Prev_page Previous 1
Eroes 02/24/2008 06:21 PM CST
You're an idiot.

Debuffs are not useless or anywhere close to useless in training characters or in killing things/characters.

Access to debuffs is one of the best ways, if not the best way, to train a character.

>>I am all for reduced EXP with the way the debuff system used to work. Knock a critter out so they can not defend themselves, then you should not get the same amount of EXP. However, a change was made that now lets them defend, even in a state of sleep. The EXP shouldn't be reduced if the critter can defend.

They could always defend themselves, it's just the status capped the penalties and didn't allow certain penalties to stack.

>>Who said anything about reducing the effect of poison? I've simply pointed that poison (along with other debuff skills) is useless for training your character. I would like to see these skills made useful, when training, for everyday use.

ALONG WITH OTHER DEBUFF SKILLS means you're posting that poison is a debuff.

>>It's kind of like your response. While not totally useless, two snide sentences that ignore all the other points made, doesn't offer much in the way of value.

My two short sentences encapsulated both of your points, that debuffing is a bad way to train and that poison is a debuff.

If you haven't caught on that debuffs are useful, especially before when you didn't even need a weapon skill to use the thief versions, then I don't know of any argument which would convince you.

I am --- Navak
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 06:52 PM CST
name calling is so childish, but hell if it makes you feel better ... have at it.

<They could always defend themselves, it's just the status capped the penalties and didn't allow certain penalties to stack.>

This doesn't change the fact that after the change they defended better. But again, you choose to ignore the point of the complaint, opting instead to show that your mechanically correct. Bully for you. The point still stand. They defend better now! The EXP shouldn't be reduced.

<ALONG WITH OTHER DEBUFF SKILLS means you're posting that poison is a debuff.>

Yeah, already acknowledge this in another post. I still think you are smart enough to understand what I was getting at though. I like how you left out the brackets. It give your statement more weight. shrugs

< If you haven't caught on that debuffs are useful, especially before when you didn't even need a weapon skill to use the thief versions, then I don't know of any argument which would convince you. >

What the once were is not relevant to this conversation. Perhaps I just view EXP reduction as a penalty and don't like that type of development. All I know is, I learn much better when I don't knock out the creatures.

E.

SEND[Zeyurn] Such is life.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 07:53 PM CST
>>All I know is, I learn much better when I don't knock out the creatures.

You call it a penalty, I call it working as intended. Not much to learn when you're wailing on something unconscious or unable to move. It's kind of like sparring in a karate class against some quadriplegic kid who can't fight back. What are you really getting out of the fight?

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 07:59 PM CST
>>What are you really getting out of the fight?

Debuffing an enemy and buffing an enemy has the same effect (e.g., lessening the challenge) only one boosts experience and the other penalizes it.
Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 08:18 PM CST
Ehh, not really.

Me taking human growth hormones to bulk up and get stronger (read: buffing myself) and then fighting a normal person is not the same as kicking some cripple who can't fight back.

In the self buffing example I still am getting something out of the fight.

-Galren Moonskin

!>You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde screaming in barbaric approval of your deeds.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 08:32 PM CST
If you're given insight into higher levels of skill than you had previously, you're learning from a higher degree of skill than you typically possess. This is similar to if someone were to teach you a class in the appropriate skill while you were actively training it.

__
~Leilond, the Crazy Anime Ninja 1000-Macro Non-Artificial Bard
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v2.xls
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 08:41 PM CST
< Me taking human growth hormones to bulk up and get stronger (read: buffing myself) and then fighting a normal person is not the same as kicking some cripple who can't fight back. >

Interesting. No one has really said this, however, perhaps the EXP reduction is valid due to the reduced risk to the player. I'll have to think about that.

< You call it a penalty, I call it working as intended. Not much to learn when you're wailing on something unconscious or unable to move.>

It still feels like the reduction is greater than it should be, when the critter can still defend itself. Which means the critter can move, just not attack back.

Also, with self buffing like spar, don't I in fact hit harder, thus gain more exp per hit? I think this is what is really wonky to me. Buff myself, under hunt and get more EXP. Debuff critter, over hunt and get less exp.

