Prev_page Previous 1 3
The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/13/2009 07:41 PM CDT
Szrael is hanging out scraping skins in Rossman's when Some dead guy is dragged to the hangout spot.

You see Some Guy, an Elf.
Some Guy has pointed ears and grey eyes. His black hair is very long and wavy, and is worn tangled. He has dark skin and a lean build.
A circle of obsidian is positioned between his eyes, surrounded by an aura of shadow rippling against his skin.
He is young for an Elf.
He has a large, thick, bristling mustache on his upper lip and a long fuzzy beard.
He appears to be dead! Other than that...
He has a severely swollen chest area with a shattered rib cage compounded by a completely destroyed chest area with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole, a severely bloated and discolored abdomen appears oddly rearranged compounded by a completely destroyed abdomen with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole, a severely swollen back with a shattered spinal cord compounded by a completely destroyed back with nearly all flesh and bone torn away revealing a gaping hole.
Your mind hears Dyamond thinking, "Cleric and empath needed at the barrel please!!"
(Time passes).
Wyspe says, "well, no answer on da heala an raiser"
You say, "I'll heal him for five platinum lirums."
Wyspe says, "we wun kill ya fer 10 plat lirum"
Your mind hears Sothios thinking, "need empath and clerical assistance in Rossmans.. and for once, it's not me!"
You hear your mental voice echo, I offered to heal him for a fee, but they threatened to kill me, so eh. Respond at your own risk.
Your mind hears Wyspe thinking, "hey! I jus sayed fer 10 plat I wudna kill him. I neva sayed I wud kill him. If it ever works, I git 10 easy plats! hehe" (He appeared to think Szrael was a guy.)
You hear your mental voice echo, I think the threat was rather clear. And insulting, as if Empaths have some duty to heal anyone for free.
Your mind hears Wyspe thinking, "when da empath demands 5 plat. Dats insultin too"
Your mind hears Reihn thinking, "{faintly}" "tell them about Srela, Quentin, Arthianna, Saedelthorp and so on"
You hear your mental voice echo, Oh, so when Tembeg asks 5 gold for a chain shirt that is insulting?
Your mind hears Wyspe thinking, "wha's a Tembeg? an why wud I wan a chain shirt?"

This is how many of Szrael's CvC incidents begin. Apparently asking to be paid is insulting. (Szrael is also willing to negotiate, but people never seem to bother to try, they just immediately take offense.)

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/13/2009 08:26 PM CDT
What you need to do is heal them up front, then threaten to kill them if they don't pay up after.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/13/2009 08:29 PM CDT
5 plat is a kind of ridiculous amount to charge, but that response is just sad.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/13/2009 08:32 PM CDT
Because people have it ingrained in their mind that Empaths provide service of healing for free after many years. Basically, you are fighting against the standard and it'll always be an uphill climb.

- Simon
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 03:53 AM CDT
5 plat is really not all that much concidering the time that will go into healing szrael after fixing that guy up.

his chest, abdomen and back are all completely destroyed so you figure the wounds would have to be taken in halves, and then healed, the scars healed then the other half of the wound taken, healed and scars healed, and then the guys scars.... assuming that the halved injuries can be completely healed with single casts of hw and hs that is still 6 spells per major injury. considering szrael is able to train/hunt/do other stuff she actually enjoys in the amount of time that would take, 5 plat is not all that unreasonable.

empaths are NOT duty bound to heal anyone, EVER, and really the fact she offered her services is a pretty big deal considering the character and he stance on healing to begin with.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 04:10 AM CDT
I decided to log on my Empath for the first time in forever and go a'roletardin' by asking some noobly-looking person for 5 silver or a few rat pelts for healing.

Several people flipped, but not the novice, oddly enough. Kenoselaris immediately threatened me and Tabbiene started berating me for being a bad Empath. (more names for the books!)

They didn't remain in the guild for very long.

Rev. Reene

The black panther growls, "Are you blind Tachid? Kill Caelumia."
>
Tachid says, "SHE HAS BLUE FIRE"
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 06:09 AM CDT
>I decided to log on my Empath for the first time in forever and go a'roletardin' by asking some noobly-looking person for 5 silver or a few rat pelts for healing.

