Prev_page Previous 1
When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 05:05 PM CDT

I recently learned this skill on my warrior mage, but I can't seem to find a use for it. The RT seems the same. The attacks seem to do the same amount of damage, and there are less restrictions (charge, full cast) by just straight up casting/attacking. I can even choose to cast before the attack if I think the spell will weaken them up before the swing. So... am I off base? When should I be using this? Does it have a use?
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 05:07 PM CDT

You don't. Its terrible, laughably so. Just one of those things that was never fixed to be worth using.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 05:08 PM CDT
Barrage is in need of a rewrite IMO, my experience has generally been the same as yours, in that it doesn't much of value versus normal casting/attacking.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 05:47 PM CDT
> You don't. Its terrible, laughably so. Just one of those things that was never fixed to be worth using.
This is the correct answer.

I made some suggestions for Pathways and Barrage a while back. Pathways mostly need some QoL changes to be usable, while Barrage needs a full rewrite. Feel free to take a look at my older posts and comment if you're interested. Or post your own suggestions if you think I'm totally off-base. It's possible some good suggestions being thrown the GM's way might inspire someone to work on them.

Pathways - http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Warrior%20Mages/Suggestions%20-%20Warrior%20Mages/view/1152
Barrage - http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Warrior%20Mages/Suggestions%20-%20Warrior%20Mages/view/1153

- Saragos
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 06:26 PM CDT

Huh. Alright. I was hoping I was doing it wrong because I like the idea, but thanks.

> My suggestions are:
> - Turn Barrage into a charged melee combat maneuver, or something very similar. Syntax would just be BARRAGE, it would message the room with its own messaging about targeting the spell during warmup, and the manuever being prepared.
> - Eliminate the choosing of a spell at usage. Base the damage type and messaging off of the intro TM spell known by the mage. If multiple basic WM TM spells are known, the preferred spell could be chosen ahead of time via Align – ALIGN BARRAGE GAR ZENG.
> - Eliminate the choosing of a maneuver at usage and have the weapon damage be based on whichever the primary damage type of the held weapon is.
> - Mana consumption could be determined by the mage's Attunement and Summoning ranks.
> - Make it look nice and flashy. An ongoing line of Lightning (Emperor Palpatine style), a veritable cannon of fire or stone shards, etc. Possibly the spell could even project from the weapon used.
> - Tweak learning to make using it a decent way to learn Summoning.

So I want to call these out. There's a few solid ideas in here. I'll throw out a few off the cuff as well in addition to those you mentioned.
- Barrage casts a full prep, basic spell, at a strength determined by your summoning skill and spell determined by your alignment or type of elemental weapon (Stone Strike for stone, gar zeng for electric, etc..).
- Touch your elemental weapon (or any weapon) to store up a (or many?) TM spells, and then barrage later to unleash it (them) with a strike.
- Use barrage to echo the last TM spell you cast. Mana free. Target free.
- Make barrage give elemental charge rather than consuming it. This lets you keep pathways open longer.

Obviously these would be mutually exclusive, but as it is, it was a let down.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 06:36 PM CDT
it works alright, it gives an accuracy buff to your weapon, so I found using it with a bash or a chop did pay off.

but I can only do one or two with a full charge pool.

if I could focus pathway barrage, and use up my pool while making more accurate strikes, that would be quite awesome.

-Munch-
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 06:38 PM CDT
Sometimes I use Barrage because I want to zero my elemental charge very quickly?

Its been known to be in need of a rewrite almost since it was written. A single-attack attack buff just isn't very exciting when you're a warmage and you're playing with DR's combat system.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 07:01 PM CDT
I like the concept.

>>- Touch your elemental weapon (or any weapon) to store up a (or many?) TM spells, and then barrage later to unleash it (them) with a strike.

This is moon mage territory, not that they have a monopoly, but I'd rather be different.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/05/2016 07:50 PM CDT

> This is moon mage territory, not that they have a monopoly, but I'd rather be different.

