Prev_page Previous 1
Another Survey 05/12/2003 08:21 PM CDT
Another survey here. On your top ten list who would you consider to be the best of the best within the guild ranks. This is completely up to you, and you can base it off any standards you want. From being the most honorable to being the most skilled in combat, to making the best suit of armor. I'd appreciate it if you could include maybe a sentence or two explaining each paladin you ranked. Thanks for your help, trying to compile some info for the guild.

Brittany (...the player of Aspasia Darkbrook)

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Sir Cleoworth, paladin initiation speech.
Re: Another Survey (Guild's Best Posters) 05/12/2003 09:54 PM CDT
This is just my opinion, but i'm going to list who i think are our best posters (in no particular order and off the top of my head):

Daython
Lennon
Redarch
Krymson

That's my 82 Cents and I don't care if you don't want a damn Nickel

~Bombmaster Blasword
Re: Another Survey (Guild's Best Posters) 05/12/2003 10:15 PM CDT
Best in the guild?
Blas
Bistro
Lennon
Madagin (mad man)
Redarch

there are others i know i'm forgetting, but this would be my list of people i'd follow into the gates of hell with nothing more then a nod... guild members i've known for far too long to doubt their motives for i know they're always thinking of the guild first, personal issues second

Re: Another Survey (Guild's Best Posters) 05/13/2003 12:07 AM CDT
Okay, best Paladins, subjectively, based on ig responses and postage and in no particular order:

Madigan: It takes a strong guy to play the upright.

Daython: I mean, come on, what can't you like about this guy?

Blasword: He argues well, and knows what he's talking about.

Redarch: One of the first paladins I'd ever seen get Elanthian wide recognition by finding the Book of Chadatru

Candidus: He's a good mentor.

Lennon: Another guy who knows what he's talking about... Don't argue with him.

Bistro: Fear the Dragonknight!

Camen: Simple man, Simple Mission: Guard Theren.

And most intresting paladin to meet/read posts from/hear on the gweth award (most infamous paladin award) goes to... PUREBLADE!

-Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Another Survey (Guild's Best Posters) 05/13/2003 02:06 AM CDT
I would also include Hegemonic, even though he's been away for some time.

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 05:30 AM CDT
>Another survey here. On your top ten list who would you consider to be the best of the best within the guild ranks. This is completely up to you, and you can base it off any standards you want. From being the most honorable to being the most skilled in combat, to making the best suit of armor. I'd appreciate it if you could include maybe a sentence or two explaining each paladin you ranked. Thanks for your help, trying to compile some info for the guild.

In no special order
Relayer- him da man
Ciroce- hard workin Paladin and just da bestest
Dhargar- he just cracks me up and is a great fella and a damn good paladin
Daython-all for the guild and just a great paladin
Clynlyn- full of attitudes, but hell it makes sense when find out where he is from. Anyone who has put that much time and effort into forging armor commands a little respect.
Caxz- dark horse who gona suprise everyone.
Ruslip- just cose he a good fella and loves being a tin can as much as i does.
Redarch- kinda a paladins paladin.

There are other great paladins that i just havent thought of yet like Basselope? sp? who is pretty much just a RP kinda guy, samsaren? Ellsdragon?
come to think of it there are too many to name i could go on forever. Thanks for reminding me why I could never be anything else but a Paladin.

Michael.
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 07:25 AM CDT
Hmm very tricky but heres my top 10 ..

Stephania -- the Best of the best

the rest are in no real order, just a list as it came to mind

Bistro -- He's the reason Ruslip started training all the weapons
Rayac -- A paladin to the death and a great friend
Michael -- A true paladin at heart, always willing to help
Redarch -- The Dwarven master Paladin, utmost respect
Madigan -- A calm figure in a storm and a torrent in battle
Nixieg -- A stand up guy and all round Paladin
Lennon -- Taught me about forging, no easy task, and still one of the best
Hegemonic -- Nothing turned him away from his Paladin Ideals.
Clynlyn -- If for nothing else, his tireless work in the forge was awe inspiring

Notable others prolly go on far too long .. but Sejanes, Ciroce, Phanton, Ellsdragon, Daython
Caxz, Cristhoph, Coine, Sigarra and Saggitarri.