>Several people flipped, but not the novice, oddly enough. Kenoselaris immediately threatened me and Tabbiene started berating me for being a bad Empath. (more names for the books!)

that's insane that they flipped out over that.. 5 silver or a few rat pelts is a tip that even a novice should be able to afford, just doing a few tasks for the various npcs that offer them will get you that

--
If life doesn't need intelligence,
Then why should intelligence need life?
--
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Legeres
http://www.myspace.com/ledge_ear_us
http://legeres.deviantart.com
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 07:12 AM CDT
>>5 plat is a kind of ridiculous amount to charge

5 plat was just the starting point for negotiations in that guy's case.

He had one of those godawful obsidian forehead things so 5 plat shouldn't be a huge deal to him. However, my complaint wasn't with the dead guy, he basically didn't say anything.

That's actually not the first time someone has come right back with "I won't kill you for 2x(Asking price)." I thought it was post-worthy since this isn't even the first time I've seen that response, and it's fairly up there on the insulting scale.

And yeah, if you want to be constantly insulted and attacked, an Empath with a spine who charges upfront is a great class to play. I don't even have to try. Which is why I try to keep her in out of the way spots if I can. It does get sort of old after a while. (See: Netherlich incidents).

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 10:54 AM CDT
5 plat seems like a lot to me but what Szrael charges is up to her.

I think some people just assume that all empaths are sweet, living to heal and don't want tips and expecially payment. I think the smoke is clearing and more people are catching on that not all empaths are there to be healing robots. We're all different just like characters of other guilds.

I've mentioned before that I don't take tips or payment and at least in my situation, I still hugely appreciate a good offer. I've even been offered 10 plat once for a minor healing. I refuse them but always tell the healee that I appreciate the offer. Mostly because I really do thank them for offering and also because I don't want to set them up for failure when the next empath may expect payment.

I don't have time to read the clerics but I'd be interested to know how they are treated in a payment/tip deal and what happens when they refuse to raise and things like that. But that's for another day.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 01:10 PM CDT
>> 5 silver or a few rat pelts is a tip that even a novice should be able to afford, just doing a few tasks for the various npcs that offer them will get you that

Pretty much my thoughts, yes. I know you can make a couple plat from the tasks system as a newbie in almost no time which is why I settled on 5 silver; it's really a meager amount even for a newbie fresh out of the char gen.

>> I think the smoke is clearing and more people are catching on that not all empaths are there to be healing robots.

Not really.

People (specifically me, and I know a few other oldies) have been doing this sort of thing for the better part of a RL decade. I was berating people for being bad tippers and asking for payment back when no one did that because healing was the only way to get Transference and no one wanted their source cut off.

Peoples attitudes haven't changed a lot in that time. They act like they have, but when it comes down to it, no one wants to be asked for money for healing.

The attitudes of a lot of Empaths haven't changed either, because you still get a lot of them taking it upon themselves to go "well I'LL heal you for free" whenever you try to charge in a busy area.

Rev. Reene

>
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 01:14 PM CDT
>5 plat is really not all that much concidering the time that will go into healing szrael after fixing that guy up.

>his chest, abdomen and back are all completely destroyed so you figure the wounds would have to be taken in halves, and then healed, the scars healed then the other half of the wound taken, healed and scars healed, and then the guys scars.... assuming that the halved injuries can be completely healed with single casts of hw and hs that is still 6 spells per major injury. considering szrael is able to train/hunt/do other stuff she actually enjoys in the amount of time that would take, 5 plat is not all that unreasonable.

I'm sorry, but no. 5 plat is still a too much, in my opinion. 5 plat is what you ask for if you want to be somewhat conflictual. I have an empath, I'm well aware of how difficult healing is. You can't earn 5 plat in the 5 minutes it would take to heal up unless you're talking about high-rate shalswar hunting.

That said, the amount probably wouldn't matter given the way they reacted.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 01:15 PM CDT
>I think some people just assume that all empaths are sweet, living to heal and don't want tips and expecially payment. I think the smoke is clearing and more people are catching on that not all empaths are there to be healing robots. We're all different just like characters of other guilds.

