Prev_page Previous 1
Lack of RP. 04/14/2006 02:53 PM CDT
This is something I've seriously been getting sick of lately. Granted, Prime isn't Plat, but it's still a roleplaying game, and you're supposed to either remain IC, or if you're gonna be an OOC tard, do it away from people.

I'm also sick of all of these half-assed RPers who only remain IC when it's convenient or some how benefits them.

The game definitely isn't what it used to be, that's for sure.

Anyone else run into this kind of crap, or do I just have horribly bad luck?

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Lack of RP. 04/14/2006 04:02 PM CDT
>>Anyone else run into this kind of crap, or do I just have horribly bad luck?

Very, very rarely, and almost exclusively in places where just about everyone else claims it never happens. It's vastly more common for me not to get any reaction at all, so in my experience I'd have to say Prime = crowded Plat where everyone doesn't feel the need to beat their "look at me!!" drums.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Lack of RP. 04/14/2006 05:39 PM CDT
Plat has far to much goofy fluffy wierd crap in my opinion and you have the same sort of look at me's as well as the I only role-play when (insert reason here) sorts to.

:shrugs:

Jim

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Lack of RP. 04/14/2006 05:52 PM CDT
I don't often run into that kind of thing, and when I do I ignore it. If it keeps up, I tend to ignore the person as well. I RP with those that actually RP consistantly. I'm not a snob about it, I'll give everyone tons of chances and let them know that OOC behavior and speech bothers me. But ultimately, those around me that do RP constantly will get my attention moreso than anyone else. I'm also lucky that in Theren there is a large core of consistant RPers.

Drex
_______
Gyfford says, "Maulem your wife is giving me a headache."
Maulem says, "Well, at least I'm not th' only one she does that to then."
[Lystid] "do you know the two most important words a married man knows?"
[Maulem] "Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?"
Re: Lack of RP. 04/15/2006 05:33 AM CDT
What I love about my character, my ONLY character, is that he is an extension of my personality in many ways. He's multi faceted and this allows me an easy and fun, but still enjoyable time playing him, from a roleplaying perspective. Much easier to stay in character this way, yet I still feel like he's a deeply layered human.

That all being said, I do notice lack of RP sometimes, even from my friends. I try not to say anything about it, and just ignore. Immersion within the game rests on you as the player, just as much as the enviroment around you. If you are focused on remaining immersed, you can achieve it even around some people who aren't in character at all.

Troubadour Raziaar
Re: Lack of RP. 04/16/2006 12:15 PM CDT
You mean like this on the gweth today -

Your mind hears ** thinking, "if you've ever held 50 gold coins (in the real world) you'd know that 10 pounds for 100 of them is not out of question. probably weighs more than 10 pounds. but, like I said, it is out of whack as the stone count gets higher. my harley leathers only weigh about 30 pounds."

Yes, I took out the name, cos I am not picking on any one person, just the whole concept.
Re: Lack of RP. 04/16/2006 01:32 PM CDT
<<Your mind hears ** thinking, "if you've ever held 50 gold coins (in the real world) you'd know that 10 pounds for 100 of them is not out of question. probably weighs more than 10 pounds. but, like I said, it is out of whack as the stone count gets higher. my harley leathers only weigh about 30 pounds."

Idiots aren't just found under rocks.

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Lack of RP. 04/16/2006 03:54 PM CDT
<<Idiots aren't just found under rocks.>>

They're also on the gweths.

And boards.

And everywhere else.

- Simon

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Frontpage.html
Re: Lack of RP. 04/16/2006 11:15 PM CDT
Just goes to reinforce George Carlin's famous line, paraphrased below.

>Just think about how much of an idiot the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even more of an idiot.

Amagaim; the player of,

Don't write it if you can say it.
Don't say it if you can whisper it.
Don't whisper it if you can imply it.
Don't imply it if you can nudge it.
Don't nudge it if you can wink it.
Don't wink it if you can help it.
Re: Lack of RP. 04/17/2006 06:47 PM CDT
>Anyone else run into this kind of crap, or do I just have horribly bad luck?

