Prev_page Previous 1
Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 05:49 AM CST
Heyo Commoners,

As some of you have no-doubt noticed, when Rangers aren't asking for "arrange" to default to the dead-critter so we don't get swarmed & killed, or asking for the ability to use our herb-lore (foraging) to make antidotes/poison, occasionally we ask about the possibility of using stealthy moves relating to archery that would better facilitate Sniping/Poaching.

I'd like to have a discussion about whether there's a way for this to happen that wouldn't completely stomp all over your stealth abilities.

So, consider this proposal and give me feedback:

1) Rangers would be able to sheath a weapon while in hiding. This would carry an accompanying RT (I'm thinking in the 6-8 range, basically 2+ the load-time of a bow) and would also have a sterner stealth-check than loading a bow. Rangers would NOT be able to bring the weapon back out without coming out of hiding, this would be one-way only.

2) Rangers would be able to unsling a bow. This would have the same RT/stealth-check as mentioned above. (6-8 seconds) This would NOT work with containers, you'd have to already have the bow shoulder-worn.

Given the limitations & restrictions, how much of an infringement would this be seen as? (And remember, Rangers can already load/fire from hiding with a bow.)

Also, assuming that you folks can't already do 1 and/or 2, I'd think that this would be available to both Stealth Guilds.

I'll be interested in your responses.

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 06:50 AM CST
If you want to do things like this, just go to an inn, Check in reroll, and join the better guild (our guild).

Not being sarcastic, but if i want to start arranging things, etc, i'd join the rangers guild.

You already have spells that are supreme when it comes to using ranged weapons in combat, for example, i've been easily able to hit a person with 400+ evasion with just over 200 longbow with certain spells up (STW, STT, etc), this is in a ranger friends body. And I plucked said person full of of arrows.

I'm just stating the above as i'm always rather surprised (though not as much these days) at how much you have, and yet, you still want more ..

Seriously, you're all basically of the thiefs guild (this conclusion comes after years of playing both guilds), just check in reroll, and take the final step.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 07:20 AM CST
#1 would most likely should have a weight-check for the weapon, same as our similar thingie.

#2 would be good for BOTH guilds, I agree.

This doesn't look like a good place to finger-waggle.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 07:39 AM CST
>>I'd like to have a discussion about whether there's a way for this to happen that wouldn't completely stomp all over your stealth abilities.<<

Considering we don't have those ideas you mentioned yet... It would be quite difficult to give them to Rangers without:

a) Pissing all of us off. Not that anyone particularly cares...

b) Taking away the usefulness of some of our current abilities that we've been asking (for over a year, perhaps two or more) to have upgraded at higher circles to do:

c) Exactly what you want.

I know there's a sentiment among some of the GMs that they can't add alot of new things into the game without pissing off certain guilds who consider the abilities "theirs." (Say poison or enchanting.) And to an extent, I agree with them.

Keeping the conversation civil and without getting into too much guild vs. guild, I think the Ranger guild really has to decide whether to specialize in certain areas, or else to be generalists. Face it, you're already considered a Stealth guild, a Combat guild, even though you're magic tertiary you've got some impressive spells in all three categories -offense-defense-utility-, you're the best at tanning leather armor or fletching bows... So really, your guild excels at a large number of things. You can't be naturally good at EVERYTHING.

Thieves are a primarily a Stealth guild. Our main focus is Stealth, second to none. We also have skills as Locksmiths, and LIMITED combat abilities, mostly focused on a quick kill - nothing else. And that fits with what I see of Thieves. Since we specialize in Stealth, it makes much more sense that we'd get the large benefit of stealth abilities.

If Rangers want to specialize in stealth, I don't think it makes sense to get bonuses and abilities in so many other areas. Like I said, you can't be naturally good at EVERYTHING. And Thieves already have abilities involving moving SMALL ITEMS while remaining hidden - a natural precursor to moving large items while remaining hidden.

The short of it: Rangers get to slip weapons and bows while hidden over my dead body.

