Prev_page Previous 1
Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:26 AM CST
Why oh why must people giggle and grin over the gweth? Maybe I am just crabby. Maybe I should go to sleep.

08:03:48 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "gonna ooc; get another sinus tablet kk"
08:06:18 [Wyspe]: "{faintly}" "explains da pile up a guards peekin through da forge windachuckle"
08:06:21 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "that dont means nothing she sent her fam ta tic um off, grins then ducks "
09:06:19 [Saoidh]: "{faintly}" "You out there Miir?"
09:09:24 [Saoidh]: "{faintly}" "Scream!"
09:09:56 [Airanie]: "{faintly}" "you alright there Sao or are you starting to loose it?"
09:09:56 [Eoworfinia]: "{faintly}" "hey hey! stop screaming in my head! there's enough noise in it already with the voices and all"
09:10:04 [Ssarhhtha]: "I would scream, but it might scare the fish away."
09:10:36 [Saoidh]: "{faintly}" "Paw threatned to fit me up with her niece so I was running away"
09:11:21 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "who me grins nah, just said i tell her ya on the market, she is a trader after all, wonderin what i could get fer a barb, giggles"
09:13:08 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "heya sis, i can see it now (Cabana Boy Saoidh enters the room)"

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

La vengeance est un plat qui se mange froid ...
Proud supporter of the Southern Tenant Farmer's Union

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:47 AM CST
I know you just returned so you don't know. People complained about this for a long time. GMs, specifically Solomon I think, came out and said there is nothing wrong with this. Apparently it is an acceptable use for the gweth even though it says "You mind hears soandso thinking...". Anyway, there you go.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:54 AM CST
>>08:03:48 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "gonna ooc; get another sinus tablet kk"

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:55 AM CST
Ugh. Today is a sad day. I guess I should get used to my mind hearing giggles hugs smoochy woochies.

>I know you just returned so you don't know. People complained about this for a long time. GMs, specifically Solomon I think, came out and said there is nothing wrong with this. Apparently it is an acceptable use for the gweth even though it says "You mind hears soandso thinking...". Anyway, there you go.

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:42 AM CST
Just get out of Ratha. It's not nearly as bad elsewhere. What else can you expect from cat people who give birth in bank lobbies?

~Dulcinia

Kadru exclaims, "Nimmi has crazy eyes!"

Haha. Dulci thinks men can reach maturity... --Rayje

I dunno just seems like every woman just hisses when your name is mentioned... --Anonymous
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:48 AM CST
>Ugh. Today is a sad day. I guess I should get used to my mind hearing giggles hugs smoochy woochies.

I just hide the thoughts window behind my main screen for when I need it.

~Purehand
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 09:17 AM CST
>08:03:48 [Pawgetz]: "{faintly}" "gonna ooc; get another sinus tablet kk"

Honestly, this seems worse than the giggling, but maybe its just me.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 09:20 AM CST
Or you could just relax and choose not to be bothered by it.

-/\/\
Moon mage Daellid
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 10:15 AM CST
>>Honestly, this seems worse than the giggling, but maybe its just me.

It's not just you. If I hear that kinda gweth I locate the person and just thump them until they get the message.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 10:17 AM CST
<<I just hide the thoughts window behind my main screen for when I need it.

As much as I hate that I have to do it, this is what I do too.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 10:50 AM CST
>>It's not just you. If I hear that kinda gweth I locate the person and just thump them until they get the message.

Using the original purpose of THUMP? How dare you!

Jesting aside, I'd wager the thumper would get a warning for harassment before the OOC idiot would get a warning for anything. Not that it would stop me if they went to Ilithi and tried that nonsense.

- Xelten
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 10:59 AM CST
The laughing and giggling stuff doesn't really bother me. My rule of thumb is if it is something one could do over the phone, it's probably something one could do on the gweths. That certainly includes laughing and the like. It's the ":::tackles you and smooches you all over!::: kind of crap that gets on my nerves.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 11:09 AM CST
>>The laughing and giggling stuff doesn't really bother me. My rule of thumb is if it is something one could do over the phone, it's probably something one could do on the gweths. That certainly includes laughing and the like. It's the ":::tackles you and smooches you all over!::: kind of crap that gets on my nerves.

