Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:08 PM CDT
do you not remember the Hing gang?

Yes.

Psytry?

Yes, except the spelling doesnt look right. But I know who you mean. Good times.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:16 PM CDT
If any nublet comes to me with a problem, I typically do my best to solve it for them. Especially if it involves killing people.

You should have just asked around for help.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:19 PM CDT
Two mins is pushing it, I simply waited for full aim so however long that takes. and again I had no clue of your skills or what circle your character was. I do know I was slapped, punched and insulted which doesnt lead to a very happy me. Whine all you like you little putz. and yes you are kardil so stop lying, bad enough you're on here crying about a fire you kept fueling til you got yourself burnt.

with love,

player of Valashay
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:37 PM CDT
<<Psytry?

<<Yes, except the spelling doesnt look right. But I know who you mean. Good times.

Yeah when I posted I wasn't in game to check. Heh I was a baby warmie then. Psitry maybe?

Drevid
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 07:38 PM CDT
Valashay is mean though. She bopped me and told me to behave. :(

Drevid
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 08:32 PM CDT
<<<Psitry maybe>>>

Yes, I think thats it.

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 09:19 PM CDT
<<<Whoever said they were gonna highlight my name in pink - If that's how flamers roll, go for it. I'm better off not knowing you anyway. Oh, and for the Rangers that are friends with Strange, you are a serious disgrace to the guild.>>>

If I were you, I wouldn't want that person on my ass. Hes a pretty tough guy. I've seen you around, and know you are a decent ranger. But so the guy that said this is a better ranger. And if Valashay killed you, this guy could kill you by spitting at you.

And for the record, I was in the crossing guild last night. I must have just missed. Nothing fun ever happens when I am around. But I may have helped you. But then again, I may have joined Strange in stealing from you. Then again, I may have stolen from Strange and Valashay. Either way, it matters little to me.

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 10:49 PM CDT
>>Better? Probably not. Bigger and more time IG, absolutely. Could he kill me? Without a doubt. But what do I care, my name's in pink. And if he were to hunt me down for a forum post, then that just proves he's a disgrace to the Ranger guild<<

Actually I think you should be locked out of the game forever. You just admitted that you tried to stand up for yourself and failed so you report?

That's just wack juice dude.

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 10:56 PM CDT
<<<That's just wack juice dude>>>

What the heck is wack juice?

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 11:04 PM CDT
>>Arwinia, you're almost as big a troublemaker as Strange.

LOL fear me... Or something. More like I'm not afraid to speak my mind or call a spade a spade. Moving on.

>>Kardil called her a mean name. Valashay and Kardil exchanged punches and slaps

Maybe I come from the old school don't start stuff and then cry for your mom to bail you out line of thinking but last time I checked, if you don't want to get your butt handed to you by someone that can kill you then don't provoke them.

>>First off, I didn't mention who the victim was, he dropped the incident. I pushed the envelope, and didn't want to mention his name cause he didn't want to deal with it anymore.

Good thing you fueled it back up for him then huh? You were even good enough to leave out the important details!

>>There is no need to get mouthy. People need to take responsibility for their actions. Just cause you can run your mouth in the real world doesn't mean it works in DR. Insulting folks (especially those bigger than you) is crusing for a brusing.

qft

>>But still, one of the griefing members is a Ranger. And as far as I saw, she started her bit with Kardil, not the other way around.

Someone else that was already there said that Kardil called her a nasty name and provoked it. Just because YOU don't see everything doesn't mean something else wasn't going on.

>>way back in the day, there were a lot less snerts.

Pssst, most, if not all, of us have probably been playing longer than you.

>>account holder 912016

As I recognize your account name you can know that I am very disappointed. Since I've seen you get into fights with people close to me I have no doubt in my mind you egged it on. Up until now I've never seen you report conflicts that you engage in, and you know you definitely have engaged in unconsented PvP but always with people SMALLER than you who push your buttons AND I've witnessed you try to start fights mistakenly believing you could take the other person. Very, very disappointed. If that's your roommate that's whining you might want to tell him to stop because it's insanely hypocritical.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/26/2007 11:42 PM CDT
>>Once again, if you pay attention, I was not involved, so there was no RP on my part to change. I witnessed what happened. If you have suggestions for Kardil on how to RP with snerts or how to fight back with a 20 circle disadvantage, by all means, let him know.

