Someone bring me food.... 05/15/2003 07:34 PM CDT
Hello brothers.

If I seem absent of late, I am living in the forge on Aesry. I'm aiming to impress Charlie someday, and its time to get seriuos! ;)~ So if someone could be so kind as bring me substance every now and again, it would be appreciated! <would love to wrok with some of you also, if any of you are lacking climbing!>

Anyway, here's my first great helm in a long while.

The great helm is plate.

The helm looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

head
neck
right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a great helm appears to impose light maneuvering hindrance and offers:
high protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and good damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and good damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only maneuvering in a great helm you would be unhindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered.

You are certain that the great helm is very strong, and is in pristine condition.

The great helm is made with metal.
You estimate that the great helm weighs exactly 152 stones.

Gadorr

"Immerse your soul in love." -Thom Yorke
Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/16/2003 07:14 AM CDT
Erm, another great helm. I think I got this mix from Gottimus. If so, nice mix Gott!

You feel certain that a great helm appears to impose fair maneuvering hindrance and offers:
high protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
good protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.

If you were only maneuvering in a great helm you could expect to be unhindered.

You are certain that the great helm is very strong, and is in pristine condition.

The great helm is made with metal.
You are confident that the great helm might weigh a few hundred stones.

Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/16/2003 08:45 AM CDT
How much weight is the second one? for those stats, seems to be quite a bit more then the 152

--Weebles wobble but the don't fall down! or do they?!?
Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/16/2003 08:48 AM CDT
oh for sure. its around 320.

Gadorr

Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/17/2003 12:47 AM CDT
>oh for sure. its around 320.

try 2 iron + 2 lead then 3.5 dust if you have enough mech and hp n lp you should get the the same, just a lot lighter

Michael.
Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/17/2003 07:59 AM CDT
i havent seen good impact on anything lighter than 296. well i do remember 278 as being one , but its been so long i am not sure if i confused it for a higher weight. At 250 i can get great slice prot, but not good impact.

Clynlyn

http://www.annotatedboredom.com/houseofownzing

-The long road of life is travelled slowly, with each step placed in front of the last.
Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/17/2003 01:27 PM CDT
<<try 2 iron + 2 lead then 3.5 dust if you have enough mech and hp n lp you should get the the same, just a lot lighter

Heh, care to expand on that a bit Mikey? Which mix are ya referring to?

Gad

Re: Someone bring me food.... 05/17/2003 01:44 PM CDT
he meant that it can make great slice protection on slice. at the weight of 258 stones

Clynlyn

http://www.annotatedboredom.com/houseofownzing

-The long road of life is travelled slowly, with each step placed in front of the last.
Smithing for the youths.. 06/07/2003 01:39 AM CDT
Big buys always capping stuff getting you down, I say this...Its possible to get good stuff, without the overwhelming armor ranks those big chaps have worked so hard to earn(koodos to you buys though, I keep hearin about how it was, and shudder)..

You feel certain that some gauntlets appear to impose fair maneuvering hindrance and offers:
good protection and good damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and good damage absorption for slice attacks.
fair protection and good damage absorption for impact attacks.

Not capped, but sure beats storebaught. Thanks much to Phanton for the mixing help and the blows to the head to keep at it. And thanks to Gadorr for askin crazy questions and makin me learn the beginnings of this stuff. Cheers guys!

Samsaren Remlane
...The way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death.
Miyamoto Musashi
A Book of Five Rings
Re: Smithing for the youths.. 06/07/2003 05:44 AM CDT
Nice work Samsaren!

Told you you'd get there.

Phanton
Re: Smithing for the youths.. 06/07/2003 02:05 PM CDT
Hmm...

Well you're getting there.

Ask me for tips on how to make better stuff, though... we're at around the same skill level, but I can nearly cap gauntlets.
Re: Smithing for the youths.. 06/08/2003 12:08 AM CDT
Great job Sams!! My boy!

Gad

P.S.- Charlie? Hello? I need to see a man about a horse....

Question about silver..... 06/17/2003 03:50 PM CDT
Okay I know silver sucks as a metal for smithing. However, can anyone tell me about how many tiny nuggets/massive nuggets/bars would it take to make a full set of feild plate? And any smith out there willing to try their hand at forging a set of solid silver plate?