Agreed

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 11:21 AM CST
A general question: Should there be a way to thump someone on the gweth if you have significantly more concentration than them? Would the abuses outweigh the benefit?

~Purehand
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 11:33 AM CST
>Should there be a way to thump someone on the gweth if you have significantly more concentration than them? Would the abuses outweigh the benefit?

It's too bad any decent sized Large Blunt won't double as a gwethsmasher. Although it is harder to think with ones face turned inside out from said Large Blunt.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 11:44 AM CST
>>It's too bad any decent sized Large Blunt won't double as a gwethsmasher. Although it is harder to think with ones face turned inside out from said Large Blunt.

You know this is a great idea, probably a coding nightmare but make any blow to the head have a possibility of breaking gweths

Strangeguard

http://www.vurtego.com/
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 12:08 PM CST
>>Just get out of Ratha. It's not nearly as bad elsewhere.

I wish this were true.

V,etal
___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 12:11 PM CST
There's a minumum of this around Boar Clan...

Player of Silvanne, Maiamo Heruaminen Khandrishen

A protagonist must have an antagonist. Otherwise he's just a guy playing with himself.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 12:51 PM CST
If you don't like to listen to it, why not take the gweth off. SImple solution. We all know that OOC is allowed in the game. Might as well, just turn the gweth off, and keep moving.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 12:52 PM CST
Actually if I remember right, being bluntly OOC in a public place (or medium, in this case) where others are and can hear you is against policy.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 01:39 PM CST
LOL, I LOVE IT

I was told to kill Pawgetz and all of Ratha one time. That's not going to solve anything in a game like this where there are favors. So I'm all like: "How do you kill that which has no life?" (Southpark episode 8, Season 10)

Answer: By making them cry over the gweth.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 04:53 PM CST
>>A general question: Should there be a way to thump someone on the gweth if you have significantly more concentration than them? Would the abuses outweigh the benefit?

Would you be willing to do paperwork on it? And, perhaps, in doing so if the GMs researched the incident and found you to be giving inaccurate information they'd lock you off the gweth (assuming they don't go straight to warning/lockout/termination)?

If you are at all thinking of a THUMP equivalent that doesn't require a reason to use, I'm fairly sure the abuses would be a bit too high for the GMs' liking since concurrent uses of the two versions could literally lock people out of all communication (well, outside of the report verb and I really don't think they want to listen to a bunch of irate players whining on the backchannel).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 04:58 PM CST
To those who say take off gweths or ignore them...

The greater part of the population shouldn't have to suffer for the idiocy of a small part. Pass out the gwethsmashers forthwith.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 05:00 PM CST
>>You know this is a great idea, probably a coding nightmare but make any blow to the head have a possibility of breaking gweths

And any blow to the abdomen have a possibility of smashing things in pouches hanging off your belt into uselessness (ie, herbs and potions, glass containers full of liquids (including booze), perhaps lockpicks, etc). Similar blows to your back would affect things inside containers on your back and possibly your shoulders, and ditto for pocketed items worn on the limbs. Just "worn" items possibly immune or suffering a universal chance of breakage regardless of what body part got hit. Containers of any kind could also risk general breakage, spilling out all its contents to the ground (or into the containing container).

Sounds like a fix to a lot more than just gweths (ie, fluff, lag, burden, etc).

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 05:11 PM CST
<<The greater part of the population shouldn't have to suffer for the idiocy of a small part. Pass out the gwethsmashers forthwith.>>

A small portion of the population can be ignored why worry about it? Ohh that is right, might makes right? Or is it, because someone disagrees with your assesment they are wrong? Ohh yeah, OOC is not allowed and I will jump up and down and take my ball home because the GM's won't stop them from thinking things like " =) " it does not affect your game play, then ignore it. Stop acting like a whiney two year old, and start squelching the names. We don't need more GM regulation, we need less.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 05:53 PM CST
I don't think more gwethsmashers are the answer to the problem you're looking at.