>I've mentioned before that I don't take tips or payment and at least in my situation, I still hugely appreciate a good offer.

By not taking tips, you're kind of reinforcing that stereotype.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 02:19 PM CDT
>>By not taking tips, you're kind of reinforcing that stereotype<<

I realize this to a degree. I also know that when I walk into a room with other empaths, people tend to grab me for healing because I don't take tips. But its a personal choice. And anyone who knows me knows that I am very fair in a room full of empaths to ensure that I don't take all the wounds. I think I'm pretty considerate when it comes to healing. I took tips for a while when I was new to the guild and hated it. I can't help that other empaths want payment or tips. Someone getting angry at being asked to pay 5 plat is the issue here and I don't think I'm making life harder on Szrael by not taking tips. She's asking for money up front which isn't the "norm" even for those taking tips or payments. She handles herself well and if she's stereotyped, she does what she feels is necessary.

I've only been playing for a year and half. Not even that long with an empath. Things may not be changing a lot but I'm hearing more about combat oriented empaths now then I did a year ago. I know myself and other empaths that bust our butts training while others would rather sit down and heal constantly. All personal choice. But I'm not gonna point fingers and blame anyone for playing one way or the other.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 05:00 PM CDT
my empath usually doesn't take tips either, if i do it's either because the gem is huge, or they offered coins, boxes or pelts. I'd say once you get to goblins and up you should be tipping in atleast gold though.

--
--
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 08:38 PM CDT
I don't think Szrael asking 5 plat is unreasonable at all, and in fact, it is completely in line with the way she RP's. Szrael doesn't usually care to be a healing empath, so if she's gonna take time out of her day to do that for someone and asks to be paid 5 plat...? Big deal, they either pay up, or Szrael goes on her way and they can find another empath. Either way, Szrael wins.

If it helps, just think of yourself as the fluorescent light in the buglamp of life.

- GM Dartenian
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 11:28 PM CDT
NPC empath prices need to go up. Way up. They should scale nicely by circle, so RPing an empath that overcharges for healing can actually be viable and not marshal negative resentment.

And those who RP empaths who heal for free will be even more appreciated. Everyone wins?

---
"All models are wrong, some are useful." -George C. Box
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 11:48 PM CDT
<<NPC empath prices need to go up. Way up. They should scale nicely by circle, so RPing an empath that overcharges for healing can actually be viable and not marshal negative resentment.
<<And those who RP empaths who heal for free will be even more appreciated. Everyone wins?

Not those who skip the PC empaths altogether and head straight for the closest NPC healer. I'd much rather not have to deal with waiting for a fluffykittypants empath to finish hugging me and get their act together enough to actually heal me. Free or not.

The only empath I let heal me with regularity is my character's husband. He'd never let me hear the end of it if I wasted his empathy XP on an auto-healer while he was around.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 11:56 PM CDT
>> I'd much rather not have to deal with waiting for a fluffykittypants empath to finish hugging me and get their act together enough to actually heal me. Free or not.

I can't remember the last time it took me more than a minute to heal someone, barring multiple pulped vital body parts + grievous wounds of my own.

And I'm actually out of practice. Tell them they are doing it wrong.

Rev. Reene

>
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/14/2009 11:56 PM CDT
>NPC empath prices need to go up. Way up. They should scale nicely by circle, so RPing an empath that overcharges for healing can actually be viable and not marshal negative resentment.

>And those who RP empaths who heal for free will be even more appreciated. Everyone wins?

...or healing PCs could teach more. You know, carrot rather than stick and whatnot.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 12:05 AM CDT
<<I can't remember the last time it took me more than a minute to heal someone, barring multiple pulped vital body parts + grievous wounds of my own.

Its all the hugging, giggling, chatting with their friends and so on that happens between saying they'll heal me and actually doing it that's the annoyance.

Not all empaths are like this. I'd just rather not invest the time finding out if any given empath is going to heal me in a timely manner or not.