I see what you're saying, but I'd argue offensive magics mixed with weapons are warrior mage territory. Charging a weapon to unleash an elemental barrage is definitely for them. Charging nodes on a weapon to rebuff you or debilitate your target at a whim seems more moon mage.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 12:12 AM CDT
>> This is moon mage territory, not that they have a monopoly, but I'd rather be different.

It's not Moon Mage territory, it's Cleric territory. Dang moonies just ripped off Osrel Meraud and planted it into their fancy blades.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 01:36 AM CDT
>>It's not Moon Mage territory, it's Cleric territory. Dang moonies just ripped off Osrel Meraud and planted it into their fancy blades.

Oh in that case, totally lets use it.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 02:11 AM CDT
> - Touch your elemental weapon (or any weapon) to store up a (or many?) TM spells, and then barrage later to unleash it (them) with a strike.

As someone who doesn't use elemental weapons and doesn't intend to, my hope would be that we could keep systems from requiring them so that they don't become, essentially, a spell slot tax for being a WM.

- Saragos
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 02:51 AM CDT
>As someone who doesn't use elemental weapons and doesn't intend to, my hope would be that we could keep systems from requiring them so that they don't become, essentially, a spell slot tax for being a WM.

If Barrage ever became a worthwhile ability or got rewritten, it would probably have an associated spell slot or be attached to a spell as metamagic.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 07:40 AM CDT
Barrage would have to be a totally unrecognizable new ability to be worth a spell slot.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 08:50 AM CDT

Given that I recently rewatched Avatar, I was thinking of dusting off my Warmie next.

It'd be neat if Barrage tied into elemental weapons, training either TM or Summoning in some capacity, and effectively allowed the user to 'do spell like attacks' with a weapon, sort of 'elemental martial arts'. These attacks could consume Attunement and/or Charge.

But personally, I like the idea of Warrior Mages being distinguished from other Magic Primes as 'physical combat mages', meaning they can utilize their magics through weaponry and combat. I was talking to someone about build designs for new characters, and they floated the idea of early focusing on Elemental Weapons, which sounded like a pretty cool approach, if a little unfeasible and non-optimal.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 10:05 AM CDT
> Barrage would have to be a totally unrecognizable new ability to be worth a spell slot.

Agreed. I would take it as a spell slot if it let me infuse my weapon with a TM spell that fired with each attack (like bless or ignite without the randomness of ignite).

> It'd be neat if Barrage tied into elemental weapons, training either TM or Summoning in some capacity, and effectively allowed the user to 'do spell like attacks' with a weapon, sort of 'elemental martial arts'. These attacks could consume Attunement and/or Charge.

I think there is some low-hanging fruit here. Something with high impact and low dev time.

1. Barrage no longer teaches summoning, but it gives us charge instead of costing it. Formula remains the same. The - is flipped to a +. This indirectly teaches summoning allowing better use of pathways.

2. Barrage teaches TM based on an average of weapon skill and TM skill. It's a case to use it often to learn TM when you might otherwise be capped on a creature.

3. Barrage finishes the prep and target on the TM spell before it casts it. Prep fb 100 -> wait 0 seconds -> barrage -> Full target FB goes off on your target BEFORE your weapon hits. No mana cost, maybe a slight messaging change to suggest you used your connections to the elements to fuel the spell.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 10:06 AM CDT

Or 4. Using it once permanently swaps your secondary skillset from lore to armor. Eh? Come-on Raesh, just this once? :)
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 11:14 AM CDT
I'm solidly in the camp of keeping barrage decoupled from elemental weapons. I love elemental weapons. I think they were a pretty neat addition to the guild, I use them a lot for training extra weapons, I like that they can be made good enough so that you wouldn't be too handicapped if you wanted to kind of create your character around them. But, I don't want to /have/ to use elemental weapons to make use of other guild abilities.

I remember thinking how cool of an idea barrage was when it came out, so it is definitely disheartening that it is so cumbersome/ineffective.

