~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/04/2003 04:26 PM CDT
Wow. No one got my joke at all. Oh well.

~Fillia, Master of the Cupcake

"Sorry for the wait, U-1"
"Puma! Gitaroo!"
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/04/2003 05:16 PM CDT
Fillia maybe it just wasn't really funny. No one cares about your drawings :p

You want me to build what ?!

Ancient Chinese Wall Engineer
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 12:14 AM CDT
<chuckles>

Can't really rate what you say by responses on the boards, Filia :)

Unless what you say sparks something in a person which makes him think what he has to say about it is worth saying, he won't comment. Doesn't have anything to do with you personally.

Plus, not everyone's perceptive enough to pick up on the little things. Best to just speak your truth and let those who have ears listen. :)

Gybrush, bardic S'kra

P.S. I think you're clever, but can't work with shade.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 12:28 AM CDT
It wasn't supposed to be funny! It was supposed to be corny and people were supposed to die from sheer cornyness.

Gybrush - I have problems with shading too...

~Fillia, Master of the Cupcake

"Sorry for the wait, U-1"
"Puma! Gitaroo!"
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 09:31 AM CDT
You really wanna know why you can draw weapons from hiding: Look <your character name> while hiding, if you cant see you, you cant see yer weapon, you cant draw it without comming out of hiding. Geez, keep asking for the world, they will never give us anything!! Be happy with what ya can do, or become a mage.

Act like someone is watching....they probably are.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 09:32 AM CDT
sorry, that should be "why you cant" not "why you can" too darned early in the morning after a good fireworks display and drinking the night before.. ::sigh::

Act like someone is watching....they probably are.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 10:09 AM CDT
<<Wow. No one got my joke at all. Oh well.

I got it!! Instead of drawing a weapon, you meant like drawing a picture!!

-Some guy.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 01:26 PM CDT
>Drawing weapons while hiding is patently absurd. It will never happen. What a rediculous idea. Even in a fantasy world, you can only suspend so much disbelief. It would be better if folks just let this one die and focus their efforts on thinking of more reasonable suggestions.

>You really wanna know why you can draw weapons from hiding: Look <your character name> while hiding, if you cant see you, you cant see yer weapon, you cant draw it without comming out of hiding. Geez, keep asking for the world, they will never give us anything!! Be happy with what ya can do, or become a mage.

I'm not asking for the world here. I'm not even saying that life sucks without this ability. I'm just saying that to me it makes sense that we could draw a weapon from hiding. It would be neat. It would be fun. It's ok if we don't have it, but it's not inconceivable that one could pull a weapon from hiding, especailly if you consider that you can hide on someone AT POLE RANGE and then ADVANCE THEM, which in itself is absurd.

If it's a coding thing, that's different than saying the action could never take place in a real world. And for the record, it is possible to pull small things out of your pockets while hiding in the real world. I do it playing paintball all the time. A paint grenade can be a beautiful thing.

In closing, read the whole post and don't read too much into what's there. It would be cool, it's not physically impossible by any stretch of the imagination, and not really that important. It would just...
>Be nice to be able to draw a melee weapon from hiding. Perhaps limit it to LE, or backstabbable....

Feel free to return to your "It'll never happen. It's not possible!" flaming. I've made my point.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 01:33 PM CDT
>Feel free to return to your "It'll never happen. It's not possible!" flaming. I've made my point.

They're actually just messing with you. (Here's a good natured hint: The only point you've made is that you don't know what abilities already currently exist :)

Apu
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/05/2003 01:51 PM CDT
And APU gets the banana-skin prize!

<pokes Nektoo for telling Apu secrets, hard>

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page