-Evran

Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 12:08 AM CDT
<<He'd never let me hear the end of it if I wasted his empathy XP on an auto-healer while he was around.

Sounds like wounds are a rare commodity. I don't think the fluffykittypants empath would finish hugging you in this kind of wound market, rather jump on you first and fluffysissyslap any other empath who tries to take "their" wounds.

---
"All models are wrong, some are useful." -George C. Box
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 12:18 AM CDT
<<<<He'd never let me hear the end of it if I wasted his empathy XP on an auto-healer while he was around.
<<Sounds like wounds are a rare commodity.

Yeah that was more a joke at his expense than anything else. :D

<<I don't think the fluffykittypants empath would finish hugging you in this kind of wound market, rather jump on you first and fluffysissyslap any other empath who tries to take "their" wounds.

You'd be surprised.

-Evran

Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 02:11 AM CDT
If you're hunting in Rossmans, and you're missing large chucks of your crappy self, and you're dead.

A.) Its annoying to heal fatal wounds.
B.) It's annoying to heal back up if you were intending on doing other stuff.
C.) 5 plat shouldn't be that much if you're hunting things in Rossmans.
D.) It's a monopolized service deal with it we got something you need, stop wanting it for free.

You always have the option of not hunting by the way.

I want you to know,
don't know about you,
but i am un chien andalusia,
wanna grow up to be
a debaser.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 07:29 AM CDT
>>I can't remember the last time it took me more than a minute to heal someone, barring multiple pulped vital body parts + grievous wounds of my own.

>>And I'm actually out of practice. Tell them they are doing it wrong.

Especially if you're an empath with some skill (say 50th circle). One excuse I have heard is, well I use the Crutch and can't take wounds quickly. :(

Nikpack
player of more than I should list

Climbing List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Climbing_skill
Swimming List:http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swimming_skill

And while I am evil, I try to avoid being just plain mean.
-Z
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 10:36 AM CDT
I am the chatty empath that does hug...guilty as charged. Only thing is that I never initiate a hug with a stranger or someone I barely know after healing them. I do enjoy getting hugs which is a good thing because many times, I'm given a hug after I heal someone. As far as chatty, I do sometimes ask why they're missing arms and such. Usually people seem receptive to talk about their battle wounds but sometimes they don't. That's fine too. We're not robots and can talk.

It takes me literally seconds to heal someone. The only reason it would take longer is for fatal/near fatal wounds or if I'm healing someone with serious injures and I'm already a bloody mess. But, some people like to take it slow and be more animated about transfering wounds. Telling an empath they are doing it wrong for going slow is too auto-ish and refined which is something we're trying to get away from.

I totally agree that the autopath cost should be increased.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 10:44 AM CDT
yeah i don't hug strangers very much any more, and usually only if they hug me first, i prefer healing someone completely first, no bleeding on me, i do enough bleeding on myself

--
--
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 11:46 AM CDT
If I can find an empath willing to heal, I almost always enjoy the experience. I would welcome any empath who told me up front what they expected to pay. The main thing I am guilty of is forgetting which of the empaths I know that will take my money or not.

Anyway- if someone said 5 plat to be healed, I certainly wouldn't be offended. I could always go and spend 15 minutes letting Quentyn heal me, while listening to him giggle if I didn't want to. Or I could could pay 5 plat, enjoy some conversation perhaps, start or listen to a class, and spend my time spelling up.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 12:22 PM CDT
I'm curious. Of those who have tried asking for payment upfront, how often do people balk? Have you ever had people accept and be OK with it?

Nikpack
player of Zakuro and Pheer
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 12:23 PM CDT
I've been doing it lately in Crossing and most people either ignore me or act snotty. Several have been fine with it though and paid without complaining, or tried to haggle me down. It's been fun.

Rev. Reene

>
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 01:11 PM CDT
>>I'm curious. Of those who have tried asking for payment upfront, how often do people balk? Have you ever had people accept and be OK with it?

It depends on where you try it really. In the Empath guild, people just ignore Szrael about 75% of the time -- they just keep hitting their "may i be healed" macro without saying anything to her.

About 10% of the time someone -- a lot of times just a bystander -- will say something like,

"Coden asks, 'What has this guild turned into while i've been gone?'"

