Prev_page Previous 1 3
Question 03/30/2003 02:50 PM CST
I am only seeing one effect of my holy weapon, the exploding of silver sparks...

I have tried killing both undead and regular critters but I havent yet seen any roaring or flashing. Is that because im only 50th and will come later?
Re: Question 03/30/2003 04:06 PM CST
Could be because of many things. Your lvl, your concentration, your charisma, your soul... All things and more play apart. Also, I noticed fighting against certain monsters seems to give a fluffier message then others.

--Weebles wobble but the don't fall down! or do they?!?
Re: Question 03/31/2003 06:42 PM CST
I may be going out on a limb here, but i believe it has to do with your total possible size of your soul pool, not soul state, when you recharge your HW, now the things that would contribute to soul pool? charisma? level? etc......

Michael.
Re: Question 04/03/2003 01:54 PM CST

Mine doesn't spark, but it shouts to Chadatru.

Candidus
Question For Maece 08/22/2003 10:24 PM CDT
You said some merchants can now use soulstones in items and keep them functional. I was of having the weapon i will be using as my holy weapon altered to have a functional soulstone. Will the soulstone work once its a holy weapon or will I be able to make it a holy weapon at all?
Ederick
Re: Question For Maece 08/23/2003 08:55 AM CDT
This isn't something I've yet considered. If we do make old alterations "active," each item has to be evaluated to see if it would even work.

But it's something for my plate to definitely look at that I hadn't thought of :-)

~Maece
Re: Question For Maece 08/23/2003 11:00 AM CDT
If i do have it altered. I'd have it realtered to what i wanted originally, when soulstones couldn't be used at all. If it won't work with holy weapon, I plan to have it used on my fine wall shield.
Ederick
Re: Question For Maece 08/23/2003 12:25 PM CDT
I don't see how it can work with holy weapons, but that's not to say we can't look at trying to upgrade holy weapons in this fashion. We'll see :)

~Maece
Re: Question For Maece 08/23/2003 01:15 PM CDT
Can't one of the special things holy weapons have by default is the ability to show us our soulstate/soulpool? :)

I mean, it is a sacred weapon. Can't hurt to do that too, right? ;)

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Question For Maece 08/23/2003 01:40 PM CDT
Maybe... I don't know if I flat out like the idea that every HW has that ability, but it's something to consider definitely.

~Maece
Question on "the story" 01/17/2004 11:41 AM CST
Hey Maece,

Something I have been wondering about but never seen it asked before...

In the "story", reason why HW was created, we are told of a creature which could not be defeated by any of the means at the people's disposal. Does/did this include blessed weapons?

I was thinking that maybe a new rare class of creature that can only be killed by HW and some yet unwritten high tier clerical spell might spice up undead invasions.
Re: Question on "the story" 01/17/2004 04:41 PM CST
<<In the "story", reason why HW was created, we are told of a creature which could not be defeated by any of the means at the people's disposal. Does/did this include blessed weapons?>>

I don't have the answer to this one.

<<I was thinking that maybe a new rare class of creature that can only be killed by HW and some yet unwritten high tier clerical spell might spice up undead invasions.>>

Interesting idea ::glances at Ssra::

~Maece

[[Space for Rent]]
Re: Question on "the story" 01/22/2004 06:57 AM CST
They did not have a "blessed" weapon at their disposal.
Question. 02/14/2005 02:00 PM CST
I am nearly the appropriate circle to do the holy weapon quest and I just started reading some things here. Is it true that you can no longer do the quest because of the current state of Shard?

Its not easy to side with the devil.

Making myself look like an idiot since 1984.
Re: Question. 02/14/2005 06:15 PM CST
Yeps, can't start it, one of the pieces is missing.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Question. 02/14/2005 08:09 PM CST
I am trying to think of other things in DR that are just an example of poor coding, or broken. I can think of two paladin related things. Smiting with a blessed weapon, and now our HW quest. Maybe I just dont have enough experience with other guilds but either way, this willingness to just leave these blatently broken things is saddning, despite the recent 'perks' that we have gotten. I suppose it is easier to say now, with some new paladin things, as opposed to before we got them(smite, worn shields, etc), but why not fix the broken things as opposed to make new things?

Its not easy to side with the devil.

Making myself look like an idiot since 1984.
Re: Question. 02/14/2005 11:36 PM CST
I don't know, maybe its' a good thing if folk can't go. That way they won't be disapointed after they recieve it.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Question. 02/15/2005 09:34 AM CST
What's the status on the holy weapon re-write? In development? In coding?