I killed Dryzt and he had over 50+ circles on me. Stop whining about a circle disadvantage. It's all about opportunity. Send me a IM at Vinjince00 and I'll teach you how to use your own Ranger.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 07:05 AM CDT
As the account holder here, let me step in and say that I am not Kardil, he is my room mate. I apologize to people who know this account and know who I am. I'm pretty sure it won't take rocket science to figure out which account is his. He's gone out of town now, but will be back Monday or so. Don't expect to see this account posting in here anymore, as his access to it is getting yanked. (If you'll notice, he removed my picture and my name under it.)

I've deleted all posts from this account, but if he wants to he can repost them under his actual account.

If there are others, I'd appreciate someone sending me a PM so I can remove those too.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention C.

-The disgruntled Player of Jefferie
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 10:12 AM CDT
As the account holder here, let me step in and say that I am not Kardil, he is my room mate. I apologize to people who know this account and know who I am. I'm pretty sure it won't take rocket science to figure out which account is his. He's gone out of town now, but will be back Monday or so. Don't expect to see this account posting in here anymore, as his access to it is getting yanked. (If you'll notice, he removed my picture and my name under it.)
I've deleted all posts from this account, but if he wants to he can repost them under his actual account.
If there are others, I'd appreciate someone sending me a PM so I can remove those too.

Wow. It's like the dramabomb exploded and everyone was walking around dazed and then a second dramabomb went off.

Now that you post, it doesn't take anyone smarter than me to figure out that Kardil MUST be the RWwhatever dude who's been posting as a "concerned" bystander type.

Which to me is hilarious.

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 10:31 AM CDT
>Now that you post, it doesn't take anyone smarter than me to figure out that Kardil MUST be the RWwhatever dude who's been posting as a "concerned" bystander type.

>Which to me is hilarious.

The whole thing is hilarious to me. Not only was it, literally, THE fastest report I've ever seen (he hit the ground, asked for a drag about 20 seconds later, immediately after that a GM showed up), but he decided to post this whole mess here AFTER the GM told him that Valashay did nothing wrong, neglected to post any of the wrongdoing he'd done throughout the situation... under the disguise of a concerned by-stander. All because he got killed. People take things way to seriously.

Roleplay happens in the game, and accusing 2 folks on the OOC boards of picking on a smaller player IG is just stupid. Strange's actions were 100% roleplay, from my observation point (standing in the room while all of this happened); Valashay's were 100% roleplay, and she followed all of the 'consent' rules, even warning Kardil twice.
Kardil did a pretty good job of keeping it all RP until he reported, as well. But there are people who RP bullies; there are people who RP con-artists; there are people who RP all sorts of things that can be interpreted as 'mean' - that's roleplaying. People need to learn to recognize it and stop taking trivial things like this personally.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 03:28 PM CDT
Everyone involved need to be killed.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 06:38 PM CDT
Sometimes I miss Crossings. Course when I'm there, seems like no one else is, and no one ever wants to pick on me.... I'm just a noob ranger, and easy pickings, but no one ever messes with me. Back in the day I used to get messed with all the time. So I'd have to disagree that there are more snerts now then in the "old" days.

Falker
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 09:41 PM CDT

Am I bad that I caught a thief in my pants, loaded my bow, aimed, screwed up typing "hi" with "hu", got nailed in a 1-2 second delay. And had the thief hand my lungs to me before I hit the ground, and didn't report? ;) Hell I apollogised to the thief for takeing the time to drag me to a cleric. Basicly a Zhoa crit on stupid moves. :)

-Cordin
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 09:53 PM CDT
>>Back in the day I used to...

noob rangers don't have "back in the day" stories to tell. No wonder you don't have any takers.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 11:16 PM CDT
Hi, my character's name is Strange.

If Kardil cared so much about being bullied he should have kept slapping someone who likes to be slapped. Instead he slapped my character Strange, which does not go along with the previous statement.

He also should not have threatened to report me for things that a GM would laugh at a person for. This only further annoyed me because I have this thing about OOC comments like that. My thing is that they piss me off.