No, it's happening just about everywhere now. When there's no real consequences for being OOC then it just runs rampant. I don't really view DR as a roleplaying game anymore because of this.

Relayer

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Veegeslas.
It lands a demolishing hit against his chest!
As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: Lack of RP. 04/17/2006 07:50 PM CDT
If plat was cheaper, I'd so be there.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Lack of RP. 04/18/2006 08:48 AM CDT
Please do. I came to you one time to do a shift, and whispered that an unnamed source had told me you were illiciting that sort of service. Then you proceeded to chew me out because you posted it on an e-mail list and I was bringing an OOC request into the game. I'm not exactly sure what you were expecting. I guess you wanted another character shifted and not Shad (which you signed the e-mail as). I was IC the entire time until you continued your OOC tirade.

The RP crazies drive me just as nuts as the OOC twits. Both seem to have poor judgement when it comes to the lines of RL and RP. I think there is a comfortable medium in there somewhere.

~Purehand
Re: Lack of RP. 04/18/2006 05:39 PM CDT
I don't remember ever dealing with Purehand on any of my characters, but whatever.

And if I recall right, my signature is set as PLAYER OF SHADEAU, or something similar to that. Probably the same as what I sign my forum posts.

And if that was the case, it was ME THE PLAYER looking for the service for one of my characters, which would have been arranged to be done in an RP-fashion. To come to my character IG for a forum/yahoo group/whatever post IS OOC.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/18/2006 08:05 PM CDT
This is not the Conflicts Folder, knock it off.

Annwyl
Senior Board Monitor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing Senior Board Monitor DR-Annwyl@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@play.net.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/19/2006 09:32 PM CDT
I RP consistenly (insert smug, self-agrandizing facial exprfession) and I've actually got the PIRP Bestow ability. I'm mentioning it cuz when i got it I was all wacky excited about finding someone that RPs and give'n 'em a point! "Woohoo! War is ya?! Come out n RP with meh!!!" was what i was thinking.

I have found 1 or 2 people to give points to in the past few months. I find myself given out points to people that simply don't go OOC when I steal from them. Its pretty sad.

I wonder if people are either embarassed to RP or like don't get the whole concept?

:oP Ragran
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/19/2006 11:41 PM CDT
Seems to be more of not getting the concept from my experience.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 08:42 AM CDT
> I wonder if people are either embarassed to RP or like don't get the whole concept?

[NOTE: This ended up being a bit long...and I can't tell if it is tangential in nature, but I spent a bit of time writing it, so I posted as is.]

I've said this so many times re: RP in game. My idea of roleplaying is to have fun, to be silly, and to just enjoy the gaming environment. If I'm alone with friends, and we have a history of talking out of character, as in "Darn I need "X skill" to rank before I go!", and no one else is around, I will say it. If other people are around, I tend to take my conversation into whispers. I really enjoyed specific aspects of RPing the war, from slapping Raenilar to being a part of a group protecting a province. [sarcasm] The fact that I was able to do so much during it, from dying on the front lines to dying in triage to dying in a hot oily dewm, I enjoyed being able to contribute to the RP aspect by my various means of dying [/sarcasm]. Seriously, I enjoyed being a part of an RP group for various aspects, yet a lot of it drove me crazy. I feel there's either the extreme RP group who plans time slots for events like "training," guard detail and whatnot, and you have to be present and you have to take part or you'll lose your membership...and on the flip side there are the extreme non-RPers who think they are RPing when they say "lol!", "Dude, you suxxor!", "Hahaha I rawked you!" or "Leet!" That said, my empath runs around saying "Rawr!" whenever she's bored...so you know...it's a give and take.

As for the RP groups currently in existence, I find it very difficult to either penetrate their uber-clique group set up, or I find their idea of RP to be something I don't want to prescribe to. And I'm sorry, but I am not going to pay for a game where my character is expected to stand post for hours on end...so I run around and do my own thing, help out during an invasion as best I can, but generally hunt alone and stick to my friends. Do I RP 24/7, most likely not. Does Raudhan typically act as Raudhan would, and do my other characters take on their own personalities, yep they do. When I'm incredibly bored, I even RP with my own characters at times, so most people are shocked should I tell them who I operate. You can ask my acquaintances in game...they should say the same.