My ideas aren't too much different than some of the other suggestions, but maybe more focused on the "tweak enough to make it usable" side, vs "here is how we can completely change it to make it awesome/worthwhile" side.

1. Decouple it from the active pathways. Especially with the changes to charge gain/usage where starting a pathway has a larger upfront cost, it is annoying to have to toggle your pathway on and off in order to use Barrage.

2. Improve the overall balance of the ability. There are a number of ways to improve the balance of any ability, and this one is generally under-powered, which is why people don't use it. Bringing it up could be done by tweaking any of the different balance points of frequency of use, charge cost, ability effectiveness. Right now it can be used as frequently as you have a spell ready to cast, it uses a large amount of elemental charge, and is not much more effective than just attacking then casting, or vice versa. Frequency of use I don't think could really be tweaked faster to improve the balance, the way the ability works. I would be in favor of adding a sort of internal cool-down similar to heavy TM or something, and then reducing the elemental charge usage and greatly increasing the abilities effectiveness. As less of a tweak, I would also be in favor of reducing the elemental charge usage and increasing the effectiveness by a smaller amount.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 11:35 AM CDT
I'd like to see barrage add secondary elemental damage to everything in melee (or the room). It would make lightning bolt barrages amazing.

Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 11:42 AM CDT

While I dont think Barrage should necessarily need an elemental weapon, I think it would be cooler if it "charged up" a weapon with an elemental spell, and when you struck with it, it unleashed an effect of some sort. I dont necessarily think it needs to be the spell. I thematically like the idea of charging up a weapon with magic power and unleashing it like a laser beam of frost/fire/whatever, or charging up an arrow or bolt and when it hits it does something similar. Thats how I personally see Magic/weapon blended together to a "barrage". Personally I dont particularly find anything exciting about casting a spell and slicing something at the same time. I can do that already with only a minimal RT difference.

Thats just my 2c.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 11:51 AM CDT
>>Personally I dont particularly find anything exciting about casting a spell and slicing something at the same time. I can do that already with only a minimal RT difference.

To be fair, barrage also improves the effectiveness of the melee attack; just not by a lot. If all it did was put the spell cast and melee attack together to save one second of RT with a huge elemental charge hit, then it would possibly be the worst ability in the game, instead of just really bad.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 12:00 PM CDT

>>To be fair, barrage also improves the effectiveness of the melee attack; just not by a lot. If all it did was put the spell cast and melee attack together to save one second of RT with a huge elemental charge hit, then it would possibly be the worst ability in the game, instead of just really bad.

Its pretty close to what I described, at least thats how it feels
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 12:08 PM CDT
Elemental Barrage options:

Scenario #1 - mundane weapon, any spell - charges summon levels(same effect as summon ad), otherwise same as current usage. Slight increase to melee damage. Roundtime +1-3 seconds on swingtime(weapon based) Internal cooldown: 30 seconds

Scenario #2 - element #1 weapon, element #2 spell - (I.E. Electric Scimitar and Fireball) - depletes small amount of Summon (pathway pulse) Mixes elements to cause additional damage to spell and weapon swing. (effective additional damage of 1-2 levels of weapon appraisal). Roundtime - 5+ seconds(weapon based)Cooldown - 60 seconds.

Scenario #3 - element #1 weapon, element #2 spell - A.K.A The Big One. - Tanks Summon. Adds secondary damage to all creatures in melee (spell and weapon flashy multi-attack kaboom kaboom) Summon skill and pool size dictate secondary damage amount (range from fireball/fireshards to spell clones) Roundtime - 10+ seconds Cooldown - 300 seconds.

So.. combat wise. You could use barrage over and over to charge your summoning pool, then unleash a devestating attack to 1/All creatures around you.

Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 12:16 PM CDT
Sorry, that's supposed to be

Scenario #3 - element #1 weapon, element #1 spell

Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 12:18 PM CDT

>I'm solidly in the camp of keeping barrage decoupled from elemental weapons.