And start going off about how Empaths have a duty/obligation whatever to heal people. This may or may not lead to violence.

Basically, asking up front never works when there are other Empaths around. Szrael generally doesn't ask unless she's the only Empath there (seller's market) or she knows the other Empaths are unlikely to heal either.

Szrael adjusts her rate for what she thinks the person can afford. 5 plat is the most she's ever asked from someone.

But basically, asking up front doesn't work. People are seemingly fundamentally opposed to paying Empaths up front. They seem to think the Empath should be happy with whatever they choose to give (many times nothing.)

For Szrael, it's just a mechanism to make sure the healing is worth her time, since she can be doing other things and doesn't really care if the person gets healed or not.

-- Player of Szrael --

Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 04:37 PM CDT
when i hear the "what has this guild turned into" thing it automatically turns syn from being friendly and happy to super cranky and contemplating "thump coden assess" to see how hard he would be to kill.

everyone plays their empath the way that they feel is most appropriate, and not everyone is going to agree on the methods. syn does not take tips, she mostly heals people she knows, and if she is heals a stranger, she has the time and is doing it because she doesn't mind. she won't usually heal the "are you awake" people and will get annoyed with the "all the empaths are zombies" people. when tips are offered and there is another empath around she will tell the tipper to pay them (when i remember to do it).

one of the best things about dr is that you get to make a character, and then control the behavior of that character and respond to the environment around it. as far as i am concerned, if Szrael is willing to heal you, negotiate, pay up and shut up or find some one else, it is really not a some giant shift in the empath guild that will result in the waking of the undead and beasts and oafs pounding on the gates.... oh wait, maybe it is her fault?
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 04:41 PM CDT
>>Its all the hugging, giggling, chatting with their friends and so on that happens between saying they'll heal me and actually doing it that's the annoyance.

I never, ever heal immediately. It usually happens in spurts, but it's never failed yet that when I try to make it a point to heal immediately the patient didn't want me to take a bleeder or something.

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 05:19 PM CDT
>but it's never failed yet that when I try to make it a point to heal immediately the patient didn't want me to take a bleeder or something.

In all the years I've healed people with multiple empaths, I've only had this be an issue twice that I can recall. Since coming back to the advent of compendiums, it's not happened even once. If they want to be picky, they can go bug someone else.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/15/2009 10:11 PM CDT
Szrael I think you are one of few empaths who I believe is taking the guild in the direction I've always wanted it to go. For a long time I've been telling folks that are dragged in unconscious(sparring) that I want payment up front for healing. I will usually do dead folks for free by my own choice.. as I know how that feels. If someone doesn't tip appropriately to their hunting level or amount of wounds healed I simply won't reply to their requests any longer.

This feeling most recently reared it's head as I spent several days in Crossing backtraining teaching for my next few circles. I felt no obligation what so ever to heal - firstly because I don't need empathy - power walking is way more effective - and secondly because the other empaths seemed to reinforce those who came in with "gimme more wounds" syndrome.

As far as raising NPC empath prices - I think a "Sorry about the price gauging we're in a recession." response from Quentin would be priceless.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/16/2009 01:58 AM CDT
>As far as raising NPC empath prices - I think a "Sorry about the price gauging we're in a recession." response from Quentin would be priceless.

Honestly, I think the absolutely massive shortcomings/bugs of NPC empaths would need to be addressed before prices could be raised.
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/16/2009 02:36 AM CDT
I think Emps should be nerf'd.

-liiililillliili-
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 05/19/2009 06:05 AM CDT
>>But basically, asking up front doesn't work. People are seemingly fundamentally opposed to paying Empaths up front. They seem to think the Empath should be happy with whatever they choose to give (many times nothing.)<<

^This.

Almost everyone balks when you ask for payment up front, and that's OK. They can find another empath, but I won't be wasting my time on them. Some have even become so offended they've killed my empath. That's OK too, it's what favors are for, and they've just guaranteed there are absolutely no circumstances under which I would ever heal them.

If it helps, just think of yourself as the fluorescent light in the buglamp of life.