All things considered, hes very lucky I did not kill him as well, because he continued to slap me after I told him to stop (very clearly).

<<We all know Strange's rep, so his actions were expected.

Who is we? And who are you? Id be happy to show you more of my "rep" in the future. I have a list, and I can add you to that list. The list is not for people to be nice to.

<<f you really want to know who was victimized, you can ask Valashay or Strange, it was pretty pathetic.

Youre right. It was pathetic. It was the GMs who were victimized by listening to this guy crying about getting killed after slapping around two higher circled characters. I told him he will learn policy some day, and maybe that day he will stop wasting the GMs time.

<<Oh, and here's a snapshot of Strange's style of play....which you prolly don't ever get to witness first hand cause the problem with snerts is they never try to start fights with people bigger than them.

You're an idiot and have no clue what you're talking about. Maybe you didnt know this but you can't see people's circle while you are stealing from them. Even if I did know his circle, it wouldn't have made a difference, because I steal from whoever the hell I feel like. How a person reacts to that is totally up to them. Im very nice to people who dont slap/attack me or scream bloody OOC murder about reporting to GMs.

<<Because people like Strange and Valashay can't stand people that stick up for themselves, they resort to murder.

I love people who stick up for themselves. Kardil is not one of those people. But you're right. I resort to murder QUITE often. I also get murdered quite often for the same reasons. Its part of the game we play and the object is to accept the consequences of your actions and move on. Its one of the many lessons Ive learned from playing this game.

On an IC note, there are people who play their thieves as nice guys. Walking around, being friendly, not stealing from anyone, and slipping coins from people's freakin ears. Sadly, not all thieves in game are like this. I steal, I murder, and I get murdered for stealing. This is how some thieves in DR are, and its how they should be if you ask me. It amazes me sometimes that people expect anything else.

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 11:18 PM CDT
<<<noob rangers don't have "back in the day" stories to tell.>>>

Sure we do. A few years ago, I was only 4 circles behind the highest ranger in the realms. I dont know who the highest is now, but subtract my circle from them, i'm a noob. I just dont play like I used to anymore. I dont want to play like that anymore. I met a woman, got married, thought I had a few kids, a few confessions, and now I just dont care to play or do much of anything for that matter, anymore. But boy do I have stories.

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 11:21 PM CDT
And for the record, you can't kill someone, or harass them, just because they reported you to the guards for stealing from you. I learned that after I killed a trader for reporting to me the guards.

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 11:40 PM CDT
<<<On an IC note, there are people who play their thieves as nice guys. Walking around, being friendly, not stealing from anyone, and slipping coins from people's freakin ears. Sadly, not all thieves in game are like this. I steal, I murder, and I get murdered for stealing. This is how some thieves in DR are, and its how they should be if you ask me. It amazes me sometimes that people expect anything else>>>

And then there are thieves that dont like to be stolen from. It amazes me how someone can join a guild and feel that its ok to steal, but as soon as they get stolen from, they report or whatever. I am not saying that you do this. You have not caught me yet. But many thieves do do this.

Asterid

Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/27/2007 11:43 PM CDT
>>And for the record, you can't kill someone, or harass them, just because they reported you to the guards for stealing from you. I learned that after I killed a trader for reporting to me the guards.

Nothing says you don't have a right to confront them about them reporting you to the guards. The confrontation doesn't have to be all friendly and giggly either. Upon the confrontation, if the person who reported you to the guards end up slapping you and calling names, then you're well within your right to murder them if you warned them.

Let me tell you what I, MYSELF would do if I was bullied by someone who I KNOW I have no possible chance at all of killing (not someone who is just 20 circles above me, not someone that I THINK is stronger but have no idea how strong).

If someone I have no possible chance of killing comes and "bullies" on me. One, I'd mostly keep any comments to myself, depending on how severe he's being. Yes, there are times where you gotta know when to shut up and not have a big mouth if you want to avoid getting killed. I'd just be less inclined to make comments to this person that could be taken as an insult. Now, if this person continues to "bully" me, and it gets to the point where it would be completely disrespecting my character to the point where I feel I'd be punking out, I'd attack anyway.

