Re: Long Lost Legendary Moon Mage Titles Found 07/20/2010 06:27 PM CDT
>>require something unusual.

I don't think it's this.

> sk scout

Scouting: 60 21.55% clear (0/34)

> sk tr

Trading: 45 53.94% clear (0/34)

In before Coper gets to show off other guilds skill ranks.

Transcendent Paladin Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Long Lost Legendary Moon Mage Titles Found 07/20/2010 06:30 PM CDT
While there are some reqs you might consider unusual there is nothing THAT unusual.

-Raesh
Re: Long Lost Legendary Moon Mage Titles Found 07/20/2010 07:56 PM CDT
>In before Coper gets to show off other guilds skill ranks.

Backstab: 21 90.45% clear (0/34)
Trading: 59 09.42% clear (0/34)
Scouting: 108 38.48% clear (0/34)

There's a barbarian in TF that has some experience in empathy due to shifting going horribly horribly wrong.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Title Wanted 07/20/2010 09:27 PM CDT
So here's the deal: Before the new titles go live in Prime I've decided the Blade Dancer title needs to go. It's a perfectly fine title but - sorry, but it's just not a Moon Mage title and I'm not sure why I left it in place as long as I did.

However I still want a title with generally the same requirements and am low on ideas having gone cross-eyed looking at title spreadsheets. Therefor I need suggestions for these general reqs, and ONLY these general reqs:

600 Evasion
400 Highest weapon/armor
65 Agil/Ref

You may add other reqs if needed for flavor reasons, but please avoid any magic skills, or astro/prediction reqs. This is physical combat prowess only. Spell requirements are perfectly fine if you feel the would fit.

As a final bit of help this title follows in the general footsteps of three titles before it:

Dissident
Mystic Blade
(New Title)
The Title Formerly known as Blade Dancer

-Raesh
Re: Title Wanted 07/20/2010 10:01 PM CDT
Fate's Edge

Light Blade

Darkness Blade

Moon Blade

Lunar Warrior

Rage of the Moon

Mystic Warrior

Mystic Assassin

Some ideas.

Re: Title Wanted 07/20/2010 10:04 PM CDT
two more..

Celestial Blade

Blade of the Heavens

Re: Long Lost Legendary Moon Mage Titles Found 07/20/2010 10:31 PM CDT
<<Puppet Master>>

I am envious. seriously.

-a necromancer-

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Title Wanted 07/20/2010 10:47 PM CDT
Luna Tic

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Title Wanted 07/20/2010 11:20 PM CDT
>>Dissident
>>Mystic Blade

Night Terror
Re: Title Wanted 07/21/2010 02:05 AM CDT
Alright. A suitable replacement has been found. Thank you for the suggestions.

-Raesh
Re: Title Wanted 07/21/2010 02:09 AM CDT
>>Alright. A suitable replacement has been found. Thank you for the suggestions.

Your welcome :p

MM Titles 07/21/2010 10:27 AM CDT
I don't play a Moon Mage anymore, but I have a ridiculous amount of friends who do and I just want to give a huge thank you to whoever finally did this. I understand things were floating around, but whoever took them down and forced them through and created all those new ones is amazing in my book. Thank you!

- Terra

Raesh gives Terra wings. And then rips them off and beats her with them.
Re: MM Titles 07/21/2010 11:00 AM CDT
>>I just want to give a huge thank you to whoever finally did this.

GM Raesh deserves the thanks. I learned a lot watching him, but honestly I still don't "get" titles. GM Obsidien gave a lot of support on the mechanics side.
Re: MM Titles 07/21/2010 11:10 AM CDT
>>but honestly I still don't "get" titles.

I have the same view of titles as Terra. They're a goal for my character, especially with my Cleric in TF who's already reached 150. What else was there really to do except go for 1000 TM so I could get the (then) highest Cleric title.
Re: Title Wanted 07/21/2010 12:05 PM CDT
Star Storm

Starfire
Re: Long Lost Legendary Moon Mage Titles Found 07/21/2010 12:50 PM CDT
>What this means is the old astrology and sect categories are gone and merged into the Moon Mage category.
>A few very select titles may no longer exist for a variety of reasons - Mostly these were titles directly tied to enchantment, and they will likely return as non moon mage titles.

I still have an Astrology category, which still includes the Enchanter title.

Intended for now?

~ Kougen

Vorasus says, "There will be blood."

Vorasus drinks your milkshake.
Title: Sliver Slinger 08/20/2010 07:11 PM CDT
For those keeping records:

Sliver Slinger title requires moonblade at least. I decided to unlearn it and noticed it drop. I am guessing it requires TKT and some TM skill (I have 349 but I assume it is a much lower requirement).
Re: Title: Sliver Slinger 08/20/2010 08:31 PM CDT
I wouldn't be surprised if there was an arcana requirement, simply because there is one on the ability to break off slivers.