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: Question. 02/19/2005 08:43 AM CST
The contact piece in Shard has been eaten by a gelapod which saves you the embarrassment of completing a quest only to vault what could be an incredible weapon.
Holy Weapon, Question. 03/27/2008 12:48 PM CDT
I waited a long time to get my holy weapon, and I finally took the time to get it. Anyways I got it charged for the first time in Shard, and now it's time for another charge, and was told it could be done in crossing. I went to the eye of Chadatru - and I cannot get it to charge like I did in Shard. Is there something special I need to do, Thanks?
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/27/2008 06:54 PM CDT
>>I went to the eye of Chadatru - and I cannot get it to charge like I did in Shard. Is there something special I need to do, Thanks?

Unfortunately, while the Chadatru altar in Crossing was intended to be a Holy Weapon recharge point, it is currently BROKEN. Its been broken for a while. Until the folks that can fix it can spend the time to do so, it will remain broken. At this moment in time, there are only two altars that will actually recharge the Holy Weapon. Shard, and M'Riss. Sorry.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/27/2008 08:01 PM CDT
Thanks Redarch, I had no idea it was broken.

So how do I go about getting a portable recharge one?

Again, thank you very much!
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/30/2008 10:49 PM CDT
>>So how do I go about getting a portable recharge one?

The portable recharge ones are the Holy Icons. Those were given out to selected Paladins that applied for them and appeared before a special meeting of the Paladin Council and recited their reasons each Paladin felt entitled them to one.

When we got ours, we were told that a process of acquiring more in the future would be developed. Not clear if it would be a "shop" or a "quest", but there would be a way to gain one. So far, no such "method" has been released yet, so you can't get a Holy Icon at the moment. As an added FYI, the Holy Icon will recharge your Holy Weapon from almost empty to "middle power level" at most. To get to the maximum power level, you still need to go to one of the two working Recharge altars.

So, at THIS precise moment in time, you can only recharge a Holy Weapon in Shard or on M'Riss if you don't already have a Holy Icon.

Speaking of which, P-Team.. where DO we stand with a way to obtain a Holy Icon? Still in Design? In QC? Still being kicked around for ideas?

Redarch
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/31/2008 09:38 AM CDT
I'm not a paladin-prime, of course- though I do have a few such chars!

But with the Icons being what they are, I see them more as something to be quested for.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/31/2008 02:13 PM CDT
The icon quest was designed but not coded/built as of yet. Due to the reorg and other projects, I might change up the design for something else a little less complex from the original.

In the meantime, I may present another opportunity to manually provide some icons. I'll think about possibilities.

~Maece

"You thought it was me gnawing on the passengers? Nah, I'm a vegetarian."

Flight of the Living Dead, 2007
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 03/31/2008 08:45 PM CDT
That would be great if there was another way to get one.
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/01/2008 09:38 AM CDT
The main and only reason I have not taken the holy weapon quest.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/01/2008 09:45 AM CDT
>>The main and only reason I have not taken the holy weapon quest.

Seconded.

Player of Strategist Adakin of Prime
Killr of TF
Kastr of TF
"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/02/2008 08:27 PM CDT
>>In the meantime, I may present another opportunity to manually provide some icons. I'll think about possibilities.

I would guess, and this is only a guess, that an event to let new folks obtain icons, should solve things until the quest can be written and QC'd.

Redarch
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/03/2008 08:20 AM CDT
Definitely, I just need to decide to go council issued or not :)

~Maece

Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/03/2008 09:03 PM CDT
>>Definitely, I just need to decide to go council issued or not :)

Understood. And really, given all you have on your plate after the reorganization, a method that doesn't increase your workload should be acceptable to all that are "questing" for such an icon. So if "not council issued" works best for your schedule, I think many can accept that.

Redarch
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/04/2008 08:43 AM CDT
>So if "not council issued" works best for your schedule, I think many can accept that.

Due to time constraints on both sides of the screen it's likely preferable. Give Palorn something to do in the off hours too :)

Cheers
Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 04/04/2008 10:35 PM CDT
Heh, good point. I'm sure we can ask Palorn to step up and be messenger for a little while :)

~Maece

Re: Holy Weapon, Question. 05/11/2008 02:44 PM CDT
re: The icon issue -
Although I now have a Holy Weapon, I postponed doing the quest because getting it recharged seemed absurdly time consuming.