Seems counter intuitive to a risk vs reward system.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 09:13 PM CST

>>If you're given insight into higher levels of skill than you had previously, you're learning from a higher degree of skill than you typically possess. This is similar to if someone were to teach you a class in the appropriate skill while you were actively training it.

No, it really isn't. Using your superpowers to magically make your opponent seem weaker than he actually is has the same outcome as using your superpowers to penalize his strength and make you seem stronger than you actually are.

DFA spell with 500 TM vs. 400 evasion = 100 rank difference

DFA spell with 600 TM (buff) vs 400 evasion = 200 rank difference

DFA spell with 500 TM vs. 300 evasion (debuff) = 200 rank difference.

>>Me taking human growth hormones to bulk up and get stronger (read: buffing myself) and then fighting a normal person is not the same as kicking some cripple who can't fight back.

This is an inconsistent analogy. It's difficult to write an apt analogy when you compare two similar things (rank buff and rank debuff) that work within the same system (DR combat) to two things which are completely different (abusing a helpless cripple and taking growth hormones).

Instead try this:

If you're running a timed marathon versus several opponents, is injecting muscle stimulants into your legs (buff) somehow more rewarding or more honorable than putting muscle tranquilizers (debuff) in his drinking bottle?

I don't see how pushing the "I win" button is better than pushing the "You lose" button. I am convinced (though I could be wrong) that it's simply a limitation of the experience system in that it takes base attack into account (e.g., doesn't penalize you for using buffs) and instead of base defense uses current defense (e.g., penalizes you for using debuffs). I doubt this is a conscious design decision. If it is, I disagree with it.

Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 09:55 PM CST
>>Using your superpowers to magically make your opponent seem weaker than he actually is...

But... increasing my own ability isn't making my opponent any weaker. It's merely making myself better.

>>...using your superpowers to penalize his strength and make you seem stronger than you actually are.

Again, this is not logical. If I'm penalizing someone, how am I somehow appearing stronger than I really am? Isn't it common knowledge at that point that it is in fact the opponent's inability to defend him/herself that is the result of my drastic success?

>>If you're running a timed marathon versus several opponents, is injecting muscle stimulants into your legs (buff) somehow more rewarding or more honorable than putting muscle tranquilizers (debuff) in his drinking bottle?
<<

A timed marathon isn't a training exercise.

If I'm doing a math problem and I am wearing a casset player which is constantly feeding me ideas pertinent to my study(rank bonus equivilant), I'm obviously going to learn and retain that information easier, rather than if I were to constantly fail and bumble through the problems while making the occasional success. Likewise, if I'm given easier problems(debuff) I obviously am not presented with an at-level challenge to my normal abilities, and thus do not learn as well, if at all.

__
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 10:17 PM CST
<< Likewise, if I'm given easier problems(debuff) I obviously am not presented with an at-level challenge to my normal abilities, and thus do not learn as well, if at all. >>

I don't think this one works. The "base" creature is not easier to fight, you make it easier (debuff).

It would be like getting a math problem, then getting a clue (debuff) toward solving the problem. The base level of the math problem has not changed.

And yeah, when given clues, we often can fill in the blanks with some reasoning and learn. And that learning can be more efficient and just stumbling through the same problem with no help. So the clue (debuff) would enhance my learning, not limit it.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 10:20 PM CST
>>If I'm doing a math problem and I am wearing a casset player which is constantly feeding me ideas pertinent to my study(rank bonus equivilant),

Again, I think this is a very bad analogy for buffs.

You seem to be assuming that buffs represent insights into functionality and thus should increase learning rate.

That simply isn't the case (at least not with all of them). Benediction is a a magical matrix formed by manipulation of mana to artificially increase your strength and agility, which in turn makes you hit harder. It is not a sudden insight into the properties of sword-swinging which lets you swing more effectively.

Mathematically the end result is exactly the same: you are lessening the challenge. From a pure systems standpoint I don't see why one would increase experience and the other decrease experience. Either both should have no effect on experience or both should bonus experience since both increase rate of success.