Ruslip the fat n ugly Dwarf

You do realise its just words.. RIGHT ?
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 11:05 AM CDT
Paladins I admire:

1 - Leucius.
2 - Kronum.
3 - Ruslip.
4 - Profesie.
5 - Amberre.
6 - Redarch.
7 - Madigan.
8 - Matalynd
9 - Bistro.
10 - Elmrond.

In no order but those are the ones that I consider greatest Paladins. I could probably fill a page with names of folks I admire as well but that's not the purpose.

Phanton
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 11:15 AM CDT
Another paladin that should be included:

Taghz

~ The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor the ear filled with hearing.
That which hath been is that
which shall be,
And that which hath been done is that
which shall be done;
And there is nothing new under the sun.
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 01:08 PM CDT
Another paladin that should be included:

Just remembered.. now that he is back with us again... Aaiyaah.

Redarch
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 02:35 PM CDT
Lessee, who am I gonna forget here...

Nisondra - The first person and Paladin I meet.
Portense - The first of many to drag my dead carcass to saftey. I train brawling and LT cause of Port.
Redarch - For telling a confused Paladin about Sablina's and all the questions since.
Drongol - The first non-happy huggy person I met, and Elfcleava.
Daython - For my first set of gauntlets, forged at that.
Creast - My first Ride, and dieing twice on it.
Bistro - The box popper, "I always got time for one more, bro."
Raidusk - If the heavy cookie eating lizard wasn't around, there was always Raid to open my boxes, happily.
Teilnsar - My soulstone.
Ocelott - My first set of HP, no more leathers.
Clynlyn - The set of plate I wear to this day.
Glemm - For telling me about the CDL.
Ruslip - cause he's fat 'n ugly and on the same side of the pond. ;)
Shandia - She knows why.

Chestham

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 03:44 PM CDT

My list:

All those goodly paladins who aren't that well known and didn't get a mention, but doesn't let obscurity stop them.
So they don't feel left out or get unsung.

Dandon

"If they ever come up with a swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something" ~ Jack Handy
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 04:55 PM CDT
I hear that Deutz guy is pretty nice... bit of a nerd... but he's a good guy <smile>

No but seriously, I agree with everyone on the names mentioned above.. all of them deserve praise as all of them brought something new to our guild. Hooray for Paladins!!!

Deutz
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 07:19 PM CDT
Daython: Paladin Exemplar

Krymson: Passionate philosopher and advocate

Rock: Paladin Marine Corps Gunnery Sargent Loyalheart

Canaw: Unyielding advocate

Sir Beren: Paladin Guild Leader Exemplar

Glenlivet
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 07:59 PM CDT
As always, it is truely humbling to be mentioned among fine paladins. I admire many of our paladins, but to list them would be too long. I will however mention some of my first mentors within the guild. Truely, they formed Madigan's ideas and principals:

Erieck
Towerlocke
Krymson
Tigerfang
Buzzle
Michael (old version) (although I like the new version just fine as well)
Teilnsar
Khayree

Bottom line is that we are really blessed to have so many good people within our ranks.

Madigan
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 09:17 PM CDT
<<Drongol - The first non-happy huggy person I met, and Elfcleava.>>

ElfcleavER. He can't help it that nobody understands proper common, after all.

In related news, I now have an overpriced cable connection, so I can actually post again. Be afraid.

Drongol's Player
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 09:36 PM CDT
Ponders..... well I will mention one because he has rarely recieved what is due to him. I agree with most of the names mentioned and feel honored to be one of them.......

So to the guy that kept my spirits up and my life together and reminded me that the folks need a leader even when you feel like everything is lost, your life has ended and you feel so incredibly helpless and weak. Someone who stood by me and encouraged me to recall those things I knew were true and right and must be done. A silent presence that showed courage through persistance. In ways I was a bit surprised, which was a good thing for it showed me the steadfast heart of the guild. During the Sorrow wars when I felt lost and ready to crumble at the death of Lissanda, it was Taghz that built me back up.

So a bow and a bended knee to the model of persistance and dedication to the guild in Taghz. I don't believe I ever properly said thank you so allow this to serve the purpose.

