Prev_page Previous 1
Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 02:01 PM CST
Yesterday my girls were with me at work. I didn't have anyone to watch them. On the way home we stopped and grabbed a pizza for dinner. I said to the girls, now remember, we need to take the dog out before we sit down to have pizza. My oldest daughter says to me.. we probably should look for poop in the house too. (small dog, my parents, not the best house trained but not terrible either) Well.. to back up a little they had been coloring easter stuff all day at work. So my youngest daughter speaks up and says.. Oh, look for poop. It can be just like an easter egg hunt! lol

Daxlynn's Energizer Bunny
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 02:26 PM CST
That is funny! Kids say such funny things.

I think it was the fourth day I was home from the hospital after a c-section with my daughter when my husband asked me what we would like for dinner :meaning fast food: since I still wasn't up to cooking. I said "Oh I don't know I getting a little sick of fast food" and my 3 year old son said very seriously "Yeah dad me too, lets have some slow food". He's 16 now and we still crack up over that.

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 04:03 PM CST
i dont have anything easter related but this cracks me up when i think about it.

my son is about 2.5 when this goes down. he see's a tatoo of a lady bug on my wifes leg. he says "Ladybug!"
a few seconds pause then he goes. real serious. "Mommy ate da lady bug." nods a few times and walks off.

theres plenty more from there. kids say the darndest things
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 04:11 PM CST
How cute! lol

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 04:25 PM CST
Good chuckles for me too!

Flavius
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/23/2005 06:26 PM CST
I have a great on. No words were spoken, but my son who was about 3 at the time was sick, I took him to the hospital and the nurse put that thermoter they use for kids in his ear, my daughter who was 4 ran around to the other side of his head and looked in his other ear.

Even the nurse was giggling.

Tish
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 09:07 AM CST
i love kids. how one couldnt is beyond me. but when you mentioned the sick one. that reminded me of this.

i come home from visiting my parents, i had talked to my wife, my son was ill. she said he was complaining about his head hurting and his mouth hurting. i walk in the door, he is sitting in my recliner. something dont look right. i walk up to him ask him how he's doing. he says something like owies. but i cant stop laughing cause he put a bandaid above each ear and one in the middle of his forehead. i can still see the mark where we had to cut them out of his hair.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 09:09 AM CST
>It can be just like an easter egg hunt!

My daughters call our rabbits poop "chocolate eggs".

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 09:10 AM CST
<<My daughters call our rabbits poop "chocolate eggs".>>

That rules.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 10:02 AM CST
Here's another..

When my oldest daughter was around 3 we lived with my parents. (deadbeat dad sob story) Anyways.. She was playing around my Dad when he was trying to work on his computer. After much patience he finally says to himself.. enough of this. So he says to her, "God almighty, don't you have anything better to do?" She looks up at him with her innocent eyes and says, "I am not God almighty, I am Maria." Its a family favorite story.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 10:07 AM CST
this thread could go on forever :)

my boy did that same thing to me this morning...i said "good morning sunshine"
shaking his head "no sunshine I'm Joowah! (joseph)"

dont stop now. were just getting going.

i love it
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 11:55 AM CST
I am just mortified that I can't think of any of the wonderfully silly things that seem to come out of my daughter all the time. Keep up the stories- I am loving them.

Flavius
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:05 PM CST
Ok well.. here is another then.

Heh.. I have two kids. Lots of funny stuff.

One day I was driving home with my girls. It had been raining all day and cloudy but towards the end of the day the clouds started to break up and the sunset was just gorgeous coming through the break in the clouds. They were lined with silver and pinkish tones. Just breath taking.

So I pulled my car over because I knew it wouldn't last that long and of course the girls are asking.. Whats going on? What happened? What are we doing?

Well, I proceed to tell them that I wanted to look at the sky and it is the simple things like this that makes life special. I tell them you have to grasp these things and enjoy them because even a poor man can appreciate wealths like this. (I am kind of rambling on and on about it.. enjoying the moment) I continue.. If you can't appreciate the simpl-

My daughter breaks in and loudly says, "BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!"

Just one more special moment in my book. : )

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:32 PM CST
Oh man too funny. Okay hope this is ok to post:

My sister had just bought a big beautiful Victorian home that sat on a hill, as you entered the Valley she lived in you could see it clearly from a distance. When we pulled up to the bottom of the driveway my then 7 year old son said "Wow this looks like a whore house". I said "What!? Brian James!" he said "yeah mom you know those scarey movie houses...horror house".

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:43 PM CST
So, this was about a month after my daughter was born...

A married couple who were close friends of ours came over to see us and the new girl. Well, in a kinda role-reversal, the husband loved kids... love to hold 'em and pick 'em up while the wife was paranoid... very corporate, no-nonsense type of woman.