Tam
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 08:36 AM CST
The problem as I see it is the fact that your suggestions are basically what we can already do x10000. We already have severe limitations to what we can do in hiding, and basically giving those things to you guys make ours literally useless. If anything, our should be upgraded.

On the bow part, I agree for both guilds, not one or the other. It would seem to be an extension of snipe, and therefor both guilds that can snipe should see the benefit of it. Oh, BTW, ALL guilds can load in hiding, we're the only ones that can snipe. On the weapon part, I'd have to say it'd highly piss off a lot of us. It's more of an extension to backstabbing, so, it fits us.

-Greg

The Lair
http://lair.aldaren.com
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 10:29 AM CST
I can see your logic, and I am not totally opposed to the idea, but here are a couple of thoughts to add balance to the it...

Rangers are stealthy - in the wilds - so maybe unslinging a bow wile hidden out of town would be feasible.

On the other hand the hidden manipulation of items and weapons is something that takes training, and I am sure Kalika has never given any thought to such activities, so you would have to speak to someone who is an authority on the subject...

Rangers can snipe, but this fits more in the hunter role - the stealthy poacher of animals with enough skill becoming a master of the bow and remaining hidden while firing it. picture the difference between the hunter who shoots a deer and scares the rest of the herd away and the one who remains undetected by his prey. Thieves, on the other hand have a certain assassin-like quality to their attacks by nature. They are not hunting animals, they are masters of urban stealth and combat, and in conducting their seedy business it is often necessary to produce or hide a weapon unseen to better facilitate a kill. Picture the difference here between the thug in the street who when confronted simply pulls out a weapon and attacks, and the fellow who was with the thug that you didn't see pull out a blade and disappear... until it was too late.

Also, when a ranger hunts, he knows he is hunting, and can prepare himself accordingly... if he decides to go and shoot something he has his bow polished, string tightened etc. Often due to his activities the thief can find themselves the hunted, often when they least expect it, so they have devoted some time to training themselves in dealing with that situation.

In conclusion, this ability is a very specific guild ability, and I cannot see a single thief that would be happy about it being 'poached' for another guild, especially since it is one of the few we have that we can actually call our own. That includes some 'tweaked down' version of it or anything remotely similar to it.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 10:47 AM CST
#1 I'm iffy about. It doesnt fit the ranger persona for me... A weapon is to be used at melee, and when a ranger hunts in the wild, they typically use a bow and not a knife... But then again, they COULD... So it's iffy... And so I'm opposed... Though if it were to go through, there would certainly have to be weight checks...

#2 I'm fine with... You guys are masters of archery (esp. with snipe) and so this ability makes sense for me... Though if Rangers get this, I'm sure a certain other guild needs it too... We also use bows, you know...

And as for what Tamasan said... I agree totally... Rangers are way too much "the jack of all trades" for me to like... But that's another discussion...

The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 01:25 PM CST
Gonif, Tam, ICON1, Greg, KAMVENIENCE, thanks for the constructive feedback.

If I wasn't clear before, both things that I proposed would be possible by both Guilds. (I'd imagine that some of the limitations I described wouldn't apply to you folks, and your range of "possibility" with this type of manuver would far exceed mine.)

If #1 comes too close (even with the "putting away" limitation I described) to infringing on your ability(ies), I can understand that. I suggested that one out of experience getting smashed up at melee, and having to hide quickly to save myself. Often, I've wished I could stealthily switch over to my bow, without doing the (IMO) OOC "come-out-of-hiding-to-put-this-away-and-grab-my-bow-now-you-don't-see-me-again-SNIPE!" dance-step.

However, #2 would still solve my problem. I would just sheath my melee weapon, and then hide. Carefully unsling the bow, then payback the critter that was just munching on vital parts of my anatomy. (Unslinging a bow at melee isn't recommended, especially if you're already unbalanced.)

Again, thanks for the feedback and for not just turning this into a hate-fest. I know there's a lot of bitterness out there, and I'm not trying to add to it.

