Prev_page Previous 1
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 11:28 AM CDT

A coated caravan arrives from the south.
>
A wee crimson sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward Tirsten!
The crimson sliver lands a very heavy hit to his abdomen!
Tirsten is lightly stunned!
The crimson sliver explodes into even tinier multicolored fragments and vanishes!
>
The coated caravan moves northwest.
Tirsten moves with the coated caravan.

OH GOD NO

A wee crimson sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward Kaaching!
Kaaching is forced out of concealment as crimson sliver flies toward him!
The crimson sliver is partially blocked as it glances off his chain hauberk.
The crimson sliver lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) to his chest!
* Kaaching is slain before your eyes!
The crimson sliver explodes into even tinier multicolored fragments and vanishes!
>
A four-wheeled caravan arrives from the northwest.
Moondaleurs arrives, following the caravan.
>
A wee crimson sliver suddenly swings from orbiting around your head and zips toward Moondaleurs!
The crimson sliver lands an annihilating strike (Urrem'tier would be proud!) to her abdomen!
Moondaleurs stops listening to Gamine.
* Moondaleurs is slain before your eyes!
Moondaleurs's baby yak skulls falls to the ground.

>
The two mule caravan moves south.
Kaaching moves with the two mule caravan.
>'wow
A four-wheeled caravan arrives from the northwest, following Moondaleurs.
>
The four-wheeled caravan moves south.
Gamine moves with the four-wheeled caravan.
>
You say, "Wow."

HOW MANY MORE ARMIFER

HOW MANY MORE

Rev. Reene

You hear your mental voice echo, Axiarra, are you still around? We had um... an incident on the third floor.

Your mind hears Vermire thinking, "The screaming, angry souls of the damned count as an "incident?""
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 11:29 AM CDT
I know I always cast fire rain on a trade route then act surprised when people walking through die

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 11:33 AM CDT
To be fair everyone this has happened to thus far has been highly amused instead of upset.

Rev. Reene

You hear your mental voice echo, Axiarra, are you still around? We had um... an incident on the third floor.

Your mind hears Vermire thinking, "The screaming, angry souls of the damned count as an "incident?""
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:20 PM CDT
That Warmages don't make these posts anymore makes me sad and clearly exhibits fundamental flaws in the guild's current spellbook.

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:23 PM CDT
Are you in a hunting ground or intentionally standing on a trade route?

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:30 PM CDT
<<Are you in a hunting ground or intentionally standing on a trade route?

By the looks of things, she's hunting the undead that are on the traderoutes.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:30 PM CDT
The trade route IS a hunting ground right now.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:35 PM CDT
I'm wondering if she'd post if say, Celesi or someone else she won't fight against walked through, made her whiff, then thumped her.

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:36 PM CDT
Every other TM AoE spell was changed to have cast and cast area options so this doesn't happen. Fire Rain isn't even an accurate comparison since you've been able to shape it to ignore PCs for as long as I remember.

You might call this a fundamental flaw in the current design of TKS. Or awesome. I guess it's up to you.

Clearly the GMs have no intention of changing TKS though, which brings me to...

HOW MANY MORE?

Rev. Reene

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:39 PM CDT
Vin, I have been sought out by a higher level character in a hunting ground, watched them stand around and wait for TKS to try and hit them then watched them attack me. Nevermind that it's not consent or anything due to the mostly-antiquated consent policy regarding untargettable AoEs like this, but then all I can do is shrug.

I posted that too incidentally, possibly including them killing me. It might be several pages back, though.

Rev. Reene

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 02:56 PM CDT
TKS is a great spell. I see Reene's point. I avoid using it in areas I know can be busy. Not so much that I am worried about my character getting shot at. With the exp changes it is even more of a hastle to lose all that field exp for whoever turns out to be the victim.

Not only that, I don't want to stop and have to drag a body around to get help. Course I could just let them lay there and ignore it, but it goes against what I am comfortable with.

It certainly would be nice to get TKS changed.

Can you imagine NTR lined up with Moon Mages casting TKS? Hah..
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:03 PM CDT
>>I posted that too incidentally, possibly including them killing me. It might be several pages back, though.

Actually, if I'm looking at the correct post, it was someone that you were willing to fight. And you didn't post them killing you with Chain Lightning.

