Prev_page Previous 1
Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:44 AM CDT
Heh, so I saw something happen inside the Ranger guild tonight, just had to wonder what goes through people's minds.

Since talking to the victim, I've learned he's circle 36, much smaller than both Valashay and Strange. He wanted to drop it, but what I witnessed was just inexcusable. So this Ranger enters the Crossing guild, and immediately Strange steals from him. The weirdness is what happened next. Valashay proceeded to completely dog the young Ranger, slapping him around and such. Then Strange did that thief knock out thing that they do. So after a couple minutes of this guy getting beat down, Valashay decides it's time to just kill him. She slips into hiding and proceeds to destroy him with her bow. After talking to him after he's rezzed, this guy has no clue who Valashay is, and has never talked to her or interacted before with her in any fashion. We all know Strange's rep, so his actions were expected. But Valashy, congrats to you for killing someone half your circle for absolutely no reason. If you really want to know who was victimized, you can ask Valashay or Strange, it was pretty pathetic.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:47 AM CDT
Never heard of Valashay. Must be a new-age Ranger. They don't make 'em like they used to.

- Xelten
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 01:52 AM CDT
Val has been around a long long time. At least 5 years.

And there has to be more story to it than this.

-Teeklin

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." -Potter Stewart
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 02:32 AM CDT
Nothing more, Strange was bullying on that guy, and Valashay just decided to murder him. Oh, yeah, I remember she took offense to the fact that he decided to go to the guard house to accuse Strange of stealing. That was enough reason for her to murder him.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 02:44 AM CDT
SOMEBODY POISONED THE WATER HOLE
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:08 AM CDT
>>Nothing more, Strange was bullying on that guy, and Valashay just decided to murder him. Oh, yeah, I remember she took offense to the fact that he decided to go to the guard house to accuse Strange of stealing. That was enough reason for her to murder him.

Sorry, I know Val and I am going to go with there's more to that story than what you're saying. Just because you don't see everything that's said or done doesn't mean there's not something else happening.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 08:51 AM CDT
Teekie pooh, 5 years isn't a long time.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 10:46 AM CDT
Well why didn't you stand up for em?

No ranger stands alone, unless the person is bigger than you?

What kinda crap is that?

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 11:37 AM CDT
Arwinia, you're almost as big a troublemaker as Strange. I didn't stick up, cause yeah, I'd have gotten killed too. And as far as No Ranger stands alone, figure out why the bigger Ranger, who's buddy-buddy with Strange decided that the younger Ranger needed to die. I just simpy posted cause a situation that didn't involve her to begin with, but somehow made her just kill someone for no reason was kinda messed up. If she'll actually be honest about it, you can ask her or maybe she'll tell you who it was she powned. People like Strange belong in The Fallen, and it's a sad day when rangers will just jump in on his behalf when they have no business in the conflict in the first place.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 11:45 AM CDT
>>Arwinia, you're almost as big a troublemaker as Strange. I didn't stick up, cause yeah, I'd have gotten killed too. And as far as No Ranger stands alone, figure out why the bigger Ranger, who's buddy-buddy with Strange decided that the younger Ranger needed to die. I just simpy posted cause a situation that didn't involve her to begin with, but somehow made her just kill someone for no reason was kinda messed up. If she'll actually be honest about it, you can ask her or maybe she'll tell you who it was she powned. People like Strange belong in The Fallen, and it's a sad day when rangers will just jump in on his behalf when they have no business in the conflict in the first place.<<

Arwinia is a empath. Empaths can't be troublemakers!

As fo you not sticking up because you would've gotten killed also is just lame. I think you should look at another guild because that's no reason not to help a brother of the guild that is being bullied.

I think people like strange need to stick around, he just has a different style than you do.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:08 PM CDT
And what can you say about the Ranger that did the bullying?
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:09 PM CDT
>>And what can you say about the Ranger that did the bullying?<<

Someone should teach em a lesson.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:12 PM CDT
Oh, and here's a snapshot of Strange's style of play....which you prolly don't ever get to witness first hand cause the problem with snerts is they never try to start fights with people bigger than them. Roll up another char, get him to about 30, and see what kind of problems you get....

Strange: Oh, I'm bigger than you. I'm going to harass you in the hopes you try to attack me.

Smaller char: Boy, I can't see you hide and I just got knocked out/thumped

Strange: Ha! My keyboard skills are better than my bo staff skills. If you talk to me again, I'll kill you because I've got a 20 circle advantage. I'm awesome!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:14 PM CDT
>>Empaths can't be troublemakers!

Ell oh ell!

>>People like Strange belong in The Fallen

People like that wouldn't survive in the Fallen. They feed on those who will let them in Prime.