If the quest for a recharging icon isn't happening in the forseeable future, please add my name to those who are pleading for another chance to meet with the Paladin Council and obtain an icon - or some other method. Without it, I'm afraid my Holy Weapon going to stay packed away and of little use, which is a shame!

- Matalynd
Questions 12/17/2008 03:19 PM CST
So I finally completed my HW quest after years of leaving it half done, and now that I got it... I have some questions.

1) Has anyone used a crossbow as their HW before? Does it actually work?

2) Am I right in remembering that your HW no longer breaks if runs out of charges?

3) The guy on Kresh said something about it being bad if you used your HW while you had a poor soul state, anyone know exactly how bad or what happens if you use it like that?

4) Where exactly on Kresh is the recharge site? I'm running around this garden trying to renew my HW but it keeps saying...

>trace renew crossbow

You are not properly prepared to use this glyph.

Thanks in advance

-Landros
Re: Questions 12/19/2008 11:44 PM CST
I'm wondering if the lack of response to this question is more indicative of the fact that nobody plays paladins anymore, nobody uses holy weapons extensively, or not many paladins are over 50. Or, all three.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on any of the four questions?

-Landros
Re: Questions 12/20/2008 08:21 AM CST
I'm in the not over 50 category myself.
Re: Questions 12/20/2008 08:29 AM CST
I have one in my vault. Its been there about as long as Ive had it. I was hoping there might be like a box frame type item from the last fest what I might have put it in to display it in the vault, but no, so for now its laying under my small collection of juggly things.

If I ever move to Shard, I'll probably get it out. But I'll probably never move to Shard, so there it lies, until changes of circumstance or usability happpen upon us.

Humm Breaux

::Humm sighs, and wanders off sharpening his claws::
Re: Questions 12/20/2008 08:53 AM CST
I am over 50, a paladin and dont have holy weapon. I will never get one either. I just dont see the value, plus I am halfway through the quest and have no idea what I need to do. I only hunt dillos now, so I dont think it would help me anyways. Unless someone could steer me the other way into getting one, it wont happen.
Re: Questions 12/20/2008 10:52 AM CST
<<1) Has anyone used a crossbow as their HW before? Does it actually work?>>

I remember a post way back listing the weapon types and ranged wasnt 1 of them. Besides, the bow wont be touching the critters it will be the bolts.

<<2) Am I right in remembering that your HW no longer breaks if runs out of charges?>>

Yup tho i've never tested that myself.

<<3) The guy on Kresh said something about it being bad if you used your HW while you had a poor soul state, anyone know exactly how bad or what happens if you use it like that?>>

No clue since souls state is easy for me. I'd have to intentionally tank it and im too lazy. Plus I use my holy weapon to collect dust in the vault.

<<4) Where exactly on Kresh is the recharge site? I'm running around this garden trying to renew my HW but it keeps saying...>>

When your praying to Chadatru make sure you use pray chadatru. I've noticed that pray chad doesnt work for me. If you still get the normal pray response then your in the wrong spot. If your in a recharge spot and you have stuff in your hands you should get a message telling you to empty your hands.

Its been a bit so Im not certain about the directions. Starting from the inner square, sw room you go in the garden then cross a small bridge then end up at a large statue of a faceless warrior surrounded by lions. I think thats the spot but you might have to go statue or dais or something like that.

<<I'm wondering if the lack of response>>

When it comes to askin questions you have to wait at a week for player responses. Give em at least a full weekend. As far as GMs go in 6 weeks Mace couldnt find me in game or find 5 minutes to send me an email. I've been posting for months that Maece knows the limitations on holy weapons and she hasnt bothered to post them yet. If a few minutes of typing is such a strain then you have to lower your expectations accordingly.

<<If I ever move to Shard, I'll probably get it out. >>

I hunt around Shard and I only pull out my holy hunk-o-junk after iv circled a few times or raised my charisma some. I top off the charge then dump it back in the vault. Other than an undead invasion there isnt a need to carry it around.

I'd still advise people to do the quest and get it. Just dont buy into the hype that its anything other than a lightly buffed and fluffed weapon. Dont do the quest until your 55th circle or higher tho. All the fixes that have made our skills less useful makes the quest critters harder. Thats why people coming back from a long break get mangled by the critters they used to hunt regular. The joke of it is the quest gets harder but the benefits dont improve.

Besides, maybe 1 day there will be some game wide reason that holy weapons need an update. Thats why the spells are being redone. We'd probably get squat otherwise except for some titles.

AKA Rumael
Prev_page Previous 1 3