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 01:45 PM CST
>>and your range of "possibility" with this type of manuver would far exceed mine<<

So what exactly is larger/more visible than weapons or bows that we would be able to put away/take out while remaining hidden, that Rangers wouldn't?

The only thing that I could come up with would be armor, and really, what would the usefulness of that be?

If both guilds got those things, basically you would be getting all of ours, the stuff we had wouldn't be "ours" anymore, and we would gain little. To me, that would definately feel like we came out on the losing end.

Tam
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:06 PM CST
course, to even things out, I think we should get some of "theirs", too.

i.e. foraging bonus to getting stuff in the city. i.e. poisonous mushrooms, nightshade or other "stuff"--& makin' somethin nasty out of 'em. Or skinnin for specific parts <a "commoner" version of arrange--which we'd be able to use for...stuff.

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:07 PM CST
<<So what exactly is larger/more visible than weapons or bows that we would be able to put away/take out while remaining hidden, that Rangers wouldn't?

<<The only thing that I could come up with would be armor, and really, what would the usefulness of that be?

My suggestion was to allow the sheathing of ONE weapon. No gems. No lockpicks. No gweths. No "handing" anything to anyone else in a sneaky manner. Nothing else. Sheathe one weapon so that your hand is empty to unsling the bow. A Ranger would be unable to draw the weapon without coming out of hiding. (How sheathing a melee weapon equates to "backstab" as someone suggested is a bit beyond me....)

Do you honestly equate everything that you have or that is planned for you to equal what I described?

<<If both guilds got those things, basically you would be getting all of ours, the stuff we had wouldn't be "ours" anymore, and we would gain little. To me, that would definately feel like we came out on the losing end.
<<Tam

Mostly answered above, and currently NO-ONE can unsling a bow while in hiding and have a chance to remain so.

And as I said in the second post, if it's the consensus that allowing a Ranger to sheath one weapon would infringe too much on your abilities, that's fine. Strike suggestion #1 from the board and let's forget about it.

Now how about those bows? ;-)

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:09 PM CST
<<course, to even things out, I think we should get some of "theirs", too.

<<i.e. foraging bonus to getting stuff in the city. i.e. poisonous mushrooms, nightshade or other "stuff"--& makin' somethin nasty out of 'em. Or skinnin for specific parts <a "commoner" version of arrange--which we'd be able to use for...stuff.

Why ask for that on a contingency basis?

If it fits your (lack of a) Guild, then suggest it as a stand-alone.

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:17 PM CST

<<Mostly answered above, and currently NO-ONE can unsling a bow while in hiding and have a chance to remain so.>>

maybe not in hiding, but any Moon Mage with the RF spell or any magic user that can buy an RF rune can do exactly that from a "hidden" position.

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:34 PM CST
Honestly, if Ranger just want to slip a weapon away, that's fine with me, though I'm sure there will be people out there saying "If I can put my broadsword away quietly, why can't I put this topaz away quietly?"

The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:38 PM CST
<<maybe not in hiding, but any Moon Mage with the RF spell or any magic user that can buy an RF rune can do exactly that from a "hidden" position.

Conceded. I know nothing about any "invisible"-type abilities other than what Rangers have. Movement negates our blend.

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:39 PM CST
<<Honestly, if Ranger just want to slip a weapon away, that's fine with me, though I'm sure there will be people out there saying "If I can put my broadsword away quietly, why can't I put this topaz away quietly?"

Yah, unfortunately I'm sure there would be. (Although this isn't limited to only Rangers.)

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 02:54 PM CST
>>Honestly, if Ranger just want to slip a weapon away, that's fine with me, though I'm sure there will be people out there saying "If I can put my broadsword away quietly, why can't I put this topaz away quietly?"<<

That was a somewhat more diplomatic way of saying the same thing I did.

And the thing about the RF... go buy an RF rune if being able to put away a weapon without anyone seeing is desperately important.