Brittany (...the player of Aspasia Darkbrook)

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Sir Cleworth, paladin initiation speech.

"The truth will set you free...but first it pisses you off."

Anonymous
Re: Question about silver..... 06/17/2003 10:33 PM CDT
Just for kicks, track me down, and I'll toss a hunka silver in a set of gauntlets, any excuse to hide in the forge works for me.

im- HIMKoI

Samsaren Remlane
I stand, here and now, proudly declaring, I am a Paladin.
Remember those that came before, remember honor.
Re: Question about silver..... 06/17/2003 11:30 PM CDT
I've collected probablly about 20 bars, and nuggets worth of silver. Not sure how much I need to make a full set of armor. Would look purty though.

Brittany

"If ever the Darkness should conquer the Light, the last gleam shall come from the uplifted blade of one of a righteous Paladin."

Anonymous
Re: Question about silver..... 06/18/2003 12:02 AM CDT
>I've collected probablly about 20 bars, and nuggets worth of silver. Not sure how much I need to make a full set of armor. Would look purty though.

Just so ya know Brittany, if you make something from silver, say a half plate, it won't come out as a 'silver half plate'. No matter what it's made from, it will just come out as a 'half plate', if you want it to be silver you can take it to a dyer shop.

Dragoonseal
Re: Question about silver..... 06/18/2003 12:42 AM CDT
Now that sucks. Should post a suggestion asking for metal types to be seen.

Anonymous
Re: Question about silver..... 06/18/2003 12:44 AM CDT
If I made something out of silver it should say a set of feild plate made of solid silver. Not a Gleaming silver set of field plate.

Anonymous
Re: Question about silver..... 06/18/2003 03:01 AM CDT
Maybe when the next generation of forging comes out...

Cavalier Calemnon
Re: Question about silver..... 06/19/2003 11:19 AM CDT
> If I made something out of silver it should say a set of feild plate made of solid silver. Not a Gleaming silver set of field plate

I'd like to see this too (bronze, brass, steel, etc), but as for silver currently, take a look at how it affects the statistics of the armour when included in a mix. It isn't terribly valueable as a forging component at the moment though - IMHO of course.

Cheers - Cyllwdd
Re: Question about silver..... 06/19/2003 01:32 PM CDT
You're about right, Cyllwdd. I asked a similar question about using silver when forging a blade nearly a year ago, and all the experienced weaponsmiths said that silver really was not that useful in forging.

That aside though- I really would like to see silver or whatever show up in the description of a forged item.

Perhaps that can be a future item when weapon and armor enchanting come out?

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy
Re: Question about silver..... 06/22/2003 04:47 PM CDT
One of the things you can get when you 'analyze' something is what it's made of. Here's an Example:

It contains steel with a low amount of carbon.

So you can tell what's it's made of...just need to do a bit of forging before you can see that.

Phanton
I feel cheated... 06/26/2003 07:45 PM CDT
You tap some finished silver plates that you are holding.
>fit my plates final
Finishing with a flourish your new piece of armor awaits the first true test of battle.

>tap gau
You tap some gauntlets that you are holding.
fun to mess with though.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: I feel cheated... 06/26/2003 11:33 PM CDT
pokes... at least post the crazy app of those things.

Daython
Re: I feel cheated... 06/27/2003 02:17 AM CDT
fair hinderance
m/m/f mod abs, average construct.

Not to mention, I couldn't analzye it, was like I'd started over for trying to forge something so crazy. Ah well, was a neat thing to try, pity you can't melt gems or toss em in the final product or something.

Samsaren Remlane
Sometimes it pays to be stubborn. 07/02/2003 09:57 AM CDT
The plate greaves are heavy plate.

The greaves look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right leg
left leg

You feel certain that some plate greaves appear to impose insignificant maneuvering hindrance and offers:
good protection and high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
moderate protection and high damage absorption for impact attacks.

Thanks for the mix, and the rune Phanton. Considering I'm one of the smallest paladins to post often, I'd say this shows hope for the people my age and older. Keep at it, and work LP, wish mine was up with HP. If anyones interested, I'll have these weighted, or Phanton probibly knows the weight off the top of his head(if he beats me to replying). Cheers all.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Sometimes it pays to be stubborn. 07/03/2003 09:30 AM CDT
Way to go Samsaren!