To say RP is dead in DR is a bit off, I'd be more inclined to say it is suffering. Due to the number of afk scripters in prime, I'm amazed that there isn't a GM specifically looking at afk scripting. If I wanted to, I could create a script that appeared as if I were atk, yet actually be afk (I did play TF for over a year after all, I should have picked up some tricks! :-P), but I don't do this afk scripting because I play prime for the IC aspect. In character, I've been finding a lot of things that are not "RP". And I'm talking about people scripting in la'tamis who assess combat so much I nearly get a screen of someone assessing (btw - not a good way to script afk!), to established characters in the common gathering spots "ghost" scripting away without question...

On a complete aside, anyone have any other way to refer to AIM on an in character basis? The idea of pidgeons, etc. is ridiculous. And I really hate sitting in a room with someone only to have them say "Ack! I was just attacked by pidgeons!" when in realty s/he was folding origami paper over and over again.

Renegade Empath Raudhan just arrived.

Souv says, "Annael should have been commended for her knifing empaths"

A white-eyed snow goblin reaches Raudhan's severed arm over one shoulder and uses the limb's dead fingers to scratch its back.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 09:36 AM CDT
>On a complete aside, anyone have any other way to refer to AIM on an in character basis? The idea of pidgeons, etc. is ridiculous. And I really hate sitting in a room with someone only to have them say "Ack! I was just attacked by pidgeons!" when in realty s/he was folding origami paper over and over again.

There is no truly IC way to refer to instant messages in-game. Thats like trying to find an IC way to talk about the football game that you're watching on TV. It just -isn't- IC. If that person is sitting in the room with you, there's no reason they can't send you an OOC whisper instead. A pigeon did not send you a message, an "otherworldly messenger" did not come find you, an IMsect did not go buzzing by your ear... just NO.

I hate to derail this into the whole AIM being OOC conversation again because its absolutely been talked to death, but its such a pet peeve of mine. If you're near enough to someone in-game that you can gweth to them ("Send me a pigeon at DRdood lol"), you're near enough to walk to wherever they are and whisper your screen name to them OOCly instead. There's no reason why you should ever need to find a way to talk about AIM in-character or outloud.

Don't mean to sound as though I'm ranting at you personally, Raudhan. I was just using your post as a springboard for my tirade :)

http://www.clawandfang.com
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 03:17 PM CDT
>>As for the RP groups currently in existence, I find it very difficult to either penetrate their uber-clique group set up, or I find their idea of RP to be something I don't want to prescribe to.

I just want to reply to this particular piece with a suggestion since it seems to be a recurring theme in various folders now and again. I can see how the idea came into being because without a firm understanding of what roleplay really is, it's hard to get into these crowds (This isn't a jab at you at all, Raudhan, just saying in general).

I've found that the RP groups in DR prime are really not that very tightly knit and that it actually doesn't take very much effort to slide into them - but you have to know what you're doing. I've taken a number of characters and slipped them straight into major RP situations (and enjoy doing so - it can get tiring sometimes playing the same role). You just have to have a real part in what's going on. You need a fleshed out character with real desires and interests that relate to what's going on. If you stay true to your character and need something from Baron Gyfford and go up in his court and ask for it, you'll get a response and you'll be neck deep in all the intrigue of Therengia and the other 'players' will take you into account (and interact with you).

If any of you out there feel like you're left out of the RP that's going on, but have a very solid understanding of your fleshed out character and want to be a part of it... and just don't know where to start, feel free to shoot me an email at my play.net addy. Roleplay is what makes the rest of the game worth playing.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 04:22 PM CDT
>>I wonder if people are either embarassed to RP or like don't get the whole concept?

In my case, it's just easier to avoid doing so in at least a low-key way because invariably it happens either when I'm going to bed, when I have to go AFK, or I have something better/that I want to do (ie, a meeting or event to attend, a new script to write, or even just a good push to the next circle). No sense in getting someone's hopes up just to dash them midway through, that just leads to allegations of OOCness and RP ignorance.

