Re: Moon Mage titles 08/03/2010 06:04 PM CDT
I've got 440 escaping, so probably too high to be very useful.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/03/2010 07:42 PM CDT
I will confirm that Shadow Weaver has an escaping req - and it only reqs one spell that is not DO.

Shadow Magician is the second highest survival/stealth title before Goldcap Aspirant. The reqs are... not mild.

Omen and Ill Omen are correct - but there is also a prediction requirement. There is a prediction requirement on every title in the "prediction/astro" category.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/03/2010 09:49 PM CDT
I have just over 200 escaping but no Shadow Weaver. However I also don't have Shadow Web or Darkness.

Artificer Nilassa
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 12:54 AM CDT
Do only normal predictions count towards the counter or do tool predictions count also?
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 01:34 AM CDT
Both count now, however this wasn't always the case so any tool predictions done before that time did not count.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 12:53 PM CDT
Can someone post the new sect titles? I think I've seen the monks and compact but none of the others.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 01:15 PM CDT
This isn't a full list, but it should get you started from earlier in the thread:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=24&topic=21&message=1157

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 09:15 PM CDT
My moon mage has the Shadow Weaver title with 255 escaping.

You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Perception," you have notes on the Clear Vision [cv], Piercing Gaze [pg], Locate, Distant Gaze [dg], Seer's Sense [seer], and Aura Sight [aus] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Psychic Projection," you have notes on the Hypnotize [calm], Mental Blast [mb], Psychic Shield [psy], Shadowling, Shadow Servant, and Thoughtcast spells.

In the chapter entitled "Moonlight Manipulation," you have notes on the Shadows, Focus Moonbeam [fm], Dazzle, Refractive Field [rf], Tezirah's Veil [tv], Shift Moonbeam [sm], Dinazen Olkar [do], Crystal Spike [crs], Clarify Gem [cg], and Shadow Web [sdwb] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Transduction," you have notes on the Telekinetic Throw [tkt], Burn, Moonblade, Teleport, Telekinetic Storm [tks], Moongate [mg], Shape Moonblade [shmo], Seal of Deflection [sod], Unleash, Whole Displacement [wd], Contingency, Partial Displacement [pd], Ripple, Shear, Riftal Summons [rs], Imbue, Cage of Light [col], and Invocation of Energy [ioe] spells.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 09:31 PM CDT
As for the Wildcard title, I'm not sure if you figured that one out yet but i Just hit 350 Astro and no Wildcard. As I said before my magics are all within the 550-750 range.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 09:49 PM CDT
Kougen do you have an AIM we can send info to or would you prefer just the email version?

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 10:55 PM CDT
>Kougen do you have an AIM we can send info to or would you prefer just the email version?

I quit working on this. If someone wants to take over I can send my notes so far.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/04/2010 11:21 PM CDT
You can send me what you have, I'll try and figure out what I can.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 01:09 AM CDT
>>Can someone post the new sect titles? I think I've seen the monks and compact but none of the others.

Adding to HH:
Heritage Keeper, Archivist, Proctor, Bibliomancer

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 12:46 PM CDT
>You can send me what you have, I'll try and figure out what I can.

Sent to your play.net

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 01:27 PM CDT
Got a hold of it, went over it a few.

Fixed some stuff I did on my own and didn't post nothing major but filled in a good deal of the sect titles.

>>Kougen do you have an AIM we can send info to or would you prefer just the email version?
>>DAMIAN

If you don't mind sending your stuff to me, then I'll take over.

>>As for the Wildcard title, I'm not sure if you figured that one out yet but i Just hit 350 Astro and no Wildcard. As I said before my magics are all within the 550-750 range.
>>REAPERZ

If you don't mind sending me your info as well. You might be the key to actually figuring out that title.

I don't need everything, just magic, top weapons, top armor, any survivals you deem necessary and stats and spells. Yeah may be a lot but everything matters.

Unfortunately the sample size is still extremely small. And none of it is anywhere in the "low" range of circles so I can only take a guess at high mid- to high level characters.

I also need more info on the shadow weaver title.

Only thing I can tell right now is that it requires either Tezirah's Veil or Shadow Web and 150 escaping or more. Big holes everywhere.

Wild Card is....Easier to pin down.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 06:57 PM CDT
So far on Wild Card,

I'm at 650 PM / 650 Harness
with a possible req of 350 astro, which I can't confirm.

There is definitely no TM req attached to it.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 07:23 PM CDT
Double Post, but a cry out there to anybody who can hear it.

I have absolutely little to no information on the shadow weaver title. I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that the reqs for it are

Hiding - 400
Stalking - 400
Evasion - 300
Escaping - 200
Shadow Web spell

If anybody has Less than any of the stated above skills and the title please let me know, if you meet all of the above and do not have it, let me know as well.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 07:32 PM CDT
Might help on some of the bounding for Wildcard...

PM: 516
Harn: 571
PP: 576
Astro: 364

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/05/2010 08:52 PM CDT
>>Might help on some of the bounding for Wildcard...

Do you have the title or not?

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 06:24 AM CDT
I have wildcard

550+ astro
750+ PP
750+ MD
875+ Harness
850+ lunar magic
450+ TM
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 06:57 AM CDT
Is perhaps wildcard one of the sect titles?
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 07:46 AM CDT
>>Is perhaps wildcard one of the sect titles?

Doubtful. I have it and, like 90% of other Moon Mages from pre-2003, I'm Compact.