Daython
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 10:05 PM CDT
I havn't been around too long, about a year and a half to be exact. I was in the realms shortly after the migration however but only lasted about 8 months before hanging up my sword and shiled. I must say a list of the Best of the BEST shouldn't been so long. Afterall we're talking about the elite of the elite of the elite. Paladins are allready honorable and skillfull warriors by defintion. Take the best out of those and then make a list of the best of those. That's what you should really be posting.

My list would include the following.

1-Daython- Prolly the best in combat, and a great forger. Also a big stickler for ethics.
2-Quicknickle- Forges a mean set of armor too, can fight like the devil. Very generous and humble. Sure most of us are generous to one extent or another. But Quick stands out above the rest in this department.
3-Hartblest- From what I know and heard about him. He's fairly similar to Daython in his combat skill and dedication to ethics. From what I've seen of him, I'm obliged to agree.
4-Clynlyn- Probably the best forger of armor around. And a very skilled warrior.
5-Baltiziel- Highly motivated, exteremeley dedicated. Very dependable and a gifted leader.
6-Aspasia- Unflinching advocate of honor and virtue. A brilliant debater. Practices what she preaches. (Hasn't been mentioned yet.)
7-Teilnsar- Outstanding Rper, knows his elven herritage like the back of his hand. And a gifted warrior as well.
8-Ellsdragon- He's been a mentor for a long time. He knows the ins and outs of DR. His experience and knowledge are a valuable assett to our guild.
9-Hegemonic- Very reliable and trustworthy. I'd place my life in his hands. Has proven to be a great leader.
10-Wamphyr- Brilliant and highly intelligent. I've enjoyed reading many of his posts before.

The guild is full of honorable and noteworthy people, sure I could whip up a list of my best paladin friends. But that's not what the list is about. Admittedly, this list is only comprised of those I know about. But these above exemplify standards that stand out from our guild of outstanding people.

THE MEISTRO Prydean Paladin
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 10:51 PM CDT
>>Another survey here. On your top ten list who would you consider to be the best of the best within the guild ranks. This is completely up to you, and you can base it off any standards you want. From being the most honorable to being the most skilled in combat, to making the best suit of armor. I'd appreciate it if you could include maybe a sentence or two explaining each paladin you ranked. Thanks for your help, trying to compile some info for the guild.

These are, in my opinion, some of the best paladins out there. IMHO, true examples of what a paladin should be. In no particular order (and I know I'm almost definitely missing some people):

1. Redarch
2. Ciroce
3. Sigarra
4. Ruslip
5. Lennon
6. Kedri
7. Erieck
8. Tyden
9. Cristoph
10. Sagittarii
11. Daython
12. Dolph

~Coine

"We have met the enemy and it is us."
---Walt Kelly
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 11:14 PM CDT
"We have met the enemy and it is us."
---Walt Kelly

Ok see ive never said that

Tyden, aka Walter Kelly
Re: Another Survey 05/13/2003 11:32 PM CDT
Anybody remember cot tens? Thats the first paladin I heard of when I came to the realms, it might have been a story though.

TF paladin
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 12:32 AM CDT
Man, looking over the lists, I missed a bunch of paladins in mine...
so, suffice it to say that I want to add Dandon's post to mine, along with everyone elses.

-Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 03:23 AM CDT
I'm not usually one togive praise and adoration on the boards, usually it is saved for in game. However, well that is rather difficult seeing that I am no longer playing. My list is not of the top 10 Paladins, nor those who are popular or the most vocal. My list is of those I feel have either shown themselves to be excellent examples of Paladins in the game, either across all domains or within one or two. These are the individuals in which I have personally seen some gleam of potential. These are not in any order and I don't even know who's still left in the game anymore. So without further adue...

Rekon - A great up-and-coming Paladin. A bit to ambitious for my taste, but he is a true friend, and I've never seen him turn away someone who needs a hand. If he would just learn some patience he'll be one of the big ones.

Deutz - A scholarly whelp, friendly and always ready to lend a hand. Someone I am proud to consider a personal Squire.

Ecoles - A smart trainer, sometimes quick to judge, but someone that will drop what hes doing if you need his help.