But yes, anyone who is a friend of someone like that is clearly of questionable integrity.

All of that said, it's best to only post about your own conflicts, not those you witness. You can never know exactly what was going on.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:14 PM CDT
Hire somebody to protect you or kill him or both.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:30 PM CDT
Seems I need to come babysit, I agree with webba, if you don't have the backbone to stick up for your guildmates then don't bring it up. I don't care if you would have died and walked if you want to take a moral high ground be the first person to step up. THEN I would probably be more incline to care

Oh and this haven is a much better place to start out.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 12:38 PM CDT
>>But yes, anyone who is a friend of someone like that is clearly of questionable integrity.<<

I'm friends with Strange

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 01:55 PM CDT
>Nothing more, Strange was bullying on that guy, and Valashay just decided to murder him. Oh, yeah, I remember she took offense to the fact that he decided to go to the guard house to accuse Strange of stealing. That was enough reason for her to murder him.

Well, seeing as I was standing there too...

Strange stole a couple times, got caught the last time. Kardil ("victim") ran to the guard house to turn Strange in. Passerby called for the militia to arrest Strange. Kardil came back, Strange slapped him. Various punches and slaps occurred. Valashay somehow became involved, Kardil called her a mean name. Valashay and Kardil exchanged punches and slaps. Both Strange and Valashay drew and loaded their bows. Valashay told Kardil to leave, Strange told Kardil to keep slapping him (dare). Valashay and Kardil argued over who the guild belonged to. Kardil did not leave. Valashay killed Kardil. Kardil reported Valashay. Jhime arrived randomly, juggled a little bit, and dragged Kardil to the Clerics. I left to go on a stealing run.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 02:06 PM CDT
>>Kardil reported Valashay<<

Welp this is someone going on my pink list.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 02:18 PM CDT
>>Welp this is someone going on my pink list

Added to mine as well. I too am friends with Strange. So the younger char caught Strange stealing from him. He can always ignore it or ask for the coins back or fight or report to the guards etc. He took the path of reporting to the guards. Kudos. Now the trick is to not to push the envelope.

There is no need to get mouthy. People need to take responsibility for their actions. Just cause you can run your mouth in the real world doesn't mean it works in DR. Insulting folks (especially those bigger than you) is crusing for a brusing.

-Galren Moonskin

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: Thats why no-one will remember your name.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:00 PM CDT
Screw it, I will head back to crossing and try and wallop both of em for the heck of it. Why, well because, maybe I am bigger then them and I haven't bullied anyone in a long time, and starting to feel the need to whoop up on something.

I can't stand pansie rangers who say, I didn't want to stick up for em because he was bigger en me. Kind of like having your lunch money taken away by a bully. Punch em in the nose and gonads, and make em yur sissy house pet.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:08 PM CDT
>>Welp this is someone going on my pink list.

My highlights don't change based on board things (and I imagine your pink list is just to remind you not to even bother with that person since they don't fit your style), but it is good to know who the friends of griefers are.

Griefer = worst thing about the game
Whiner = second worst

Of course there are varying degrees of each, and what qualifies as such varies from the opinion of each person.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:26 PM CDT
First off, I didn't mention who the victim was, he dropped the incident. I pushed the envelope, and didn't want to mention his name cause he didn't want to deal with it anymore. And in unconsented PVP, reporting is a right of the killed. Strange stole, he accused at the guard house. Strange preferred violence and tried to provoke him. He didn't fall for the bait, so he was killed anyway.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:41 PM CDT
So yeah, call me a whiner for not standing up for the fallen. Call me a whiner for pointing out that it takes 2 people over circle 50 to provoke and kill someone under 40, especially when all he did was stand up for himself. Because people like Strange and Valashay can't stand people that stick up for themselves, they resort to murder. Well done guys, and if you disapprove of what I reported here in the boards, and especially if you're friends of Strange, you're a disgrace to the guild. Maybe I am too for not dying as well. So I'm a whiner. I'm not some sorry punk griefer who takes his RL frustrations out in DR by killing younger folks. All that proves is that the people of bigger circle have been playing the game longer.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:42 PM CDT
>>My highlights don't change based on board things (and I imagine your pink list is just to remind you not to even bother with that person since they don't fit your style), but it is good to know who the friends of griefers are.<<

My highlights will. I will not interact with a known reporter. It may be OOC, but if a person proves they cannot handle something in game and must run and tattle well I don't need the hassle.