'Tis why I usually also never go to events like guild meetings, estate holder meetings, or mechants/fests.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 04:23 PM CDT
PS: I'm not here to give you a good time. If it happens that you have fun with me, that's just coincidence.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/20/2006 09:15 PM CDT
Theren is full of RP. Quite often I have to make an excuse to walk away when im not in the mood to RP alot, cause I run into it so much. Most of the time it's the same sorta stuff, but there are occasional 'new' ideas and things brought up. I'd go there if I were you.

I wouldn't recommend Crossing at all unless a GM is leading something(or if you enjoy soap operas). That's the only time it ever really picks up. Crossing is pretty much just one giant sex joke.

M'riss has a pretty sweet community. Really tight knit community and everyone is really friendly. I hear people talking aboutt the history of the island and stuff alot there, and as of late government stuff. Pretty good RP chances there that aren't military based(like most of therengia's stuff).

I hate Ratha :( (sorry)

I never go to Aesry. No comment on that one.

I never go to Shard either.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/21/2006 01:14 PM CDT
<<In my case, it's just easier to avoid doing so in at least a low-key way because invariably it happens either when I'm going to bed, when I have to go AFK, or I have something better/that I want to do (ie, a meeting or event to attend, a new script to write, or even just a good push to the next circle).>>

Ahh...i make a distinction between roleplay as an activity in and of itself and roleplaying a storyline. I think there is a difference between participating in a storyline which has a plot and doing what I do, flesh out a character, in my case Ragran, give him/her a particular style, set of proclivities and attitudes, develop a particular relationship with the larger player base (their characters) as a whole, and STAY in that character.

My complaint isnt that i think everyone should be fighting outcasts, my complaint is that it feels like players play themselves, except they can CL each other. Someone called it character shifting, as opposed to what i would prefer, roleplaying.

:oP Ragran
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 06:01 PM CDT
>>On a complete aside, anyone have any other way to refer to AIM on an in character basis? The idea of pidgeons, etc. is ridiculous. And I really hate sitting in a room with someone only to have them say "Ack! I was just attacked by pidgeons!" when in realty s/he was folding origami paper over and over again.

Well, since nerds just love quoting Monty Python... tie a message to an arrow, then shoot said person in the chest and say, "Message for you, sir!" Its in game and in character and if you kill the person its even funnier. For more nerd humor* quote the Princess Bride and say, "He/She is only mostly dead."

Recall Immoral
After a long night of partying, an almost intangible thought reminds you that the name of the woman laying next to you begins with an "S" before you sneak out her window with her purse.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 06:13 PM CDT
We have J gweths and K gweths, why not A gweths or I gweths (A for AIM, I for Instant Message). Or simply say "a ring". If someone assumes you meant albredine, well, that's their fault right?

Or you could simply carry around something common like "a rock" and every time you do something on AIM give it a tap or ACT or something.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 09:30 PM CDT
How about just getting albredine rings and leaving AIM references totally off the gweths? And while we're at it, how about auto-deaths for anyone who elicits 3 or more emotes via gweth in a 2 minute period.

Gladiator Maulem~
[Lystid] Do you know the two most important words a married man knows?
>think Itwasn'tme, IsweartoKuniyo?

Come join the werewolf legions!
http://s1.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=12199
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 10:06 PM CDT
>How about just getting albredine rings and leaving AIM references totally off the gweths? And while we're at it, how about auto-deaths for anyone who elicits 3 or more emotes via gweth in a 2 minute period.

Best suggestion yet.

Relayer

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Veegeslas.
It lands a demolishing hit against his chest!
As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 10:17 PM CDT
I'd prefer to do away with the Gwethdesuans altogether!

Evil, terrible things!

Troubadour Raziaar
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/22/2006 11:43 PM CDT
I seen someone suggest a while ago using the different colored alberdines as different widely-known channels. Sure it'd take a while to get 'em all tuned to whoever you wanted, but it'd be worth it.

On most of my characters these days, I just stick with crystal rings, that way if someone needs me they can get ahold of me easy enough, and I don't have the gweth chatter.