Gwethsmashers are over-rated. They do have a skill check (concentration vs. concentration) to determine whether you can smash said person's gweth. They can only be used once per 24 hours. They cannot be used by Barbarians. Gwethsmashers are more used for resale or as a status item. What you are asking for in this particular problem is like throwing a rock at a tank, Maulem.

If people see things that are OOC on the gweth (like LOL, OMW, OMG, BRT, or OOC: I need to get my tylenol, kthx, etc.), than REPORT it and that's it. If people see stupid things on the gweth like GIGGULZ *LAFF LAFF LAFF* or any other stupid emote on that channel, than either insult them or ignore it. Personally, I love insulting them and it fits my character's motif.

It should be REALLY difficult to go out of character in this game. But, it can be done as is evident by some characters who use the game like an AOL chatroom.

- Simon

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/geek+gaming/-/pv_design_details/pg_14/id_14016668/opt_/fpt_/c_360/
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 06:17 PM CST
I guess it comes down to is it possible to laugh over the gweth(Via gweth magic theory and IC regulations governing the use of gweths). If it is, then it's both stupid and out of character to to make fun of somone for doing so. Unless your character always makes fun of people for laughing. So if the phone theory for the gweth is accurate, anything you can do on the phone you can do on the gweth, objecting to it would be an odd character quirk at best and blatantly OOC at worst.

If it's not, where the thought has to be carefully constructed and then broadcast, where somthing as spontanious as a laugh just wouldn't be possible, then it's OOC and needs to stop. However, discussing somone laughing on the gweth is then taking an OOC action and trying to roleplay with it by complaining about it. Which is dumb. OOC actions should be ignored or thumped (I hate reporting, but that too is an option) not roleplayed with. The sooner everyone moves on from an OOC action, the sooner it's no longer disruptive.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 06:32 PM CST
>>I guess it comes down to is it possible to laugh over the gweth

At bare minimum, the gweth is sound. If you can hear words, then you can hear a laugh or other non-phonetic emanation.

It's important to note, however, that the gweth is not an audible medium, nor is it one based on or limited to just vision, smell, touch, or emotion. It is pure thought, which means you can basically do anything you want as long as it's not leetspeak, smiley face, or blatant OOC content. The gweth allows you to translate that raw feed into something your own mind and sensabilities can deal with. Thus, while it's very possible to send a laugh through the gweth your character could very well and very honestly not be hearing it simply because they've learned to filter it out (or not learned how to translate it).

People fall into the "gweth is sound" trap mostly because of the text medium we use for gaming. It's simply not all that workable to send off a complex imagery of what you want to send without seeming to be extremely slow on the uptake.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 06:55 PM CST
Is there any IG or GM literature that explains exacly how a gweth functions? There are audotory implications in the messaging of the gweth that lead me to belive that visual images and such wouldn't nessicarly be possible, though thats just my interperation.

-Serc

"Moon Mages have already been given some of the most ridiculously powerful magic in the game, third only to Warrior Mages and Barbarians" -Armifer
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:25 PM CST
There was a discussion in another folder regarding how gweths function. It was thought but the emotional aspects were seriously depleted if I remember correctly. I don't remember the whole train of thoughts though.

Calissa's player
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 07:50 PM CST
The disturbing part is that my moonie is actually on Aesry. Maybe that K gweth was a bad idea ...

>Just get out of Ratha. It's not nearly as bad elsewhere. What else can you expect from cat people who give birth in bank lobbies?

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:13 PM CST
I usually do that too, but sometimes the gweth window is like a train wreck. You just can't stop looking.

>I just hide the thoughts window behind my main screen for when I need it.