If you want to argue the philosophy behind buffs versus the philosophy behind debuffs, I disagree that debuffs are "making the problem easier," so to speak. If I am fighting the dreaded Orc Lord Badbreath with 1000 shield ranks he represents a dangerous opponent regardless of what means I use to overcome him. If I use Dragon Dance (which, again, is more like a Superpower than an insight into learning) to increase my 2HE ranks and beat him head-to-head I should be rewarded X amount of experience for defeating a terrible orc lord. If I instead use my mastery of stealth to knock him upside the head with a brick and then stab him in the back while he's down I should still be awarded X experience for defeating a terrible ord lord.

More plainly, I don't see why Barbarian dances represent a better training tool than Cleric curses or Mental Blast.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 11:07 PM CST
<< Likewise, if I'm given easier problems(debuff) I obviously am not presented with an at-level challenge to my normal abilities, and thus do not learn as well, if at all. >>
I don't think this one works. The "base" creature is not easier to fight, you make it easier (debuff).

... The creature is not easier to fight, and yet I make it easier? Isn't that sort of an oxymoron, or a paradox or something?

>>It would be like getting a math problem, then getting a clue (debuff) toward solving the problem. The base level of the math problem has not changed.

Getting the clue is the insight to yourself, which is in effect a buff. Taking complex parts out of the original problem, or replacing it with a less difficult problem would be the equivilant of debuffing.

>>So the clue (debuff) would enhance my learning, not limit it.

As I said in my original post and just now, the clue is the insight that enhances your own ability. It has no negative effect on the problem itself, and is thus not a debuff.

>>Mathematically the end result is exactly the same: you are lessening the challenge.

But, you really can't argue this. There is a difference. Just because the end result is the same doesn't mean the mechanics have to be as well. One(buff) is constructive, and the other(debuff) is destructive. One(debuff) actually lowers the challenge that you would normally face and learn from, where-as the other(buff) raises you up past the challenge that you typically would learn against. This is the same increased learning that you get from going to a tutor, where you're able to more easily conquer the problems with added help.

Another example is if I'm trying to attract a girl. I could either make myself more handsome(buff), or I could inflict the girl with a love spell(debuff) and make her more succeptable to me even though I look the same. Two totally different things, even though the end result in both cases is that I end up with the girl.

__
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 11:09 PM CST
>>More plainly, I don't see why Barbarian dances represent a better training tool than Cleric curses or Mental Blast.

Well, maybe not Mental Blast. Stabbing an opponent who won't be able to fight back for five minutes is very much like kicking a cripple.

Except unconscious and maybe immobilization, I think the different approaches to buffs and debuffs creates a weird disparity in player abilities, with some being very valuable in all situations (PvP and training) and others rewarding you in some situations (PvP) and penalizing you in others (training).

It's not a huge deal but I'd like to work Malediction defense into my training routine without seeing a noticeable drop in the experience I'm gaining per tick.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 11:23 PM CST
>>Another example is if I'm trying to attract a girl. I could either make myself more handsome(buff), or I could inflict the girl with a love spell(debuff) and make her more succeptable to me even though I look the same. Two totally different things, even though the end result in both cases is that I end up with the girl.

I still think this is a bad analogy for the same reasons as the last one.

At this point I'd prefer to avoid analogies because I think it's obvious we aren't going to agree on the reasoning behind them.

I'd rather approach (what I think is) the problem instead. Why would Barbarian dances bonus learning while some magic spells (of almost any guild) and Thief maneuvers penalize learning? Now that (some) debuffs and disablers aren't broken like they used to be I would like to be able to use them as legitimate training tools without being penalized.

If two different abilities increase a 100-rank offense v. defense disparity to a 200-rank disparity they should both interact with experience the same way regardless of the method they used to do such. The experience system is a system of pure numbers and calculations, so I think looking only at the numbers is the best way to evaluate the issue regardless of reasoning.

Frostbite still needs to be nerfed though.
Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 11:48 PM CST
< As I said in my original post and just now, the clue is the insight that enhances your own ability. It has no negative effect on the problem itself, and is thus not a debuff. >

If a NEW person walks into the room and sees the math problem in its current state, that person has not received insight. There was no prior knowledge of the problem, so they were not (buffed). However, the math problem remains (debuffed) for the new person.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/24/2008 11:56 PM CST
I'd rather approach (what I think is) the problem instead. Why would Barbarian dances bonus learning while some magic spells (of almost any guild) and Thief maneuvers penalize learning? Now that (some) debuffs and disablers aren't broken like they used to be I would like to be able to use them as legitimate training tools without being penalized.