>>And in unconsented PVP, reporting is a right of the killed. Strange stole, he accused at the guard house. Strange preferred violence and tried to provoke him. He didn't fall for the bait, so he was killed anyway.<<

This wasn't unconsented PVP. An unjustified kill? Sure but it wasn't PvP. This could've led to a fun RP for multiple people, but your friend killed all potential RP plots and proved that he probably shouldn't be playing this game.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:43 PM CDT
I had no clue what his circle was nor did I care, In my opinion if someone talks smack they should be prepared to back it up. This guy was NOT willing to drop it or he would have not kept running his mouth and have used the warn option(which he promptly used as soon as the GM released me) i'm not in the habit of stopping mid-conflict and asking someone their circle/skill level. there are several characters with no last names that can easily beat my character down and have. sadly for him he didnt realize how deep of a hole he was digging until it was too late. As for Strange immediately stealing from him, no he was stealing from everyone in the guild. moral of the story is dont talk smack unless you're prepared to suffer whatever consequences may follow. I'm personally tired of dealing with ppl who cant handle a situation and run crying to the GM's when it doesnt go their way or they realize they are in over their heads. that is truely pathedic in my eyes. If you're going to talk the talk then walk the walk, dont talk the talk then run like a sniffling spoiled child to the GMs, they have better things to do than babysit. also helps to get the facts straight before posting trying to slander someone. BE A MAN OR TAKE YOURSELF BACK TO THE KIDDIE TABLE.

with love,
player of Valashay
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:44 PM CDT
>>So yeah, call me a whiner for not standing up for the fallen. Call me a whiner for pointing out that it takes 2 people over circle 50 to provoke and kill someone under 40, especially when all he did was stand up for himself. Because people like Strange and Valashay can't stand people that stick up for themselves, they resort to murder. Well done guys, and if you disapprove of what I reported here in the boards, and especially if you're friends of Strange, you're a disgrace to the guild. Maybe I am too for not dying as well. So I'm a whiner. I'm not some sorry punk griefer who takes his RL frustrations out in DR by killing younger folks. All that proves is that the people of bigger circle have been playing the game longer. <<

Why didn't you try to RP out the situation a bit more? Just wondering.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:45 PM CDT
Heh I don't know how you all get into so much drama. In all the years I've played I think I got into one or two scuffles. None involved GMs or reporting.

One was in Aesry with Darthiel. He was mouthing off and I went after him. I thought I was good then, Darthiel was better. Heh he killed me rather quick. I don't even remember the other one.

If you get so pissed off at someone you scream at your monitor. put your avoids on, find a quiet place, and get up and go stretch your legs.

Drevid
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:46 PM CDT
>>Heh I don't know how you all get into so much drama. In all the years I've played I think I got into one or two scuffles. None involved GMs or reporting.<<

I can change all of that for ya tog. Merkesh is nothing more than a hop skip and a jump from Hara.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:48 PM CDT
Wasn't PVP? Do you know the definition of PVP? Player vs Player? I know fights are gonna happen. And consented PVP is when both parties are expecting a fight. He had stopped his side of the conflict and nothing happened for a minute or 2 before Valashay got tired of the silence. Killing another PLAYER CHARACTER in game is PVP no matter how you slice it. Be it consented/unconsented, justified/unjustified. And really, get your head out of your arse. How is someone supposed to fight back with a 20 circle disadvantage? Keep dying over and over? What does that prove? Explain how the smaller char is supposed to fight back, I'll relay the message and we'll see where it goes. 5 plus years of playing DR compared to a little over 13 months is a world of difference. And for you to think that unconsented PVP is part of RP, you're just plain crazy.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 03:50 PM CDT
<<I can change all of that for ya tog. Merkesh is nothing more than a hop skip and a jump from Hara.

Are you planning on reporting me when I murder you?? ;)

Drevid
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:02 PM CDT
>>Why didn't you try to RP out the situation a bit more? Just wondering.

Da Mad Webba:

I was not involved, I saw what happened. I can't answer for how Kardil was RP'ing. I do know that when both Strange and Valashay drew weapons, Kardil had stopped his side of the deal. After roughly a minute or 2 of him stopping his side, Valashay killed him.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:04 PM CDT
>>Wasn't PVP? Do you know the definition of PVP? Player vs Player?<<

Yes i actually do. There is a difference between CvC and PvP.

>>And really, get your head out of your arse. How is someone supposed to fight back with a 20 circle disadvantage? Keep dying over and over? What does that prove? Explain how the smaller char is supposed to fight back, I'll relay the message and we'll see where it goes.<<

Ask an older player for help, Walk away from the situation, Ignore the person, Fight back, Take out a contact hit, ruin the person's reputation around town, train to be able to beat them up or anything else you can come up with.