Tam
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 03:14 PM CST
After thinking about this a bit--I'd have to say no to rangers getting anything like this.

last time i checked rangers could use runestones. so you can already do it by using a spell.

thing of it is--you folks seem to want to do what YOU can do already, plus what WE can do. Rangers already seem to have their finger in every single pie.

Double-load: shared with barbarians as a combat guild.

Kick-ass spells: stw plus SOTT ...plus access to the magic system which means any spell thats on a runestone, you have the potential of using.

wilderness bonus out where Most of the critters live...

survival bonus and sniping which is part of us--but we don't have all the fancy spells--plus we have the "benefit" of now trying to "resist" if someone tries to cast something "beneficial" on us--big whoop!-whereas you folks don't resist what doesn't harm you, and still try to evade those that do.-

it's like one of the old stories in greek mythology or in the bible, where the king <who already has the biggest flock of sheep in the nation>, orders that the poor guy that lives next doors only sheep is killed for the banquet, when its the only sheep the poor guy owns.

seems you want whats yours and whats ours, too. just say... no.

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 03:45 PM CST
Gonif,

Any answer to you (or to Laros earlier) would best be suited to Conflicts and not this folder.

Since I didn't come here to start a conflict, and since I'm a guest here, yours is the last point to be made in this discussion.

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 05:31 PM CST
I have no conflict with your character--which is what conflicts is for.

It is an issue of direction for various guilds, and inter-guild relationships as far as priorities are concerned, and skills should not all be constructed in the same way. Otherwise why bother having guilds?

Thus no, I'm not taking this discussion to conflicts, as I am not conflicting with your character.

Rather, I'm stating that whats ours--is ours.

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 06:14 PM CST
<<I have no conflict with your character--which is what conflicts is for.

I agree that none of my characters have any conflicts with your characters.

<<It is an issue of direction for various guilds, and inter-guild relationships as far as priorities are concerned, and skills should not all be constructed in the same way. Otherwise why bother having guilds?

Some "things" are larger than can be confined to a single guild. Combat. Should there be only one guild allowed to use combat of any type? Only one guild that may use magic? "Stealth" is a big word, and it applies to EVERY guild in that EVERY guild may hide. It applies a lot more to your guild and mine, in that we are stealthier than the rest. (Sniping, poaching, loading, your combat-move, our ability to Scout while hidden, etc.)

This wasn't about "taking" your abilities. This was about how reasonable it would seem to you, that a Ranger hunting would be able to unsling a bow without drawing attention to said Ranger. (And obviously, since I've only said it twice, a Commoner would also find this a reasonble thing to be able to do, plus everything else that the Commoner can already do + will do in the future.)

Either way, the "old" rhetoric won the debate. Rangers have the world and want more, but fortunately wiser heads prevailed.

Folcwyn

P.S. I also love the irony of folks who rail against magic negating hard-earned mundane stealth (etc) ranks then turning around and saying "Get a rune, Ranger-boy". ;-)
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 07:29 PM CST
I think to make Rangers and Thieves happy alike, lets give them something called Death. All they have to do is type Death <person> or Death <critter> or even Death <person> <person> <critter> <critter> and the person(s) and/or critter(s) specified die.
Please, lets have some feedback....

I gues more on topic so my post don't get pulled I used my mathmatical abilites and came up with some awesome equations:

Ranger + put anything in a container while hidden = no
Thief + tan and skin = no
Ranger + unsling a bow while hidden = yes
Thief + unsling a bow while hidden = yes

Galear Konah
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 07:48 PM CST
death wolves that pull us from hiding with no skill-check.

:-)

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 08:41 PM CST
<<I think to make Rangers and Thieves happy alike, lets give them something called Death. All they have to do is type Death <person> or Death <critter> or even Death <person> <person> <critter> <critter> and the person(s) and/or critter(s) specified die.
Please, lets have some feedback....

Might be less complaints all around just to give the ability to every OTHER guild, but it could only be used against Rangers and Thieves. ;-)

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 08:52 PM CST
<<"Stealth" is a big word, and it applies to EVERY guild in that EVERY guild may hide.>>

yeah every guild can hide... a 3 year old child can hide, does that make a 3 year old child stealthy like a Navy Seal/Army OPs/ninja type? Hiding is hiding, stealth is the abilities that come along with hidding. That is why Thieves are masters of stealth, and rangers are a stealth guild.

