Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/03/2015 02:59 AM CDT
I'd been beating up on scavenger trolls and figured I'd pick up and drop off some of the gear for the newbies. Left some on the empaths' shelf (had to have at least 100 things on it and was ready to take more) and tried to leave some in the clerics' donation chest, but received a message that my coat wouldn't fit. Ah well, on to my guild...

>look on shelf
On the donation shelf you see a narrow copper ring, a hooded cloak, a large canvas sack, some fine jute thread, some cotton thread, some fine flax thread, some heavy cotton thread, some cotton thread and some jute yarn.

Not a ton of stuff, right?

>put coat on shelf
There isn't any more room on the shelf for that.

SERIOUSLY? Compared to the empaths' shelf, ours is apparently six inches wide and made of cardboard.

Could we get an upgrade please? I don't know the mechanics, but putting in a new shelf doesn't seem like it'd be that tough.

I found a post from waaaaaay back in 2009 that said this was slated to be fixed. Obviously, it hasn't been...

<<From DR-BURSAAL on 6/28/2009:

<<For now it is a pretty light-duty shelf. Help is on the way.

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Moon%20Mages/Complaints%20-%20Moon%20Mages/thread/1233730
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/03/2015 04:09 AM CDT
Fixed.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 02:19 PM CDT
Oh wow, I'm so glad you said something. I will donate all the time now that this is fixed.

What will be most useful for younger members... armor? cambrinth?
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 02:25 PM CDT
<<Oh wow, I'm so glad you said something. I will donate all the time now that this is fixed.
<<What will be most useful for younger members... armor? cambrinth?

Whatever you feel like donating to whoever it is that cleans out the shelf of useful items every day is fine. I suspect most of the stuff put up there ends up on a trader's table or in a garbage bin rather than in the hands of a novice.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 02:26 PM CDT
Belt knife, cambrinth slivers (from the magic shop), and low weight weapons are usually my go to.
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 05:33 PM CDT
>>I suspect most of the stuff put up there ends up on a trader's table or in a garbage bin rather than in the hands of a novice.

Only Moon Mages should be able to take items from the shelf now, so that should cut this down some.

Otherwise, yes, I recommend useful, but cheap, items.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 05:34 PM CDT
>Otherwise, yes, I recommend useful, but cheap, items.

Like me! But without the useful part.

Wait.
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/05/2015 08:30 PM CDT
>Only Moon Mages should be able to take items from the shelf now, so that should cut this down some.

Yay!

I like to imagine that the popping sound of PD is kind of like the fire swamp.
Re: Moon Mage Donation Shelf 04/10/2015 08:24 PM CDT
Very belated thank you for getting this fixed so quickly Raesh.

Now if you could just update our boards so there's a way to track responses to posts. :)