Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 09:25 PM CST
>>Just about every guild has buff and debuff abilities, or ways to obtain them, so... I don't get what's the big deal here?

Barbarians... dances and berserks are buffs. These are primary abilities.

Roars are great. The worthwhile ones disable (Lash or Wail). The debuff ones (Rage, Butchery) tend to be... lacking.

Lowering a creature's agility and reflex a few points won't affect experience in any way noticeable to the player, I would imagine.

Prime: Malkien
Prime: (Necromancer Bob- coming to DR in '08!)
TF: Ganymede
Re: Eroes 02/25/2008 11:03 PM CST
<<Just about every guild has buff and debuff abilities, or ways to obtain them>>

yeah, i suppose a trader can buy a mage...

:-)

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Eroes 02/26/2008 12:29 AM CST
>>yeah, i suppose a trader can buy a mage...

Trader Special Abilities:

1) Buy CJ.

2) Whack Caravan. (Khri Vanish!)

3) Bribe with Coppers.

4) Poison. With their uber mech lore. On their shield.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Eroes 02/26/2008 11:09 AM CST
>>For me the deal is partly that certain guilds get more buffs than debuffs while for other guilds the opposite is true. Your guild likely affects your opinion of this.

Maybe that's just the way the guilds/game is designed? To be honest, Moon Mages have NOTHING to complain about.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Eroes 02/26/2008 11:54 AM CST
we got a barb and a mm fighting in our conflict folders..... shooo! everyone outta the pool!

<loads the pond with piranha>....

<<Because it's a gigantic can of worms. Eldritch, necrotic, squamous worms, writhing in a vile stew of coagulating ichor, crushed from the living gullets of a thousand infant puppies, ululating in wordless terror. - Lorz>>
Re: Eroes 02/26/2008 07:18 PM CST
TKS go!

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Eroes 02/27/2008 05:35 PM CST
I just wanted to come back and remove my used to not even need weapon ranks for your ambushes...

I mistakenly thought slash actually required a modicum of weapon ranks, but it doesn't.

You can slash pretty much anything just fine with under 20 ranks.

I am --- Navak
Re: Eroes 02/28/2008 05:13 PM CST
>You can slash pretty much anything just fine with under 20 ranks.

I keep hearing this but it hasn't been my experience since the changes to slash. I can win the backstab contest and miss or get that stupid 'deflected by armor' message against both creatures and PCs. Do weapon specs factor into it? I've been using a scim.
Re: Eroes 02/28/2008 07:08 PM CST
Well, people with 15 ranks in halberd are slashing raiders just fine.

Perhaps it's just that once you're past a certain amount of backstab, it compensates so much for the weapon ranks that it isn't that important.

I am --- Navak
Re: Eroes 02/28/2008 07:15 PM CST
In my experience, if you can totally dominate the stealth checks, the weapons check is negligible, but if you're going after stuff that actually has perception to catch you, your weapon skills are definitely more important.
Re: Eroes 03/03/2008 05:44 PM CST
>I don't think a tongue-in-cheek threat to nerf is really an appropriate response. I'm a big fan of consistency, and as gonif already pointed out, this makes about as much sense as the skinning model of exp.

That might actually be the reason that skinning is in need of a rewrite.

The spark of truth can be very powerful in the methane filled bowels of ignorance.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page