I wouldn't say that I'm bothered by it. Disturbed is more the word. *giggles and runs and ducks and smooches everyone in their thoughts* hee hee! omg!!!111

I've played quite a few games such as DAoC, EQ, EVE, AC, AO, Ryzom, FFXI, etc. If I could be driven over the edge, it would have happened a very long time ago. If that isn't enough proof, I can also tell you that I put up with evil meaniehead people like Drevid. *gives you all a big hug while giggling and painting her nails*

>Or you could just relax and choose not to be bothered by it.

Why take the gweth off, when the window can just be hidden or gagged without wasting a charge? Anyway, I wasn't quite asking for advice on how not to see things over the gweth. I can just as easily squelch thoughts from specific people.

I'm well aware of gweth avoidance techniques. I just wanted to complain anyway. I am a woman. I can do that whenever I feel like it. Thank you for reading.

>If you don't like to listen to it, why not take the gweth off. SImple solution. We all know that OOC is allowed in the game. Might as well, just turn the gweth off, and keep moving.

Where's my smasher? (Of course, I am making the assumption that I am not part of the idiot population ...)

>To those who say take off gweths or ignore them...

>The greater part of the population shouldn't have to suffer for the idiocy of a small part. Pass out the gwethsmashers forthwith.

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:21 PM CST
<<If I could be driven over the edge, it would have happened a very long time ago.>>

The crazy ones are the last to know=)

Calissa's player
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:37 PM CST
Drevid is a meaniehead <GIGGULZ>

- Simon

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/11/2006 08:45 PM CST
Yeah ... tell me about it! Poor fools don't even have a clue. Eh ... hang on a second there. What are you saying?

>The crazy ones are the last to know=)

~ Mehathi Malk'Irhhnth

Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/12/2006 07:12 AM CST
Did someone actually RP a birth in a bank lobby?

If so...awwwesome!

why do i miss these things??

:oP Ragran
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/12/2006 07:18 AM CST
If you don't like to listen to it, why not take the gweth off.

dumb suggestion.

the gweth is part of the quasi-medieval environment we play in. Players should treat it as an RP tool. If they don't i should be able to eat their babies.

The greater part of the population shouldn't have to suffer for the idiocy of a small part. Pass out the gwethsmashers forthwith.

I think that people who have managed to get themselves into the PIRP system should receive gweth smashers. It demonstrates responsible and consistent RPing at least.

After someone's gweth is smashed, they report, its lightening fast to read what they were typing on the gweth. No paper work, no searching for time stamped logs. Grease-lightening...

If a GM tips their eyes towards the gweth conversation which resulted in a smashed gweth and doesn't see gronds, the PIRP player loses their gweth smashing abiity for life. Should be a tentatively bestowed priviledge.

And if GMs are designing the game so that they never get reports, the game is gonna just plain suck.

:oP Ragran
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/12/2006 07:47 AM CST
>>Did someone actually RP a birth in a bank lobby?

Not only did they RP a birth in a bank lobby, they rp'd giving birth to twins, one coming out of hiding after it was born and being taught evasion instantly (because ALL newborns need evasion) and the other being a "still-born" prydaen baby DOLL.

~Arwinia

Your mind hears Netherlich thinking "Actually i was asking to buy....movin up to 50Pk for Limb Disruption and 40 for Blackfire."
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/12/2006 08:18 AM CST
>Not only did they RP a birth in a bank lobby, they rp'd giving birth to twins, one coming out of hiding after it was born and being taught evasion instantly (because ALL newborns need evasion)

This is a direct result of the Ratha 1st bank population of noobs; without proper knowledge, skill, or apparent willing execution of the thump command. That crap would have never made it 2 minutes on the green.

>and the other being a "still-born" prydaen baby DOLL.

How tragic.
Re: Ratha's water supply possibly contaminated 12/12/2006 08:54 AM CST
Too bad the mother wasn't stillborn, eh?

>>I think that people who have managed to get themselves into the PIRP system should receive gweth smashers.

Make it so.

- Xelten
Prev_page Previous 1