I can't add anything to the discussion except I am certain it is not tied to TM and have a suspicion it is tied to Charisma.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 09:32 AM CDT
>>...I am certain it is not tied to TM...

Yeah, my TM guess was a random idea before I understood the categories and progression better.

Could it just be the prediction counter?

__
* Sahfra was just struck down!
Tachid smugly says, "I'm telling Lyras. We should replace you.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 10:30 AM CDT
Wild card is a fairly standard medium-high level "magic" title. This category includes many of the old MM titles, reqs unchanged, and was mostly expanded to have a smoother progression.

This means they also all follow the same format of:

X Astro
Y PP

Where Y > X

Occasionally they have a spell req or other (non skill) based req for thematic reasons. Wild Card is not one of those.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 10:40 AM CDT
Which means that most of us are fairly useless barometers for its requirements, I guess, since everyone moves PP and Astro at their own pace after 70th or so.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 11:06 AM CDT
Well since you guys already have the order from earlier in the thread and these titles follow a narrow theme:

Lunarian, Astrologist and Astronomer all use to have the same req. As did Lightcrafter and Luminary (And Shadebringer for that matter, but Shadebringer suffered a different fate).

Astronomer - unchanged
Lunarian - harder
Wild Card - new
Astrologist - even harder
Lightcrafter - easier + Spellreqs
Luminary - unchanged

That should give you some boundaries to work with.

Note that there are still titles in the category that share reqs (Though none listed above) and the ratio of astro to PP is not constant. It starts at 2:1 and works it's way down to about 1.4:1.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 12:39 PM CDT
"but Shadebringer suffered a different fate)."

What fate was that?

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 12:40 PM CDT
Oh snap, that's pretty awesome. I like that scheme of title requirements, where skills relate to each other more so than just each having a base amount of ranks.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 01:13 PM CDT
I wasn't looking at PP, because Raesh said something about the astrology titles not needing PP anymore, threw me off.

But this being the case I'd say the closet thing I can get to reqs are

650 PP and 350 Astro

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 03:07 PM CDT
Shadebringer found a new, happier, shadier, home. However that home only exist in an earlier version of the new titles. Hopefully it'll return once some other things are resolved, but I cannot promise it.

As for astro vs PP - correct, the titles I classified as "astro" titles do not require PP (or at least most of them do not, I'm not at home to double check that they all do not). However the titles that I classified as magic kept to the traditional PP/Astro theme for MM titles with the emphasis on the magic (PP).

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/06/2010 08:09 PM CDT
"Shadebringer found a new, happier, shadier, home. However that home only exist in an earlier version of the new titles. Hopefully it'll return once some other things are resolved, but I cannot promise it."

ah. Yeah, I'd like to see that one return. I've been (slowly) working toward that one.

-Serc

"We, the disenfranchised men and women of Elanthia do, by the publishing of this accord, cast off the oppressive yoke of all law and nations and choose for ourselves a path of loyalty unto ourselves"
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/07/2010 02:10 AM CDT
somebody may have figured this one out but i've been looking for a while and i haven't seen it clarified, so does anybody know what the reqs are for the shadowmancer title from the progeny now? the only ones i have from them now are Tezirite, Enoptromancer and Umbromancer. i've seen it on other people's lists so it seems to still be in there but i dunno how to get it back. i figure maybe the tezirite titles have shadow spells as a requirement but i recently learned TV and that didn't help. the only other ones i don't have are shadow web and darkness but i haven't seen if any of the titles have scroll spell reqs. i do think it's a little crappy to have lost a title i busted my ass to get 25 circles ago, but i'll be perfectly happy if i can just figure out what i need to do to get it back. so any thoughts would be handy
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/07/2010 02:26 AM CDT
No sect titles have spell reqs. For every sect two are basically prediction based, 1 is for joining and the rest are thematically linked to 2 factors each sect would care about.

-Raesh
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/07/2010 04:19 AM CDT
honestly every tezirite I've met has that one o.O

If your low on hiding (sub 200) then I believe its probably that.

All in all though I haven't met many tezzies as of late.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/07/2010 03:23 PM CDT
"All in all though I haven't met many tezzies as of late."

Suicide pacts. Bunch of them sat in a dark room together and cut themselves to death. It was all very angsty.

-Serc

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/08/2010 01:50 AM CDT
Hope they recorded it so I can watch it and eat popcorn.

It'd be like a youtube night,

Also, Someone give me a title so I can start narrowing stuff down.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/09/2010 05:52 PM CDT
Just giving a 'make-sure' nudge back to the title topic, please and thanks! :)

Zairyche
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you can questions or comments, feel free to email me at MOD-Zairyche@play.net or Board Supervisor Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net.
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/09/2010 06:57 PM CDT
It would be great if the requirements for each title were released. I know that I enjoy having a specific goal in mind when I am training. If it is vague I think there is a risk of players losing interest.

Cheers!
Rilely
Re: Moon Mage titles 08/10/2010 03:49 AM CDT
Probably never going to happen.

Doesn't help that I have a (extremely)small sample of skills to really draw upon.

Its helpful if I want to zero in on something but aimless direction really doesn't help at all. A lot of guess work is still involved.

Don't blame Kougen for giving up really. He had maybe 4 viable samples to use. Yes it was that small.

Re: Moon Mage titles 08/10/2010 05:30 AM CDT
I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but if there are still a few titles you're really stumped on what the heck they require - I'll be happy to point you in the general direction.

I would ask soon though - I'm out of town for a week starting Thursday so you've only got about 48 hours to get requests in if you want them answered any time soon.

-Raesh