Shadeau Raysen-Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/23/2006 09:29 AM CDT
>I'd prefer to do away with the Gwethdesuans altogether!

>Evil, terrible things!

>Troubadour Raziaar

Just give everyone a single-use gwethsmasher every year.

mfberg
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 04/23/2006 02:10 PM CDT
Hmmm....one smash and sooo many choices...what to do, what to do....::grins::

"A voice in the desert is but dust in the wind; a legion of voices creates a Divine Wind; a hurricane will therefore ensue!" ~Paul Gibson

www.fibromyalgiasupport.com
http://s2.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=51510
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 11:01 AM CDT
>>How about just getting albredine rings and leaving AIM references totally off the gweths? And while we're at it, how about auto-deaths for anyone who elicits 3 or more emotes via gweth in a 2 minute period.

I couldn't agree more. I came here specifically to ask if the concept of "in character" has gone out the window, but I see it's already been brought up.

Stop trying to figure out in-character ways to talk out of character. I've always considered IC terms for OOC things to be a tolerable (at best) means when you absolutely must be OOC. But people take it too far.

Just because you're saying "the gods" instead of Simu, or "pigeon" instead of AIM, does not mean you're in the clear. The other night I got to listen to some banter about how these days there are only xxx people in Elanthia because the Gods didn't find it economically feasible to etc etc.... Good job stayin IC, slick.

I seem to rememebr a time when it was made official that ::emotes:: on the gweth were considered OOC -- was this revoked or is it just no longer enforced?

My biggest gweth pet peeves:
- Taking blatantly OOC sentences and substituting the OOC words for IC translations (Gods, pigeons)
- Using emotes to make up for lack or creative dialogue
- People selling "verby" items ... how can "verby" be considered IC?

Anyhow, I'm done ranting.

What happens in Qi, stays in Qi.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 12:45 PM CDT
I just report the person every time they do that on the gweth. So when I'm in Crossing I report a lot of traders.

I am --- Navak
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 03:23 PM CDT
>>I just report the person every time they do that on the gweth. So when I'm in Crossing I report a lot of traders.

>>I am --- Navak

Traders and empaths from what I've noted are some of the biggest violators of the ic/ooc crap on the gweth in the crossing. If only removing and putting gweths back on didn't take up charges so that I could remove the damn thing when I'm around the Crossing and the ooc stuff is getting out of hand.

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
Winston Churchill

Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 04:07 PM CDT
You could open a thought window and cover it around Crossing. That way you wouldn't have to see it all the time.

Calissa's player
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 07:51 PM CDT
>>I seem to rememebr a time when it was made official that ::emotes:: on the gweth were considered OOC -- was this revoked or is it just no longer enforced?

When was this (I happen to believe you are mistaken, but you could be talking about something long-ago)? It was long considered this by players but it was only recently that the GMs even bothered to talk shop about it enough that people understood what was official or not. In that particular discussion, the only things really made official were no leetspeak, no emoticons, and nothing that forced a response from someone or which could only be done in-person. Images and other non-textual components were completely sidestepped in that long, drawn-out battle.

BAD
lol, brb, rofl, suxor
:), >:), 0:)
:reaches over and slaps you silly:

GOOD (or just not-bad)
:laughs:, :waves:
"like golden summer sunshine on burnt skin" (ie, communicating strictly in sensory metaphors, like in a certain episode of Star Trek: TNG)

Even more recently (ie, just this past week or two), a thread was started up about how we process thought. Not really a rant or complaint, more of a technical discussion, but as we are wont to do the BMs had to step in and moderate. It veered into off-topic things such as RL research and blind people, and the thread was moved to the This and That folders in Outside Elanthia. I believe it was GM Sanguinious (the Blotter guy), and I don't recall if he was explaining official stance or personal opinion, who said that how you perceive the gweth is rather unrelated to how it gets sent to you. Thus, if someone who thinks that the gweth is just a text marquee without emotion won't stop you from applying an emotional context to whatever is said.