Nice work.

They are 102 stones.

Phanton
Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 05:30 AM CDT
So with these new burden changes, I needed to finally let go of my Clynlyn beast half plate that I've worn for quite awhile. I'm cheap, he sold it for cheap, so why bother getting something new? Being 5:00am, I didn't find a Trader selling anything.

So, I took out a plat and a half and tried making some of my own.

First time it broke. Being a cheap-o, I remelted and then set out pounding again.

Stat Pureblade's Clynlyn's
Weight 630 850
Slice high/great high/great
Puncture high/great high/great
Impact moderate/great moderate/great

You are certain that the half plate is about as strong as the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is somewhat easier to maneuver with than the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is about as resistant to fire and is about as absorptive of fire as the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is about as resistant to cold and is about as absorptive of cold as the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is about as resistant to electricity and is about as absorptive of electricity as the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is a little less resistant to puncture damage and is a little less absorptive of puncture damage than the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is a little less resistant to slice damage and is a little less absorptive of slice damage than the polished black plate.
You are certain that the half plate is about as resistant to impact damage and is a little less absorptive of impact damage than the polished black plate.
You wonder if the half plate weighs somewhat less than the polished black plate.
[Roundtime: 8 seconds]

So I figure it's not that bad, considering I didn't think I'd make something presentable at all.

PS: Why does the analyze read this? Beyond the missing period, I mean.

The half plate is a forged plate piece of armor.
*It was made by someone with much greater skill than your own*
It is in perfect condition.
It is an extremely easy piece to make.
Obviously, this was made by an apprentice level smith.

Roundtime: 15 seconds.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 10:57 AM CDT
<<So with these new burden changes, I needed to finally let go of my Clynlyn beast half plate that I've worn for quite awhile. I'm cheap, he sold it for cheap, so why bother getting something new? Being 5:00am, I didn't find a Trader selling anything.

cheap would mean there was a price, i believe you got it for free.

<<compare app

the compare is about what it should be since that 850 one had slightly higher numbers in it. And there is a bit of skill difference between what i was then and what your skill is now. But all in all usable. The reason i liked that half plate was that it had under magic 1.x it had incredible absorbtion.

<<analyze

unfortunately your smithing counter is low. Much like appraisel if your analyze "ranks" are too low, you get incorrect messaging.

Clynlyn

http://www.houseofownzing.com

!Coming Soon

Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 11:01 AM CDT
>>cheap would mean there was a price, i believe you got it for free.

Ugh, I completely forget if I paid or not. I just know it was a beastly weight and experimental. I loved it until the new burden changes. ;)

>>The reason i liked that half plate was that it had under magic 1.x it had incredible absorbtion.

Yea, I remember that. ::mourns:: It's still really good after, too.

>>unfortunately your smithing counter is low. Much like appraisel if your analyze "ranks" are too low, you get incorrect messaging.

Got ya. I didn't know it worked that way. Thanks. :)

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com

Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 12:59 PM CDT
Gotta love how analyze works, I've a piece I WATCHED Phanton forged, and I can see it as Relayer's, Madgar, Gadorr, Myself, and so forth. I figure I'll just take a weekend, forge about 200 items, and get that better.....Anyone have spare zepher runes?

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 02:08 PM CDT
>I figure I'll just take a weekend, forge about 200 items, and get that better.....Anyone have spare zepher runes?

I'm insulted that technically its possible to do just that. My analyze times for plate and chain have all been from working with mixes, developing the 'best' mix, and not just blasting away on iron bars to snag a bigger counter.

-Slaris, Tursa reness kad fruna.
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/19/2003 10:18 PM CDT
<<I'm insulted that technically its possible to do just that. My analyze times for plate and chain have all been from working with mixes, developing the 'best' mix, and not just blasting away on iron bars to snag a bigger counter.>>

Heh. You can't get anywhere near 40,000 platinum kronars if you just use one mix. Unless you have rare materials to spare. :)

-Krin Jr.