I think that's fair. Maybe have elemental weapon only barrage options, or such.

I do like the idea of BARRAGE being a Warmie only combat move (similar to SLICE or LUNGE) that interacts in some way shape or form with Summoning, TM, and the used Weapon. It could come in different flavors (Heavy, Wide, Ground, whatever) that do different things, but ultimately, I like it as an option for 'Thing that blends Elemental Spells with Elemental Physical Combat', aka Avatar style Bending.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 07:30 PM CDT
>I do like the idea of BARRAGE being a Warmie only combat move (similar to SLICE or LUNGE) that interacts in some way shape or form with Summoning, TM, and the used Weapon.

I like this path as well. I have been out a while so am ignorant of the caps, but my suggestion for barrage is something that takes a page from barbarian analyze. For instance, the barrage command lists two random attacks from your current weapon and two TM spells currently in your spellbook. Completing the sequence within 60 seconds results in the final attack, whether weapon or spell, seeing a worthwhile increase in damage and accuracy. With enough skill, averaged between TM, summoning and held weapon skill, the final attack could approach the damage cap for its category. This would also result in worthwhile summoning experience and consume less charge with more skill.

The specifics are better left to folks who work with such things but this might make things a little more interesting and make the payoff worthwhile.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 07:34 PM CDT

> I'm solidly in the camp of keeping barrage decoupled from elemental weapons. I love elemental weapons. I think they were a pretty neat addition to the guild, I use them a lot for training extra weapons, I like that they can be made good enough so that you wouldn't be too handicapped if you wanted to kind of create your character around them. But, I don't want to /have/ to use elemental weapons to make use of other guild abilities.

What if we could find a compromise? What if, and I know I may be dreaming here, but what if you could use one of the three elemental infusions on weapons you didn't summon? This could allow barrage in a cool, thematic way, while giving some nice melee options for very high quality weapons that you can' summon, and it could decouple barrage from being directly tied to the pathway system.

The infused weapons could even slowly build up charge on their own, and you can barrage to expend it. There could even be another infusion that increased that charge gain. You could shape the weapon via your summoning skill to force it to replenish.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 07:40 PM CDT
A weapon modification would be nice, like elemental cambrinth.

Maybe with enchanting?

Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 08:57 PM CDT
Maybe barrage can help break past barriers.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 09:29 PM CDT

>>Maybe barrage can help break past barriers.

Thats a thought, although I feel like the pathways would be better suited for that from a make-sense perspective but whatever.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 09:35 PM CDT

>>Maybe barrage can help break past barriers.

Or maybe have it turn the TM spell you use into a heavy TM spell, timer permitting.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 10:14 PM CDT
Pathways, Barrage and regular, are on my list to investigate updates/fixes to. There's just not much we can do to a TM spell to make it better. Faster targeting, more damage, more accuracy... These are also not equally powerful buffs.

>Touch your elemental weapon (or any weapon) to store up a (or many?) TM spells, and then barrage later to unleash it (them) with a strike.

I want to make a WM spell battery of some type since both other Magic prime guilds have one, but determining what that would look like has been a major block for me. I don't want it to be a copy of either existing ability, but not sure how else to do it.

>As someone who doesn't use elemental weapons and doesn't intend to, my hope would be that we could keep systems from requiring them so that they don't become, essentially, a spell slot tax for being a WM.

I have no intention of adding more functionality on top of Elemental Weapons, for this exact reason. Some people find it useful and some don't. To me, that is the mark of a well balanced ability so I don't want to tweak it too much.

Please continue throwing ideas out. I'm reading (if a bit delayed).

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 10:45 PM CDT
It remains to be seen if heavy TM is really worth a spell slot, either. Extra damage only does so much for you, and it's hard to notice to boot.

Barrage might be worth it to me if it was just really really flashy with no actual substance. Like a finishing strike that guarantees some explosive high-teir damage messaging from both the weapon strike and the spell on something you would have killed anyway? Just something fun.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 10:56 PM CDT

> I want to make a WM spell battery of some type since both other Magic prime guilds have one, but determining what that would look like has been a major block for me. I don't want it to be a copy of either existing ability, but not sure how else to do it.