I'm guessing it's 100, since I cannot break them with 98 in arcana, but I can break them with the most meager of arcana predictions up.

Dunno for sure, though.
Re: Title: Sliver Slinger 08/21/2010 12:24 PM CDT
Its safe to assume it requires moonblade and TKT(or tks)

But again I have no way of being sure, any of the samples I have that have moonblade also have TKS. I don't have any samples of people with less than 230 TM that have moonblade and tks.

So its safe to assume that the req on tm is at at most 225. I'm guessing its probably less than that. Overall doesn't require a lot of skill. Telekinetic Fury on the other hand.

Re: Title: Sliver Slinger 08/21/2010 02:26 PM CDT
Sliver Slinger is the lowest TM title of any combat title (<100) but it does req TKT and Moonblade as may be expected.

For the record the other TM only titles in order are:

Hex (old title, unchanged reqs)
Displacer (spell req)
Fate Reaver (old title, unchanged reqs)
Telekinetic Fury (spell req)

-Raesh
Re: Title: Sliver Slinger 08/21/2010 05:29 PM CDT
How much longer until you give us a list of reqs for the titles? It's been a while since they came out hasn't it?

Player of Drevid and Jhaval

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Title: Sliver Slinger 08/21/2010 07:53 PM CDT
<<How much longer until you give us a list of reqs for the titles? It's been a while since they came out hasn't it?

It's been over a 4 weeks. I think it's time too.
Re: Title: Sliver Slinger ::NUDGE:: 08/21/2010 09:27 PM CDT

The requests for reqs for titles is over, I'm pretty sure it was moved last time to the equine cemetery.

If you want to share your discoveries on the requirements, feel free.

Further posts like the previous will result in post removals.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Spells, and Titles 08/21/2010 11:02 PM CDT
Trying to narrow down a few titles:

Aura Reader, Cosmologist, Fatebound, Fade, Light Weaver, Lunarian, Manipulator, and Untethered.

Best guesses:
Fade - Refractive Field (possibly TV, but I don't think so)
Untethered - Sever Thread

Cautious Guesses:
Light Weaver - CRS or SHMO
Manipulator - IoE or SHMO
Lunarian - IoE or CRS

No Real Guess:
Cosmologist -
Aura Reader -
Fatebound -

Also, from what I can guess, TV and Ripple do not provide titles (or if they do, they have fairly high requirements).

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/21/2010 11:19 PM CDT
Most likely aura sight for aura reader.
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/21/2010 11:34 PM CDT
Let's see...

Fade does req RF.

Untethered does req a whole mess of spells, but none of them are TS spells (No titles req TS spells currently).

Light Weaver reqs three spells, though none of them are what you listed.

Manipulator requires only one spell, again not what was listed.

Lunarian reqs no spells.

At least two titles req TV (Though one of them is TF only).

No title explicitly requires Ripple, though it can be used for a requirement.

Aura Reader does req AuS.

Fatebound has no spell req.

Cosmologist has no spell reqs.

-Raesh
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 12:02 AM CDT
Cosmologist - 500 Arcana?
Aura Reader - 350+ Astro?
Untethered - Includes Whole Displacement as a req?

Moon Mages who get hit with HULP should indulge in their Survival Secondary side and run away.

-Armifer
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 12:49 AM CDT
Cosmologist - Not even close. It only reqs lore skills.

Aura Reader - Too high, though it has other reqs.

Untethered - Reqs 4 specific spells. PD is not one of them.

-Raesh
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 01:08 AM CDT
>>Cautious Guesses:
You are a very bad guesser :p

I can help a lot if you can give me a specific title you want.

Light Weaver - If I had to take a guess at the spell reqs. I would say Burn, Crystal Spike, and Cage of Light. Could substitute burn for dazzle, which is probably the case.

Manipulator - If I had to put money on it, Hynotize, it also requires 40 charisma FYI.

I'm guessing and I'm just throwing this out there, that some of the reqs for Untethered is Whole Displacement, contingency, and moon gate. The only thing I can tell you for sure though is that the only thing I'm missing from knowing this title is Whole Displacement.

Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 01:22 AM CDT
Manipulator - Correct
Light Weaver - 2/3
Untethered - 3/4

-Raesh
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 08:33 AM CDT
shift moonbeam for untethered?