Khayree - The perfect example of a female Paladin. Courteous and courageous, a true friend.

Sagittarii - Always a great guy to be around. A fine example of a Paladin, and one who will be remembered for years to come.

Phanton - While I don't get along or agree with his player, I think that the aid he gives to young Paladins is praiseworthy.

Thorbain - Again just an all-around nice guy, and one I would trust with my sister (assuming I had one).

Chestham - Always liked this guy. A fine upstanding Paladin.

Necidem - Well he's Lennon's bro, I had to mention him.

Divy - A fine lass, Khayreeesque.

Maliktoo - Another fine example of a Paladin, at least in my mind.

Coine - Say what you will about this lass, shes got spunk, and is a trustworthy Paladin. I'd even let her date my sister, hehe.

Sheesh there are so many others, but I am drawing a blank. See what happens when you don't play the game for a while and the useless stuff you teach and study for your dissertation takes over? ANYWAY, all these people in my mind are excellent examples of up-and-coming Paladins. If we can ever get some of the old geezers to give up the reigns to the guild they will be the ones in charge. Hehehe. Well, except for Khay, shes older than most of the geezers ::snicker::

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Big as Pebbles, Strong as Talc, Smarter than you, I am - Lennon's Bulldog
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 09:37 AM CDT
Lennon,

Excellent. I hadn't considered that slant on the survey... "Which Paladins would I feel comfortable leading our Guild in the years to come".

And you know, there ain't a one on your list I don't agree with.

One more name that come to my mind... Drandon.

Still young and growing, but already shows the desire to learn more than the average. Holds good, strong opinions. Some I disagree with, but he believes deeply AND is willing to listen and consider other views too. Very rare, even among us "elders".

Redarch
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 09:37 AM CDT
I will say that even being mentioned among all these great names is an honor. Thank you.

Deutz
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 03:51 PM CDT
Thank you all for your lists and thoughts. They will all come in handy.

Thanks again, Brittany (...the player of Aspasia Darkbrook)

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Sir Cleoworth, paladin initiation speech.
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 04:56 PM CDT
Ack, stop shining that light over here, it disrupts those shadows of anonymity I like to work in.

Chestham

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
George Orwell
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 05:25 PM CDT
>"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

>Sir Cleoworth, paladin initiation speech.

Very nice quote. Can you please fix it? His name is Cleworth. No offense intended, but every time I read that I get a mental image of Miss Cleo with a mustache and plate mail. ::shudders::

~Coine

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning."
---from 'Apocalypse Now'
Re: Another Survey 05/14/2003 06:25 PM CDT
<<Sir Beren: Paladin Guild Leader Exemplar>>

Amen! And don't forget he took one for the team.

Canaw, Advocate of Sir Beren
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 01:03 AM CDT
Well after pouring back over the responses to my survey I thought I'd add my two cents in. These are paladins who aren't necessarily of any particular renown, fame or recognition. They haven?t necessarily held off onslaughts of S'lai invaders or helped defend Shard from the Ghorbesh. They haven?t reclaimed the lost book of Chadatru or invented the cheese grater. They don't necessarily have allot of friends or are a part of a clique of notables.

These are people who from my opinion deserve profound respect and reverence because they stand up for what they believe. They are outspoken, sometimes under-appreciated, advocates of their ideals and beliefs. They speak their minds in an articulate and passionate manner, sometimes sacrificing popularity in the course. Oft times their candor rubs people the wrong way. But these are MY kind of people, sometimes sarcastic, they're not neccesarily rude or mean, but they don't throw softballs either. So here's a shout out to all of you.... welcome to Aspasia's list of the Honorably Outspoken.

Drongol
Ashkei
Krymson
Lennon
Glemm
Baltiziel
Tarmina
Rock
Shivus

Some of these names made the more "popular" lists. Some of them didn?t'. Some are no longer with us. Despite what you think of these names, they all are very passionate in what they believe. I respect people who have the courage to say what they honestly think and then have the fortitude to defend their views. All these people exemplify this. Some are brave and ardent posters who will take on the whole guild to defend their position, others are people who have sacrificed allot for the sake of their beliefs and leadership. Nobody is perfect but to make this list you don't have to be. You just have to have a spine and be willing to champion your beliefs.

