus, decreased maneuver defense.
Way of the Sylvankind+X Dexterity bonus, decreased spirit regeneration.

(can only have one of the below abilities and can't be the listed profession)
Aspect of the WarriorLearn +1 rank of Surge of Strength per rank.
Aspect of the Rogue+X% of a rogue's hiding bonus per rank.
Aspect of the MonkIncreases odds of tiering up by X% per rank.
Aspect of the PaladinLearn a short-duration ability akin to a self-cast-only Crusade (1618), with +X% chance of deity-specific flares per rank.
Aspect of the Empath+X% chance per rank of your spiritual CS spells being treated as hybrid spiritual/mental for purposes of enemy TD.
Aspect of the Cleric+X% chance per rank to avoid an enemy's first attack.
Aspect of the Sorcerer+X% chance per rank to recover mana when dealing a killing blow.

I'm sure something could be thought of for rangers, bards, and wizards, but they're escaping me now. -RT is probably too powerful even on a low percent chance.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 04:09 PM CST
The katar is already a brawling weapon; do you mean "UAC" weapon (considered 'worn', like the knuckle-blade & spike-fist)?

Why would anyone ever bother to spend Ascension points on improved instrument levels, rather than just spending the time (while absorbing field experience, for example) on gaining more ranks?
Or was it your intention to have the Ascension gain permit them access to the "Bardic level of skill" area?
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 07:34 PM CST
Increase duration of sanctuary in areas where they do not last long, to indefinite duration.
Node a sanctuary.
Sanctuary effectiveness multiplier.

Dual wield runestaves.
Swing left handed weapon while holding a runestaff (not a reference to anything at all, shush).
Increased effectiveness of acuity / ensorcell / flare rate.

225 reaches areas it is blocked from reaching now.
225 pulls a corpse to you after accept mechanic from the corpse.
225 can take a group with you.

MEDITATE immediately restores all spirit and mana.
MANA SPELLUP may be used more often.
Defensive spells cost no mana.
Defensive spells may be cast at your group instead of singly targeted.

1140 can be used more often.
Imprinting is more successful.

Transfer multiple wounds at once.
Automatically transfer blood to a wounded group member.
Automatically transfer wounds from a group member. (this is pretty scriptable, though, so it's less shiny to me personally)

Spells with short group or cast-on-others duration is extended while the recipient stays in your group.

Chance that calmed creatures may not be uncalmed on taking damage.

Webbed creatures caught on fire do not consume the web entangling them.
Webbing hits multiple creatures at once whether bolt or CS direct attack.
Webs get multiple ensnare chances.
Webs have infinite charges.

~Licel
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 08:57 PM CST
I'm not keeping up with everything posted here so, some of these may have overlap with stuff previously mentioned.

Empath related things:

Healing Will
Healing spells no longer require a somatic component to cast and can be cast when silenced/afflicted by a cutthroat-induced neck wound.

Unhindered Healer
Healing spells can no longer fail due to spell hindrance.

Blood Mage
Empower your spells (and physical attacks?) with your own life's blood. Spells in the empath circle (and physical attacks?) have improved success/power but eat some health.

Blood Bond
You can permanently imprint to a person. This imprint never fades unless deliberately broken. The breaking is hazardous to both parties and there's a cooldown before you can bond to someone else.

Lack of Empathy/Selfish Healer
You can no longer transfer wounds from others, but your weapon (and armor?) training is boosted by phantom ranks. (dat warpath dedication)

Unflappable
Reduce the duration of stuns that afflict you, even become immune to stuns that would have been low duration.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 09:28 PM CST
I'd like to see a few Easter Egg skills that require odd combinations of prereqs and aren't (initially) documented. I'd love to hear these won't be included.
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 09:47 PM CST
>The katar is already a brawling weapon; do you mean "UAC" weapon (considered 'worn', like the knuckle-blade & spike-fist)?
>Why would anyone ever bother to spend Ascension points on improved instrument levels, rather than just spending the time (while absorbing field experience, for example) on gaining more ranks? Or was it your intention to have the Ascension gain permit them access to the "Bardic level of skill" area?

I suppose I could've worded those better, true! That's what I meant on both counts: making katars more UAC compatible and an ability to max instrument without being a bard.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 10:30 PM CST
Team PlayerReduces the amount of contribution toward killing a creature needed to gain essence or credit toward LKPs.

Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 11:50 PM CST

Bored Enchanter - doubles amount of wizard essence you can gain each week
Bored Ensorceller - for sorcs
Bored Murderer - you get the idea
Re: Ascension 03/04/2020 11:56 PM CST

Bring back the 90s - all worn items that are "less than 2 pounds" are considered weightless. doubles number of nonfunctional inventory slots in all locations. Empaths get a discount in training this ability, but their profession title gets changed to "Empuff" permanently.
Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 12:25 AM CST
Warrior Ideas

These will likely repeat some previous ideas but they are good ones. Some of these might also be better implemented as improvements to existing combat systems instead of used here but here are some thoughts

Weapon Master
Elite
Critical Strike - pre-req of wspec/bonding maneuvers, chance for an additional slash/crush/puncture flare on any weapon attack
Deadly Mongoose - retaliation attack now utilizes your aim location
Bladestorm - Rank 1, Unfocused Mstrike Targets increased by 1, Rank 2, Focused Mstrike Strikes increased by 1. Rank 3, Mstrike RT reduced by 1 RT and Recovery Period Reduced by 10 seconds.
Legendary
Bonding mastery - Rank 1, +10 AS +10 CML when using bonded weapons. Rank 2, bonding flare frequency doubled. Rank 3, Bond to up to 3 additional weapons. Rank 4, focus your mind for 2 RT to apply a 25% DF increase on the next attack for all bonded weapons. Rank 5, focusing on your weapons now also automatically triggers your bonding flare as well regardless of current swing count.
Weapon Sharpening - add temporary +1/2/3/4/5 CER and +1/2/3/4/5 AvD to any weapon

Combat Master
Elite
Death Blow - pre-req of coup de grace, have a 10/20/30/40/50% chance to have the coup de grace effect trigger on any killing blow you land. Bonus will be based on the crit rank of the killing blow.
Stance Mastery - maintain multiple martial stances
Delayed Contact - every attack made from offensive stance that is a clean miss or outright evaded, blocked or parried adds a +10 counter to your next attack roll stacking up to 5 times
Combat strategy - rank 1, two combat verbs (i.e. wtrick feint target, qstrike -1 attack) can be frontloaded with normal RT. Rank 2, -2 overall RT. Rank 3, three combat verbs can be used
Legendary
Berserk Mastery - Use warcries during berserk, attacks during berserk have a chance for mighty blow effect, manually stop berserk.

Shield Master
Elite
Balanced offense - Shield Strike, Shield Pin now utilize your aim location. Shield Strike Mastery now performs a minor shield bash before and after your focused mstrikes
Riposte Mastery - Rank 1, minor Bash from shield riposte now triggers on successful blocks as well as hits. Rank 2, this bash is now followed with a weapon/UAC attack at -3 RT. This attack also utilizes your aim location.
Deadly shield - minor shield bashes from shield riposte, shield strike and shield strike mastery are replaced with shield bash. Shield Pin’s diversionary bash now deals damage.
Legendary
Strong Resolve - 5 ranks, Steely Resolve’s cooldown reduced by 30 seconds per rank to a minimum of 30 seconds.

Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 12:28 AM CST
ManastrikeWhen an mstrike would otherwise use enough stamina to pop muscles, it uses mana instead of stamina at a rate of X mana per 1 stamina. Limited to Y uses per Z hours, where Y is (A * the number of ranks).
StaminacastWhen a spell would otherwise use enough mana to burn nerves, it uses stamina instead of mana at a rate of X stamina per 1 mana. Limited to Y uses per Z hours, where Y is (A * the number of ranks).
Power NapInstead of kneeling and meditating, MEDITATE used by a cleric or empath is now 10 RT of concentration with the eyes closed. The usual meditation benefits go into effect afterward.
Time of the SaviorManually activated ability. For 10 minutes, Well of Life (308) has no cooldown between links and Raise Dead (318) has no spirit lost. Usable +X times per week per rank.

Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 01:35 AM CST

Devour Corpse - sacrifices a fresh corpse to restore your health, mana, stamina and spirit.

Corpse Explosion - needs no introduction

Clone - a clone of yourself appears, with 75/80/85/90/100% of your skills, stats and abilities. Will fight by your side. Other players and critters cannot tell you apart.

Blink - short-range teleportation spell. When used while stunned, bound, in rt, etc., will teleport you to random room in zone. When used not in an emergency, you can direct a direction and a number of rooms and you will appear there if possible. Can be used to circumvent climb/swim and other obstacles checks.

Auras - persistent effects on all critters in room, may cost mana to upkeep.
1. Thorns
2. Mana drain
3. Life drain
4. Weakening
5. Slow
6. Clumsy
7. Confused
8. Rage
Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 04:51 AM CST

I luuuurv the blink idea. If you happen to know the lay of the land very well, you can really make some headway using this. Bypass mining carts? Yes please. Bypass water tunnels from the reach? Uh huh. You get the idea.

Blink - "It's like phase for your feet!"
Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 11:30 AM CST
Something something that allows Mana Focus to follow the caster instead of being anchored to the room it was cast in.

~ Methais
Re: Ascension 03/05/2020 11:55 AM CST
> Something something that allows Mana Focus to follow the caster instead of being anchored to the room it was cast in.

I have the answer for that already!! Hunt with a bard!

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"
Lawronius: The stuff ... the TownCrier team does is incredible.