Some ideas:

* Barrage, as stated. Cast a TM spell at your weapon. The blade stores it. You can store up x number of spells based on your summoning+tm skill. You then unleash fury with each attack.

* Make it a little different than usual by not making it a spell battery. Instead, make it an elemental charge + mana battery. Cast the battery. Whenever you gain a charge, it stores a bit in the spell. Invoke the spell to have it do something flashy, give you charge back, and then refil your mana bar by a suitable amount based on the return.

* Make the battery not store the spell, but store "time". You can put fully prepped spells into the battery. Then you invoke it. The next spell you target is immediately fully targeted and seconds are drained from the battery. The battery could say this was elemental fury or something to make it thematically appropriate.

* Make it your familiar. You can touch the familiar when you have a fully prepped TM spell. The next time you cast that spell, the familiar casts it with you. Double the damage.

* Cast it. It creates an orb of aether energy around you. Mana you would normally gain is fed into the orb until full. At any time, you can point at something and it casts in rapid succession one of each basic TM spell you know until it runs out of mana.

* You, three other warrior mages, and an empath can each get a sigilated ring aligned to a different element. Charge them up. Raise them into the air and summon an elemental that lays waste to your enemies.

* You can have it extend off aether cloak. Any harmful spell cast at you is stored up. When you point at something, all of that magic is released at some level of power and sent back to the caster.

* You can raise up elemental totems to protect you. They're centered on the room you're in. It's a ritual spell to summon them. Then you can invoke the totems to enhance all the spells on you and in the room, doubling their duration. So a spell battery, but not a battery, but useful all the same. This takes a full charge, and you can do it as often as you want so long as you have a full charge to expend.

* Store up x basic spells of the same alignment. The next time you cast a spell, one of those stored is cast along side it. Casting spells counter to your alignment will cause the spell to fizzle.

> I have no intention of adding more functionality on top of Elemental Weapons, for this exact reason.

Fair, but there's so much more we can do with this without forcing someone to summon an elemental weapon, per se. For example, allow elemental weapon infusions to work on mundane weapons. While it's transformed, it will bond to you. Being attracted to your person. The transformation can sometimes cast a full prep of the basic spell it's aligned to (what barrage is now, but minus the full prep).
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/06/2016 11:48 PM CDT
Thanks for weighing in, Javac!

When I think of spell batteries and the action economy of DR, I can think of two basic things I would like to do.

1) Spell Batteries - I would like to be “always ready for action”. Clerics can achieve this through OM. Of course,I think WM’s should have something a little bit different – I’d like to be able to pop up SW, SUF, and AEG on command. The way I would suggest achieving this is an abeyance mechanic of some sort that allows us to cast the spells and spend the mana, but not have the spell take effect immediately.

Instead, the mage could then invoke the spell, and the previously stored spells would immediately pop into effect with their appropriate durations. To me, a WM should be able to say, “Invasions? Surprise attacks? I’ve got that covered.” These characters spend their lives learning how to better wage war with magic. It seems like something they would be able to handle.

The lore, perhaps, could be something involving Aether, perhaps holding the spell pattern in stasis or holding the energies in a pocket and then unleashing them. Something along those lines that uses the WM confound.

2) Barrage - The big limitation of DR magic is that you can only cast one spell at a time. WM’s are already the guild that does the most bending of this rule – we have AoE spells to hit multiple creatures, and we have DB and BG so that we can essentially pre-cast our TM.

Whether it comes down to a charged attack or pre-casting a spell on a weapon as was also suggested, I’d like to see Barrage be a similar type of thing. Something that might let me be casting a debilitation spell and then unleash my TM and weapon at or near the same time. Either one of these sounds good to me.