That's besides the point, though. I guess I'm the only one that see how unnecessary your TKS posts are becoming. LOOK AT ME I KILLED MORE PEOPLE, HOW MANY MORE.

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:07 PM CDT
>>It certainly would be nice to get TKS changed.

this

I'd like to be able to use my spells while I am hunting without having to worry about where I'm hunting, how many people are in the area, who might run through, where my room is situated on the map, where my script might take me before I cast TKS, and of course the occasional idiot stopping by to chat or script check me. It's the CL situation all over again, except worse due to the delayed nature of the spell. Remember before it had cast/cast area added? WMs weren't budging before that one either. But I guess it was okay for them.

Thread is meant to underline my frustration with the current design flaw. Though I doubt it's ever getting fixed.

Rev. Reene

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:18 PM CDT
Which is fine, Reene. It should get changed.

I'm just letting you know how it's appearing when you make more than just one post showing your kill shots (and at what doesn't appear to be real frustration might I add). I think the point was already made with the first kills. ;)

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:20 PM CDT
>>That's besides the point, though. I guess I'm the only one that see how unnecessary your TKS posts are becoming. LOOK AT ME I KILLED MORE PEOPLE, HOW MANY MORE.

Schadenfreude is a carefully cultivated emotion. The design of its exquisite texture is one of the highest art forms. That's what makes these forums so enjoyable.

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:37 PM CDT
It is both funny and moronic, yes. It reminds me of a certain Bard camping out the spot leading into leucros with enchantes back before they had the loud/quiet toggle. It was okay for him to do that, so hey...

Regardless, I've been giving the people I hit RPA points and offering them money to compensate for time and exp lost. Fortunately most of them have just laughed it off.

Rev. Reene

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 03:59 PM CDT
The whole "Moon Mages suck at AoE" design theory of TKS does make it pretty unusable for me, because recklessly endangering passers-by does not fit Kougen's RP, nor does interrupting my hunt to drag my hapless victims to help do much for my training. (So I got it for... multi-shot TKT? I don't even know.)

Having said that, TKS is clearly INTENDED to hit other players. Reene is not only using the spell correctly, she's being a lot nicer about it than she has to be.

Thread would be better if it didn't suck. -Mr. Glemm
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:01 PM CDT
I've actually been much more pleased with TKS then I expected to be since I got it.

No bystander kills yet.

But hey if I bag one... the wheel weaves as the wheel wills. Is that how that quote goes? Been awhile.

Though after using it to make louts stop engaging me after I first learned it I had to stop and think "... wait... this spell hits... hmm, okay no more of that".
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:12 PM CDT
>>I guess I'm the only one that see how unnecessary your TKS posts are becoming.

No, you're not the only one. Right along with the PLEASE INVADE THE WM GUILD posts.

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:13 PM CDT
Does TKS have any of the (mostly pointless) warning messaging that were patched onto the big warmage AoEs before the Cast Area/shape developments?

"...I am inclined to think the focus of the [Warmage's] spellbook should be ways to make things explode, to help you make things explode, or to assist your victim in exploding." -Armifer
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:16 PM CDT
Nope. No warning unless you perc the area. It just slumbers in the room waiting to pulse (Which aren't at even intervals) and hangs out until it runs out of charges or the caster moves (So it can be dormant for quite awhile) and then BLAM corpse city.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:18 PM CDT
I'm not really understanding why you guys are coming onto the moon mage forums and saying that we should stop talking about changing the mechanics on our AoE spell slightly.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:19 PM CDT
I think in order to be more respectful to other characters, it is just courtesy that a toggle be made so that TKS is castable only affects creatures that are facing you. While still retaining the current form of AoE that TKS offers with the other toggle.

- Simon
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:22 PM CDT
>> I'm not really understanding why you guys are coming onto the moon mage forums and saying that we should stop talking about changing the mechanics on our AoE spell slightly.

Because it's me.

I frankly consider the subject dropped and the thread over. I just won't post about it anymore. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Rev. Reene

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:25 PM CDT
>>I just won't post about it anymore.

Awww. I liked reading them.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:26 PM CDT
I don't like facing the critters to make it pulse.

