Re: Names 02/12/2015 07:36 PM CST
<<Goddamit Tev, i should have clicked first. Sorry for the repost.

You should have responded with the two other videos:
East/West College Bowl 2 - Key & Peele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8
Key & Peele - East/West Bowl 3 - Pro Edition - Super Bowl Special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDp-ABzpRX8

I especially love in Pro Edition video they mix in real NFL players with weird names. Then they pick on Aaron Rodgers, I mean A. A. Ron Rod Gers. All our names can be weird to someone.

It follows our discussion.

Nikpack
Re: Names 02/12/2015 09:05 PM CST
>>We love you, too, and you will never be able to leave again because we are going to kidnap you and put you in the back of our van.

Tad creepy..

PS, I'm PvP Open.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Names 02/12/2015 09:37 PM CST

>You should have responded with the two other videos:

-Jack-wel-in! Is Jack-wel-in here? Tim-oh-thy? We gotta Tim-oh-thy? A-A-ron?
Re: Names 02/12/2015 09:41 PM CST
>>Tad creepy

Thanks for my next character's first and last names.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Names 02/12/2015 09:57 PM CST
>choose Tad
I'm sorry but the name Tad is not available.

Apparently I have been trolled. Well played, Naohhi. Well played.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Names 02/12/2015 11:10 PM CST
Tad Creepy
Abit Creepy
Rather/Ruther Creepy
Siriuslee Creepy

Unfortunately.. THOSE names would get rejected for making a phrase out of your first and surnames.
---
NaOH+HI
Re: Names 02/13/2015 01:05 PM CST

NaOH+HI needs a sister....C18H27NO3...a spicy gal to be sure

yeah I'm bored...
Re: Names 02/13/2015 01:10 PM CST
Whatevro, dude.

Re: Names 02/13/2015 02:13 PM CST

>>NaOH+HI needs a sister....C18H27NO3...a spicy gal to be sure

Hey Naohhi I heard your sister was pretty hot.
Re: Names 02/13/2015 03:44 PM CST
I heard she was basic actually.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Names 02/13/2015 04:34 PM CST
As a chemist, I was sad I didn't get Naohhi's name until she flat out explained it to me.

I still cry hot tears of shame. :'(

Nikpack
Re: Names 02/13/2015 04:39 PM CST
>As a chemist, I was sad I didn't get Naohhi's name until she flat out explained it to me.

That only proves just how used to DR naming conventions you are. That you didn't even bat an eye at it or think there might be some hidden (or not so hidden) meaning behind it.

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Names 02/13/2015 05:15 PM CST
I actually sometimes name my testing bodies by other compounds, like Siotwo for SiO2

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Names 02/13/2015 08:08 PM CST
>>I actually sometimes name my testing bodies by other compounds, like Siotwo for SiO2<<

I feel like Siotwo should be carbon dioxide.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Names 02/14/2015 09:24 AM CST
>>I feel like Siotwo should be carbon dioxide.

That'd be Cotwo. (CO2)

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Names 02/15/2015 07:36 AM CST
And if you think some of the names people came up with are bad, you should see the ones the Character Manager's built-in name generator comes up with.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Names 02/15/2015 09:06 AM CST
The character generator needs a caution for its vulgarity/sexual innuendo violations.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Names 07/07/2015 01:35 PM CDT
I went to school with three sisters named Fluff, Kippie, and Presh.

I worked one summer at an insurance company transcribing data and got to the point where I was keeping a list of first and middle names that made me laugh. Some of the ones that will always stick out in my head:

Unathyra
Redarious Danquayle
Sharkethia
Twins named Jamesetta and Charlesetta
A man named Wayne who named his daughter Waynette

Solomon
Re: Names 07/07/2015 02:44 PM CDT

Sagittarius Jefferspin!
Re: Names 07/07/2015 06:11 PM CDT
>>Sharkethia<<

lol this sounds too made up.

Re: Names 07/07/2015 06:41 PM CDT
I actually had a Mr. Deathskull at work once.