Salute!

Brittany (..the player of Aspasia Darkbrook)

Sir CLEworth, paladin initiation speech.

(Thanks Coine)
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 03:03 AM CDT
Geez you guys...I truly didn't realize how much I missed ya all till I started reading all the responses both here and in the General Discussions Folder -- all this reminiscing brought back so many many great memories.

Not sure what you're collecting the information for Aspasia <by the way...Hi!!>, but I'm sure glad you decided to do it.

Khayree
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 08:28 AM CDT
<<In related news, I now have an overpriced cable connection, so I can actually post again. Be afraid.

muwhahhahaha, i await the onslaught of 10 post a minute between us , drongol.

Clynlyn

http://www.annotatedboredom.com/houseofownzing

-The long road of life is travelled slowly, with each step placed in front of the last.
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 08:37 AM CDT
Brittany,

I fully agree with your list and would add two more names of "those who hold their beliefs and convictions passionately" and are willing to enter into vigorous debate:

Phanton
Madigan

Redarch
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 09:38 AM CDT
<<muwhahhahaha, i await the onslaught of 10 post a minute between us , drongol.>>

Don't hold your breath, no offense meant. Although I still enjoy Dragonrealms quite a bit, I've come to the conclusion that the game truly isn't worth wasting more than a trifling amount of time on, at least in its current state. Perhaps once new stuff comes out, I'll be more active, but as of right now, all I can think is "Do I really need to get those 19 more ranks in HP to circle again?"

While I appreciate all the work the staff puts into this game, situations like this really don't motivate me to play more. And if I'm not playing, I don't see much of a reason to post all that often.

Drongol's Player
Re: Another Survey 05/15/2003 05:21 PM CDT
<lol>

Honorably Outspoken, pretty much sums it up, Blasword could also be included in the outspoken list.

Shivus

PS: How did you remember me Brittany?
Re: Another Survey 05/16/2003 12:10 AM CDT
As an underdog myself, here is my top 5 pallies who sometimes slip under the radar:

1. Madigan: O.k. so no underdog here, but he's an old friend/fine paladin <and if I praise him here maybe he will quit naggin me to join his possee>

2.Leucius: Good roleplayer, funny guy, tastes like chicken.

3.Laythor: Comedic value is highly underrated. The clown prince <newt?> of Paladins.

4.Caxz: Should in no way be considered a 'dark horse'. Watch this guy in action.

5.Divy: Our guild sweetheart. The purest heart I have seen in anyone over the years.

One to be watched: Samsaren. I expect great things of this young knight. Great roleplayer.

Gaddor

p.s. - <this post script dedicated to the Redarches and
Taghz who are obvious studs>
p.s.s- Oh yeah Sagitarii you rock!

"Immerse your soul in love." -Thom Yorke
Re: Another Survey 05/16/2003 01:39 PM CDT

<<Necidem - Well he's Lennon's bro, I had to mention him.

Glad to know someone loves me... :chortles:

Was Neci

DR DE RLH
ZAA ZAD1 ZBM2 AR (http://www.txarmymars.org/zsig01.htm)
Re: Another Survey 05/16/2003 06:30 PM CDT
Oh yes, one must mention Necidem!

Some time ago he took time to talk with a very sad little warrior mage who wanted more than anything to end her life. Thanks to him, she didn't: She became a barbarian instead. Well- now the barbarian has been laid to rest. But she sends her thanks for his kindness.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy
Re: Another Survey 05/17/2003 01:26 AM CDT
...nothing like a good blush at three in the morn....Thanks Gadorr

Samsaren Remlane
...The way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
Miyamoto Musashi
A Book of Five Rings
Re: Another Survey 05/17/2003 10:57 PM CDT
I was a newt, but i got better!

for anyone who was around a few years ago when i turned into the worlds biggest arse, they know why i'm much more light hearted now...

And i whole heartedly include Madigan on my list... heck, he got me to defend Theren with him against Hafwa's and the like... and i hate Theren! <grin>

Mad-Man courages are good for what ails ya