If you're arguing this from a playability standpoint, I totally agree and would like to suggest that rather than totally defying logic, the members of those guilds that feel this way should post suggestions for self-enhancing spells/abilities in their guild folders.

If two different abilities increase a 100-rank offense v. defense disparity to a 200-rank disparity they should both interact with experience the same way regardless of the method they used to do such.

I'm not quite sure I understand your logic. With that logic, you could in theory take a desert armadillo and nerf its defenses all the way down to ship rat level and train a 50 skill weapon against it. This is obviously not how debuffs were intended to work.

In contrast, if you have an at-level or slightly less than at-level weapon skill which you can enhance by whatever means necessary in order to get higher successes against an at-level opponent, you will learn better. This makes sense.

__
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 12:03 AM CST
>>If a NEW person walks into the room and sees the math problem in its current state, that person has not received insight. There was no prior knowledge of the problem, so they were not (buffed). However, the math problem remains (debuffed) for the new person.

Ok... let's try this again.

Person A is attempting to solve a problem. Person A is given a clue(buff) to that problem. Person B walks in and does not have access to the clue, and must solve the problem as is. Person A and person B have the same skill level; however, because person A has access to the clue, he solves the problem quicker, and thus learns more effectively because he is able to move on to solve other problems while person B is still working on the original problem.

The teacher takes person B off to the side and removes a complicated portion of the problem(debuff). Person B instantly knows how to solve the problem, and has solved it many times before. Because of this, person B does not learn anything new from solving such an easy problem.

With that, I believe I've said my peace here. Thanks for the nice discussion--it was very pleasing.

__
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 12:15 AM CST
>>I'm not quite sure I understand your logic. With that logic, you could in theory take a desert armadillo and nerf its defenses all the way down to ship rat level and train a 50 skill weapon against it. This is obviously not how debuffs were intended to work.

By way of hyperbole? Yes.

Seeing as how debuffs cap at the same general level as buffs (I assume? I certainly haven't noticed curses taking off hundreds of ranks) I don't see why they would work any differently than buffs though.
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 12:23 AM CST
< With that, I believe I've said my peace here. Thanks for the nice discussion--it was very pleasing. >

I think the difference is that your applying the clue to a person and I am applying it to the math problem.

Nice photobucket evolution, btw.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 03:49 AM CST
<<*... The creature is not easier to fight, and yet I make it easier? Isn't that sort of an oxymoron, or a paradox or something?>>

its the same DR "logic" that makes you learn skinning less the better you can do it.

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 06:51 AM CST
Wow DA, I didn't think you could possibly miss my analogy and come up with one that didn't make sense but you managed to pull it off.

If you can't see what I'm talking about then there ain't much more I can do to make it clearer.

Eroes - as to the fact that a self buff makes you hit harder thus yielding more EXP - while that is all good and well and may seem like a bonus it can be a problem if you're suddenly finding your weapons are no longer moving in your hunting ground however you are unable to defend against the next tier of critters.

It's a blessing and a curse really. If I cap out celpeze on my weapons before I finish them defensively I can't just waltz into armadillos and pick up where I left off. I'm going to get slaughtered pretty quickly.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 07:51 AM CST
>>Wow DA, I didn't think you could possibly miss my analogy and come up with one that didn't make sense but you managed to pull it off.

I know what you meant I just disagree with you. I don't see how stunning (which gives no direct defensive penalty) something is the same as beating a cripple.

>>Eroes - as to the fact that a self buff makes you hit harder thus yielding more EXP - while that is all good and well and may seem like a bonus it can be a problem if you're suddenly finding your weapons are no longer moving in your hunting ground however you are unable to defend against the next tier of critters.

??

What does using a weapon buff have to do with reaching a critter's hard cap?

>>It's a blessing and a curse really. If I cap out celpeze on my weapons before I finish them defensively I can't just waltz into armadillos and pick up where I left off. I'm going to get slaughtered pretty quickly.