I made him go back and spell his last name because I was absolutely positive I must have misheard it but nope.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Names 07/07/2015 07:50 PM CDT

I once had a customer named Damaris.
Re: Names 07/07/2015 08:00 PM CDT
>> I once had a customer named Damaris.

I've heard this bef... wait, I heard it from you. Nevermind.

I had a customer years ago whose name was Boutesang Sangemafone. I might be spelling it wrong; it's been a while. He also told me that it was a truncated version of his actual name, which was too long to fit on a Michigan ID.

I

"I don't know if this is the right folder because the forums are a quagmire of hate and sadness." - Thayet
Re: Names 07/07/2015 08:03 PM CDT
>> I once had a customer named Damaris.

I marathonned Next Food Network Star recently and the winner in season 9 was actually a woman named Damaris.

I giggled.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Names 07/07/2015 08:47 PM CDT
A shaman in my WoW guild was named "Huflungpu" and eventually got tired of being made fun of so he did a paid name change to "Deathshock" and was genuinely surprised when we all informed him that it was not an improvement.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Names 07/07/2015 10:57 PM CDT

My grandmothers maiden name was Stains.

She had a brother by the name of Jock.

I never paid it any attention until someone in a class 30 odd years ago told be of a list of funny names in our phone book.
Re: Names 07/08/2015 08:11 PM CDT

There was a kindergarten teacher in my hometown named Fanny Gaswynd.

AIM: the_sly_fox

"And that's about as likely as zombie George Washington coming back from the dead to save us from the 2016 political season." -Raesh
Re: Names 10/22/2015 12:35 PM CDT
Can't we at least agree the names Meatballs, Spaghetti, Ostrich and the like are just flat out taking the piss out of DR?
Re: Names 10/22/2015 12:56 PM CDT
We can, but they're unfortunately not against the ToS in any way and so remain.

Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Names 10/22/2015 01:36 PM CDT

"...are just flat out taking the piss out of DR?"

I don't know what this means in this context =/
Re: Names 10/22/2015 01:51 PM CDT
It means to make a mockery of.

Re: Names 10/22/2015 03:58 PM CDT
Hello, player of Meatballs here.

My character's name is a nickname, not intended to be a real name. Welcome to roleplaying games.
Re: Names 10/22/2015 05:02 PM CDT

Your name is annoying still. You should get bonded to Spagetti because that's just delicious.

That said, it's not that much more annoying than names like 'Mhyrrr'ghsh'chshhhh'
Re: Names 10/22/2015 05:22 PM CDT
I have no idea how people can keep having cares about this sort of thing.

I do kind of want to find and use Devour on Spaghetti and Meatballs now.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Names 10/22/2015 05:37 PM CDT
I like all the names :)

Re: Names 10/22/2015 06:17 PM CDT
Not weighing in on these particular names, but I thought nouns weren't allowed as viable names, probably more for parser issues than anything else.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Names 10/22/2015 10:00 PM CDT
>Not weighing in on these particular names, but I thought nouns weren't allowed as viable names, probably more for parser issues than anything else.

We try to catch ones that will mess with game enjoyment. Quiver(words), River(words). Stuff that will make getting things from your QUIVER hard, going into the RIVER hard, and so on.

Even those aren't generally BAD (generally, as always some are) and sometimes we just give a "Hey yo, heads up you are going to have some PROOOOOOBLEMS later..."

No one's really going to have much of a game play experience problem with stuff like Meatballs. It's just silly. And as we all know, silly (within reason, taste etc) is not against policy.

Caveats abound, Zoidberg.

~Evike
Re: Names 10/22/2015 10:06 PM CDT
I remember being intensely annoyed when Baldric was still playing and I could not interact with my weapon baldric when he was in the room. :V

Plus RIP all the "My*" people.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Names 10/22/2015 10:09 PM CDT
>Plus RIP all the "My*" people.

I try to catch them when I can.

I'm sorry you guys get touched and rubbed and stuff... sort of.

~Evike
Re: Names 10/22/2015 10:39 PM CDT
My first character ever was a war Mage named Talisum. I did not know why that was a bad idea. :(

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.