In any case, we finally got her to cave in and try to just holding the baby. Well, as we handed her over to the poor, white-faced woman who started beading sweat, the moment that she took hold of the baby and started to relax about 3 seconds in you heard a thunderous (and rather long) toot from the rear of the baby (made her daddy proud :p). After which, the look of horror reclaimed her face and she promptly handed her back.

Priceless.

Wynder/Faethe
--
The Crossroads of Elanthia
http://dr.warcry.com/
Site Manager

For the latest announcements, news, hints, tips, guides and information, stop by today!
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:45 PM CST
Along the horror house lines. My son had a speech impediment and one day at synagoue while he's walking down the stairs, he's counting each step at the same time the rabbi is coming up the stairs "hun, hoo, hee, hore". I about died.

Tish
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:46 PM CST
hahaha! Good one Entyy.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:46 PM CST
Hahaha.. they are all funny. You too Winder.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 12:47 PM CST
Perfect timing for a doodoo hehe. Yes our kids are very good at embarrassing us. lol

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:01 PM CST
My daughter is coming up on 21 months -- the age where they really are imitating everything... So, in true man-style fashion, during dinner, I have her pounding on her chest three times before going, "BHHHRRAAAA!" to simulate a burp.

Need to shoot that on video sometime and send it off to the grand-pas... hah!

Wynder/Faethe
--
The Crossroads of Elanthia
http://dr.warcry.com/
Site Manager

For the latest announcements, news, hints, tips, guides and information, stop by today!
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:04 PM CST
Haha Daddies are prescious too.

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:09 PM CST
there will probably come a point when a post goes too far. i hope this one isnt it. cause this one nearly killed me.

i have to dress business casual for work. well one of my shirts (i typed shields first. woe is me) is kinda this odd paisiley deal. well the first time i wore this shirt my son goes. "look dady forks!" i look at the shirt and sure enough. if you look at it, the design kinda looks like forks. a few weeks go by. im putting my shoes on, bleary eyed didnt even know i had the shirt on. my wife goes "look at daddies shirt" my son goes "Gay!" he meant to say "Gray" but.......

i love every second of it.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:21 PM CST
Oh geeze! That reminds me of another one.

My brother came to visit me from Boston. It was the first time he saw my daughter. (Age 2 at the time I think)

Anyways, we took her for a walk. We lived in the country at the time and did not get a lot of traffic. So this big truck comes along. (My brother is a riot. Always the life of the party)

My daughter points to the truck and yells "A fruck, a fruck! I love frucks they make me so happy."

My brother bends over and is dying in a fit of laughter and trips then rolls down the small ditch into a stream. It was too funny.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:25 PM CST
Rofl these stories are killing me!

My kids grandparents had just bought a very very costly Motorhome to travel in when they retired, naturally it was THE talk of the family. Plans were made for them to come and park it at our home while they stayed for a weekend visit. My son had picked up on the excitement on us seeing the motorhome for the first time and when they arrived he started to run in circles in the living room yelling "Grammas motorhotor is here! Grammas motorhotor is here!" He hates when I tease him now about that. :)

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:28 PM CST
the motohotor brought tears to my eyes.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:30 PM CST
Lol oh and Dax thats what my son would call Kentucky Fried chicken..was a riot! cept well you get how he REALLY pronounced it which is unprintable here!

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 01:32 PM CST
Kids.. they are priceless. Our heaven and hell at the same time.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 02:08 PM CST
Okay as long as you guys aren't getting sick off these stories I have a couple more:

These stories pretain to Marrkies nephew who is a hoot.

Mark and I went over to babysit his nephew when he was about 3. We had the music on and his nephew was kinda dancing, so I says "Lets see yah boogey!""Lets see yah boogey!" Well he stops, looks at me funny then kinda with a shrug sticks his finger up his nose, takes his finger out aimed at me and starts walking towards me. I said "What are you doing?" over and over again and Mark was cracking up and said "You told him lets see your boogey. hes showing it to you!"

Second funny nephew story:

Ok now Marks nephew is a wee bit older, about 5yrs and hes really into video games. He comes over to visit and begs Mark to play a game with him. They start to play and Marks nephew found the game to challenging and got mad, threw the paddle down and stormed off. Mark tried to conjole him into returning and playing, his nephew would have none of it. So Mark teasingly said "Alright you're not my friend anymore" and his nephew promptly replied "That would be correct". We all just about fell over..was a very funny comeback from such a young child!

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 03:27 PM CST
I love the boogey story! Funny stories. I could read these all day.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 05:38 PM CST
Not quite the same silliness, but when my daughter was barely speaking, we were walking home one evening and she looked up at the full moon and called out "Ball!"

Flavius
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/24/2005 06:09 PM CST
Ok, one more, I thought it was pretty funny, because siblings will fight about anything. My son and daughter around ages 8 and 9 at the time, were arguing over the price of a loaf of bread and how much it really costs. My son said it's 1.99 so it's under 2 dollars. My daughter said, it's 1.99 so it's 2 dollars. They argued about that for about 10 minutes. How do you tell your kids they are both right? They didn't like my answer.