>>And for you to think that unconsented PVP is part of RP, you're just plain crazy.<<

I think CvC is part of the role playing enviroment. Roleplaying isn't just playing out some script someone laid out.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:10 PM CDT
>>Are you planning on reporting me when I murder you?? ;) -Drevid<<

I will let this one slide since you togs have such little brains. There isn't a tog alive that can best the Webba.

I'll beat ya so bad you will turn turquoise, then chain ya up and put ya to work in the forge.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:15 PM CDT
Drevid, way back in the day, there were a lot less snerts. I don't remember a whole lot of people running around causing problems. The only real bad guy I remember was one thief who liked to knock out females, drag 'em and have his way with them while they were unconcsious. I can't remember his name off the top of my head. But since my hiatus and return, the Players of DR are very different. A lot more trouble makers, and as the older folks have stayed in DR and progressed to 100+, they don't deal with the snerts. But getting back into DR, starting from the bottom again, circles 50-70 are loaded with problem people. People who won't mess with the older folks, but love finding young prey. So you're experience is going to be vastly different. For someone who's been off and on with DR for awhile, you can learn to ignore certain situations and walk away or whatever. For some people, I can understand the frustration of being targeted and murdered without reason.

Da Madd Webba:

Once again, if you pay attention, I was not involved, so there was no RP on my part to change. I witnessed what happened. If you have suggestions for Kardil on how to RP with snerts or how to fight back with a 20 circle disadvantage, by all means, let him know.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:33 PM CDT
>>For some people, I can understand the frustration of being targeted and murdered without reason.

I can understand it, but that's really just because they think they have no options to deal with the situation aside from reporting. If they knew that they could walk away, apologize, go hide, call in a friend, hire a Champion, or just report the situation to an older guildmember maybe they wouldn't feel so helpless.

One of the best times I ever had in DR is when a young ranger in blood wolves named Ramathorn died and had his bow graverobbed by a pair of morons. He didn't know me personally, wasn't a friend, but he was a guildmate and he asked me for help and I spent a few days, a dozen kills, two deaths, and a lot of running around getting that bow back and in the end he got his bow and made a new friend in the process.

If there's some punk thief in OUR guild causing trouble, you just have to let us know. No one comes onto our home turf and starts trouble with our brothers and sisters. It's just not acceptable.

>>Once again, if you pay attention, I was not involved, so there was no RP on my part to change. I witnessed what happened.

You should have gotten involved rather than just watching him get smacked. No Ranger Stands Alone. Whether you jumped into the fight and died, tried to mediate the situation, whispered to him to let him know a way out, or went to find him help...if you're a Ranger and you see another Ranger in trouble you do something about it.

I can't tell you how many conflicts I've been in because Teeklin has absolute guild loyalty first. I even end up killing a lot of my out-of-game friends because their characters are picking on Rangers. It just sounds to me like you punked out and stood there like a deer in headlights watching him get murdered. Not cool.

-Teeklin

"Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself. It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime." -Potter Stewart
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 04:48 PM CDT
<<Drevid, way back in the day, there were a lot less snerts. I don't remember a whole lot of people running around causing problems.

You're incorrect.. do you not remember the Hing gang? The bank monkeys? Psytry? Ann? Damn I have so many names highlighted in critter yellow from the old days.

There are still snerts over 100th. The older owners sold and others bought. You pick and choose your battles. If you lose one its not the end of the world.

I've never had a run in with Strange, but everyone in Crossing knows of him. If I was the level that he preys upon and I was in Crossing I would make sure I didn't have anything I didn't care about losing. If you don't want to get stolen from train stealing and perception.

Grifters like to hang out in Crossing. There is so many places to train now even at 1st circle you don't have to stay in Crossing.

Drevid
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 05:06 PM CDT
Don't recall a Psytry. But yeah, remember some of those.

Teeklin, yeah, I'll admit I did get punked out. And defending our guild is something I believe in, and I didn't follow through. But still, one of the griefing members is a Ranger. And as far as I saw, she started her bit with Kardil, not the other way around. And from what he told me, he's done with it. He did his bit and and doesn't plan on messing with them.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 05:11 PM CDT
>>Teeklin, yeah, I'll admit I did get punked out. And defending our guild is something I believe in, and I didn't follow through. But still, one of the griefing members is a Ranger. And as far as I saw, she started her bit with Kardil, not the other way around. And from what he told me, he's done with it. He did his bit and and doesn't plan on messing with them.<<

I think these two will be getting a visit in the next couple of days. Let me hurry up and get these last couple of HE ranks.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 05:51 PM CDT
<And in unconsented PVP, reporting is a right of the killed.

No, report is an unfortunate bug in the game engine.

Sylvado

Where would we be?

Jack: Bobby, I've had enough of Nikita, I'm ignoring him from now on!
Prev_page Previous 1