Now, let's look at what would happen. When I attack, said person will kill me in one hit. What am I to do afterwards? I'll stay there with my avoids on, and try to have several friends come drag me (yes, it does help to have friends). Now tell me, what could possibly go wrong after that? Unless the person camps your grave and tries to walk you after several OOC attempts to end the conflict with him (also, without including the trash talk back to him since you really want to end it) then in my opinion you have no reason to report. But this is an entirely different topic.

In the end, you may just become friends with this "bully" and discover that he's not exactly the person you thought he was. The main point I'm trying to make is that people should try to remain IC about conflicts and in the end it more than likely WILL turn out good. There's nothing OOC about reporting to the guards, but don't expect the thief to be all happy about the fact that you did it. And if you're gonna slap and call out names then you better believe you'll be getting a blade through the skull.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 12:17 AM CDT
I just wanna pipe into this happy little discussion and point out that Kardil got on my blacklist the day he threatened to report me and get me warned for profanity out of the blue.

What did I say that was so objectionable to him? The words 'hell' and 'ass.'

You're a real winner dude, and using a friend's account as a sockpuppet to try and back yourself up makes it all the more hilarious.

Rev. Reene

Idon: OCH M'FRAE!
Reene: Whoa, whoa. Didn't you read Pal's guide on that Olde English stuff?
Idon: I did, I just enjoy annoying you.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 07:43 AM CDT
This thread delivers.

<3 Val & Strange. LOL @ Kardil.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 07:57 AM CDT
I think everyone should watch out Strange has a list, and he isn't afraid to use that list.

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 08:22 AM CDT
I hear he's checking it twice

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 08:54 AM CDT
Strange seems alright in this except for that list part.

Sylvado

Where would we be?

Jack: Bobby, I've had enough of Nikita, I'm ignoring him from now on!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/28/2007 09:21 AM CDT
>>I think everyone should watch out Strange has a list, and he isn't afraid to use that list.

Wait a minute... that isn't Strange's enemies list. It's Richard Nixon's enemies list!

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

What is the moral? Must be a moral. Here is the moral, wrong or right:
Morals tomorrow; comedy tonight!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/29/2007 03:22 PM CDT
This thread embodies why I derive as much or more enjoyment from reading the boards than I do from playing the game.

Fuquois
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 11:06 AM CDT
>Drevid, way back in the day, there were a lot less snerts. I don't remember a whole lot of people running around causing problems.

Why to people constantly play the 'it was better back in the day" card; it's exactly the same. I was killed in goblins the first day I played, 9 or so years ago, by some thief just because. The only thing that has changed is the development and level of enforcement of policy. I think 90% of the 'guild unity' that existed in the begining of the game was an excuse to go whoop on someone or the entire guild of the offending party. I had so much fun in the sewer skirmishes.

Harbrace - that guy knew how to agitate.

~ S.S.
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 11:53 AM CDT
>The only thing that has changed is the development and level of enforcement of policy.

Bingo. The reason people play the "it was better back in the day" card is because a vast majority of the players back then didn't give a damn about the fine print of the policy. If someone killed you, you rallied your friends and allies to track them down and extract vengeance. And you know what? The original killer didn't immediately report the posse because they didn't have consent on him. He would thrill in the interaction. He would fight back or run and taunt them as he fled their justice.

For reenforcement: the reason it was better back in the "old days" is because people played the game, no the policy.

Fuquois
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 11:59 AM CDT
Well put, Fuquois.

Wow, that's a scary thing for me to say.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 12:02 PM CDT
>Wow, that's a scary thing for me to say.

Heh.. just because we disagreed on one issue doesn't mean we can't agree on others.

Fuquois
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 12:04 PM CDT
I agree.

Oh man, make it stop...

________
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 08:30 PM CDT
Harbrace? Everyone is coming back.

Sylvado

Where would we be?

Jack: Bobby, I've had enough of Nikita, I'm ignoring him from now on!
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 04/30/2007 08:58 PM CDT
Harbrace you old coot! Where you hiding at?

Zephyria the Old Cootess
Re: Congrats to Valashay/Strange 05/01/2007 05:56 AM CDT
?

I don't think so.

~Dulcinia

SEND[Solomon] Change your forums signature please?

[Jenealle] "The wedding was very emotional. Even the cake was in tiers."
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page