Tish
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/25/2005 10:13 AM CST
>My son said it's 1.99 so it's under 2 dollars. My daughter said, it's 1.99 so it's 2 dollars. They argued about that for about 10 minutes. How do you tell your kids they are both right? They didn't like my answer.

Well, just goes to prove ... he's right for a math/science/engineering person and she's right for an arts/language/feeling person. <g> Looks to me like you just have the paradigmic boy vs. girl argument.
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/26/2005 02:10 PM CST
Okay, so I don't have any children yet, but not too long ago I was a child and have some fond memories of my childhood, quite a few of which were hiarious...here's one.

My mother taught me how to cook at an early age, about 8 or so. One day while she was at home and everyone else was out for the day, I was at home and was taking a nap while my mother napped. I got up before she did and got hungry. So I decided (like any other 8yr old would) that I wanted some chocolate pudding, and I wanted to make it. I found a recipe for a chocolate pie filling, so I used that.

I made all of it and got to the point where I needed to boil it just long enough to make it firm, and I needed help with that part. So I go wake up my mother.

After running into the kitchen (my mother was quite surprised that I was cooking by myself....hehe) my mother calms down now that she sees that the kitchen is not burning down ::grin::. She goes to help me out with mixing.

Now, like any woman, my mother loooooves chocolate. So as this is mixing, she's smelling this wonderful stuff and really wants to try some. So after she finishes it and we are about to spoon it into bowls for cooling, she cools off a small bit in a spoon (the large mixing spoon, of course) and puts it in her mouth.

Her facial reaction changes from one of expecting a wonderful flavorful chocolate turns into one of complete disgust and horror and she leans over and vigorously spits out the chocolate all over the sink, screaming in pain. I thought it was because it was still kinda hot....I was wrong.

"How much salt did you put in this?!?!" My mother asked.

I got this sad look on my face and then turned to the directions. The directions read "1/4 tsp salt". I then flashback to when I got to the salt portion of the recipe and remember putting in 1/4 CUP salt.

I told her this as she continues to try to rinse out her mouth. I ask "What can we do now?", and she says "Nothing, we have to throw this away and start over!" I was quite upset...

My mother and I still laugh about that. She never got rid of that salty taste in her mouth. It was around for almost a week.

~Brady, player of I'm a Lover Not a Fighter Elavin Rismel.

Your mind hears Taygar thinking, "(I)"

>get my amar
You get a burnt orange amaryllis.
>wear my amar
But you don't have any hair! Where are you going to put it? Don't answer that!
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/28/2005 09:08 AM CST
Heh.. the night of Easter. Yes, just last night. My two girls received stuffed fuzzy spring pigs and a rooster as gifts. They are trying to decide what to name their animals. I was laying across one of their beds trying to spend a little quality time at the end of the day. Just the two girls and I.

They gave the pigs (after changing their mind several times) Autumn, and Olive.

Now onto the Rooster.. heh.. Can you imagine my expression when my youngest said, "I know! I know! Lets name it cock." I can only assume it was short for cock-a-doodle-doo.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/28/2005 06:33 PM CST
Hope everyone had a good Easter. The adults in my family can be just as silly as the kid apparently. Marrkie, my brother-in-law and a friend of the family tossed a football with the kids after Easter dinner and promptly ended up with injuries at different times. Mark with a broken nose and my brother-in-law with a broken hand. Daddies need to sit on the porch with us mommies and WATCH. Much safer!

~Entyy
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/29/2005 07:41 AM CST
ouch.

lucky me i made it through nearly pain free. sides my little one sprinkled jelly beans in the jello. them things are hard if your expecting the mushy goodness of j e l l o.

Verbal
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/29/2005 10:30 AM CST
Day before Easter we had a big Easter Egg hunt in Golden Gate Park with about 12 or 15 4-6 year olds. I consider it a success since none of the kids were in tears at the end of the easter egg hunt. Kids are all so cute at this age- most things are on surface and wonderfully transparent.

It was a gorgeous day, with the adults kicking back on the lawn drinking wine and eating good food, while the kids ran around and ate too much candy.

Flavius
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/29/2005 10:34 AM CST
I think all my oldest daughter ate that day WAS candy.

Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/29/2005 06:52 PM CST
I think my neighbors kids are still in shock..

Apparently one of their dads friends didnt pay think about it before he said it.. and during the cookout let slip they were eating rabbit for lunch..

Ever seen a 4 year old who thinks the meat on their plate is the easter bunny?

Man.. that kid hit a note with that scream that almost broke my window.

Pomae

Any questions and/or comments can be sent to me at Mod-Pomae@Play.net, or Senior Board Moderator Annwyl at dr-annwyl@play.net or Board Supervisor Cecco at DR-Cecco@Play.net
Re: Pre-Easter Silliness with children 03/29/2005 09:34 PM CST
Oh my gosh too funny!

~Entyy
Prev_page Previous 1