Every guild has to do this. It's an even bigger pain in the arse for mages than it is for Barbarians, which is why I love playing Barbs or Rangers.
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 08:12 AM CST
< Eroes - as to the fact that a self buff makes you hit harder thus yielding more EXP - while that is all good and well and may seem like a bonus it can be a problem if you're suddenly finding your weapons are no longer moving in your hunting ground however you are unable to defend against the next tier of critters. >

Honestly, the problem I am having is related to back training some of my weapons, so I have never experienced this. I can use clout to learn brawling, but each attack with the "back trained" weapon after clout is getting a penalty and I really don't want to have to stand around and wait for the critter to wake back up before killing it.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 08:39 AM CST
>>I know what you meant I just disagree with you. I don't see how stunning (which gives no direct defensive penalty) something is the same as beating a cripple.

Wow. You can't really be this obtuse can you? If I mental blast an opponent into unconsciousness or if I roar and immobilize my opponent or if I club them over the back of the head so that they are seeing stars and can't focus or fight OR MOVE then I'm not really getting much out of the next few blows I throw.

I'm failing to see how you can't draw the parallel between duct taping your opponent and immobilizing them with a roar. YOU ARE BEATING UP ON SOMEONE THAT CAN NOT FIGHT BACK.

Can they defend themselves? Sure because this is fantasy land and for some reason while I'm unconscious I have the ability to use a shield albeit gimped. This was done so folks can't one shot people 60 circles above them by using broken debuff status like those given by mental blast roar wail.

This really isn't a complicated analogy and it's right on the money. You shouldn*'*t get full experience for blows that are landed AFTER you drop unconscious*/*stun*/*immobilize a creature.

I'd also like to point out that debuffing DOES help you learn - just not weapons. If I can't dance with 4 orc raiders safely and I need to tingle them or roar them off balance or trash their nerves so they twitch than I am gaining something training wise from debuffing.
-Galren Moonskin

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 08:57 AM CST
Unless you're really excited about buffs penalizing your ability to learn this is probably not the best line of argument to pursue.

Both buffs and debuffs are valuable tools, even despite the knack of some debuffs for making the opponent 'teach less'.

-Z
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:05 AM CST
>>Wow. You can't really be this obtuse can you? If I mental blast an opponent into unconsciousness or if I roar and immobilize my opponent or if I club them over the back of the head so that they are seeing stars and can't focus or fight OR MOVE then I'm not really getting much out of the next few blows I throw.

Galren, you're not even reading my posts and it's ridiculously obvious.

I just said right there in words in a language you're supposed to understand that immobilization and unconsciousness would be exceptions to my argument because yes they are like punching cripples.

Since you like bold so much I will also point out that you accuse me of being obtuse when you are not even reading the arguments and just blathering at the mouth for the sake* of argument like you always do. Luckily we're already in the conflicts folder =P.

I'm just ribbing you, but seriously address the points.

1) Many debuffs or disablers make your opponent rather helpless in some ways but don't penalize experience in any real manner (e.g., webbing and stunning). There is no consistency or logic to these decisions that I can see.

2) Buffs and debuffs are the same freaking thing in reverse. You may as well tape your opponent down if you're going to make him fight you when you're wearing plate mail and carrying a semi-automatic rifle and you've given him a butter knife and wished him good luck. Some of the Barbarian dances are like that but they reward experience. "But ooo, he can fight back! It's different!"

3) Sorry, there's no challenge when you're being given a 150 rank weapon boost. Your hapless celp opponent honestly has a better chance of surviving when simply webbed but the experience system still rewards you for metric buttloads of experience but penalizes a Moon Mage for using TV, which doesn't even increase the skill disparity as much as Barbarian dances do.
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:06 AM CST
>>Unless you're really excited about buffs penalizing your ability to learn this is probably not the best line of argument to pursue.

I would prefer debuffs to not penalize.

But this would be more consistent :3
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:31 AM CST
< Unless you're really excited about buffs penalizing your ability to learn this is probably not the best line of argument to pursue. >

This reply gives me the impression that you would agree the current system is unfair, so I'll ask.

Debuff vs Buff: Is it fair? Not fair? Or just not worth addressing in the grand scheme of DR right now?

E.

