Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/16/2006 01:55 PM CDT
No, I was saying if caster A is at 50/50/50 and caster B is at 50/50/50 and both cast on target C who is at 20/20/20 both casters would require the same prep to achieve the same effect with the same spell under the same conditions even if there is a 1000+ rank difference between Caster A's PM and Caster B's PM.

As far as testing that, it could only be tested on barbs since barbs are the only guild which reacts when their MR is completely overwhelmed so we can remove it from consideration.

Since we're stuck calculating with integers for effect even though it is certainly possible that the mana variable is a non-integer by removing MR from consideration we ensure that we're dealing with integers (barring some other factor of which I'm unaware which decreases mana in).

To me, not having done testing just anecdotal, the above doesn't seem to hold true.

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/16/2006 06:28 PM CDT
<<No, I was saying if caster A is at 50/50/50 and caster B is at 50/50/50 and both cast on target C who is at 20/20/20 both casters would require the same prep to achieve the same effect with the same spell under the same conditions even if there is a 1000+ rank difference between Caster A's PM and Caster B's PM.>>

Sorry, I have been away for a while and the magic system has changed so many times I can't keep things straight any more. I though that PM works to reduce the magical resistance of the target as well as allowing more mana to be put into the spell.

If thats the case, wouldn't the more primary mean more damage potential unless both casters were already to the point of minimized resistance on the target? From the way I understood the system to work, until you reached that transition point where resistance is no longer a factor, more Primary does increase damage.

Skazar
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/16/2006 07:35 PM CDT
A) Go Chunk.

B) If you were paying attention you'd notice that a 250 pm ES at 50 mana with 120 harness results in ES.

A 120 PM es at ANY mana with 250 harness would result in MES.

PM determines Effectiveness (aka, Damage) Harness determines Volume (aka effective transfer) More harness=more mana IN. (harness 50=100% at 200 harness) Yes, PM does affect spells, but Harness is still half the equasion. PM does not work without Harness, without PM harness doesn't work.

C) You don't have to have, know, learn PM to use harness as long as you are a MU. You can harness for other people, and paladins usually do it just cuz.

1 mana = 1 mana at all ranks.

max mana is lower for low harness ranks.

max mana is higher for high harness.

PM has nothing to do with this, or I'd NOW be able to get both MES off and pump 50 into all my first level spells. My PM is over the 50 max first level spell skills, way out ahead of my harness. Yes this is my fault/problem but illistrates the fact that HARNESS CONTROLS MANA, PM CONTROLS EFFECTIVENESS. Not the other way around.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/16/2006 08:54 PM CDT
Half of your words make sense. Half of your words are the concoction of a blathering idiot who's convinced himself of the veracity of multiple falsehoods.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/17/2006 04:07 AM CDT
Folks,

This is not a forum for bashing the player behind the account. Please refrain from doing so.

Thanks,

Wixs

With any questions, feel free to contact me (Mod-Wixs@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Message Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net).
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 01:24 AM CDT
>Half of your words make sense. Half of your words are the concoction of a blathering idiot who's convinced himself of the veracity of multiple falsehoods.

Sounds like someone put their eighth grade vocabulary final to good use. Kudos! We capitulate!

If the Truth hurts... maybe you should be more gentle with it.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 07:47 AM CDT
Too bad i'm actually telling the truth.

Try it, go on, try it, it's impossible to CAST any spell without BOTH PM and harness.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to cast 50 mana in to a spell without the harness to do so.

it is impossible to cast 50 mana into a spell without the pp to see the mana availible.

its impossible to get the mana channelled properly without the PM to do it.

They have a symbiotic relationship, without one, they're both dead.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 12:16 PM CDT
>>it is IMPOSSIBLE to cast 50 mana in to a spell without the harness to do so.
>>it is impossible to cast 50 mana into a spell without the pp to see the mana availible.

Cambrinth. With 0 ranks in PP, MD, and Harness you can (eventually) shove enough mana into enough cambrinth to cover pretty much any spell. It'd take a long time but is possible. PM is the sole true ruler for how much mana you can put into a spell - the others help with gathering the mana, but as long as you have the mana PM is the only thing that rules how much contributes to the spell.

-Kalyn
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 01:43 PM CDT
>Try it, go on, try it, it's impossible to CAST any spell without BOTH PM and harness.

Why don't you try it.

I will back up my statements. You back up yours. It is not our responsibility to back up your statements.

Post tests or shutup.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 04:23 PM CDT
OMFG!

0 ranks md/pp/harness

Charge cambrinth device able of holding mana

Charging works A) HARNESS. B) DEVICES

>Cambrinth. With 0 ranks in PP, MD, and Harness you can (eventually) shove enough mana into enough cambrinth to cover pretty much any spell. It'd take a long time but is possible. PM is the sole true ruler for how much mana you can put into a spell - the others help with gathering the mana, but as long as you have the mana PM is the only thing that rules how much contributes to the spell.

The eventual case is the fact that you LEARN HARNESS BY MOVING MANA AROUND. MOVING MANA AROUND INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO, INTO DEVICES, INTO SPELLS, AND HARNESSING FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

Without HARNESS no spell works. wait for your next clear mind and cast *ANY SPELL* once, with *ANY AMUONT OF MANA*. what will move? *pm and harness*.

PM is the percentage of effective.

HARNESS is the amount.

they're two sides of the same coin, you can't have the coin without both of them.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 05:02 PM CDT
you're a stupid head
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 07:32 PM CDT
You currently have no field experience in any of your skills!

prep refresh 40

You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Refresh spell.