I like the critters walking in and getting gibbed while I fold origami and train MD.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 04:54 PM CDT
>>I'm not really understanding why you guys are coming onto the moon mage forums and saying that we should stop talking about changing the mechanics on our AoE spell slightly.

WHOOSH

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 05:51 PM CDT
>I'm not really understanding why you guys are coming onto the moon mage forums and saying that we should stop talking about changing the mechanics on our AoE spell slightly.

Because it's Reene. (Nobody raised an eyebrow when Strk made posts like this)

>WHOOSH

Let me guess. That was the sound of you missing the point of this thread? This has been going on for years, so it's doubtful the point was in fact "made with the first kills."

Apparently design flaws in spells are okay as long as we bend over backwards to ensure it never comes up or becomes a problem for other people.

And heaven forbid we suggest the spell may be better if it DIDN'T kill innocent bystanders.

That's not to say I don't understand the logic behind it. I do. And even the drawback of an AoE that isn't "group friendly" kind of makes sense and fits with Moon Mage tradition of all power coming at a cost.

But frankly if the spell is hunky-dory like this I don't see what the problem is with posting our trophy kills in our combat folder.

Thread would be better if it didn't suck. -Mr. Glemm
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 05:59 PM CDT
>WHOOSH

Not really, I just have a different perspective.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:12 PM CDT
>>Because it's Reene. (Nobody raised an eyebrow when Strk made posts like this)

Eh, I couldn't care less who it is.

Quite frankly, Kougen, I think you're over-reacting to what I have said.

I have no problem with the spell being changed.

But imagine if I go into an undead area and start roaring Death's Shriek to clear out rooms and going WOW I KILLED SOMEONE AGAIN. OH WOW THERE'S ANOTHER ONE.

I get it. She did it to make a point about a design flaw. However, it does not (and I don't care who you are) get the best impression of yourself when you go about it the way she has. Especially if you call these 'trophy kills'.

I'm not a mod and I'm not telling anyone what to post or not. I'm just being informative on how foolish it has started to look, and it will look even more foolish when pt 20 comes out. That's it. Stop getting so overly defensive, lords.

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:13 PM CDT
<<and it will look even more foolish when pt 20 comes out.

Actually, I find myself looking forward to part 20.

- George, Player of Foresee
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:29 PM CDT
>>Actually, I find myself looking forward to part 20.

You should go ahead and do parts 13-19 and get them out of the way. Oh, and don't forget to post them too!

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:39 PM CDT
>Especially if you call these 'trophy kills'.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/facetious

>WOW I KILLED SOMEONE AGAIN. OH WOW THERE'S ANOTHER ONE.

"HOW MANY MORE, ARMIFER?" is a running gag associated with TKS collateral damage.

>I'm just being informative on how foolish it has started to look, and it will look even more foolish when pt 20 comes out. That's it.

I'm not sure what else you're hoping to find in the Moon Mage combat folder, but I have a feeling you care who it is more than you admit.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:43 PM CDT
I just really REALLY want someone to post a log of the old version of TKS firing off 56 items at someone.

Please?
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 06:48 PM CDT
>>I'm not sure what else you're hoping to find in the Moon Mage combat folder, but I have a feeling you care who it is more than you admit.

LOL, you can feel however you want about it. I would respond the same way if anyone had posted it like that when I read it. Ask anyone that know me and they will tell you.

Chill out. I don't quite understand why this is being taken so personally. Reene isn't even taking it as bad as you are.

Vinjince
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 07:23 PM CDT
No, it was more like it looked damned intentional to make a point, moving to not be directly ON the trade route is too obvious.

~Arwinia

Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 07:45 PM CDT
>I just really REALLY want someone to post a log of the old version of TKS firing off 56 items at someone.

...now what did I do with those old logs?
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 07:47 PM CDT
Trade route has swarms of undead. Off the trade route does not have swarms of undead.

Swarms are hunted with AoE. TKS is our AoE.

Doesn't seem too complicated to me.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 09:52 PM CDT
NTR undead are not very tough critters either. I can't imagine they teach much TM at all.
Re: Why I love TKS, pt. 12 07/26/2009 10:36 PM CDT
That's why she was on the STR I do believe.
Prev_page Previous 1