You've seen life through distorted eyes;You know you had to learn;The execution of your mind;You really had to turn;,the book is read,The end begins to show,The truth is out, the lies are old, But you don't want to know - Black Sabbath

Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 10:06 AM CDT
>>Fade - Refractive Field (possibly TV, but I don't think so)
>Fade does req RF.

RF and Approx. 200 stealth based solely on it's position in the list.

>>Untethered - Sever Thread
>>Untethered is Whole Displacement, contingency, and moon gate
>Untethered - 3/4

+ Teleport

>>Light Weaver - CRS or SHMO
>>Light Weaver - If I had to take a guess at the spell reqs. I would say Burn, Crystal Spike, and Cage of Light. Could substitute burn for dazzle, which is probably the case.
>Light Weaver - 2/3

I would have guessed Burn, Dazzle, and then either Focus Moonbeam or Refractive Field for weaving light.

>>Lunarian - IoE or CRS
>Lunarian reqs no spells.

Lunarian is slightly harder than the previous reqs of 300 Astrology and 500 PP. Probably 325 Astro and 525-550 PP.

>>Cosmologist -
>Cosmologist has no spell reqs.

Cosmologist previously required 300 Astrology, 250 PP, 400 Scholarship and 200 Teaching. There's a 50% chance these have been changed but it's probably still pretty close, maybe a little harder.

>>Aura Reader -
>Aura Reader does req AuS.

And probably about 200 Astrology + X Prediction counter.

>>Fatebound -

Easier than Aura Reader, but now has higher or additional reqs than the previous 180 Astrology and 320 PP.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 10:18 AM CDT
>>+ Teleport

Actually come to think of it, this would be extremely redundant since you need it for Moongate anyway, but it's the classic "poof gone" theme spell that the first three suggest. Looking back over my limited notes suggests Ripple instead.

>>I would have guessed Burn, Dazzle, and then either Focus Moonbeam or Refractive Field for weaving light.

Looking more closely again, Light Weaver definitely does not require RF and while I still think FM is appropriate to the title's "feeling" it is also a combat title, so I'm going to conform more to the previous guess of Crystal Spike or CoL, leaning toward CrS to keep it all Moonlight Manipulation.

~ Kougen

"I, too, routinely compare DragonRealms to being maimed by a sandpaper-wielding sadist." -Armifer
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 10:37 AM CDT
Can't be ripple. I have Untethered and don't have ripple.
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 02:12 PM CDT
Has anyone figured out what the skill monks need for their titles yet?

__
* Sahfra was just struck down!
Tachid smugly says, "I'm telling Lyras. We should replace you.
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 02:26 PM CDT
>>Actually come to think of it, this would be extremely redundant since you need it for Moongate anyway, but it's the classic "poof gone" theme spell that the first three suggest. Looking back over my limited notes suggests Ripple instead.

Its not Ripple or Riftal Summons. From what I can garner its Partial Displacement

So..

Untethered-
Partial Displacement
Contingency
Whole Displacement
Moon Gate

>>Looking more closely again, Light Weaver definitely does not require RF and while I still think FM is appropriate to the title's "feeling" it is also a combat title, so I'm going to conform more to the previous guess of Crystal Spike or CoL, leaning toward CrS to keep it all Moonlight Manipulation.

Crystal Spike requires Dazzle, Burn requires Focus Moonbeam. As a note, There are moon mages with less skill than me who have it. The particular one I'm looking at the moment only thing I am missing that they have but I do not is Seal of Deflection, Clarify Gem, and Crystal Spike. Someone Ten circles less than that individual is missing Crystal Spike and does not have that Title. They are missing other spells but its not relevant to the title.

Crystal spike is a pre req for it. The other two are a mystery.

Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 02:28 PM CDT
Sorry I don't have enough info on monks to even make an educated guess :-/

I literally got like two monks to compare and there gap of 25 circles between them.

The something else is discipline or concentration.

Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 02:46 PM CDT
Uh... when I post that spells aren't reqs for titles, you should likely listen.

Just sayin' I dunno why I'm dropping hints if they're ignored.

>>Untethered - Reqs 4 specific spells. PD is not one of them.

-Raesh
Re: Spells, and Titles 08/22/2010 04:05 PM CDT
>>Just sayin' I dunno why I'm dropping hints if they're ignored.

Not ignored just forgot about it ducks, forgot to leave a note in the notes(note within a note within a note?) about it. Weekends are rough for me.

Re: Spells, and Titles 08/27/2010 07:04 PM CDT
Darkling and Shadow Magician are confirmed to require Darkness. Shadow Magician requires less than 600 Hiding.

~ Kougen

An opaque multi-armed devourer lovingly wraps itself around a puddle of water, only to shred it into bite-sized pieces and then swallow each bit in rapid succession.