- GM Dartenian
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 06/08/2009 09:19 AM CDT
I was going to start a new topic, but I think I'll just add a twist to this one.

What if one of the, "Pay up front" Empaths actually start pulling their own fellow Empaths out of the guildhall because they were willing to heal for a tip and not charge up front?

Let me give you the situation of what the Empath's guild is like late at night...well, one night at least.

First, My character spoke to this fourth circle Paladin who was whining to my character because he was booted out of the guild due to being rude. He admitted he was rude, but only in response to how he was treated.

According to him, he asked if a healer was available, and was told by an Empath, "1 Gold Kronar". So, he didn't have a gold to pay on him. So he asked again (He said s/he pointed at him then, which he didn't understand), and another Empath told him, "At least 1 Gold Dokora", so he asked a few more times, during which he was being laughed at and tormented. Then he did get rude because he thought his honor was being questioned by the Empaths and their friends.

At which point he was thumped and then thrown out of the guild. Where one of the empaths followed him and continued to torment him.

So, after that story...I decided to send my character in to see what all the hubbub was about. I mean, he did have a few scratches anyway.

He walked in, asked for healing and got the same response as the person he spoke to on the street. "1 Gold Kronar". To which my character laughed because he'd never tip just one gold not at this point in his career.

He asked again, and another Empath agreed and started healing him. At which point the other, 'charge first' Empaths started questioning this guy's loyalty to the guild and other taunts and threats.

Somehow my character got drug out and spam stunned over and over by some Moon Mage friend of the two empaths in question. The Empath healing me came out to continue healing while my character was being stunned, and he was put to sleep then drug away by one of the "charging Empaths".

Afterward we all returned and got into a heated discussion (which was awesome RP btw, no one broke character which is a rarity).

In my opinion it crosses the line. They have a right to charge but another empath has just as much right to do it for free, or accept a tip, or to not heal at all, if they don't want to.

Just wondering what you guys think about it and if that is acceptable behavior?

v/r
Bryan, player of Mordiazi
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 06/08/2009 09:46 AM CDT
>>PALUMBOB's post

That's crazy.

I haven't run into anything like that yet, but that might be because I have a higher level character and it wouldn't be as easy to pull all that off.

What I have run into is Empaths checking my wounds and telling me that they will heal my wounds (Broken leg in this specific case. I slipped or something.) for what I consider to be a laughably small sum. The part that is confusing to me is I was planning on tipping whatever empath healed me 23 times what they were demanding up front.

I questioned why they wanted such a small sum and I was told that it was because there wasn't that much to heal. During this discussion someone else came in with what I considered to be a lot more to heal (via looking at them) and the same Empath asked this person for roughly 3 times what they had asked me. Still a laughably small sum.

I told the Empath that I would pay them what I thought the healing was worth. At that point I had someone else tell me that's not how it worked, which confuses me again, because it's the Empath's choice. I said that it was the Empath's choice and the Empath ended up healing me without payment.

The Empath received a tip that was 23 times what she had asked for up front.

If the Empath had chosen to not heal me, I would have spent a little more time looking for an Empath or just waited for one of my friends' Empaths to log on. If I waited, I wouldn't have had to pay anything.

~Nitish

You hear the voice of Edgee ask, "Do we have a plan, knowing they're listening?"

You say, "the plan is to not have a plan for them to listen to."
Re: The Crappy Payment/Death Threats Blotter 06/08/2009 09:49 AM CDT
>>if that is acceptable behavior?

no, I don't think it is - charging up front however is their right but abusing empaths that don't I will agree is wrong. I think it's about 10 times worse to spam someone with dazzle because they disagree with you.

Bringing in your alt to do this for you is pretty bad as well, especially if it's somebody that loves to report for that type of thing because that's what the top roleplayers do nowadays.

I would however prefer to see a log of the encounter since there are two sides of every story and generally I have to say, the person that was "stunned for no reason" generally brings it on by throwing out insults and attacks.

~Arwinia

The Empath spellbook is a riddle trapped in an enigma hidden inside a lot of suck.-Armifer
Prev_page Previous 1 3