Yamcer

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/08/2003 11:27 PM CST
>>"Stealth" is a big word<<

Exactly the point. Its such a big word, that in order to excel in stealth, you must SPECIALIZE in stealth. While Rangers are more than welcome to stealth bonuses in a couple things based on being stealth oriented, if you want to be stealth gods, that needs to be your focus. Not stealth oriented and combat oriented and general survivalists and magic users and... on and on. You can't do everything and be good at everything and better than or equal to everyone in everything. I think that's the definition of an "uber" guild.

Thieves have strengths and weaknesses. Its a sacrifice to be the best at some things - you end up being the worst at other things. And I'm fine with that - as long as everyone else is playing by the same rules. I want guild diversity, even if it means I can never cast a spell, play an instrument at a mastery level, or learn skinning at a decent pace against critters that Barbs a third my circle can handle blindfolded. I want that because I know that I can rob any mage, Bard, Ranger, or Barb of every copper they've got on 'em.

Tam
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/09/2003 05:05 AM CST
<<Exactly the point. Its such a big word, that in order to excel in stealth, you must SPECIALIZE in stealth. While Rangers are more than welcome to stealth bonuses in a couple things based on being stealth oriented, if you want to be stealth gods, that needs to be your focus. Not stealth oriented and combat oriented and general survivalists and magic users and... on and on. You can't do everything and be good at everything and better than or equal to everyone in everything. I think that's the definition of an "uber" guild.

Do you remember the post by Maelona (I THINK it was her) that sort of "justified" Sniping for Thieves and Rangers after the fact? (When other Guilds were saying that it should be a mundane thing open to all) The Thief reasoning was stealth + asassin-type stuff. The Ranger reasoning was stealth + the natural affinity we have for Bows. (and don't forget that Lirisa was an asassin)

Rangers are not "better than or equal to everyone in everything", and that's certainly not what I'm asking for. This is related to stealth, and it's related to bow-weapons. The #2 suggestion I made is VERY specialized, whereas your abilities (today & planned, AFAIK) are much much much more general.

<<Thieves have strengths and weaknesses. Its a sacrifice to be the best at some things - you end up being the worst at other things. And I'm fine with that - as long as everyone else is playing by the same rules. I want guild diversity, even if it means I can never cast a spell, play an instrument at a mastery level, or learn skinning at a decent pace against critters that Barbs a third my circle can handle blindfolded. I want that because I know that I can rob any mage, Bard, Ranger, or Barb of every copper they've got on 'em.
<<Tam

One of the "sacrifices" that Rangers make are the requirements that we operate under. Yes, we are a very "capable" guild, but those perks are balanced out by the requirements to get them. Jent has mentioned that it's easier to get some things approved, because our requirements (weapons, for instance) are so steep.

Anyways, thanks everyone for all of the feedback. The whole thought behind this is a situation like this:

>bestie engages me and is quickly approaching.
>appraise beastie
>You're sure that the beastie is going to stomp your head in if it get's close enough.
>hold bow
>...wait 1 second
>hide
>You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.

Under the current systems, it just takes me 3.1 seconds to "fix" this situation. Hold the bow, which brings me out, then re-hide. I'd find it more IC to spend 6-8 seconds (+ stealth-check) but remain in hiding.

Guess there are worse things than keeping a 3.1-second "fix". ;-)

Folcwyn
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 03/10/2003 12:07 AM CST
I just think that any guild can hide and do any movement as long as a skill check in in place. To load an arrow in hiding ranges from 3 seconds to 12 seconds. I figure that if you want to sheathe a light weapon, maybe 3-10 seconds. Medium 6-13 seconds and heavey weighted weapons 10+. Besides any guild can hide and load a ranged weapon in hiding. So why not add these into the factor.

