KF 01/12/2017 12:53 AM CST
Can't believe i completely blanked on Kolberoc. Just realized it was Ealuik's last name. Oh how quickly the dead are forgotten.

In light of this, if the spellname hasn't changed and sees release I think it's only appropriate that Ealuik's sorcerous force ghost teaches us/curses us with the spell at Silverclaw Hub (because it's very Ewok village).

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: KF 01/12/2017 02:50 AM CST
It's likely to change names (It's not a very Ealuik spell and I have a new theme for it).

How close is it to release? Hard to say. I've been tinkering with it lately. It's far from functional, let alone finished, but it's not very complex and something else I coded recently kind of acted like a proof of concept.

There's also another project fighting for my free time, of which I'll have very little of for the next two weeks or so.

-Raesh

"Sometimes, I worry that I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am..." - Mistborn
Re: KF 01/12/2017 03:59 PM CST
Did I miss something? What spell are you guys talking about? I don't see anything about a Kolberoc spell on elanthipedia.

- Navesi
Re: KF 01/12/2017 05:15 PM CST
>>Did I miss something? What spell are you guys talking about? I don't see anything about a Kolberoc spell on elanthipedia.

Teleologic Sorcery (Even moreso than the rest these names are likely to change)
Kolberoc's Fury - Warps fate to increase the caster's effectiveness with the a moonblade.
Teleologic Barrier - Uses observation pools to avoid incoming attacks (Post-Barrier Review).
Secret High Sorcery - One of the ideas behind High Sorcery is letting guilds access effects that would normally belong to another guild. This was the primary example of that in the TS book but is going to be revamped into a slightly different (though more useful) effect in a project that I can't talk about yet. The only reason I mention it here is because I believe I've discussed High Sorcery letting effects bleed over in the past and that's something Teleologic Sorcery struggles to do since it's so tightly bound to prophecy.

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/The%20Lunar%20Magic%20Spell%20Books/thread/1763986

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: KF 01/13/2017 01:11 PM CST
>> Kolberoc's Fury - Warps fate to increase the caster's effectiveness with the a moonblade.

I am very curious about this spell. Current teleologic sorcery hurts our predictions. So I am curious how this spell can be better than a 20% buff to a moonblade via capped prediction. Eagerly awaiting to see how this spell is going to work.
Re: KF 01/13/2017 01:24 PM CST
>>I am very curious about this spell. Current teleologic sorcery hurts our predictions. So I am curious how this spell can be better than a 20% buff to a moonblade via capped prediction.

I don't know if/how the spell might have chanced since a year ago, but I would imagine if you're already pretty deep in Teleologic Sorcery, you might not have access to those kinds of predictions. I'd also assume this spell is a lot easier/faster to get going than what you'd need to do for a prediction.

I do agree that there's a level of irony if someone uses this instead of a prediction, but at the same time I also think Sorcery sometimes has that level of "you didn't even need to do something so terrible why did you take an even harder path"

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: KF 01/13/2017 08:41 PM CST
Yes, to both.

-Raesh

"Sometimes, I worry that I’m not the hero everyone thinks I am..." - Mistborn