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:39 AM CST
>>I just said right there in words in a language you're supposed to understand that immobilization and unconsciousness would be exceptions to my argument because yes they are like punching cripples.

Dude I caught it and I read your posts. I'm speaking in generalities here - comparing duct taping someone to being stunned doesn't make much sense. Immobilization/webbed? Yeah that fits. I'm contesting that all of the big debuff status should yield less experience.

So what does that leave outside your great big two exceptions? Stuns? Being webbed? Sorry - still not buying it.

>>Buffs and debuffs are the same freaking thing in reverse.

No they are not. I keep pointing this out but oddly enough you're guilty of what you are accusing me of. Not reading. Your analogy of the duct tape vs the me carrying a semi-automatic DOES NOT FIT.

If I hunt you down with a semi-automatic you probably have ZERO chance of winning but I still learn from having to aim and hit a moving target that is trying to defend itself.

Listen to me very carefully.

The difference is in the fact that when you attack something stunned/webbed/immobilized/unconscious/whatever they are not defending with 100% of their ability. Go ahead, read that about 400 times - even say it out loud if you have to.

>>Sorry, there's no challenge when you're being given a 150 rank weapon boost.

The creature is still defending with 100% of its skills. You keep glazing over this fact like it doesn't matter. It does.

-Galren Moonskin

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 10:03 AM CST
okay this is a technical conflict - but the hostility makes up for it.

My thanks.

:oP Ragran
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 10:09 AM CST
>>The difference is in the fact that when you attack something stunned/webbed/immobilized/unconscious/whatever they are not defending with 100% of their ability. Go ahead, read that about 400 times - even say it out loud if you have to.

Why does this make a difference?

If I use World Dragon Dance and give myself +500 to rape-tasm skill and the elder armadillo couldn't hope frizzle my hair on his best day I should still learn well since he's attacking with 'all his skill'?

I just disagree with you and that's all there is to it. I'm not going to get hung up on a technicality like "he's only attacking with 95% of his skill instead of 100%!"

One ability makes the difference between offense and defense a couple hundred ranks. One caps at like 90 ranks. One bonuses experience, one penalizes it. That's just weird. I don't care how you justify it.
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 10:14 AM CST
< :oP Ragran >

I have some questions for you, Sir.

E.

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 10:45 AM CST
>Unless you're really excited about buffs penalizing your ability to learn this is probably not the best line of argument to pursue.

I don't think a tongue-in-cheek threat to nerf is really an appropriate response. I'm a big fan of consistency, and as gonif already pointed out, this makes about as much sense as the skinning model of exp.
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 11:11 AM CST
Funniest conflict ever. Someone pull out another dozen weird analogies.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 11:19 AM CST
>>I just disagree with you and that's all there is to it. I'm not going to get hung up on a technicality like "he's only attacking with 95% of his skill instead of 100%!"

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's fun part.

Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.

Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?

Ron Burgundy: No. No.

Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.

Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

:P

-Galren Moonskin

Tusfaov calmly says, "Excellent. The inner fire burns bright within your chest, Galren. You have achieved a new level of enlightenment."

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 03:03 PM CST
I dont like the nerfs either, becuse i hunt alot with a immobilizing enchante, but i have a good example. Its like boxing, you can wail away at a heavy bag and a speed bag all day long, and you will learn some skills. Punching power, hand speed, breathing control. But put you in the ring with someone who also practices sparring, you are goin to get your ass handed to you.

Robo

The internet? Is that thing still around?

-Homer Simpson
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 03:13 PM CST
< Punching power, hand speed, breathing control. But put you in the ring with someone who also practices sparring, you are goin to get your ass handed to you. >

So, by turning the creature into a punching bag, I should gain less exp, however, I should receive stat increases for Str, Stam and Dex. Sweet! Make it so.

J/K

E.

Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 03:51 PM CST
>>Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.

lol, I love that movie.

+10 points
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 08:28 PM CST
Just about every guild has buff and debuff abilities, or ways to obtain them, so... I don't get what's the big deal here?

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:23 PM CST
For me the deal is partly that certain guilds get more buffs than debuffs while for other guilds the opposite is true. Your guild likely affects your opinion of this.
Prev_page Previous 1