Just my two lirums.
Cefwen R.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 06/28/2003 02:33 AM CDT
Rangers already have the best (read: all) bow abilities around, combine their spells with dual-load, snipe, reduced RT from the quiver (i think anyway) removing a bow in hiding...sure, may as well go for the full house of ranged weapon uberness. But since it falls in the realm of stealth, us as being the gods of stealth, should get it too. But honestly, i'd have to say being able to manipulate melee weapons in hiding...i feel that would step on us Commoner's toes. Has nothing to do with ranged weapons, and everything to do with stealth. Pick ranged godliness, or stealth godliness. One or the other.

(Still bitter that snipe was not designed with commoners included)
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/02/2003 02:28 AM CDT
Be nice to be able to draw a melee weapon from hiding. Perhaps limit it to LE, or backstabbable....
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/02/2003 02:33 AM CDT

NO way! Are you insane! NO way your gonna ever slip that one by Kalag and his crew! You got to be kiddin me... Draw a weapon out and not be seen doing it from hiding... Pfft! People who Draw weapons or always seen gonna be seen and thats as it should be!

22 4F 76 65 72 6C 6F 72 64 20 53 6F 69 6D 2C 20 4D 61 73 74 65 72 20 54 68 69 65 66 22
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/02/2003 07:39 AM CDT
>Chanerelle snickers at Soims comment, not noticing a banana peel in her path she slips and knocks her head on the ground.
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/02/2003 01:18 PM CDT
>>Puts out the "Caution.. Banana slip zone" sign.<<

Thanks

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/02/2003 02:24 PM CDT
Aiie! You stepped on Mikita Banana! Someone call an Empath!

~Fillia, Master of the Cupcake

"What do I do, Puma!"
"Just dodge, U-One! Keep dodging!"
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/03/2003 06:27 PM CDT
>NO way! Are you insane! NO way your gonna ever slip that one by Kalag and his crew! You got to be kiddin me... Draw a weapon out and not be seen doing it from hiding... Pfft! People who Draw weapons or always seen gonna be seen and thats as it should be!

Either you're being sarcastic or you're serious and typing drunk.... Just think though. Stealthy stealthy makey knifey come out from hidey hidey.... Think you could be hiding from someone and pull something small and quiet out of your pocket without anyone knowing? I think so, especially since we can load ranged from hiding....

>Shrugs and slips back into the shadows.

Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/03/2003 08:39 PM CDT
Read his post carefully 10 times over.

Drawing a weapon while hiding and remaining hidden is a crazy idea!

>... and slips back into the shadows.

Now yer talkin!

Gybrush, bardic S'kra
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/03/2003 10:47 PM CDT
<<Either you're being sarcastic or you're serious and typing drunk...>>

Or crazly like a fox. As long as most don't get it then it's fine.I type lots of things in a semi Soim code most people don't get right off though.

22 4F 76 65 72 6C 6F 72 64 20 53 6F 69 6D 2C 20 4D 61 73 74 65 72 20 54 68 69 65 66 22
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/04/2003 12:23 AM CDT
Soim, I'm the only one allowed to be crazy like a fox! Pssh! You should know that by now.

And I agree. You shouldn't be able to draw anything in the shadows. Not enough light. Unless you're really really good at drawing.

~Fillia, Master of the Cupcake (and crazy like a fox!)

"Sorry for the wait, U-1"
"Puma! Gitaroo!"
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/04/2003 04:13 PM CDT
Why shouldn't you be able to draw from hiding? Just because I can't see you doesn't mean you can reach in your pocket or sheathe or harness and pull something out. Drawing from hiding is as preposterous as advancing a target from hiding....
Re: Discussion - Stealth/Rangers/Archery 07/04/2003 04:20 PM CDT
Drawing weapons while hiding is patently absurd. It will never happen. What a rediculous idea. Even in a fantasy world, you can only suspend so much disbelief. It would be better if folks just let this one die and focus their efforts on thinking of more reasonable suggestions.

-Gheist
Prev_page Previous 1