Goals in Life:

1. Aspire to be the boardmonkey champion.
2. Write epic story length posts that put me to sleep (along with everyone else).
3. Learn the art of frolicking. It's useful AND fun, yay!
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 05:21 AM CDT
You assume I'd just pound gauntlets, I'm trying to find my top mixes for various armors(not to mention figure out when crap compresses ahhhh), if you wanna nit pick, come watch sometime. Learn then fact, then try to blast people.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 10:16 AM CDT
>You assume I'd just pound gauntlets, I'm trying to find my top mixes for various armors(not to mention figure out when crap compresses ahhhh), if you wanna nit pick, come watch sometime. Learn then fact, then try to blast people.

200 in a weekend while testing mixes? I won't beleive it for a minute. You said yourself you would take a weekend and 'fix' your low analyze, I'm just pointing out that 'anyone' who just pounds out ingots/gauntlets/gloves to increase the counter is as cheap as they get, and that I don't like it that it's technically possible. If you consider my opinion a personal blast, I'm terribly sorry.

Yes, I would assume the fastest mix to pound is an iron plate/wire at 51 stone @ 10 (plate), 9 (chain) volume.

As far as compression, I know a few things about what works, but not the secret number. I've used alot of trial and error (and made alot of bin quality armor) to determine end weight at higher densities. I'd happily share what I know IG.

Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 10:34 AM CDT
<,Yes, I would assume the fastest mix to pound is an iron plate/wire at 51 stone @ 10 (plate), 9 (chain) volume.>>

One lead bar for gauntlets (cheapest and quickest) if you got decent mech it hardly ever breaks if you wait till white hot ::hums::

Ellsdragon
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 10:48 AM CDT
>One lead bar for gauntlets (cheapest and quickest) if you got decent mech it hardly ever breaks if you wait till white hot ::hums::

Now the counter monkeys have teh mad secret recipe. Best. Mix. Evar.

I withdraw my complaint as it's hateful, backwards, and inconsistant with the principles of a skill based game. The smithing counter should be trained like any other skill. Shame on me.

Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 11:16 AM CDT
<<200 in a weekend while testing mixes? I won't beleive it for a minute. You said yourself you would take a weekend and 'fix' your low analyze, I'm just pointing out that 'anyone' who just pounds out ingots/gauntlets/gloves to increase the counter is as cheap as they get, and that I don't like it that it's technically possible. If you consider my opinion a personal blast, I'm terribly sorry.

i've made 500 pieces of armor in a 36 hour period. Ask Naria. Its not impossible. THat alone was why i was rated number one in the smithing charts for a while. Prolly not even in the top 10 anymore cause i really dont forge enough anymore. But the way I do mixes for large orders of like 50 LP and HP gauntlets, 40 LP helms + 40 HP helms, 25 field plate armors 25 half plates, and more stuff. I remember the first time Naria had an order, and i tripled the order so i wouldnt have to forge for a month. She had to make 5 more mules to carry all that I gave her. I normally didnt do more than 200 pieces, since i can do that in a 12-14 hour period. But i've done 500+ 2x. One in a 36 hour period and another one in 54. And the 54 one was cause of too much crashing. Game was crashing every 4-5 hours.

Clynlyn

!Coming Soon

Check out Genie2

http://www.clanshroud.org/genie
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 11:19 AM CDT
I would never use lead or any base metal to make the counter go faster. People think just making it from metal adds to the counter. But metals have factors of how malleable the metal is (not flex.) To use as a basis, Kertig is the hardest metal to work, so for the counter it gives off the most "exp" for the counter. zinc and lead are prolly the worst. Steel is pretty good right in the middle. I would use any form of steel, because you can at least resell the items or make a better attempt of having someone be able to use it. And there are ways to cheat the counter. I can prolly run my way up to the top Roundtime with a few scripts and about 2500 plat.

Clynlyn

!Coming Soon

Check out Genie2

http://www.clanshroud.org/genie
Re: Hey, I can actually WEAR this. 08/20/2003 11:40 AM CDT
200 in a weekend testing mixes is easy, might take a hair longer now that I finish a decent proportion[4/5]. Every mix I make 4, mix four, while those cool, mix a new mix(varing by one stone if I'm lucky) and so on, seeing what the best stats per hinderance I can get on each piece type, and just keep everything in rotation. if I wanted to just be a counter monkey, it wouldn't take a weekend, or runes(use em for HES, which I wouldn't do on a ATK scripted counter boosting run).

Keep in mind, you don't know me, nor how I work. Don't snap at me till you know what the whole story is.

Samsaren Remlane