J'Lo, no that other one
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 08:42 PM CDT
That would have been Armifer, posting that just "pure thought" is sent and that if not entirely absent, emotions/feelings and the like would at least be toned down quite a bit due to the nature of moon mage devices and the basis of how they work.

I am --- Navak
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 08:50 PM CDT
>>When was this (I happen to believe you are mistaken, but you could be talking about something long-ago)?

Since I can't remember when it was, or who said it, you may very well be right. I thought I remembered the decision being made way back before the game went to the web but I might have been hearing players speaking their opinion and misinterpreted it as GM decree.

So is it official then that emotes, in line with what one might do if in the same room, are okay on the gweth?

What happens in Qi, stays in Qi.
Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/24/2006 10:22 PM CDT
SIMU-SOLOMON
Verba movent, exempla trahunt.
Ignore Author
Email Author
Re: "Fog" = OOC... GM weigh in? ? on 2/22/2006 11:48:35 AM 42676
After some discussion with Armifer about their composition, nature, and mechanics, here's some more info on Gweths.
Speaking in terms of IC theory:
Gwethesduns are made out of a rock that, when modified with Lunar Enchanting, allow someone to project their thoughts to everyone else within a set range that has a device of similar manufacture.
Most people interpret inter-personal communication through sound. You "hear" someone's thoughts because that is the most natural way for an Elanthian man to interpret psychic communication.
On a tangent, this principle is in play in a recent series of Event Predictions that revolve around "a thread of prophetic meaning." There is no real man's voice in the prediction, it is simply how the mind interprets and delivers to you a thought-base, almost alien form of conversation.
On the extreme side, it could be possible to interpret gweth communication through different senses. Someone could "smell" meaning in the gweth, feel it prickle over their skin, or, yes, even see it as the thought of text streaming across their sight.
Strongly projected emotions could theoretically be felt through the gwethesduns, but the experience would be muted; a vague empathic (note, that's empathic...not Empathic) hunch. Moon Mages and their devices normally work on the abstract rather than the visceral level, so emotional content tends to get "lost in the translation."
Actions are obviously not possible -- no one can reach through your gweth and slap you -- but the thought of an action is. You can project the idea that you're smiling or hugging someone. Whether someone perceives it as words or as imagery depends on the receiver. It's entirely possible two different people receiving the same "hugs" will interpret it in different ways.
Solomon (but mostly Armifer)
What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba
Re
Re: "Fog" = OOC... GM weigh in? ? on 2/22/2006 12:25:38 PM 42680
>Since there is no way to think directly to a person through a gweth, arent they in fact, hugging everyone within gweth range? ::hugs::
So, from this train of thought I can say "Don't hug me on the gweth" and if they do I can chop their arms off!
Yay.
Huldah: "I heard Prydaens had hairy palms." Me: "...." Huldah: "No srsly. I read it on the Race boards, it must be true." Me: [leaves]
AIM: Huldahs Pal
DR-ARMIFER
GM Censored
Ignore Author
Email Author
Re: "Fog" = OOC... GM weigh in? ? on 2/22/2006 12:27:23 PM 42681
They're projecting the thought of being hugged to everyone in range, yes.
At the receiver end the thought is translated down to the senses and someone then makes the determination if this is "Someone saying "asterik hugs asterik."" or "The image of someone hugging me."
The receiver can then make the logical leap of "I don't know this guy, so the hug image probably wasn't directed at me." Or not, if he just needs a hug.
-Armifer
"...and we shall be able to see the heavens more clearly, the heavens which, though they still may be cruel, nonetheless will not deny to us their eternal beauties." -Giovanni Boccaccio

What I saved.

"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
Winston Churchill

Re: Lack of RP. ::Nudge:: 10/25/2006 03:34 PM CDT
Personally I think if it's not verbal it should not be on the gweth.

The way I picture it, basically, is as sending your voice into someone else's head. Yeah, you could say, "Think about me hugging you!", or "Hugs!" but as far as projecting the actual action... I don't that's something I'll ever learn to like, or accept on the gweth.

Shadeau Moonith,
Player of.

--
(Drongol dislikes you.)
Prev_page Previous 1