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.

You gesture.
Soft waves of a gentle, warm peach color flicker around you.
A surge of renewed strength runs through you.

You currently have no field experience in any of your skills!

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/18/2006 09:04 PM CDT
rubbing an orb afterword don't count.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/19/2006 02:34 AM CDT
Uh. Refresh stops teaching magic at or before 100 ranks at any mana.

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/19/2006 11:28 AM CDT
>>rubbing an orb afterword don't count. <<

Oh that's good. Just accuse them of lying if they're the ones that actually do a test. Classy.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/19/2006 11:33 AM CDT
>Insert random derogatory wittiscm here<

"My hands caress to take your shame; The taint will fade as will your pain."
~Helena

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

~ A.E.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/19/2006 09:21 PM CDT
fs is suppose to stop at 75, most of the low level spells are suppose to stop teaching before like 100.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/19/2006 10:17 PM CDT
>>Your character's Harness Ability skill is different -- it represents your efficiency with harnessing. It increases your Maximum Harness Stat a little bit, but the main effect is to use up less of your Current Harness for the same amount of mana.

>>Primary Magic skill is important in overcoming the basic difficulty of the spell and the extra difficulty caused by the extra mana. Harness Ability skill determines how much of that extra mana is successfully applied to the spell. Therefore you need both skills to effectively boost your casting power.

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/20/2006 06:21 AM CDT
i do not approve of this conflict.

please take your piddly little general discussion about elemental magic into the general discussions folder.

but you may keep it insulting.

:oP Ragran
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/20/2006 01:29 PM CDT
>>:oP Ragran

Why don't you stick to buying expensive items for other people to rob, thanks.

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/20/2006 02:24 PM CDT
>fs is suppose to stop at 75, most of the low level spells are suppose to stop teaching before like 100.

wow.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/20/2006 11:28 PM CDT
<<fs is suppose to stop at 75, most of the low level spells are suppose to stop teaching before like 100. >>

That just may be the single stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on these boards. HAHA
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 06:37 AM CDT
<<That just may be the single stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on these boards. HAHA

Read more of his posts.

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 07:20 AM CDT
<<Why don't you stick to buying expensive items for other people to rob, thanks.>> - Navak

why don't you stick to talking about obscure numerical values, equations, keep your nose buried in excel and continue to employ what you are best at: staying celebate.

Leave the pithy reparte to me.

P.S. Of course no disrespect to all the others talking about obscure numerical values, equations, and keeping their noses buried in excel. I'm sure they get along just fine. :)
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 01:05 PM CDT
>>:oP Ragran

If you want to be witty, I'd suggest the use of spellcheck and a dictionary since you obviously don't understand what you just posted.

I am --- Navak
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 01:33 PM CDT
pwnzed!

that damn spell check comeback never fails!

Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 06:44 PM CDT
<<That just may be the single stupidest thing ive ever seen posted on these boards. HAHA

<<Read more of his posts.

haha, trebber beat me to it.

Falker
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 06:53 PM CDT
Shame you people need a goat, they sell stuffed ones you know.

Just because someone reads the boards and understands what GMs say, you call him ignorant.

first Tier spells are suppose to STOP teaching just below second teir spells, other wise there is no point in having other teirs.

spells that are not in your normal spell book do not function the same as they would if you actually had them, read SPELL SCROLLS, RUNES.

Last time I checked, Navak wasn't an empath, but he may have a pet empath somewhere he got those test results from.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 07:07 PM CDT
>>first Tier spells are suppose to STOP teaching just below second teir spells, other wise there is no point in having other teirs.

The point of tiers is added damage/funcionality

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 07:52 PM CDT
>>spells that are not in your normal spell book do not function the same as they would if you actually had them, read SPELL SCROLLS<<

Seal of Deflection is not in my normal spell book, yet it teaches better than any spell I have. This is when invoked.

I'd respond to more of your post, but you just won't get it.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 10:20 PM CDT
I still learn PM, harness, and TM better when dancing Cobra back to back then I do dancing Wolverine.

Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
-Douglas Adams
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/21/2006 10:26 PM CDT
But do roars still teach targetted as well?

also, ever since the change, zerks haven't taught nearly as well.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 06/22/2006 04:05 PM CDT
>But do roars still teach targetted as well?
>also, ever since the change, zerks haven't taught nearly as well.

hey i thought no game secrets allowed to posted on boards?

board monitor?
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 11:48 AM CDT
<Makes popcorn>

<Observes>

~m~
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 07:11 PM CDT
<Makes popcorn>

<Observes>

I hope that's some good popcorn because most elotheans realized this conflict ended almost a month ago.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-Yogi Berra
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 07:19 PM CDT
oooooo burnnnnnn

~Helena

~ A.E.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 07:48 PM CDT
ZOW!!!

I barely read anything outside of the General Discussions/Familiar/Title folder.

Mostly because everything you morons say is pointless :|

Just kidding... die in a fire now, thanks.

-meanne-
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 08:25 PM CDT
Wow...

A month stale, and still generating irony.

I think I've struck posting gold here.

M.
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 08:55 PM CDT
>die in a fire now, thanks.

Is it weird that I've heard that twice today?

-Durnil
Re: To: My fellow Warrior Mages. Re: You are idiots. Cease posting immediately. 07/11/2006 10:16 PM CDT
Meanne, we wouldn't pick on you if we didn't love you..

ok.. THEY wouldn't pick on you if they didn't love you..

<3

~Helena

~ A.E.