I’d like to really see Barrage be its own thing, its own special attack, though. This is because we have a LOT of TM spells and it would be very hard to balance between them. I think a nice way of approaching it would be to allow the intro spells covered by Elementalism only, and let them “flavor” the attack. We know that everyone has one of those spells, and it saves us from having to try to balance the ability against the entire WM arsenal.

The Ethereal Pathways are another matter. If TM doesn’t have enough ways we can make it better, it might be appropriate to just re-imagine the entire system as something else drawing on the WM’s connection to the planes, perhaps providing extra “things” that TM spells could do based on each element. A slowdown effect perhaps for ice, a burning DOT for fire, etc.

- Saragos
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/07/2016 12:37 AM CDT

>>The lore, perhaps, could be something involving Aether, perhaps holding the spell pattern in stasis or holding the energies in a pocket and then unleashing them. Something along those lines that uses the WM confound.

Sounds like a sigilated ring... but for buffs. I think its a cool concept though.

>>I’d like to really see Barrage be its own thing, its own special attack, though. This is because we have a LOT of TM spells and it would be very hard to balance between them. I think a nice way of approaching it would be to allow the intro spells covered by Elementalism only, and let them “flavor” the attack. We know that everyone has one of those spells, and it saves us from having to try to balance the ability against the entire WM arsenal.

Agreed. I think Barrage should have different effects based on what element you want to barrage with. I think thematically the attack + tm is boring. Just make them their own thing imo.

>>The Ethereal Pathways are another matter. If TM doesn’t have enough ways we can make it better, it might be appropriate to just re-imagine the entire system as something else drawing on the WM’s connection to the planes, perhaps providing extra “things” that TM spells could do based on each element. A slowdown effect perhaps for ice, a burning DOT for fire, etc.

Pathways really need to be able to boost a TM spell to be able to bypass wards and magic resistance imo. Right now they just dont seem to do anything at all for the most part.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/07/2016 01:03 AM CDT
>>Thats a thought, although I feel like the pathways would be better suited for that from a make-sense perspective but whatever.

I'm thinking of barrage more in the sense of "you stab your sword into someone and shoot your TM spell out from it". You're circumventing the barrier because the spell itself is coming from inside the house.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/07/2016 08:31 AM CDT

It would be neat if barrage allowed 2 Tm spells to be used at once with a cool down ala DB. Couldn't be contrasting elements (ex Fire and Water) and had to be single target (multi-strike single OK like FS). Some how target and 'absorb' the spell and then target a second one and unleash both at same time.

>path focus barrage

>target fs 50

Fully targeted

spell 'absorbs'

>target lb 50

fully targeted

spell 'absorbs'

>barrage

Unleash hell!
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/08/2016 07:02 AM CDT

we use wooden totems to control our familiars.so perhaps a physical device of some sort. or some sort of inner projection that is the device, and as a war mage you can see the mechanisms, but to other people it looks like a hell skull with blazing red eyes. or...why not have the device be a familiar, not necessarily the wooden talisman familiars, but something new in relation to the mechanic.

>your little blue turtle just casted LB and blew out some scrubs chest with firulfs staff. superpro bro

-Munch-
Re: When do I use barrage? 10/08/2016 11:37 AM CDT

I dont feel an improvement to tm is really needed. Maybe additional options like a hot styled tm mediated dispel, or dots or dats or such, but i think that's all sort of just pulling more cherries on an already fairly cherried sunday.

What sets and could continue to further set warmies apartfrom moonies and clerics, i feel, is magical physical combat. Barrage coud be the guild skill that does a mess of things around that. Anti magic, enhanced elemental, adding debuffs or buffing the warmie, restoring or soending attunement, etc.

Personally i think spell batteries have been done already. While useful, i think the gyst should either be make OM an analogous pattern spell or dont try and duplicate it for other guilds. Magic users should have to maintain their buffs, and its already overpowered that clerics can perpetually keep their buffs up with fairly minimal investment or effort, though, keeping buffs up isnt that tricky anyway given even simple scripts.
Prev_page Previous 1